TheWiseGuy
Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Read Choose Hard!
Hi guys,
So I've set up a refreshed funnel for my website.
When the user clicks "Try for Free", it leads to a small email sign-up page, which then navigates to a free trial—ultimately hitting a paywall.
I've had success with this before but I've changed my form service as I want to allow users to complete their questions by speaking (I'm using Whisper API to transcribe their answers). This is a bit irrelevant to the question anyway.
Anyhow, the form service wants me to pay $80 p/month just to see partial responses. This is something I can't afford now, so I'm working with the starter version.
To fix this, I've created a small email sign-up page that grabs their email, before directing them to the trial. This way, I can at least have some data to work with to ensure people are actually interacting.
The weird thing is, despite the fact my Meta Pixel is set up perfectly, 50 people have entered the funnel and didn’t even get past the initial email sign-up page. (I'd see their record, even if they declined to input their email).
This is abnormal, considering this has worked a lot in the past. I've tested everything on my end and it looks okay.
I'd be much obliged if any of you guys could spare the time to take a look—maybe you will find something that skipped past me?
Thank you all,
TWG.
EDIT: Fixed. Turns out there was a bad code in my site, which tracked every click as a "start trial" event. Removed the code and started a fresh meta ad campaign. At least it's only €20 down the drain.
Hammer on.
So I've set up a refreshed funnel for my website.
When the user clicks "Try for Free", it leads to a small email sign-up page, which then navigates to a free trial—ultimately hitting a paywall.
I've had success with this before but I've changed my form service as I want to allow users to complete their questions by speaking (I'm using Whisper API to transcribe their answers). This is a bit irrelevant to the question anyway.
Anyhow, the form service wants me to pay $80 p/month just to see partial responses. This is something I can't afford now, so I'm working with the starter version.
To fix this, I've created a small email sign-up page that grabs their email, before directing them to the trial. This way, I can at least have some data to work with to ensure people are actually interacting.
The weird thing is, despite the fact my Meta Pixel is set up perfectly, 50 people have entered the funnel and didn’t even get past the initial email sign-up page. (I'd see their record, even if they declined to input their email).
This is abnormal, considering this has worked a lot in the past. I've tested everything on my end and it looks okay.
I'd be much obliged if any of you guys could spare the time to take a look—maybe you will find something that skipped past me?
Thank you all,
TWG.
EDIT: Fixed. Turns out there was a bad code in my site, which tracked every click as a "start trial" event. Removed the code and started a fresh meta ad campaign. At least it's only €20 down the drain.
Hammer on.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
