The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

P789

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Sep 23, 2020
Legazpi, Philippines
I have a problem of one of the commandments, which is CONTROL. Any business violates this commandment not because of being controlled by one Huge Business but the government controls ALL of the businesses, including large-scale ones.

The government can shut down any business within its territory which is already demonstrated when ABS-CBN (Alto Broadcasting System and Chronicle Broadcating Network) got off-air last May 4, 2020 after they refused to give their franchise.

So, to have control of your business, simply follow government regulations.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

EDIT: Added something

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Saad Khan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
I feel like anyone who doesn't know about CENTS is at a huge disadvantage. Love your thought process MJ

thechosen1

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Aug 25, 2020
Antarctica
Time and Scale seem to be the most elusive commandments.

Of the two I’m not sure which is more rare, but if you include magnitude with scale, time seems to be the rarest of all...

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
I have a problem of one of the commandments, which is CONTROL. Any business violates this commandment not because of being controlled by one Huge Business but the government controls ALL of the businesses, including large-scale ones.

The government can shut down any business within its territory which is already demonstrated when ABS-CBN (Alto Broadcasting System and Chronicle Broadcating Network) got off-air last May 4, 2020 after they refused to give their franchise.

So, to have control of your business, simply follow government regulations.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

EDIT: Added something

Kinda like saying, Well if an asteroid hits the earth, do you really have control?

If aliens invaded earth, do you really have control?

If my country voted for NAZIS to run the government, do you really have control?

Stop being ridiculous for the sake of being argumentative.

P789

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Sep 23, 2020
Legazpi, Philippines
Kinda like saying, Well if an asteroid hits the earth, do you really have control?

If aliens invaded earth, do you really have control?

If my country voted for NAZIS to run the government, do you really have control?

Stop being ridiculous for the sake of being argumentative.
Ok thank you for clarification and I’m sorry because I was so pragmatic lately in the recent situation here.

P.S. I need to calm down

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
Ok thank you for clarification and I’m sorry because I was so pragmatic lately in the recent situation here.

P.S. I need to calm down

No worries. If we dig deep enough, you realize we control nothing. Control is just relative to the system we find ourselves in.

Flint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jul 14, 2020
It's never been about full control over all possible variables.

In my book, C in CENTS stands for risk control. Through diversification, abundance, multiple channels, safety margins, redundancy measures, reduction/prevention of a single point of failure etc.

Trying to reduce all possible risks to zero is analysis paralysis. Going all in without any risk control and hoping for the best is learning the lesson the hard way.

Vasili27

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Jun 2, 2021
Philadelphia Pa
I have a question when you say "need(value)" does it have to be a need with in the market or can it be a need you create for example, say company 1 sells shirts and they are making good money, but then company 2 decides to sell shirts but makes the experience and the quality way better.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
say company 1 sells shirts and they are making good money, but then company 2 decides to sell shirts but makes the experience and the quality way better.

Value skew:
1) Quality
2) Experience
3) Marketing

You have 3 reasons why someone should buy your t-shirts over the "company making good money".

Need isn't always about "need" per se, but about WANT, DESIRE, and EMOTIONAL connections.

Vasili27

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Jun 2, 2021
Philadelphia Pa
Value skew:
1) Quality
2) Experience
3) Marketing

You have 3 reasons why someone should buy your t-shirts over the "company making good money".

Need isn't always about "need" per se, but about WANT, DESIRE, and EMOTIONAL connections.
thanks MJ appreciate the feed back

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE  NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (50% Off Deal Now On)
Hey, @Fox! Kudos on your course and all the free content that you have released on your YouTube...
MARKETPLACE  You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
What I got was completely unexpected; @LightHouse generously talked with me for 2 straight hours...
MARKETPLACE  Freelance University: Solve Every Freelance Problem (Especially on Upwork)
FU. 4 DAYS. 50% OFF BLACK FRIDAY SALE! If you're an Upwork freelancer, you'd be a fool not to...
MARKETPLACE  For Sale: Food Brand with 4 Years of Happy Customers in a Fast-Growing Niche
So to get certified, it cost a fortune? How much exactly? That sucks that these "health...
MARKETPLACE  Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's...
MARKETPLACE  Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom