The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just started my slowlane journey and feeling so low

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

Filam

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Apr 9, 2019
Hi guys,

I didn’t miss written my intro title, I just started a job as a consultant... Earning 2k per month, working 9 to 5.

4 month ago, I had to leave my startup because it was not possible anymore to work with my associate. This decision was so hard and the situation so painful, I first tried to make my associate to leave but he was not willing to hear anything so I left. 4 years after dropping out from college, I was the co-founder and CEO at age 26 of a startup that was generating 50k per month in sales (profit was more or less close to zero). I'll take time to share the story in another post for sure.

Today, I feel really lucky and grateful, I found a really nice consulting job, in an amazing company, only one month after leaving my startup but I also feel miserable. I'm only working for 3 months at this company and it doesn't look like it is for me even if the job is checking all the box. The startup journey was amazing, 4 years of learning, experimenting. 4 years of being so proud of the achievement. Owner of my company of 10 people (+ my associate and me). But this journey was also very hard. Waking up every day at 5:30 am to start working at 6:30 and to get back home at 7pm, add to that the very conflictual relationship with the association (I was victim of moral harassment from my associate, often wanted to vomit, scared about having to affront him).

Today, I'm trying my best to do good at the job but when the day is done, I don't do anything else except fking Netflix, smartphone scrolling, cooking then cleaning my kitchen mess. No goals, no dreams... It's been only a few months that I left the company (I'm not totally out, lawyer procedures in progress) so I want to but that on the back of 'those 4 years was hard, have a little bit of rest and enjoy having a normal life, get a good mental and physical health, recover and you'll see later. '
But the 'will see later' somehow bringing me here... Hope this post is a first step for me in a new journey outside of the actual new journey. I can start with a side hustle first and benefit from the comfortable situation that bring a salary.

Thanks for reading this post that I see as an introspection. Felling so bad on this Sunday night, Monday tomorrow... Yahouuu. Fking slowlane, after recovering I want to make it incredible! But feeling low now so, incredible later ... Ahhhhhh. The 4 years younger me would have shout at me to make me move haha,

See you soon,
Fil.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

initialjaws

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 31, 2020
Today, I feel really lucky and grateful, I found a really nice consulting job, in an amazing company, only one month after leaving my startup but I also feel miserable. I'm only working for 3 months at this company and it doesn't look like it is for me even if the job is checking all the box. The startup journey was amazing, 4 years of learning, experimenting. 4 years of being so proud of the achievement. Owner of my company of 10 people (+ my associate and me). But this journey was also very hard. Waking up every day at 5:30 am to start working at 6:30 and to get back home at 7pm, add to that the very conflictual relationship with the association (I was victim of moral harassment from my associate, often wanted to vomit, scared about having to affront him).

Today, I'm trying my best to do good at the job but when the day is done, I don't do anything else except fking Netflix, smartphone scrolling, cooking then cleaning my kitchen mess. No goals, no dreams... It's been only a few months that I left the company (I'm not totally out, lawyer procedures in progress) so I want to but that on the back of 'those 4 years was hard, have a little bit of rest and enjoy having a normal life, get a good mental and physical health, recover and you'll see later. '

Keep on doing your best in your current spot while looking for an out that let's you really reach your BEST if it really isn't where you see your life heading. Start working out if youre getting way too bored between days of 9 to 5 bro, there's a massive confidence boost you can get yourself in all aspects of life from being super fit. In the future you might come across more ridiculously fired up relationships and hopefully you wouldn't be as scared or anxious to approach them, and just generally work things out before they get to that stage. Nice to meet ya, I'm new too, sorry if the advice is fairly vague, but for real getting other things going on outside of work like hitting up the gym, going surfing, skiing and so on can make 9 to 5 more bearable until you find your way out. Good luck man!

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Do you need someone else to start again with anew startup?
You got your a$$ up once to build someting.
That do one out of 100!
Now as you know, that you CAN do it, you will do it again!

I am jealous to your experience

wish you success at your next jo!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted78083

I'm jealous tbh, you have 4 years of experience under your belt, "all" you need to do is repeat what you've done with another idea :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...