The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Software Developer Looking To Partner

X11joe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 20, 2018
My name is Joe,

I'm a senior software developer & entrepreneur. I'm here on the forum because I'm looking to partner with someone to create a business in which software is needed. Preferably I would like to partner with another software developer, but if you have good marketing skills that is a good fit also.

I can program in any language, Objective-C, Swift, C, C++, Java, PHP, Javascript (Node JS & Client-side), OpenGL and Serverless Framework (Amazon S3, Lambda, RDS), MySQL and more!. I also have a passion for cryptocurrency as well as experience compiling my own coins as well.

If you can imagine it ... I can probably code it. If I can't I know someone who can. I am very confident in my coding and software project management ability.

If you would like me to assist on your project (since this is not my first rodeo), I require a few things.

• Proof that the project you are developing has pre-sales and orders lined up.
  • Proof of your own investment into your project.
  • Assurance that I will get the shares or money promised to me (Bank Card Access, Contracts, Etc...)
  • Timeline for the project to be completed & milestones.
  • How many business attempts have you done with other projects in the past (were they successful, failures, why?)
  • Anything else you think would be benefit your case.
I look forward to being involved on the forum and meeting some great entrepreneurs to work with!

P.S -- Please note that I am aware that hiring a developer with my skill level usually costs $100,000+ a year on salary, so I ask nicely that if you want me to take the time to consider your project ... that you consider my time as well when you contact me. PM me on the forum to get started and I'll shoot my email if I think we will be a good fit.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

X11joe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 20, 2018
Welcome aboard. Have you read the books?

What sort of businesses have you worked on?

Perhaps stick around for a while before looking to partner up.

I have read the books, this is why I don't want the slowlane method of working the job ;).

I currently run a Pool Service business in Florida and California. I do the software and marketing for it. I had experience with 6 other failed business attempts before that, but I consider them trials for really understanding what is important in business which is testing the market beforehand to make sure your product is viable and people actually want it.

I'm not arrogant enough to think I know what people I want. I strongly believe in the approach of doing research to find what people want and proving it by seeing if they are willing to put money down in advance. If they are willing to do this you know you got something good.

A lot of times people just say it's a good idea, but in reality I believe the money down is the real vote of confidence.

D

Deleted50669

I would solicit myself as a partner in crime, but I'm probably not up to snuff yet haha

Nelow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 23, 2018
Maryland, USA
Welcome to the forum! looking forward to seeing what you can accomplish with a good partner. Where would you recommend a new programmer start learning with python? such as books or programs? also, do you have any experience with online automation?

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
I have been programming since I was 10 years old, I'm 33 now, so a lot and a lot of practice and passion for it :). I enjoy coding as long as it's something interesting.
Me too. Welcome to the community. :)

DigitalNomad

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 23, 2018
My name is Joe,

I'm a senior software developer & entrepreneur. I'm here on the forum because I'm looking to partner with someone to create a business in which software is needed. Preferably I would like to partner with another software developer, but if you have good marketing skills that is a good fit also.

I can program in any language, Objective-C, Swift, C, C++, Java, PHP, Javascript (Node JS & Client-side), OpenGL and Serverless Framework (Amazon S3, Lambda, RDS), MySQL and more!. I also have a passion for cryptocurrency as well as experience compiling my own coins as well.

If you can imagine it ... I can probably code it. If I can't I know someone who can. I am very confident in my coding and software project management ability.

If you would like me to assist on your project (since this is not my first rodeo), I require a few things.

• Assurance that I will get the shares or money promised to me (Bank Card Access, Contracts, Etc...)
  • How many business attempts have you done with other projects in the past (were they successful, failures, why?)
I look forward to being involved on the forum and meeting some great entrepreneurs to work with!

P.S -- Please note that I am aware that hiring a developer with my skill level usually costs $100,000+ a year on salary, so I ask nicely that if you want me to take the time to consider your project ... that you consider my time as well when you contact me. PM me on the forum to get started and I'll shoot my email if I think we will be a good fit.

It would be great if we could get connected.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
I have been programming since I was 10 years old, I'm 33 now, so a lot and a lot of practice and passion for it :). I enjoy coding as long as it's something interesting.
The most obvious idea would be to make a code learning platform like codecademy.

There are a few communities out there for co-founders to meet
- CoFoundersLab
- Founder2be
- Founderio

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Joe, appreciate the introduction but express solicitation for partners on the forum is against the rules.

That said, it can happen overtly and as a side-effect of forum participation. Obviously networking and building relationships is why the forum exists. Hang around, contribute, and it will happen naturally.

If you can imagine it ... I can probably code it.

How about new forum software to compete with all the garbage forum software (I.E. Xenforo) that refuses to leave 1999 as UI standard?

;)

Welcome to the forum.

babyballer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Jul 16, 2018
You can try discourse forum software. It is free and it has better UI than vbuletin or xenforo.

How about new forum software to compete with all the garbage forum software (I.E. Xenforo) that refuses to leave 1999 as UI standard?

babyballer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Jul 16, 2018

I am very skeptical when someone says he can code in any language. There's no professional software developers I know who can code in any language and I know a lot of them. They typically have one or two languages they use and like the most.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You can try discourse forum software. It is free and it has better UI than vbuletin or xenforo.

Already reviewed it. Don't like it much. Not looking to replace 1 turd with another.

ManlyMansNegator

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 29, 2018
Australia
I am very skeptical when someone says he can code in any language. There's no professional software developers I know who can code in any language and I know a lot of them. They typically have one or two languages they use and like the most.
Perhaps he means he can learn to code quickly in any language. If you have enough coding background all of the high function Coding languages are similar.Since he has specified C which is one step above machine code
(would not recommend machine code ...... God how i hated that)

He thus has more than enough knowledge for the "shoot off" high function coding languages.
He mentioned website coding so that basically covers everything else. The only other "Coding language" I know of are really niche used in simulations and/or MATLAB.

X11joe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 20, 2018
Joe, appreciate the introduction but express solicitation for partners on the forum is against the rules.

That said, it can happen overtly and as a side-effect of forum participation. Obviously networking and building relationships is why the forum exists. Hang around, contribute, and it will happen naturally.

;)

Welcome to the forum.

I get what you are saying, I was just introducing myself and my reason for joining the forum. I will be more careful next time.

That said is there any money in new forum software? The time to develop a good forum software might take years... even with a team of programmers. So could it be done, yes. Could I code it. .. Yes. Is it practical... probably not :p. Not to mention the tons of competitors.

Last edited:

X11joe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 20, 2018
Any good programmer worth his salt knows that all the languages are basically the same with minor differences. I personally switched from PHP to Javascript & NodeJS as my language of choice but I can literally program in any language if the need arises and have for different types of jobs and needs (such as Swift & Objective-C for iPhone Apps)

X11joe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 20, 2018
Welcome to the forum! looking forward to seeing what you can accomplish with a good partner. Where would you recommend a new programmer start learning with python? such as books or programs? also, do you have any experience with online automation?
Online automation is my specialty actually, it's what I'm best at. I've created tons of tools in the past to automate scraping websites with RegEx for example. I've also automated using selenium to simulate users visiting websites and how the websites will render across different browsers.

Before choosing to learn Python is there a reason you chose that programming language? I personally prefer NodeJS (Javascript) since you can now use one language for the backend, frontend and even mobile apps. I used to hate it but its versatility has me sold at the moment and it's improving as a language constantly (such as Class syntax support in 2015, it could do it before but it was more confusing).

X11joe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 20, 2018
Hello, your experience is impressive. Do you do Kotlin development for Android phone and Wear apps?

Not currently, but I can program for android phones and learn it if necessary for a project. What are you developing that requires Kotlin?

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Wow, how did you learn so much code?
maxresdefault.jpg

daru

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Feb 11, 2017
Earth
Any good programmer worth his salt knows that all the languages are basically the same with minor differences. I personally switched from PHP to Javascript & NodeJS as my language of choice but I can literally program in any language if the need arises and have for different types of jobs and needs (such as Swift & Objective-C for iPhone Apps)
Really? Those are high level languages? Maybe not Objective-C but I'm guessing XCode IDE does half the job there?
I'm at best a decent programmer but there are pretty big differences between Assembly, C/C++ vs. Lisp, Erlang vs. PHP/Python/Ruby/Js.

Granted, writing code is somewhat easy.
Writing good, working, simple, readable, secure and maintainable code is HARD! Maybe you are one of those 10x programmers but they are pretty rare. If they even exists if one looks carefully.

Got any open source projects one can look at? Bitbucket/Github?

Currently learning Rust and I wouldn't say it's super easy! ;)

Last edited:

X11joe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 20, 2018
Really? Those are high level languages? Maybe not Objective-C but I'm guessing XCode IDE does half the job there?
I'm at best a decent programmer but there are pretty big differences between Assembly, C/C++ vs. Lisp, Erlang vs. PHP/Python/Ruby/Js.

Granted, writing code is somewhat easy.
Writing good, working, simple, readable, secure and maintainable code is HARD! Maybe you are one of those 10x programmers but they are pretty rare. If they even exists if one looks carefully.

Got any open source projects one can look at? Bitbucket/Github?

Currently learning Rust and I wouldn't say it's super easy! ;)

Well if you count assembly in the list.... then that is radically different from other languages since it's extremely low level. Most high level languages are all the same really just different syntax rules. I only know a little bit of assembly but have not messed with it too much since I have not had the need. I did a little robotics and so had to learn a little a long time ago, but now with the Arduino you can do so much without even needing to know assembly.

As you said the more important thing is writing good, working, simple, readable and secure and maintainable code. As long as you do these things you will be great. I'm a big believer in maintainable code in particular. I will turn down better technologies if it means I'll lose maintainability. Same thing when I hire developers, if it can't be maintained easily with the coding language of their choice I'll just turn it down. This is my preference since I'm the one that has to deal with their code not them, so I have to go with what is easiest to maintain for myself or whomever is managing the project.

I'm not currently doing any open source projects but you can see my stack overflow account here: User Joseph Astrahan (I have a pretty good rep on there).

igor ganapolsky

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Jan 14, 2018
New Jersey
Not currently, but I can program for android phones and learn it if necessary for a project. What are you developing that requires Kotlin?
I am developing an Android Wear smart watch app. Every android project in the world requires Kotlin nowadays...

X11joe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 20, 2018
I am developing an Android Wear smart watch app. Every android project in the world requires Kotlin nowadays...

I see, I have not done android app development recently except with ReactJS & Java & Titanium (Appcelerator). I have not made any smart watch apps, but I assume it's pretty straight forward after studying the documentation. I don't know everything :)... but can learn anything and quickly at this point. I know the smart watches are a new emerging market with lots of potential.

I will look into this though. Curious what you can do on these frameworks these days.

pmaloneus

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Dec 3, 2017
US
My name is Joe,

Sent you a PM.

salasben19

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Mar 19, 2018
New Mexico
My name is Joe,

I am Ben , I have a master's degree in Accounting, years of corporate / government / and non profit experience, extremely advanced skills /knowledge / experience of Excel as well as all Microsoft integreinte. If I can do anything to help add value, please let me know : )

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...