The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Intro

Aspire4More

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
May 24, 2011
Hi guys!

I finally registered for the forums the other day. I got the book the week after it came out and read through it faster than any other book I've read.

I first "knew" MJ from Lambo Power where I have been a member for as long as I can remember. I don't post a whole lot but I do enjoy the OT forum and business forum where I think I read most of MJ's posts. Getting to know some of the owners and folks who post there has been awesome and of course the majority of them are enterpenuers. Overtime this really got me thinking and of course the book helped, but I realized that I always had that desire in me, to own some type of business. I started a Lawn care service when I was like 13 by making flyers and handing them out all over the neighborhood to save for a car. I came from a very poor family, and always haad to work for anything I got, which now I am grateful for. I tried a few other thing when I was younger but eventually settled into a stable job like "everyone else". Basically, this allowed me to buy a house and a decently "nice" car etc. Just a normal persons earnings at the time, but coming from my background I felt rich. This quelled the "hunger" for awhile.

A little about me, I am 30, married to a great wife and have 2 awesome kids, a 4yr old and almost 1 yr old. This is where I am probably most different from the other posters here. Most are probably in their 20's with no obligations, which is awsome. The earlier start you get the better. Now here's the strange thing about me, I have a good job, we are financially stable, I have been able to save up a nice amount of retirement money already and have paid for my oldest Pre-paid College fund free and clear. I am in a position that the VP's of my company held at one time and there is no reason why I can't someday have their jobs, so it's not that I'm in a typical "slow-lane" dead end job. I think most people would just sit back and coast through life until they retire and not thnk twice. For some reason I have this nagging feeling that I need more. Not just more money , but just more. I want something that is mine! One of the founders of the company recently cashed in a $20 million check, as much as I like the company and how they have taken care of me fairly, there's something to be said for working to buy someone else's Lamborghini!

I have always had ideas pop into my head and have never pursued anything. Currently, I am doing a lot of reading in my downtime. I've owned a few good domains for awhile but never executed on any ideas on them. I am just trying to read and absorb little by little and start to formulate ideas and specifics. I have a few general ideas that I can't get out of my head, ranging from everything from a couple ecommerce opportunities that seem underserved, to a Toy "invention" that I came up with while watching my son play after googling and not seeing anything similar, and I have even had a monetization concept for an adult website that I don't believe exists anywhere, not that I would know...lol. Yes, I am kind of all over the map but I am going to explore one thing at a time, day by day and just see where things go. As one of my favorite quotes go.. " You will never change your life until you change something you do daily, the secret to your success in within your daily routine."

I have been reading a lot here and I am learning a lot from all of you. I hope to be able to add value to the forum as well.

Thanks for reading...
Aspire4More

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
Welcome to the fastlane!!

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
I am 30, married to a great wife and have 2 awesome kids, a 4yr old and almost 1 yr old. This is where I am probably most different from the other posters here. Most are probably in their 20's with no obligations, which is awsome.

You just entered the time warp. At 30, the years go faster, the metabolism gets slower, and people in their twenties just get a little weirder :)

Don't worry, there's a few of us "over the first hill". There's even some of us who have crossed entire ranges.

Welcome to the forum!

00N8

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
May 31, 2011
New Mexico
Welcome Aspire4More, I'm also in the "over the first hill" clan. Also with a great wife and a kid.

D

DeletedUser2

Great! Im 41, with a 3 yr old,
waited to have her, till almost 38

so, no. it not all young punks on here :)

Heck maybe you should put a over the hill group together :)

might be a need there.... possibly a business

in any case welcome, and looking forward to seeing how you get on the onramp

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
Great! Im 41, with a 3 yr old,
waited to have her, till almost 38

so, no. it not all young punks on here :)

Heck maybe you should put a over the hill group together :)

might be a need there.... possibly a business

in any case welcome, and looking forward to seeing how you get on the onramp

Does that mean you skip to "grandpa" status automatically? :) hehe

Inphinity

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 20, 2007
Auckland, NZ
A little about me, I am 30, married to a great wife and have 2 awesome kids, a 4yr old and almost 1 yr old. This is where I am probably most different from the other posters here. Most are probably in their 20's with no obligations, which is awsome.

Welcome to the forum! There's plenty of us here with families, kids, etc, so you're far from an odd one out :)

Aspire4More

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
May 24, 2011
LOL, thanks for the warm welcome into the old folks club! You guys are great.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You just entered the time warp. At 30, the years go faster, the metabolism gets slower, and people in their twenties just get a little weirder

OMG you aren't kidding. It seems like 4 years go by instantly. Not sure why time is moving at warp speed as you get older.

Awesome intro and great to have ya!

Anybid

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 13, 2009
Switzerland
Well I guess here we get to one of the points, that fascinate me about MJ's book: we all know, that we only have a limited amount of years to live, but we rarely act accordingly. Some times it seems to me like the perception of time is the main factor that keeps us from enjoying life to the fullest.

In any case, I hope that MJ will very soon come up with an other book that teaches us how to become a teenager again....;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...