The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Anything related to matters of the mind

Alexander Seery

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
May 7, 2016
England, UK.
Hey everyone,

I hope you are all well...

I kind of need some help and would love brainstorming session..... I am wondering what kind of questions would you ask a Millionaire entrepreneur?

I have recently launched a new brand called Ultra-Preneur®.

Ultra-Preneur® Is where I interview the worlds most successful and inspiring millionaire entrepreneurs on their business, story, personal development and mindset so I can provide outstanding value by HD video and Podcast to those who want to better themselves in life. By studying successful entrepreneurs and personal development for over 5 years, I know what phenomenal results can be gained by modelling success and failure and I believe that by interviewing successful millionaire entrepreneurs it will enable people to model their successful mindset.

Here are some links to a couple I have interviewed:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BngnchIr6w

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHA9vXAJD6I

Thanks everyone, would love you advice and feedback!

Alex

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I'm most interested in how they managed their mental state when things were going bad. The dark stuff that every entrepreneur deals with but never talks about:
  • Have you ever been depressed?
  • Did you ever consider suicide?
  • Were there times when you wanted to give up?
  • What was your biggest failure?
  • How did you keep going after that failure?
  • How long did it take you before you were confident that what you were doing was going to work out?
  • Did family and friends ever knock you down? How did you deal with that?
  • Etc.
I'm convinced that success is highly correlated to high self-esteem and a strong mental state. A lot of these questions are never talked about, yet I believe should be.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I'd recommend listening to EOFire and Soloprenuer Hour, they're great at interviews.

The one JLD asks every time is "tell me about your worst entrepreneurial moment" and "what was one Ah-ha moment?"

A good question is about what makes them different. "If I were to ask another entrepreneur that knows you personally or professionally what sets you apart from other business owners, what would they say?"

Alexander Seery

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
May 7, 2016
England, UK.
I'm most interested in how they managed their mental state when things were going bad. The dark stuff that every entrepreneur deals with but never talks about:
  • Have you ever been depressed?
  • Did you ever consider suicide?
  • Were there times when you wanted to give up?
  • What was your biggest failure?
  • How did you keep going after that failure?
  • How long did it take you before you were confident that what you were doing was going to work out?
  • Did family and friends ever knock you down? How did you deal with that?
  • Etc.
I'm convinced that success is highly correlated to high self-esteem and a strong mental state. A lot of these questions are never talked about, yet I believe should be.

Ah Thanks a lot! Didn't really think of asking them these types, but I will be incorporating them into my next interview for sure! Really appreciate it!

Alexander Seery

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
May 7, 2016
England, UK.
I'd recommend listening to EOFire and Soloprenuer Hour, they're great at interviews.

The one JLD asks every time is "tell me about your worst entrepreneurial moment" and "what was one Ah-ha moment?"

A good question is about what makes them different. "If I were to ask another entrepreneur that knows you personally or professionally what sets you apart from other business owners, what would they say?"

Hey! Thank you for the reference to Solopreneur Hour! I will check them out! Brilliant questions also thank you! Really appreciate it!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
What are your favorite podcasts that do the same thing? There are dozens of successful similar ones out there. What do you see are the strengths and weaknesses of your competition in that space? I can name three similar podcasts and I don't listen to podcasts.

Have you read the millionaire fast lane?

You've been here for a year. In the time you have been here, there have been hundreds of questions and answers posted to "millionaires" here at the forum. What have you learned?

You are using a registered trademark symbol. Is the trademark registered?

AdamMaxum

a worthy successor indeed
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 30, 2011
NY
My comment as a viewer would be that the bio/intro where you talk about their life history is a bit too long. Instead of using a large block of time upfront talking about the persons life I would try to either keep it more concise or spread out questions throughout the interview referencing their past/accomplishments and asking them questions related to those times in their life.

Alexander Seery

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
May 7, 2016
England, UK.
What are your favorite podcasts that do the same thing? There are dozens of successful similar ones out there. What do you see are the strengths and weaknesses of your competition in that space? I can name three similar podcasts and I don't listen to podcasts.

Have you read the millionaire fast lane?

You've been here for a year. In the time you have been here, there have been hundreds of questions and answers posted to "millionaires" here at the forum. What have you learned?

You are using a registered trademark symbol. Is the trademark registered?

I don't really listen to podcasts. With mine, I do include the HD video too. Yeah for sure, I am not trying to earn a profit from these video's, however it is helping with credibility in the market. Becoming a key person of influence so to speak and helping me build an audience. I find successful people fascinating. I am still brainstorming for a way to help people in the entrepreneur space and build a business around that...However with that being said I am already in the fast lane from my current company. Ultra is something that Ive always wanted to do, and I couldn't care less if its been done 1000 before, because Its what I want to do. Yes it is registered and I am from the UK.

Yes I have read the millionaire fast lane.

I have been on this forum for a year yes, but havent used it as much as I would like due to scaling my company and systemising it, giving me time.

All advice is welcome... Please do not think I am new to business.

Alexander Seery

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
May 7, 2016
England, UK.
This has been done 10000 times over again.

Yep, your point being? I am not trying to build a profitable business around Ultra. It is something I want to do as I find successful people fascinating and I believe people could learn from it too. With that being said, if its been done 1000 times before, there are billions of people on this planet for potential listeners.

I believe the interviews will help me gain more credibility and help build an audience, which in fact is working. Which is my intention. I am still brain storming ways to build a business around entrepreneurship and helping entrepreneurs.

Please do not think I am new to business, I am already in the fast lane through my current company.

Any advice is welcome...

Alexander Seery

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
May 7, 2016
England, UK.
My comment as a viewer would be that the bio/intro where you talk about their life history is a bit too long. Instead of using a large block of time upfront talking about the persons life I would try to either keep it more concise or spread out questions throughout the interview referencing their past/accomplishments and asking them questions related to those times in their life.

Hey! Thank you for your advice.... I 100% agree with you... the interviews above are my 1st and 2nd, I am now about to do my 5th. I am slowly getting there ha! Good spot though bud, thank you.

azntitan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 17, 2017
NYC
I think every entrepreneur has this idea from time to time.
Hell I have it sometimes too.
After all, it fits in naturally with something we already are passionate about and have researched already.
When we were thinking of ideas to start our businesses, we had to learn from the top entrepreneurs. So naturally we have some insight already, enough that we can at least do a podcast or blog, and we also have the passion to learn more from top entrepreneurs, so why not build a business with it?

The crucial thing to consider is whether you are in this to just make money or if you really have a passion for interviewing entrepreneurs and getting their story out.

It probably takes anywhere from 100-200 interviews for you to build a solid audience that is profitable, so you need discipline and commitment to keep this up.

The second thing you need is an actual interest and enthusiasm in the entrepreneurs you are interviewing. This can't be faked, IMO. If i heard an interviewer have guests on and the interviewer didn't have a genuine interest in getting that entrepreneur's story out, or just wasn't passionate about the job in general, I'd tune out pretty fast.

Just some thoughts. If you feel this really is for you I wish you the best success.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.