The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Plant-Based Opportunities / Vegan Business Opportunities

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Imagine being one of the first people to build a following on Instagram or Snapchat before it became popular and saturated. While everyone else is trying to fight their way to the top, you area already have tens of millions of loyal followers who are more than willing to buy your products.

Wouldn't that be nice?

This is one of those opportunities...

The Opportunity

For the past 10 months, I've been immersing myself in a new market - and I've noticed a massive amount of opportunities for entrepreneurs who are looking to enter a market with a potential to be very successful ...

I originally got involved with them while doing research for a book I'm writing, and I'm starting to learn about the opportunities that are on the table to start a business in this market.

Investment group looking to invest $1.25 Trillion:
http://www.onegreenplanet.org/news/...ies-to-ditch-meat-and-focus-on-plant-protein/

One of the largest meat producing companies begins investing in a plant-based protein company:
http://vegnews.com/articles/page.do?pageId=8489&catId=1

Why is this a great market to be in?

The passion.

For many of you, you may have the image of vegans being "angry". After taking the time to get to know things from their point of view, I started to understand where they came from, and there is a lot of energy behind what they do.

Most people view veganism as about health - The most common replies I get when I talk about it is comparing it to the Paleo Diet.

But when you get to know the market, they do this to save the lives of animals.

Imagine for a moment that your loved ones: Your family, your kids, your closest friends, your lover - is packed up in a cage, sent to a warehouse, and murdered - and then packaged for food.

I'll keep it PG here - but there is a documentary called Earthlings that goes into detail about why they feel so passionately about their cause.

What extent would you go to in order to save your loved ones from murder?

That's the same energy that all of your customers would have to help grow your brand.

If you support this movement, they will support your company at all costs. I've seen over 100 vegans go into a supermarket with fliers petitioning the place to cary a type of vegan cheese....and then that company got instant retail distribution.

I'm sitting here in Geneva, Switzerland with my friend and she is vegan. She says that when a new vegan product comes out - everyone in her community buys it.

AKA - Free advertising

What happens when 16 Million people are so passionate about growing a moment that will grow your business?

Screen Shot 2016-11-03 at 10.17.54 PM.png

This is more than just a trend.

They are comparing this any social justice movement (such as civl rights)- where once the change is made, it's here to stay.

It's not like Pokemon Go

So in the past, when you might have viewed animal rights activists as "angry vegans", now you can understand that the energy behind all their actions is based on passion - and your very customers will be the ones who will do anything to grow your company...because you support something many of them would do anything for.

So yeah - I'm niching down my business to work in this market in my own unique way.
  • Vegetarians - don't eat meat, but they DO eat dairy (cheese/milk,etc.).
  • Vegans - don't eat meat, don't eat any products that come from animals (dairy), and don't use any animal products such as leather.

Opportunities off the top of my head:
  1. Cosmetic products - A lot of these products are tested on animals (which is a big no-no in the vegan communities). By solving this, there is a lot of room to grow here.
  2. Food products
  3. ...more to come.
I'm personal working in this market and reaping the benefits from it; and made this post so some of you can do the same.

Ride the wave while it's getting started, or one day you may look back and realize it's already too late...

Screen Shot 2016-11-03 at 11.35.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-03 at 11.36.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-03 at 11.02.48 PM.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

B V Marlon

Connecting Dots
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
Oct 29, 2016
UK
Thank you for posting this information and highlighting the trend. I can see the potential for sure - in fact I was watching something on TV just the other week about some researchers in the Netherlands who were working on a process for turning vegetable protein into a meat substitute with a meaty texture. They were using contra-rotating drums combined with heat and pressure - it was fascinating. Anyone who cracks this could make a fortune, particularly the taste element.

Part of me wonders if a lot of the problems could be solved by convincing people that they don't have to eat meat every day. A nice vegetarian dish consisting of vegetables, without any meat substitutes like Quorn, can be incredibly tasty and satisfying. It would take a lot of convincing though - there are a lot of people that don't consider a meal to be a proper meal without meat.

I don't know if I could get involved in the Vegan space though - I'd fail the authenticity test for sure. I love a nice juicy steak and would seriously miss proper butter on my toast :)

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
I don't know if I could get involved in the Vegan space though - I'd fail the authenticity test for sure. I love a nice juicy steak and would seriously miss proper butter on my toast :)

Ha, this is exactly what I was thinking when I read his post. When I was doing my natural cosmetics a few years back, I had a vegan friend who wanted to partner with me, but we were going to have to stop using almost all of the ingredients that I was using and switch. And she gets ANGRY about using even things like beeswax! It was too much for me personally, but I definitely get the argument about passion.

I, too, would fail the sniff test, since I probably have a nice delicious filet Mignon once a week. Don't plan on giving that up unless I have to :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@AndrewNC -- I edited the title of this thread as it looks like it belongs in the Health forum as a discussion on Veganism when in fact, it's touching on the opportunities provided by the philosophy.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL

I agree with most of your points, but the reason companies are investing in plant based "meats" is not because of veganism. They're investing because of the scarcity or agriculture, land, livestock, etc. The global population is getting to a point where traditional food production is not sufficient.

With that said - I agree 100% that veganism is a huge opportunity. That coupled with the change in environmental factors should lead to more demand.

Another huge emerging opportunity: foods for the ketogenic diet. It seems like that's the new "paleo".

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
They're investing because of the scarcity or agriculture, land, livestock, etc.
Interesting.

I remember reading about one company that is using stem cells from cows to create meat that is made in a lab. Where one "sample" of cells will be duplicated to be able to create real meat forever...there are definitely opportunities all over the place when it comes to the future of food.

Here's a link that came to mind while reading your post: https://www.ycombinator.com/rfs/

CycleGuy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jan 16, 2015
Midwest
The opportunity is great. It's not personally for me but if a fastlaner's ideologies aligned with veganism then they can make something of real value. Apps, e-cookbooks, vegan fitness, etc.

Pescetarianism(Fish eating vegetarians) is another diet type that is picking up steam in fitness communities.

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015
The marketability for these products is insane. They are an incredibly passionate bunch.

... but that also means you need to pay attention to product quality. All your suppliers and manufacturers have to be cruelty-free. The only problem with marketing to vegans is that they don't care if we're product "agnostic" or not.

They want the founder to be a vegan themselves. A vegan business owner and his wife that own the largest chain of vegan restaurants in California were caught eating meat and had a pig pen. There was major uproar, people were calling them "flesh eaters" lol.

I'm not sure if this only applies for entrepreneurs in the vegan food business. I'm in a different vegan market. I'm not sure if "not being vegan" will cause problems for me down the road or not. I'm also not sure if it's ethical... but if you're providing a GREAT product, then should it matter if you're vegan? I don't think so.

This is a question I've been asking myself.

millymay

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Nov 5, 2016
UK (Scotland)
This is very true!

Check out the "Gary" situation over vegan cheese at the link below, which happened here in the UK. They cannot keep up with the demand of this vegan cheese at the moment.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/29/vegans-have-renamed-all-of-their-cheese-gary-6160907/

I'm vegan and have been considering options in this market for a while, it certainly helps to be a vegan with a vegan business! You don't have to love the market to be successful (as we know), but when you are already part of the market and create a business related to veganism, it's a mighty bonus - for you and the market!

Last edited:

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
it certainly helps to be a vegan with a vegan business

Especially since most Vegans tend to be very passionate about their views being in line with the products they purchase and consume.

I think if it came out that a vegan company was run by medium-rare loving steak eaters it would come off as disingenuous unless the messaging was extremely well done and transparent about why that's the case. For example, I know it's a big hit right now bringing vegan and vegetarian meals into a normal omnivore's weekly meal cycle. There are even quite a few books like "Meatless Mondays" or whatnot that attempt to show how awesome the food can be without asking anyone to change their whole lifestyle.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
One thing I learned since joining this movement is the concept of community.

The other day, I was sitting at an Moroccan tea shop in Malaga, Spain and I sit near a girl who I start talking to - naturally I talk about my business because it's my passion, and she asked if I ever read "The Millionaire Fastlane ".

From that moment, two strangers just having small talk opened up to each other and we made great friends...because of this common community.

I noticed this form of community is even stronger in the vegan community.

Here, my friend posts on Facebook - instructing everyone she knows to request vegan items to get distribution in supermarkets.

Veganism and Fastlane community aside...How have you started incorporating the concept of forming a community in your niche?

Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 9.40.55 AM.png

Ray Paradise

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Nov 30, 2015
San Jose, CA
Imagine being one of the first people to build a following on Instagram or Snapchat before it became popular and saturated. While everyone else is trying to fight their way to the top, you area already have tens of millions of loyal followers who are more than willing to buy your products.

Wouldn't that be nice?

This is one of those opportunities...

The Opportunity

For the past 10 months, I've been immersing myself in a new market - and I've noticed a massive amount of opportunities for entrepreneurs who are looking to enter a market with a potential to be very successful ...

I originally got involved with them while doing research for a book I'm writing, and I'm starting to learn about the opportunities that are on the table to start a business in this market.

Investment group looking to invest $1.25 Trillion:
http://www.onegreenplanet.org/news/...ies-to-ditch-meat-and-focus-on-plant-protein/

One of the largest meat producing companies begins investing in a plant-based protein company:
http://vegnews.com/articles/page.do?pageId=8489&catId=1

Why is this a great market to be in?

The passion.

For many of you, you may have the image of vegans being "angry". After taking the time to get to know things from their point of view, I started to understand where they came from, and there is a lot of energy behind what they do.

Most people view veganism as about health - The most common replies I get when I talk about it is comparing it to the Paleo Diet.

But when you get to know the market, they do this to save the lives of animals.

Imagine for a moment that your loved ones: Your family, your kids, your closest friends, your lover - is packed up in a cage, sent to a warehouse, and murdered - and then packaged for food.

I'll keep it PG here - but there is a documentary called Earthlings that goes into detail about why they feel so passionately about their cause.

What extent would you go to in order to save your loved ones from murder?

That's the same energy that all of your customers would have to help grow your brand.

If you support this movement, they will support your company at all costs. I've seen over 100 vegans go into a supermarket with fliers petitioning the place to cary a type of vegan cheese....and then that company got instant retail distribution.

I'm sitting here in Geneva, Switzerland with my friend and she is vegan. She says that when a new vegan product comes out - everyone in her community buys it.

AKA - Free advertising

What happens when 16 Million people are so passionate about growing a moment that will grow your business?

View attachment 13470

This is more than just a trend.

They are comparing this any social justice movement (such as civl rights)- where once the change is made, it's here to stay.

It's not like Pokemon Go

So in the past, when you might have viewed animal rights activists as "angry vegans", now you can understand that the energy behind all their actions is based on passion - and your very customers will be the ones who will do anything to grow your company...because you support something many of them would do anything for.

So yeah - I'm niching down my business to work in this market in my own unique way.
  • Vegetarians - don't eat meat, but they DO eat dairy (cheese/milk,etc.).
  • Vegans - don't eat meat, don't eat any products that come from animals (dairy), and don't use any animal products such as leather.

Opportunities off the top of my head:
  1. Cosmetic products - A lot of these products are tested on animals (which is a big no-no in the vegan communities). By solving this, there is a lot of room to grow here.
  2. Food products
  3. ...more to come.
I'm personal working in this market and reaping the benefits from it; and made this post so some of you can do the same.

Ride the wave while it's getting started, or one day you may look back and realize it's already too late...

View attachment 13472

View attachment 13473
View attachment 13471

Thank you very much for this post (especially the articles - the first one is mind blowing)!

I just turned 50 and have been a vegan for about 8-9 years...grew up with the typical American/Western diet of lots of chicken, fish, steak and dairy...made the change for health reasons after doing a lot of research on heart disease after my brother had a heart attack at age 38. The books "The China Study" and anything by Dr. John McDougall (this is a great one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0452266394/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20) and "Diet for a New America" are highly recommended for anyone interested. I feel better than I ever have and am stronger than ever. I have a 34 year old girlfriend who can barely keep up with me in the bedroom or otherwise.

Over time, I have come to see, as you mention, the ethical aspects of veganism: the documentary "Cowspiracy" on Netflix cogently describes the impact of industrial animal agriculture on the planetary land, water and air supply and the documentary you mention, "Earthlings" is intensely stunning in terms of one's connection and interdependency to/with other sentient life forms/species on this planet. There are many others..."Food Inc." is good one.

At any rate, I think you are spot on in terms of your analysis of the market in terms of passion, loyalty, motivation and commitment as consumers. I would love to hear more of what you are working on as I am also working on how to create additional vegans and serve existing ones. Let me know if I can help you in some way. Presently I am a professional project manager and consultant in Silicon Valley and skilled at bringing very challenging endeavors to fruition.

Ray

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
Veganism is huge. Friend of a friend (sorry, never caught the name of the company) started selling vegan milkshakes out of her kitchen. 12 months later she has turned over £1.2m ... in a year ... hello fastlane.

Utopia

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 7, 2016
Traveling
Thank you very much for this post (especially the articles - the first one is mind blowing)!

I just turned 50 and have been a vegan for about 8-9 years...grew up with the typical American/Western diet of lots of chicken, fish, steak and dairy...made the change for health reasons after doing a lot of research on heart disease after my brother had a heart attack at age 38. The books "The China Study" and anything by Dr. John McDougall (this is a great one: https://www.amazon.com/McDougall-Pr...=1481395187&sr=8-1&keywords=mcdougall program) and "Diet for a New America" are highly recommended for anyone interested. I feel better than I ever have and am stronger than ever. I have a 34 year old girlfriend who can barely keep up with me in the bedroom or otherwise.

Over time, I have come to see, as you mention, the ethical aspects of veganism: the documentary "Cowspiracy" on Netflix cogently describes the impact of industrial animal agriculture on the planetary land, water and air supply and the documentary you mention, "Earthlings" is intensely stunning in terms of one's connection and interdependency to/with other sentient life forms/species on this planet. There are many others..."Food Inc." is good one.

At any rate, I think you are spot on in terms of your analysis of the market in terms of passion, loyalty, motivation and commitment as consumers. I would love to hear more of what you are working on as I am also working on how to create additional vegans and serve existing ones. Let me know if I can help you in some way. Presently I am a professional project manager and consultant in Silicon Valley and skilled at bringing very challenging endeavors to fruition.

Ray
It's great to hear your transformation and passion for the subject, but the point is to see the market for potential opportunities. You mention a book and a few movies, but is there really a point in your veganism where you wanted to reach out for help? Like there was something that you really needed that no one else had and then you had to pay for it? The documentaries are largely free and non-profit productions. I'm still skeptical if there is a market in veganism because as you say you have been doing it 8-9 years and while it is growing, I have only experienced some grocery stores and natural farmers to be the ones capitalizing on this "opportunity". To my knowledge "smart" business men aren't going here.

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015

Utopia

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 7, 2016
Traveling
Here's some inspiration...
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...de-shoe-boot-for-men-and-women?ref=nav_search

The vegan apparel market is under-served. These boots look like every single other leather boot out there, but since they're vegan they have more selling power.
Sounds very interesting that it could be a business idea potentially making you plenty of money just because the boots "are vegan".

This however that you provided is no proof of anything. I see 128 people who believe (strongly believe worth $28k) that there should be a vegan shoe company. What other proof you have of a vegan shoe market being necessary? This means, "I am a person and I have a need for a vegan shoe."

Last edited:

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
Did you really just ask why vegan shoes (and therefore a market) are necessary?

Vegans exist in their millions, and while they are not yet considered mainstream, last I looked they were still wearing shoes.

Last edited:

Utopia

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 7, 2016
Traveling

Vegans exist in their millions, and while they are not yet considered mainstream, last I looked they were still wearing shoes.
This is a moronic post. I asked if there was proof of a market for vegan shoes being underserved. The question is not whether vegans need shoes, but rather if they need more people selling them shoes, or different shoes in this case. What was provided was no proof of that and your observation is even less reliable.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014

veganism especially in extreme forms has been absolutely discredited by science & nutrition on multiple fronts, Yeah its something businesspeople can market too, but you are also hurting people in the long term

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015
I'm not a vegan myself, but what I've learned is that before you believe a nutrition study, you should follow the money. Who's paying for that study? In most cases it's meat industry lobbyists. Most scientific studies are just one group lobbying against another. I'm sure there are vegan lobbyists that manipulate data as well. It's in human nature to want to be right.

That aside, let's not turn this into a landfill discussion.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
I was vegetarian for 26 of my current 35 years on earth.

Sister is vegan. Sister in law and her kid are vegan.

I'll keep my ears out for needs, and try to think of needs I had when I was a veggie.

I CAN tell you though, vegan shoes are a HUGE need for them. Along with cosmetics that are the same quality and price of the name brand war paints.

Something bringing buyers and sellers together would be great too. And not just products, but sites dealing with recipes, the community, and ethical concerns.

I'll think of more, and pick some brains for needs. Not a business I have interest in, so happy to share needs here if I see them.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
One of the newsletters I read had an interesting segment on the meat industry, and how it's scared of "social media" ruining its business. In other words, there's a growing trend away from meat for health reasons.

Here's the segment:

Mean tweets about meat
At the 2016 World Meat Congress last week, speakers named social media one of thelargest threats to the meat industry.

Wait, a World Meat Congress exists? Why weren't we invited? Not cool.

Anyway, according to Global Meat News (again, this exists), social media is doing what it does best -- spreading negative news faster than PR teams can cover it up.

What’s the beef?
Public concern over the threat that meat poses to the environment, animal welfare, food safety, and overall human health are all popular topics on social that have a negative impact.

The numerous viral scandals involving horse meat burgers, mysterious “pink slime,” and a counterfeit meat market haven't helped, either.

End result: Consumers don’t trust the industry.

And did we mention there's a new burger on the block?
Lab-grown, “cultured” meats from companies like Mosa Meat and Impossible Foods promise burger alternatives that are free of animal cruelty, harmful bacteria, antibiotics, and saturated fat.

Most importantly, they claim to taste pretty darn close to the original, red juice and all. Sure, it’s not really meat. But, to quote the crowning artistic achievement, Westworld, “If you can’t tell, does it really matter?”

Bottom line, if these new guys can deliver on even half of their promises, the traditional meat industry’s in far more trouble than they are today.

And a decade from now, at the 2026 World Meat Congress, they’ll all be reminiscing about “the good old days when our biggest worry was those damn millennials on theTwitter.”​

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
One of the newsletters I read had an interesting segment on the meat industry, and how it's scared of "social media" ruining its business. In other words, there's a growing trend away from meat for health reasons.

Here's the segment:

Mean tweets about meat
At the 2016 World Meat Congress last week, speakers named social media one of thelargest threats to the meat industry.

Wait, a World Meat Congress exists? Why weren't we invited? Not cool.

Anyway, according to Global Meat News (again, this exists), social media is doing what it does best -- spreading negative news faster than PR teams can cover it up.

What’s the beef?
Public concern over the threat that meat poses to the environment, animal welfare, food safety, and overall human health are all popular topics on social that have a negative impact.

The numerous viral scandals involving horse meat burgers, mysterious “pink slime,” and a counterfeit meat market haven't helped, either.

End result: Consumers don’t trust the industry.

And did we mention there's a new burger on the block?
Lab-grown, “cultured” meats from companies like Mosa Meat and Impossible Foods promise burger alternatives that are free of animal cruelty, harmful bacteria, antibiotics, and saturated fat.

Most importantly, they claim to taste pretty darn close to the original, red juice and all. Sure, it’s not really meat. But, to quote the crowning artistic achievement, Westworld, “If you can’t tell, does it really matter?”

Bottom line, if these new guys can deliver on even half of their promises, the traditional meat industry’s in far more trouble than they are today.

And a decade from now, at the 2026 World Meat Congress, they’ll all be reminiscing about “the good old days when our biggest worry was those damn millennials on theTwitter.”​

There's a couple of huge problems with these new meat alternatives and the vegan community though.

One is that most don't want a meat alternative. They don't feel it's something that they are "missing"

Two is that lots of vegans are also "anti establishment" which would include meat "grown in a lab"

Ray Paradise

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Nov 30, 2015
San Jose, CA
Veganism is huge. Friend of a friend (sorry, never caught the name of the company) started selling vegan milkshakes out of her kitchen. 12 months later she has turned over £1.2m ... in a year ... hello fastlane.

That sounds delicious...

Departed

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Jul 15, 2017
Europe
I was vegetarian for 26 of my current 35 years on earth.

Sister is vegan. Sister in law and her kid are vegan.

I'll keep my ears out for needs, and try to think of needs I had when I was a veggie.

I CAN tell you though, vegan shoes are a HUGE need for them. Along with cosmetics that are the same quality and price of the name brand war paints.

Something bringing buyers and sellers together would be great too. And not just products, but sites dealing with recipes, the community, and ethical concerns.

I'll think of more, and pick some brains for needs. Not a business I have interest in, so happy to share needs here if I see them.

Sorry for digging out this old thread but I was doing some research on this field and I feel this is really a growing market. However, as already mentioned by @Utopia I have the feeling veganism is rather about consuming "less" and not more. I would also say the typical vegan is a very conscious buyer who is rather skeptical and does not buy into the newest hype. I have been eating vegan now for the last 3-4 months and to be honest all I need is an easy way to get fresh, organic fruits and vegetables. But I am not a hardcore veganist, I only focus on my nutrition and not on other stuff (e.g. shoes, belts, etc.). But I think this where the trend is going to be (focusing on healthy nutrition).

My question would be, which trends do you guys see in this area? Which business opportunities exist? What I have found so far:

- Vegan cosmetics
- Vegan subscription boxes
- Vegan fast food (e.g. ice cream, chocolate etc. is generally huge)
- Vegan supplements (hemp protein etc.)
- Vegan clothes

But when researching for needs and pains in this area I rarely find complaints from vegans. What is your view on that?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My question would be, which trends do you guys see in this area? Which business opportunities exist? What I have found so far:

- Vegan cosmetics
- Vegan clothes

All the above.

I think more and more people are becoming aware of factory farming practices like the post @AgainstAllOdds posted above. Social media and awareness is having an impact. So much so, that I stopped eating meat at the end of the summer. (That's a pretty big change for me.)

While the health impacts are debatable, what's going on behind closed doors is not.

Sorry for digging out this old thread

No worries, glad you did.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
One of the AR groups I've been spending time with in CO keeps bringing up an Animal Liberation Conference in Berkeley, CA next May. I registered to go.

Vegan Conference | DxE Forum 2018

I'm noticing different sub-sections of the vegan market:
  1. The passionate animal rights activists.
  2. The healthy eating (gluten-free, soy-free, fruititarian, etc.) vegans.
  3. The ones who do it for the environment and sustainability.
  4. The junk food vegans.
Group #1 is the most vocal and most passionate about making a change.

justonemore

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Dec 19, 2017
NewYork

- Vegan cosmetics
- Vegan clothes

I think there's a lot of growth here.
Heart disease is the #1 killer, in the USA anyway.
A lot of people go Vegan to drastically cut their risk of dying young from that.

I would add:
# Books
+ How to go Vegan in 30 days
+ Vegan recipes with pictures
+ Bodybuilding Vegan
+ Vegan for Heart Health
# Documentaries
# Magazines
# iPhone/Android apps

DavidK

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
May 23, 2017
Hurricane, UT
Imagine the passion potential if someone invented a vegan crypto currency... Just kidding of course but I do see similarities in how the philosophy behind each creates loyal disciples.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.