The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

In a really weird place.

Anything related to matters of the mind

ClaytonAlbright

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 25, 2015
Cumming, GA
Firstly, this post is more for me to clear my thoughts. For those that have read my previous posts you may already know a bit about my story.

The good news is, I have a prototype product finally and a good contractor who can produce the results I am looking for, which is a major hurdle I've finally overcome. However I haven't done much with it, it's collecting dust albight it's only been a few weeks.

So the issue is I'm still stuck in the slowlane mentality and this has always been somewhat of a side project. Over one year, I've increased my salary by 30k, and could easily progress if I continue this path to making well over 6 digits within a few years but I would have to focus on it. Most of my friends are in this mindset, and I've already decided to ditch a few of them because of all of the pressure they put on me to buy toys (boats). They literally stopped hanging out with me out on the lake because I didn't want to blow a bunch of money on a boat but they did, and I got confirmation from one of them that said "we have to motivate you to buy one somehow".

In other words, they would only hang out with me on the lake with their boats if I bought one to. I guess they felt I was using them for it, but I wasn't, I just had other priorities in mind than purchasing an expensive toy.

It's funny because I used to mop floors at Taco Bell and now make much more than the average American yet I'm not really satisfied at all. It's not that I'm not thankful for what I have, more that I know I'm much more capable than this.

I have zero fastlane friends, and a lot working against me, and I know that I don't get my mind in the fastlane mindset it will never happen period.

My plan is to work this slowlane position and do well at it, but it will take a lot of my personal time to get up to speed to secure the finances, then after that switch my free time to 100% fastlane mindset.

My fear is getting comfortable where I'm at because, I actually really love what I'm doing in my slowlane job.

No specific questions, just more of a rant.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ClaytonAlbright

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 25, 2015
Cumming, GA
BTW @MJ DeMarco
If I never read your book I wouldn't be in this place. Thank you for pulling me back into the mindset that your dreams can become a reality.

You don't get enough credit for what you did. Thank you.

PS -- you should write a 2nd book.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunscreen

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 1, 2015
BTW @MJ DeMarco
If I never read your book I wouldn't be in this place. Thank you for pulling me back into the mindset that your dreams can become a reality.

You don't get enough credit for what you did. Thank you.

PS -- you should write a 2nd book.
I second that. Pretty please :p
He is. He even has a progress thread.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.