The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Of these two options, which one would you choose?

Soder

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
511%
Jan 3, 2019
Of these two options, which one would you choose?

Project that you like and pays you just enough to eat and pay the rent and needs almost all your time in an office for the next 3-4 years, where you can have a "normal" life and wait another 2-3 years to have a "better" life.

2. Corporate employment that you like less but where you immediately earn 2-2.5x more than in option 1 and you can grow, save and invest in several options you have, some of real state, while you can start another side project.

Detail:

To create a successful business you need an idea and a lot of effort, as it is perfectly detailed in TFLM.

But sometimes we are in a dead end.

Seth Godin has talked about this in his book The Dip:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySQFbVr1whg

In this regard I would like to tell my situation to ask for advice.

Although each person is different, the people in this chat have the right mindset and it would help me to listen your to thoughts.

I have been 100% in a project that I love for 2 years but it hardly gives me money to live and requires almost all the time of the day. My estimates are that in 3-4 years I can have earnings that allow me a "normal" life and in the next 3-4 years a comfortable life.

It is a long time and because there is no option to make it compatible with another project or employment (neither for time nor because I have 2 other partners who would not accept) I have begun to consider the idea of abandoning it, looking for a job where I would immediately earn 2 times more money (I have some offers) and to be able to dedicate the new money to some opportunity that I have in investment and in real state, in addition to starting another project that I have in mind making it compatible with the employment.

The lesson is that I quit my previous job without this project being large enough, I trusted my partner and it was a mistake. Lesson learned, where I lost confidence in one of my partners

But the doubt arises of abandoning a project that I love and that can give me wealth and freedom in a few years in exchange for returning to the corporate world, schedules, bosses, etc.

I think that although I would love to be able to continue on the project, I have no choice but to abandon it. In fact I made the Weighted Average Decision matrix and the decision that wins is to look for a job. Especially because I valued the money I would earn in the coming years, which I could invest.

Surely all successful people have gone through hard times and therefore I have endured, but I do not know if it is the best here, being 38 years old, to dedicate 8 more years of my life to a project that gives me money to barely survive while I close any other opportunity.

I would appreciate any insight.

Thanks and best regards.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Never give up but be willing to pivot into areas previously unknown as you continue to learn.

Here is the deal I like to tell people. Doing the entrepreneur thing, and doing it well, should be building your competence irrespective of any monetary progress.

I have been offered jobs that were pretty unheard of for my age at the time. Why? Because I built CEO level competence. Maybe not fully developed, but definitely better than what you would get licking the boss's boots (or oxfords) every day.

You aren't missing anything and you are still alive. You can get a job any time. My advice is hang in there and work harder.

Soder

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
511%
Jan 3, 2019
Thank you very much @Kak.

Another option that I have been doing is to start another online project in the time left by the main project.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Thank you very much @Kak.

Another option that I have been doing is to start another online project in the time left by the main project.

I support that. I like multiple streams of income.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Don't give up - postpone.

If it doesn't work now, postpone it, do something that you need to do now but keep your project.

Its not either/or situation

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.