Some people genuinely like and are compelled to help others. They’re not “content marketing”.
Maybe you're not doing it for monetary gains but there's always a reason.
For example, I might start telling people how great you are because you give a lot of Google ads content for free and you'll feel good about it because now you feel surrounded by good people who will protect you from lions and tigers.
@LaneMan end this already, better learn from this thread.
it has some gold content, I am I'm similar condition as you, but I can verify clients don't see budget when they can afford it.
I don't have a portfolio so that's why I didn't get that gig, and now I am trying to become an authority in that niche.
View attachment 35149
when they he rejected me he said I didnt have anything to show for thats why he rejected and when I asked about pricing he said the above.
Edit: I am an app developer
End what? The conversations have been fruitful and interesting. You seem to be taking sides. You'll end up losing a lot of valuable information that way because you will only accept the answers from people you're siding with.
We're not running a competition here.
The reason why they rejected you is because they're smart people who only hire people with good looking portfolios. If you live in India, you'll mostly find these kind of people - they don't like taking unnecessary risks. In the US, UK, and other developed countries, businesses have a ton more money and can afford to make mistakes.
If you can find igorant business owners, you can charge up to 100x what you're charging now.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
