The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Progress thread - My first CENTS business? Let’s see execution

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

KJFast

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 8, 2023
Hey guys, going to be posting progress in here continually. Maybe not daily but as common as I’ve made a new leap.

Couple nights ago I had an idea hit me slam in the face, did some research and my idea only solidified. I then checked if it was CENTS, sure enough: it is! It’s also achievable on my budget and doable with my skills or skills I could learn in not too long.

Currently I run a retail ecommerce product based business that makes little sales. I started this before ever reading MJ’s books after reading just the 4 hour work week. I dived head first into making this current business after discovering the product for myself and thinking “I want to sell this”. I’ve learnt so much from this “failed” business that I’m still running. It turns a profit though not even enough to cover bills (Though could reasonably be scaled to do this). It violates CENTS though and couldn’t outsource the product fulfilment due to the product being “high risk”.

NOW

My next business, which I’ve already solidly decided is a good idea and I will work on making it happen til it either falls flat or succeeds.

It’s relatively easy to setup, just a website is needed and then could market with google ads/free social media methods.
Decided on my value skews, solving really common pain points. Big enough market size to make easily enough money to set me mostly free. Admittedly this biz won’t be valued in the millions but it’s a great start

I’ll post progress once I’ve made the site, not going to bore people with any action fakes like “wow I bought the domain” (Which admittedly I have)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lifemaker

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Oct 26, 2023
Hey guys, going to be posting progress in here continually. Maybe not daily but as common as I’ve made a new leap.

Couple nights ago I had an idea hit me slam in the face, did some research and my idea only solidified. I then checked if it was CENTS, sure enough: it is! It’s also achievable on my budget and doable with my skills or skills I could learn in not too long.

Currently I run a retail ecommerce product based business that makes little sales. I started this before ever reading MJ’s books after reading just the 4 hour work week. I dived head first into making this current business after discovering the product for myself and thinking “I want to sell this”. I’ve learnt so much from this “failed” business that I’m still running. It turns a profit though not even enough to cover bills (Though could reasonably be scaled to do this). It violates CENTS though and couldn’t outsource the product fulfilment due to the product being “high risk”.

NOW

My next business, which I’ve already solidly decided is a good idea and I will work on making it happen til it either falls flat or succeeds.

It’s relatively easy to setup, just a website is needed and then could market with google ads/free social media methods.
Decided on my value skews, solving really common pain points. Big enough market size to make easily enough money to set me mostly free. Admittedly this biz won’t be valued in the millions but it’s a great start

I’ll post progress once I’ve made the site, not going to bore people with any action fakes like “wow I bought the domain” (Which admittedly I have)
Sounds like you have the correct mindset.
Great job for not action faking. Keep it up!
Good probability to your path!

KJFast

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 8, 2023
Sounds like you have the correct mindset.
Great job for not action faking. Keep it up!
Good probability to your path!
Thank you! I can tell the difference between action faking and meaningful action pretty well now. When I validated this concept it was a “holy F*ck” moment of knowing that I can pursue something truly CENTS. Admittedly I don’t think it’ll be a business that I could liquidate and create a paycheck pot, though it will give me such a level of freedom!

It’s purely digital too and most day to day operations passive! Though I admit and know nothing is truly ever completely passive, unless a paycheck pot!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.