The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Made Site: Now What?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Yanezez

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Dec 13, 2022
France & Chile
Hello all,

I am trying to help my dad in Chile (I am in France) with his painting business. I made a site (best of my abilities) which has generated some traffic. When someone googles in Spanish the equivalent of 'Painters (location)' we show first.

My question is now, how do i bring it to another level?
- For now when we google 'painters' and local town we show up. How can I make it so when someone puts 'Painters (other town)' we also show up?
- On Google Business, what metrics should I focus on? what are considered good metrics and at what threshold?

I feel like I need to get this down before investing in PPC and other forms of marketing.

The website is ChilePinta.com if anyone wants to give feedback. (sorry for wrong address before)

Thank you all in advance

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Mountaintea

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Oct 24, 2022
Hello all,

I am trying to help my dad in Chile (I am in France) with his painting business. I made a site (best of my abilities) which has generated some traffic. When someone googles in Spanish the equivalent of 'Painters (location)' we show first.

My question is now, how do i bring it to another level?
- For now when we google 'painters' and local town we show up. How can I make it so when someone puts 'Painters (other town)' we also show up?
- On Google Business, what metrics should I focus on? what are considered good metrics and at what threshold?

I feel like I need to get this down before investing in PPC and other forms of marketing.

The website is ChilePinta.cl if anyone wants to give feedback.

Thank you all in advance
Can't load the websiteScreenshot 2023-02-02 at 17.36.05.png

wanttogofaster

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Sep 2, 2019
Based on my experience a landing page using the keywords you would like to rank for, in this case the name of the other cities is the way to go. There are others, more experienced here on the forum who I'm sure can have other ideas.

As far as google my business, they have the option to select the "service area", this is assuming your dad doesn't have a physical location. Also, the "landing page", which should be part of the website, should help with this.

Edited to add that I could not load the website either.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Why?

Why not load up all "painters <location>" combinations into a paid search campaign and set low bids and budget? Find out if there's volume and take it from there?

Beware showing for "paintings <location>". Add appropriate negative keywords (maybe "paintings" and "painting").

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Looks like your correct URL is the following: Chile Pinta

Andy's tips above are definitely good to get started, just know that if you do PPC, you will have to have a budget set aside. Don't forget other traffic methods such as SEO and Word of Mouth. Word of Mouth or referrals is, if not, the best traffic method you could ever have.

You can always start an email newsletter as well. Their are other cold outbound methods you can try as well such as Cold Calling home owners or using good ole fashion snail mail to get people. (physical letters in this case).

1675358850741.png

Yanezez

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Dec 13, 2022
France & Chile
Why?

Why not load up all "painters <location>" combinations into a paid search campaign and set low bids and budget? Find out if there's volume and take it from there?

Beware showing for "paintings <location>". Add appropriate negative keywords (maybe "paintings" and "painting").
Thank you. That seems more advanced than what I have but maybe what I need.

Yanezez

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Dec 13, 2022
France & Chile
Looks like your correct URL is the following: Chile Pinta

Andy's tips above are definitely good to get started, just know that if you do PPC, you will have to have a budget set aside. Don't forget other traffic methods such as SEO and Word of Mouth. Word of Mouth or referrals is, if not, the best traffic method you could ever have.

You can always start an email newsletter as well. Their are other cold outbound methods you can try as well such as Cold Calling home owners or using good ole fashion snail mail to get people. (physical letters in this case).

View attachment 47000
Thank you , all of this helps. I have a lot of youtube tutorials to see.

Yanezez

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Dec 13, 2022
France & Chile
Based on my experience a landing page using the keywords you would like to rank for, in this case the name of the other cities is the way to go. There are others, more experienced here on the forum who I'm sure can have other ideas.

As far as google my business, they have the option to select the "service area", this is assuming your dad doesn't have a physical location. Also, the "landing page", which should be part of the website, should help with this.

Edited to add that I could not load the website either.
Thank you. For those keywords, you would put them in them in the Google Business Profile or in the site description?

wanttogofaster

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Sep 2, 2019
I'm not familiar with that one. But see if there is a way to add SEO to it.

Did you update the service area on Google Business? He could use Google ads or Facebook ads as someone else mentioned, he needs to start asking previous customers for referrals and reviews, and he also needs to put his company name and phone number on that van. I didn't see where he is located, but in South America, correct me if am wrong, apartment buildings usually have like a bulletin board in the lobby, he could print a few flyers and distribute them in a few buildings or gated communities if those exist in his service area.

Yanezez

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Dec 13, 2022
France & Chile
I'm not familiar with that one. But see if there is a way to add SEO to it.

Did you update the service area on Google Business? He could use Google ads or Facebook ads as someone else mentioned, he needs to start asking previous customers for referrals and reviews, and he also needs to put his company name and phone number on that van. I didn't see where he is located, but in South America, correct me if am wrong, apartment buildings usually have like a bulletin board in the lobby, he could print a few flyers and distribute them in a few buildings or gated communities if those exist in his service area.
Thank you. SEO is the way to go. I have Google analytics set up. Guess I need.to increase visits

maximusharrison

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 1, 2021
Just an idea, something I've read about and personally experienced that many forgot to do - optimize your website for all screens. Simply put - make sure it works as well on mobile phones mostly (as many websites don't and it can be annoying). No need to point out the obvious - how much time people spend on their phones, so perhaps some of these tips could be of help. One more option, you can use a QRCG and add a QR code to the website. On top of providing easy access to your potential customers, it also allows you to track user engagement activities, like how many people are scanning the QR code, their location, device type, time spent on the page... This can help you tailor marketing campaigns along the way. From what I've seen it's a common practice for both small and large businesses. The website you made looks good and I wish you lots of luck in getting clients for your dad!

Yanezez

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Dec 13, 2022
France & Chile
Just an idea, something I've read about and personally experienced that many forgot to do - optimize your website for all screens. Simply put - make sure it works as well on mobile phones mostly (as many websites don't and it can be annoying). No need to point out the obvious - how much time people spend on their phones, so perhaps some of these tips could be of help. One more option, you can use a QRCG and add a QR code to the website. On top of providing easy access to your potential customers, it also allows you to track user engagement activities, like how many people are scanning the QR code, their location, device type, time spent on the page... This can help you tailor marketing campaigns along the way. From what I've seen it's a common practice for both small and large businesses. The website you made looks good and I wish you lots of luck in getting clients for your dad!
Thank you. We also invested a tiny bit and got a credit card system to give the options to customers to pay in quotes.

The QR Code sounds interesting.

I look at the Google Business Stats and they seem low but do not know how to interpret them so learning that could be a first step.

Also thought about google ads but this will require another course which I am happy to do.

Cheers and thank you for taking the time to answer. Everything helps.

Astekki

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 12, 2021
First, you need to ensure your site is up and running. Because it is currently not available host-tracker.com/en/ic/check-http and the check shows that it is not a local problem. Choose stable hosting and review the code or template of the site itself for errors.

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
It seems the website is down at the moment? Happy to give you some tips.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.