The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I have 6 months off my slowlane job getting 90% of my pay...where should I start?

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

Aalid

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 7, 2019
Checking in from Canada.

We are expecting our second child at the end of the month and since my wife did not return to work after the first I have the ability to take a significant amount of time off work and get paid almost all of my salary to do so. I am 27 years old.

I am currently in the slowlane trading my time for a salary and want to move into the Fastlane. Often, I feel like a Wantrepreneur because I have so many ideas but no execution. I know its important to simply start (especially if the idea satisfies the CENTS commandments). But I always mindtrick myself out of taking action. Paralysis of the analysis. I am convinced its an advanced form of procrastination.

Did anyone else have this problem? What helped you escape from the doubt and procrastination and where do you think I should start?

Thanks for your time.

Aalid

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bezrenki

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jul 23, 2019
Checking in from Canada.

We are expecting our second child at the end of the month and since my wife did not return to work after the first I have the ability to take a significant amount of time off work and get paid almost all of my salary to do so. I am 27 years old.

I am currently in the slowlane trading my time for a salary and want to move into the Fastlane. Often, I feel like a Wantrepreneur because I have so many ideas but no execution. I know its important to simply start (especially if the idea satisfies the CENTS commandments). But I always mindtrick myself out of taking action. Paralysis of the analysis. I am convinced its an advanced form of procrastination.

Did anyone else have this problem? What helped you escape from the doubt and procrastination and where do you think I should start?

Thanks for your time.

Aalid
Hi Aalid

I'm working on getting from slowlane too. What helped me to stop procrastinating and getting stuff done was a plan and small steps to complete.

I devided each part of a plan into milestones that don't take more than 3 months to complete. I treat them as separate projects that get me towards a goal.

But don't spend too much planning. If you have good fastlane idea that is low risk and you can test it easily go try to star with that.

Bezrenki

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jul 23, 2019
Hi Aalid

I'm working on getting from slowlane too. What helped me to stop procrastinating and getting stuff done was a plan and small steps to complete.

I devided each part of a plan into milestones that don't take more than 3 months to complete. I treat them as separate projects that get me towards a goal.

But don't spend too much planning. If you have good fastlane idea that is low risk and you can test it easily go try to star with that.
Overall after having general idea for a business I made my plan in one evening. I mad more detailed plans along the way.

Aix-Geneve

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Aug 4, 2017
France
Have a look at Gumroad for all sorts of digital products and some physical stuff too (dropship I think mostly). These ventures started I believe with small amounts of money, low risk, therefore asymetrical upside potential. Free or almost free to list and cross promote to places like Instagram. Worth a look for ideas.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...