The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Trying to get started freelancing - Google Ads / Web Design

mavdm22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jul 11, 2022
Hello All,

Hope you are well.

So basically as the thread title stated i am trying to get myself started with Google Ads ( got my Google Certification and also ran my own ecom ads a few years ago) and Web Design. Focusing on lead generation. I have spent time learning Google Ads and web design (wordpress) so i have good theory and now i am looking to get more practical experience.

I prefer Google Ads because i believe it's more performance based and revenue driven marketing. No offence to other platforms but personally i find it easier to target customers.

This is what i have done so far;

Picked a niche - I decided that i would help paving contractors in the UK
Setup a website
Setup domain for outreach.

As of now i have sent around 200 emails to potential clients. This is what i have tried;

Sending out SEO audits - no response
Sending out Reputation Management audits - no response
Sending out Google Business Profile audits - no response
Sending out hand raisers - asking if they can take on more homeowners - here i have had responses but then ghosted once i explained what i did. To be honest here i was too comfortable sending these.
Sending out free work in exchange for testimonial - up until now also no response

So, either my niche is wrong, my targeting is wrong, my approach is wrong or something else that i am not aware of is wrong! or is it simply a case of not contacting enough people?

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light here for me?

Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hello All,

Hope you are well.

So basically as the thread title stated i am trying to get myself started with Google Ads ( got my Google Certification and also ran my own ecom ads a few years ago) and Web Design. Focusing on lead generation. I have spent time learning Google Ads and web design (wordpress) so i have good theory and now i am looking to get more practical experience.

I prefer Google Ads because i believe it's more performance based and revenue driven marketing. No offence to other platforms but personally i find it easier to target customers.

This is what i have done so far;

Picked a niche - I decided that i would help paving contractors in the UK
Setup a website
Setup domain for outreach.

As of now i have sent around 200 emails to potential clients. This is what i have tried;

Sending out SEO audits - no response
Sending out Reputation Management audits - no response
Sending out Google Business Profile audits - no response
Sending out hand raisers - asking if they can take on more homeowners - here i have had responses but then ghosted once i explained what i did. To be honest here i was too comfortable sending these.
Sending out free work in exchange for testimonial - up until now also no response

So, either my niche is wrong, my targeting is wrong, my approach is wrong or something else that i am not aware of is wrong! or is it simply a case of not contacting enough people?

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light here for me?

Thank you

I recommend getting a few results first before doing cold outreach - having some wins will help get a much better response from people. So find some businesses you can help for now (using the connections you already have) and get a project or two done.

Also, be open to what niches you help. Niching down should be because you have experience and can see where it is best applied. There isn't much advantage to niching down at the very start - cast a wide net and just get going with whoever looks suitable.

mavdm22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jul 11, 2022
Small businesses don't want to read audits after a hard days work.

Would you?

Dan
Hi Dan,

No I wouldn't and I completely agree with your comment. That was the primary reason why I moved away from sending audits and local SEO as my core service offering, and moved to something that would provide results in a quicker timeframe and decided on offering Google Ads.

Local SEO is still needed but it's a long term strategy.

I appreciate your comment and welcome any other ideas you may have.

Thank you

mavdm22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jul 11, 2022
I recommend getting a few results first before doing cold outreach - having some wins will help get a much better response from people. So find some businesses you can help for now (using the connections you already have) and get a project or two done.

Also, be open to what niches you help. Niching down should be because you have experience and can see where it is best applied. There isn't much advantage to niching down at the very start - cast a wide net and just get going with whoever looks suitable.
Hi Fox,

Interesting you said that because today I was thinking something similar. I completely agree with you. Unfortunately I do not have any connections directly and have gone as far as asking the people I know if they know anyone and still nothing.

I have sent emails out asking if I could do free work in exchange for testimonials and portfolio additions, and no responses.

I am also helping out on reddit answering questions and also will be doing more on Facebook and searching out forums.

I am curious in regards to why people won't even reply in regards to free work as mentioned? In my eyes (it's possible I'm missing something) it's a win win. They wouldnt lose money or time and in exchange for a testimonial which anyone can write in 5 minutes. I dont understand the resistance.

I appreciate your reply and will be looking to cast wider net. I'm familiar and like working with the home services industries. Could this be my mistake maybe?

Thank you

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Something for you to think about.

A shop nearby sells mobility scooters and things aimed at disabled, elderly.

The manager showed me her email inbox and spam folders. Literally hundreds of emails. She had nearly 140 unread emails in her inbox alone.

FREE Help with SEO, websites, Council Tax, VAT Refunds, Utilities and on and on. You get the drift. Not all but amassive chunk of them. The rest were obvious scams.

Have a guess what the local newspaper Advertising Reps do? They walk in. Name to a face. And they drop by once a week until they get a sale and once they get a sale they still drop by once a week.

Dan

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I am curious in regards to why people won't even reply in regards to free work as mentioned? In my eyes (it's possible I'm missing something) it's a win win. They wouldnt lose money or time and in exchange for a testimonial which anyone can write in 5 minutes. I dont understand the resistance.

The price is only one point of resistance - and usually not the main one.

There is also time, effort, risk, perceived value, priorities, and distractions.

To sell you got to be able to cut through the noise and land on real pain points that matter and are urgent.

So "selling" for free still means you got to be able to sell - but once you get it, the good news is it isn't hard to start actually changing good money quickly afterward.

mavdm22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jul 11, 2022
Something for you to think about.

A shop nearby sells mobility scooters and things aimed at disabled, elderly.

The manager showed me her email inbox and spam folders. Literally hundreds of emails. She had nearly 140 unread emails in her inbox alone.

FREE Help with SEO, websites, Council Tax, VAT Refunds, Utilities and on and on. You get the drift. Not all but amassive chunk of them. The rest were obvious scams.

Have a guess what the local newspaper Advertising Reps do? They walk in. Name to a face. And they drop by once a week until they get a sale and once they get a sale they still drop by once a week.

Dan
Hi Dan,

I understand your message loud and clear.
Basically call in and continue to call in and moral of the story, meet face to face.
The only problem with that is that i am not in my targeted country. Long story short, born in one country, moved to and grew up in targeted country and moved back to country of birth. Now separated with children it's not an option to move. And to complicate things just a little bit more, i'm in a rural part of my country of birth.

You might say, why don't you do what you want in the country you are now, and my answer would be that i am more comfortable in the language where i grew up.

If this wasn't the situation, then calling in would be no problem and i would most likely see results quicker.

Not making excuses, just trying to explain that i again, great points, but not something that i can do if you know what i mean.

Again, thank you for your insight, much appreciated

mavdm22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jul 11, 2022
The price is only one point of resistance - and usually not the main one.

There is also time, effort, risk, perceived value, priorities, and distractions.

To sell you got to be able to cut through the noise and land on real pain points that matter and are urgent.

So "selling" for free still means you got to be able to sell - but once you get it, the good news is it isn't hard to start actually changing good money quickly afterward.
Hi Fox,

Ok now i understand the resistance.
To be honest here, i only looked at and communicated the price aspect of my free offer. There was nothing in regards to the other points you mentioned. If the company isn't aware of the other aspects of how a website could benefit them (it was a one page wp site with a big banner in the middle and a phone number and email address) then in their eyes they may not know why they would need a website. I'm obviously speculating, it could be other things as well.

Basically i understand what you mean and appreciate your reply.

Thank you

Mister

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 22, 2021
Germany
Did you try upwork ?

It’s very competitive but when you have you foot in the door it should go easier.

Also when you speak a non English language you have a little edge.
Than you can tagest these jobs.

Did you try cold calling ?
When you do that you can simply ask „why don’t you want xyz“ and you get straight a answer.

When you call a bunch of the same business / niche and they give you all the same answer.
That’s a clear indication of the current „market“ situation.

Try to make lead gen for pest control in German. I called a few of them and all said straight no.

One was so friendly and explains to me that the pest control community don’t like lead gen company’s.
Most of them operate with scammers which is simply unethical.
Also most of them don’ took any new clients.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
These threads might help:

I also did a call in @Fox 's paid group where I discussed getting started selling Google Ads as a Service. That recording is in his paid membership. It's also in my own paid membership.

Basically, Start by saying Yes to everything, Scale by saying No to everything. As @Fox said, don't niche down yet. Go get your first client, free or low paying it doesn't matter. Then figure it out as you go along.

mavdm22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jul 11, 2022
Did you try upwork ?

It’s very competitive but when you have you foot in the door it should go easier.

Also when you speak a non English language you have a little edge.
Than you can tagest these jobs.

Did you try cold calling ?
When you do that you can simply ask „why don’t you want xyz“ and you get straight a answer.

When you call a bunch of the same business / niche and they give you all the same answer.
That’s a clear indication of the current „market“ situation.

Try to make lead gen for pest control in German. I called a few of them and all said straight no.

One was so friendly and explains to me that the pest control community don’t like lead gen company’s.
Most of them operate with scammers which is simply unethical.
Also most of them don’ took any new clients.

Hi Mister,

Hope you are well and thank you for your comment.

No, i have not tried upwork. I have only tried cold email using the different strategies above in my original post. The other language that I speak is Portuguese and I'm in Portugal.

Cold calling
I spoke to two who requested that I call. One was not in a position to invest, provided him with some basic information to point him in the direction which would benefit him most at his stage. The other I called, was busy, asked for a call back and then didn't answer.

I also agree with you in regards to cold calling. It's not a problem for me to call but I avoid it on the basis that I presume they are busy, I would rather call when the potential clients are expecting my call.

In regards to calling and checking the market, maybe I could call those who have opened my emails a fee times. I have those tracked and get opened more than once. What do you or others think?

Just out of curiosity when you called the pest control company did they say anything specific regarding lead gens? Did they explain what was it that was unethical?

Thanks again

mavdm22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jul 11, 2022
These threads might help:

I also did a call in @Fox 's paid group where I discussed getting started selling Google Ads as a Service. That recording is in his paid membership. It's also in my own paid membership.

Basically, Start by saying Yes to everything, Scale by saying No to everything. As @Fox said, don't niche down yet. Go get your first client, free or low paying it doesn't matter. Then figure it out as you go along.
Hi Andy,

Thank you for your reply.

I have actually read a few posts from you. I know you started by helping your electrician friend when the coupon fell out of the book.

One of the things you have always said is that you don't do outreach. You said to build relationships and help people.

Whilst I have been doing my outreach I have been helping people ( this last week) so far i have a call scheduled next week with someone in Florida and currently helping someone from San Diego. Not exactly my niche but taking into consideration what you and fox said.

Also in the process of setting up a partnership with a web dev who is looking for Google ads.

Thank you for providing the links to the threads. I'm going to explore what you suggested.

Last edited:

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
freelancing is for retards.

How much does it cost to get a logo from a retard freelancer?

$40?

How much does it costs to get a logo from a company like electricpen.com

Likely $4000 or something in that ballpark.

What's the difference? It's just a company with a web domain offering a service. But they position themselves as experts while freelancers are cheap and commoditized.

Start a company, stop freelancing like a broke retard.

mavdm22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jul 11, 2022
freelancing is for retards.

How much does it cost to get a logo from a retard freelancer?

$40?

How much does it costs to get a logo from a company like electricpen.com

Likely $4000 or something in that ballpark.

What's the difference? It's just a company with a web domain offering a service. But they position themselves as experts while freelancers are cheap and commoditized.

Start a company, stop freelancing like a broke retard.
Hi Johnny Boy,

Hope you are well.

Do I agree with what you said. Yes and no. Do I respect your opinion. No question. Yes. Let me explain.

You are 100% correct in what you said. However, from my perspective I don't even know if i can get any clients!

I have done that in the past, setup a company only to run through my savings without any sales. Right or wrong I refuse to jump head first again into the unknown.

The way I see it is this. Let me get clients, provide a service the benefits both parties and grow from there. If or when I have proof that A. I can get clients, B. Both parties satisfied then yes absolutely C. Would be to do as you said.

I'm not there yet Johnny.

I've read some of your posts. You're straight to the point ( I like that) a few times I've read what you said and thought MMm that doesnt sit well with me (regarding the way you did or would do). So clearly I know you know what you are talking about.

A brief overview of my situation is above. Andy and fox have been fantastic. Forgetting starting a company right this second what would you do?

I appreciate your comment and welcome any observations you may have.

Thank you

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Start freelancing. Figure out how to scale from there.

mavdm22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jul 11, 2022
Start freelancing. Figure out how to scale from there.
HI Andy,

Hope you are well.

Yes that was what I thought. Johnny is correct in what he said but i think that he is a few steps ahead of me.

Going to be working through your thread recommendations.

Thanks again. I'll be back.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
The beauty of providing Google Ads as a service is that clients are already paying monthly for the Google Ads. It's logical (even preferrable) for them to pay a monthly fee to a freelancer or agency to manage their campaigns.

Another beauty of Google Ads is they can be very consistent when dialled in (note the two highlighted words... you can't always dial it in, and you can't always make it consistent).

So you can get campaigns setup, as a freelancer, that pay you $500/mth and run for years with barely any changes on your part except to update ads as Google introduces new features, and/or create/pause campaigns at the request of clients.

Get 10-20x $500/mth clients where the MRR is low maintenance.

I've 10x $500/mth clients in just one niche. There's just me who sets up campaigns and I have a freelancer who creates landing pages and sets up conversion tracking. Oh, and my 14 year old son sends the weekly reports for each client on Monday morning.

How could I scale as a freelancer?
  • I could get 10 more of those clients in that niche.
  • Those clients may want to sell other services and need more pages and campaigns, potentially going to $1,000/mth or $1,500/mth.
  • IF I go that route I'd create SOPs and train my son to manage campaigns while I setup new ones. Then I'd train him to setup new ones.
  • Then I'd train our 12 year old up to do the reports.
  • So now I'm building out a productised service, possibly with a low/intermediate skilled team.
  • Or you could call it an agency, but whatever.

I get the occasional $6k/mth consulting client, and many levels in between.
  • I'm still a practitioner. I could do higher priced consulting work, but choose not to if I can.
  • Being still at the coal-face I can train others to do what I do (not just the technical side, but also acquiring clients and managing projects).
  • So I'm able to spot something dumb in an account today and knock out a quick video in half an hour (here's today's video). Good luck doing that if you're not still a practitioner at the coal-face.
And while I'm figuring out YouTube, do you think Google Ads clients might be interested in YouTube Ads? YouTube Ads are a subset of Google Ads anyway.

Lots of ways to skin a cat.

Check out my tagline in my avatar:
Start. Sell. Scale.

Get started by helping people.
Figure out how to get paid (sell).
THEN figure out how to scale.

MJ has a great video about it here:

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
get a list and send out 50,000 emails not 200.

Like starting a lawn care company and cutting grass with scissors

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

You don't have an angle.

Let me ask, what's the more compelling sell?

A: "Hey, I'm ____ and do SEO PPC FFS XYZ Marketing. Hire me."

or...

B: "Hey, I've generated X leads for you. They want to hire you NOW. Just pay me a % for the referral."

Obviously B. You're practically selling money to your customers.

@MJ DeMarco did a great demonstration at the Fastlane Summit a few years ago. He stood up in front of the audience and asked "I'm looking for a $10 bill. I'll pay you $100 for it. Any takers?"

When you're speaking to potential customers, your value needs to feel like you're selling $100 bills for $10. If it's not, you have some real work to do. Please keep in mind that there's a million other marketers out there...What's your angle? How will you compete?

Agreed but be sure your copy is airtight before scaling send volume.

No sense in doing that if it goes to spam.

@mavdm22 I'm in your industry (lead generation) and sincerely believe you want to succeed. There's a lot I've written prior that'll come in handy. I highly suggest you dive in and read from start to finish:

Mister

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 22, 2021
Germany
In regards to calling and checking the market, maybe I could call those who have opened my emails a fee times. I have those tracked and get opened more than once. What do you or others think?

Just out of curiosity when you called the pest control company did they say anything specific regarding lead gens? Did they explain what was it that was unethical?

Thanks again
To use it as a follow-up sounds like a good idea.

Nope, none explained why is unethical, that's my personal view.
But based on their reaction, I know there wasn't something right about the reaction. Then most of them reacted the same way.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Have you got a client yet, even a free one?

mavdm22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jul 11, 2022
The beauty of providing Google Ads as a service is that clients are already paying monthly for the Google Ads. It's logical (even preferrable) for them to pay a monthly fee to a freelancer or agency to manage their campaigns.

Another beauty of Google Ads is they can be very consistent when dialled in (note the two highlighted words... you can't always dial it in, and you can't always make it consistent).

So you can get campaigns setup, as a freelancer, that pay you $500/mth and run for years with barely any changes on your part except to update ads as Google introduces new features, and/or create/pause campaigns at the request of clients.

Get 10-20x $500/mth clients where the MRR is low maintenance.

I've 10x $500/mth clients in just one niche. There's just me who sets up campaigns and I have a freelancer who creates landing pages and sets up conversion tracking. Oh, and my 14 year old son sends the weekly reports for each client on Monday morning.

How could I scale as a freelancer?
  • I could get 10 more of those clients in that niche.
  • Those clients may want to sell other services and need more pages and campaigns, potentially going to $1,000/mth or $1,500/mth.
  • IF I go that route I'd create SOPs and train my son to manage campaigns while I setup new ones. Then I'd train him to setup new ones.
  • Then I'd train our 12 year old up to do the reports.
  • So now I'm building out a productised service, possibly with a low/intermediate skilled team.
  • Or you could call it an agency, but whatever.

I get the occasional $6k/mth consulting client, and many levels in between.
  • I'm still a practitioner. I could do higher priced consulting work, but choose not to if I can.
  • Being still at the coal-face I can train others to do what I do (not just the technical side, but also acquiring clients and managing projects).
  • So I'm able to spot something dumb in an account today and knock out a quick video in half an hour (here's today's video). Good luck doing that if you're not still a practitioner at the coal-face.
And while I'm figuring out YouTube, do you think Google Ads clients might be interested in YouTube Ads? YouTube Ads are a subset of Google Ads anyway.

Lots of ways to skin a cat.

Check out my tagline in my avatar:
Start. Sell. Scale.

Get started by helping people.
Figure out how to get paid (sell).
THEN figure out how to scale.

MJ has a great video about it here:
Hi Andy,

Yes, that's exactly how i want to do it and thought out in my mind apart from the YT ads bit. At least the YT ads isn't in my plans at the moment but i completely agree that its also a possibility.

I have watched the video several times, really enjoyed it and clearly sets out a logical path.

mavdm22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jul 11, 2022

Like starting a lawn care company and cutting grass with scissors
Hi Johnny,

Hope you are well

Sending 200 emails is nothing, i agree, i am actually surprised no one said that until now. But the Uk market is considerably smaller than the US. I don't even think there are 50k companies in my niche. There could be but either way your message was loud and clear.

Thank you and if you can or want if anything else springs to mind, do let me know, i appreciate all the help i can get

Joejordan95

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Sep 12, 2021
U.K
Hi Johnny,

Hope you are well

Sending 200 emails is nothing, i agree, i am actually surprised no one said that until now. But the Uk market is considerably smaller than the US. I don't even think there are 50k companies in my niche. There could be but either way your message was loud and clear.

Thank you and if you can or want if anything else springs to mind, do let me know, i appreciate all the help i can get
Get on Facebook if you’re not already and get in the local uk paving contractor groups

There’s a guy who I met in a pressure washing group and he done me a website and my ads and he’s been in there for months and has found multiple clients

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Oh, and another benefit is you're dealing with business owners, who believe in spending money to make money. No need to pay to learn from business owners, get paid to get kicked into shaped by them.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Sorry, feck cold emailing and cold calling.

"Who already has your clients?"
(Jay Abraham)

I get sooo much of my work from businesss who want to offer Google Ads services to their clients.

All you need is one business that has multiple clients who you can build a win-win-win with.

Before that happens you need ONE client and to get some skin in the game. Have you asked everyone in your network if they know anyone who wants help with Google Ads?

mavdm22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jul 11, 2022
You don't have an angle.

Let me ask, what's the more compelling sell?

A: "Hey, I'm ____ and do SEO PPC FFS XYZ Marketing. Hire me."

or...

B: "Hey, I've generated X leads for you. They want to hire you NOW. Just pay me a % for the referral."

Obviously B. You're practically selling money to your customers.

@MJ DeMarco did a great demonstration at the Fastlane Summit a few years ago. He stood up in front of the audience and asked "I'm looking for a $10 bill. I'll pay you $100 for it. Any takers?"

When you're speaking to potential customers, your value needs to feel like you're selling $100 bills for $10. If it's not, you have some real work to do. Please keep in mind that there's a million other marketers out there...What's your angle? How will you compete?

Agreed but be sure your copy is airtight before scaling send volume.

No sense in doing that if it goes to spam.

@mavdm22 I'm in your industry (lead generation) and sincerely believe you want to succeed. There's a lot I've written prior that'll come in handy. I highly suggest you dive in and read from start to finish:

Hi Mike,

Hope you are well

After researching the niche that i decided to niche into (even though i am swaying to what Fox said which is to cast a net as wide as possible at the start) my angle was to provide leads for one service which (in my mind) was the service where they would make the most profit. So for example instead of leads for finding electrical faults i wanted to provide leads for full house rewires. Not my niche by the way. Is it a good angle, i don't know. In my mind it is. Could i be wrong. Highly possible.

In your B example you made me think of rank and rent. Was that what you were referring to? Or setup a site, pay for ads and then forward them to clients.?

Actually creating offers is a huge problem for me. Everything seems to boil down to. Free this for x period, Pay nothing until this happens. Pay nothing for x days. Pay this trial for x days. Only pay once you make x. Obviously there are others, many others and i know that i could be completely wrong here. Hence my statement earlier that i do struggle with making offers. Maybe i should of started the thread by explaining what i want to do and if anyone could help with the offer!

In regards to sending amounts. I know that the outreach system i have in place is setup correctly. I have tracking and see the email opens. Mentioned earlier that the emails are opened several times some of them. Its a basic system setup with a max capacity of 50. The idea here was to test (as you can see from the original first post and as Dan pointed out about the audits) I wanted to see what worked and what didn't on a small scale and then move from there.

In regards to your link, i will be checking that as soon as i have checked Andy's list of threads to check. Kind of like on a list and working my way down. I appreciate you sending me the link.

I also appreciate your reply and help.

Thank you Mike

mavdm22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jul 11, 2022
To use it as a follow-up sounds like a good idea.

Nope, none explained why is unethical, that's my personal view.
But based on their reaction, I know there wasn't something right about the reaction. Then most of them reacted the same way.
Hi Mister,

Hope you are well.

The follow up idea. Yes and no. I have not tested it yet. It could be good in finding out the general sentiment, it could also backfire fantastically well! Potential client could say " so let me get this straight, i didn't reply and you thought it was a good idea to call me. So if me not replying wasn't a big enough clue for you, now you want me to tell you over the phone as well!" To which me in my stupidity would reply in a calm tone, "I didn't know you weren't interested and wanted to save you the time of writing an email" Jokes aside, i know you know what i mean.

Some business owners want to hear from you, others don't, some reply to emails, some ignore all communication from anyone reaching out like the plague. Keeps us on out toes that's for sure. One thing that's for sure is that i am going to do it anyway. At least to get that sentiment you mentioned. Probably should have done it before i started the site, setup the outreach to be honest and in hindsight. Would have been better. Next time i suppose.

Thanks again. I appreciate it.

mavdm22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jul 11, 2022
Have you got a client yet, even a free one?
Hi Andy

No, unfortunately not yet, spent the best part of nearly two hours this evening chatting to someone in California and he wanted information. Which is fine. Even though i want a client, i do get a certain satisfaction that you made a difference to someone or at least tried. Did i offer to do it for free? No, should i have done? Possibly. I didn't want to ruin anything.

i was going to call the business that i offered to do a free site for today (got caught up in the above), but tomorrow can work also and it gives them a little more time. Still got a call booked for next week and i spoke in length to a web dev last night to which it seemed at first glance could be a good partnership as he does not offer google ads.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.