The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

(Udemy) Outsourcing software development

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

Roger FS

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Aug 23, 2018
MN, USA
I listen to a wide variety of Udemy classes while working (usually at 1.25-1.5X speed), and am finding this one especially interesting on Running a Web Development business:
https://www.udemy.com/the-complete-guide-to-running-a-web-development-business/

Forewarning, there's also a lot of very basic items in the video, but since I'm listening in the background it's often a good review. This instructor also has relatively short teaching segments, separated by a short musical intro/concluding segments a few seconds long (ie - a Pomodoro-like style.) I find this helpful to keep my mind from drifting while having it playing in the background; I don't know that I would be as keen if I was focused on it exclusively. I very much have an audio-learning bias, have countless Audibles to back it up.

The instructor (Evan Kimbrell) is himself running an established web development business, and is speaking from his day-to-day experiences. He himself is non-technical (can't code), but he learned enough technical over the course of time to manage technical projects and grow his business. He had originally moved to India to setup his business, having to learn the ins and outs first-hand of working with overseas developers. Kinetic execution came to mind while he covered his background. The portion I listened to yesterday covered his experiences & recommendations in working with Elance, UpWork, and Freelancer, which may be helpful for me in the future.

I'm early in the web development learning process (a different Udemy video, off hours at home), with an eventual mindset toward a SAAS application. I am looking to kindle ideas while going through my training, as I learn more of the technologies and think about them during work/life. Want to do as much development as possible myself, but keeping an open mind concerning contracting in the longer-term.

If you like this author's style (which I do, for my aforementioned background training), he has a number of entrepreneurial focused videos, and they often tend to be pretty long. I had previously listened to about half of his detailed MVP one (21 hrs long!), which I will review later as I get ideas formulated that I want to pursue.

The Udemy training comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so if you really hate Kimbrell's style you wouldn't be out anything financially (they have a $10.99 sale currently, ending this evening.)

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Yo! In 24 hours my Udemy courses go bye bye.. (for real this time) Gotta make way for...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
Hi Guys! Just wanted to chime in and say that I am a part of Fox's Web School program. Though I...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Any update? Hey bud! When I can squeeze out the time to work, it's been going pretty well...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
MARKETPLACE Entrepreneur's Toolbox: Company Formation, Virtual Mailbox, Registered Agent, Remote Online Notary
Appreciating the transparency and lack of hidden fees. The website is very up-front and user...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom