The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just finished the book

ClaytonAlbright

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 25, 2015
Cumming, GA
Greetings everyone,

I've been in the IT industry for a long time (currently work on Cisco routers/switches) and have flirted with entrepreneurship in the past. I briefly owned a home computer repair business that didn't have a lot of success and after doing more research (when I already was in it) there doesn't seem to be a huge local market for it in my area so I went back into the job market. I've had an idea for almost a year now that's been bugging me and kept waffling back and forth between using my free time to advance my career or delve more into my business, which I still have the LLC formed for it and was going to do a DBA since it won't be for computer repair.

I've read another book previously about how the rich think and also follow a blog but my issue with them has been they got rich off the book and the blog, they never actually implemented the advice they were giving and that bothered me. So after some research I ran across MJ's book and decided to read it and found it interesting he mentions that very same thing. Also I found it funny how MJ talked about 'just going into what you know' instead of filling a need -- which is exactly what I did.

I just finished reading the book and wow, some of the information I already knew and some of it was new... but the way MJ put's it all together into easily coherent logical paragraphs crystallized what I already knew, along with some missing pieces into a realization that what I've been thinking of how people go from being broke to getting rich for so long isn't just fantasy and it really can and has worked. I've always felt there was more than 'this' going to work every day, even with a salary that's higher than the average American. This book has helped paint a clear picture of what I need to do to move forward, that is make the choice to keep plugging away at a job to retire with meager means or realize that my dreams can come true and take action toward that instead.

As much as we are conditioned to keep advancing careers, I've decide to dedicate my free time to begin the process of building up my business. I've heard a lot of people complain about 'not having time' but then they're watching TV or on the playstation. I cut out TV a long time ago and my gaming time has come to a grinding halt. This idea I've been mulling through my head, which actually came from my own desires and not finding it, then finding there are LOTS of others out there that want this to, could be a game changer not only in the IT world but many other markets. Frustrated with not being able to find this, I've decided to build it myself. I've thought about it long enough and it's worthless unless I implement it. Thankfully technology has matured enough now with additive manufacturing that the process is easily replicated, so what just years ago would have taken 400+ hours to create by someone will now only take around 2-3 hours of work by a person.

This book has certainly helped me decide what I already knew I really wanted to do and pushed me back in the right direction. I don't have many friends that are entrepreneurs and the one that was business folded and he's now going back to school and taking the slow lane, so hopefully I can meet some like minded individuals here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
478%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
478%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
It was, I sold it to make room for the new toy :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...