The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've got a great new job; help!!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 3, 2015
I've just landed a great new slowlane job and it is really worrying me and in truth I know that the answer is within me, but I felt I had to post here as some kind of catharsis and in the hope that some wise words can bring me back on the right mental track.

To give a brief history, last September I finally admitted that my video production business of 5 years, through no one else's fault but my own, was dead and that I had to get a job to support my family and start another business, with a better attitude.

I finally decided on the content for an affiliate site that I had been meaning to set up for a while, so I got a telephone sales job, implemented the Bold & Determined 30 Days Of Discipline programme and set about making my new life with a fervour and happy determination.

Fast forward circa 8 months and I have the site set up, I'm working another job and after a long list of business/motivational books, and then I finally read The Millionaire Fastlane ; BOOM!

I'm woken up and realise my affiliate site probably won't produce the riches I'm dreaming of, but still push on as I can see that it's still a good idea and it could still produce some good slowlane income for me. It makes me think how I can convert it into a fastlane business and realise that it will take an "oil change" as I will need to learn some coding. I also realise that I need to get hold of my finances so take an accounting course and start to put what I've learned into action.

In the meantime I'm earning less and less and I go for a job, a good job and I get it; SHIT.

I'm going to start this job on the 3rd of August and I can already feel the alluring pull of slowlane comfort, I'm trying to fight it and I'm trying to envisage keeping up my drive whilst still doing a highly technical, high pressure, fairly well paid job and it's scaring me.

Will I be able to do it? I honestly don't know; I will say yes of course; but it almost feels like I'm lying to myself; once those pay cheques start rolling in and my new found grip on my personal finances means that by December my debts will be cleared and we'll be in that dreaded state of slowlane comfort.

In itself having this job is not a bad thing, because in truth I'm on the sidewalk at the moment and it will help me get off the sidewalk and into the slowlane, but I don't want to stay there; but am I strong enough to resist its numbing effects?

Any help, advice, verbal slaps in the face you have, will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

James Thornton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Oct 31, 2014
"There is no work/life balance for entrepreneurs."
- Kevin O'Leary

If you want it bad enough, you'll work nights and weekends, and the job will just be a bridge. I have an interview next week. A job is part of my fastlane plan (blasphemy!) and it's going to work. Although, I'm shooting for part time.

I also have negotiations next week for the first money tree in my garden, so just do both if that's what you gotta do.

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
May 5, 2015
California
Will I be able to do it? I honestly don't know; I will say yes of course; but it almost feels like I'm lying to myself; once those pay cheques start rolling in and my new found grip on my personal finances means that by December my debts will be cleared and we'll be in that dreaded state of slowlane comfort.

In itself having this job is not a bad thing, because in truth I'm on the sidewalk at the moment and it will help me get off the sidewalk and into the slowlane, but I don't want to stay there; but am I strong enough to resist its numbing effects?

Any help, advice, verbal slaps in the face you have, will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
When in doubt, push forward. You won't truly know unless you try, but don't go into it with a pessimistic mindset, you're going to train your subconscious to doubt and it's going to be even harder.

Reading a lot of threads here will show you that anyone can do anything if they want it bad enough. I truly believe you can accomplish your goals if you stick to them and rid yourself of that doubt.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.