The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Some Questions about starting a Facebook Ads Agency

Prithwish Hati

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 6, 2023
Is it a bad idea to start SMMA in 2023?
I'm a newbie so really not sure how much competition is in this field?
Is the Entry barrier really low in this industry?
I'm niching down to small and solo businesses. Does the cold emailing works anymore?

I know it's a lot of questions I'm asking but I will be thankful if anyone working in SMM can answer it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is it a bad idea to start SMMA in 2023?

It's not something I'd recommend other than a means to get valuable experience in marketing.

I'm a newbie so really not sure how much competition is in this field?

A lot, because every two-bit internet guru keeps pushing it so they can sell high-ticket courses.

Is the Entry barrier really low in this industry?

Yes, anyone in the world can do it. You really want to compete with someone in Bulgaria and Pakistan?

I'm niching down to small and solo businesses. Does the cold emailing works anymore?

Yes, but effective cold emailing is an art. And like many things in life, including art, it takes skills and practice.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Yes, anyone in the world can do it. You really want to compete with someone in Bulgaria and Pakistan?
This is theoretically true, but in reality 70%+ of agencies out there suck and can't get results for their customers. There aren't barriers to entry in the sense that anyone can call themselves an agency very easily but imo there's a long way to go from calling yourself an agency to delivering results for customers, which is when you're a real business.

I see barriers of entry as of 4 kinds: legal, capital, network, skills. Out of those 4, the one you can most cultivate is (4). The others are less accessible. So @Prithwish Hati should make no mistake about it – it will take him a significant amount of time to develop the skill to the point that it becomes a competitive advantage for him.

In terms of how you can build the foundations for your agency, check out this thread: NOTABLE! - MARKETING - Does your Agency have the foundations to scale to $1M+?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.