The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I will log every day on my journey from <$1000 to $1M+ from 17 to 19

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Day 13 | Balance $986.34 + (5 hours of work's wages)

Interesting day to say the least. I could definitely feel myself benefitting from the work I did yesterday on my self-esteem etc and I just woke up feeling better which is reassuring that I'm moving in the right direction. Today I have done several more things that I think will further improve my self-esteem and that area:

- Got 2 audiobooks(for free as I made a new audible account) on the subject and on the mind in general and listened to 2 hours of their content(1 hour on 2x speed XD), I honestly can't remember why I didn't do this earlier.
- Downloaded an app for my phone that displays affirmative messages
- Downloaded several affirmative videos on YouTube that I can listen to when I go to bed(I will)
- Kept working on my Journal and introspective documents
- Just thought a lot about it in general(not always useful, but was partially in this case)
- Reached out to several professionals about their services
- Did 45 mins of exercise
- Set up notifications for a gratitude journaling app which I had before(I am an app person).

Like I mentioned I would yesterday I did spend some time working today. Was not too bad but obviously made difficult by the issues being discussed. I feel like right now, the value of my time is much greater working on these issues than directly on my business. I've tried just working on the business directly when suffering more from this stuff and it hasn't worked each time I've tried it so I'm just going to do this for a bit and then get back to it. I think I just need to have the basics(i.e. mental health) down before I build anything else on top.

There have also been some very useful and insightful comments on this thread lately which is really cool and am really happy that's happening. Feedback and opinions welcomed as usual.

I was also just looking at the "60 Days Of 60 Minutes Of Meditation - Let's Not Do Anything Together" thread and it seems really cool and I'm very interested in doing that as well. I have tried meditation before for 2 months but couldn't continue as I found it to difficult to focus on it and was not getting any better, I think I know why now so I will be starting again soon.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Jerma

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Aug 10, 2020
Canada
Thank you so much for this post, I think that hearing from someone who has been in a similar situation but has progressed from it and has some hindsight is invaluable and I hope that there are other people that can relate to this somewhat and get value from it.
I'm glad you appreciate it.
An example I've heard(from propositional knowledge sources XD) is that if someone wants to become more spiritual, they might think "what do spiritual people do? Oh, they aren't materialistic. Maybe I should get rid of some of my possessions." Instead of actually looking at WHY people who are spiritual don't have possessions - meditation, introspection, etc. I.e. a top down rather than bottom up approach.
That's funny! I agree that it's a trap, but I think that's actually a great approach overall. You can get rid of your material possessions... and then you realize that you miss them and you need a new approach! It's better than paralysis by analysis any day of the week.
Definitely. It's 100% my least favourite and most problematic symptom of having low self-esteem for me as I can apply it to literally everything and it just devours time and energy. I do like having big goals and being ambitious to push myself to high standards, so I think when I do improve my self esteem significantly I'd like to preserve that, but in a way that functions based of trying to be the best I can, rather than feeling guilty and shameful for not being what other/I think is good enough.
Yeah I feel that. I had an experience like that. This is just me rambling about my experience here... One way my perfectionism influenced me was that I used to read many books, do a lot of online courses, and I had many programming side-projects. And I would always push myself to finish them no matter what. Some people might think that it sounds good, but it took a lot of time and energy, and it wasn't healthy. It was coming from an obsession with being perfect. I was rigid and inflexible. I tried to figure out the "roots" of the problem and determine where it came from.. and I think I got a pretty good grasp on the causes, but it didn't change me that much.

I asked myself, "what would it be like if I didn't need to learn things all the time?". So for six months, I stopped myself from reading anything educational. I picked up "fun" side-projects, and I dropped them randomly. I became super flaky. At first, it felt unnatural, and it sucked. After that, I started to like it a little.. and finally, I got F*cking bored. I realized (in a participatory way) that I actually liked learning things, and honestly, it was amazing when I got that insight. I rediscovered a passion for learning. I started reintroducing things in my life, but it was fueled by something healthy this time.

My conclusion would be this. Growth happens when you stop doing what works and experiment with something else to find something better. It feels shit kinda in the moment, though.

Last edited:

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Day 14 | Balance $986.34 + (5 hours of work's wages) + (2 hours of work's wages)

Damn, we're at 2 weeks now, glad I haven't stopped and am still going strong. Today was definitely an interesting day.
In terms of progress, since I've decided to start working entirely on my mental health and self-esteem I:

- Listened to affirmational videos for 15 mins, would have liked to do a bit more tbh but I started getting perfectiony about which would be the best one to do and that made it pretty distracting to continue - I will make a point to do some before I go to bed.
- Listened to an audiobook I bought(The Body Keeps the Score) and listened to it for 4.25 hours, but since I listened on 1.5x speed average I guess I listened to about over 6 hours of content, very good book would recommend if you can relate to my situation. Also very cool that I can just do it from bed if it's a pretty bad day.
- Literally applied to every single free(some paid) mental health program(I'd guess about 12 in total) that I was applicable for within a 30 minute drive of where I live(took about 2 hours)
- Applied for probably 6 or 7 more jobs, I've started to apply to cleaning ones as well which I was reluctant to do at first but whatever, I need a job
- Reached out to 3 more mental health professionals
- Exercised for 40 mins
- Did 2 hours of paid work gardening, actual decent English weather which made it very fun
- Did the gratitude journal/affirmation app stuff
- Wasted about an hour trying to make another audible account to get free audiobooks but was unsuccessful, apparently Amazon doesn't like you making 5+ Amazon accounts from 1 IP, who would've known lol

I feel like I didn't do very much, however when I write it all out it actually seems like quite a bit. I think at this rate things should definitely be better by the end of this month. I actually turn 17 at the start of the month, so maybe the part of the thread that's from when I'm 17 to 19 will just be actually about starting a business?

I haven't actually done much programming in a while either which makes it seem very attractive to do and I guess shows that I actually like doing it which is quite reassuring. I know when I do get back to it, I'm really going to go at it hard.

I'd say my goals for tomorrow are:
- Listen to audiobooks for another 4 hours
- Go knock on neighbours doors about more gardening work(this seems terrifying, but I'm intrigued, maybe I'll just chicken out and make some leaflets and put them through doors)
- Continue with all the habits
- Get started on some school work I have to do
- Message more mental health professionals, and get involved in more programs
- Do 1 hour of mixed exercises(I usually just do arms for some reason XD)
- Reply to all the emails that my inbox will get completely spammed with

I can't wait till I finally conquer these problems and I can get to the "real" work, but maybe these types of problems are not so uncommon, especially things like focus and burnout.

I'm also thinking about learning more about copywriting as it would be useful for my business, and also as a backup skill if I need to make some more money while I'm working on it, I'll obviously do this after what I'm currently working on, and maybe I already have enough skills? Seems like it could be useful in many areas of life/business as well though like general verbal persuasion, negotiation and marketing. Thoughts and opinions are appreciated as always.

GGs

Last edited:

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Day 15 | Balance $1,028.99 + (5 hours of work's wages) + (2 hours of work's wages)

Really not a great day today. I:
- Did all the habit stuff
- Listened to the Audiobook for 1.25 hours, not 4
- Replied to all the emails I got, scheduled appointments
- Got a job offer for KFC which I will try and decide on later
- Did 30 mins of exercise

Stuff really weighing on me. I can't wait until I start actually making more progress this so I can get over it and start going where I want to be going.

I think for tomorrow I'll set some smaller goals:
- Start working on making pitch for gardening
- Listen to 30 mins of audiobooks

GGs

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Day 16 | Balance $1,042.34 + (5 hours of work's wages) + (2 hours of work's wages)

Really not much interesting today, just persisting with the habits laying the groundwork for everything else that is to come. There is a lot in the pipeline for sure and I'm certain that I will have more information on the business soon.
GGs

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Day 17 | Balance $1,042.34 + (5 hours of work's wages) + (2 hours of work's wages)

Again, pretty much the same sort of thing, doing the habits, getting better bit by bit. I think this path is the way to go tbh, as I've said before, having the foundations to build off of is crucial, and before when I've tried to do it without them everything that I build up soon crumbles.

Reading threads like this: Let's talk about entrepreneurial depression it seems pretty obvious that that it's quite crucial.
GGs

Sega Saph

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Dec 17, 2021
Russia
I am so guilty of this, I know. But I like to read your thread. Looks like me at 17. Where are you disappeared? Had you hired to KFC and do not have any time to share with us? Peace

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Day 18 | Balance $1,042.34 + (5 hours of work's wages) + (2 hours of work's wages)

I have been successfully hired by KFC now, pretty good that I will have something to take my mind off of things and generate some additional income. Again, there isn't too much going on in terms of Entrepreneurial endeavours but I'm going to get back to it as soon as possible.

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Day 19 | Balance $1,010.49 + (5 hours of work's wages) + (2 hours of work's wages)

Again, not a very interesting day. I'm mostly just waiting for appointments and trying to take small steps in terms of things at the moment. This honestly has to be one of the worst times ever of my life if I'm going to be honest, I didn't know living could look like this. One thing I did do that I'm happy with is started a better habit tracker, I had one before but I hadn't spent much time configuring it. The one I just set up has the following goals:
- Do 1 minute of affirmations
- Do [this blog/repeated posting]
- Speak to a friend for 1 minute
- Meditate for 1 minute
- Practice CBT techniques for 1 minute
- Exercise for 1 minute
- Learn a language for 1 minute
- Read/listen to an audiobook for 1 minute
- Do a face routine/facecare plan for 10 seconds
- Eat 1 fruit/vegetable
- Go into nature for 1 minute
- Make and do a daily highlight task
- Wake up early

I know this seems like a lot of random stuff and it might seem like it wouldn't get much value for 1 minute, however I nearly always find myself spending more time than just 1 minute and it means I can do it if I'm having a really bad day, and still feel good about making progress. Also I'm sorry about not posting consistently, the title of the thread is that I will log every day, but it doesn't say I have to log every day on the day that I do it so I think it's fine.

I just tend to procrastinate doing this sort of thing quite a lot because it sort of requires being vulnerable and honest and stuff which I really shy away from usually.

GGs

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Day 20 | Balance $1,010.49 + (5 hours of work's wages) + (2 hours of work's wages)

BTW, sorry for the "(5 hours of work's wages) + (2 hours of work's wages)" stuff, I really want to open a new bank account where I can separate all my personal expenses from my longer term business/progress expenses.

Damn this is horrible, I don't really know another way to put it and I'm not trying to be negative or pessimistic, but this is the single worst thing I've ever gone through in my entire life, I think I almost definitely have OCD or a similar disorder. The worst part is that it just makes it really hard to make any kind of decisions, allowing for focusing and it just drains your mental energy like coding 5+ hours a day does, plus a constant level 3/10 of mental pain going to a 5 or 6 when you're stressed. I definitely got some very dodgy RNG and unfortunately the treatment and stuff available where I live(England) is almost worse than nothing as it gives you false hope, 99% of what I hear about it is how awful and what a complete joke it is(9 month+ waiting lists, and then you get to speak to underqualified trainees). Basically what it means is that you have to spend your own money doing it, which as a 17 year old from a very poor family is very difficult. The idea of having to spend everything I've saved on something that I have no control over and just got dealt hurts, but it is what it is.

Again, I can definitely understand if you find this sort of content boring or unrelatable and it might seem like I'm just complaining about my problems and saying "poor me". However, that is exactly what I'm aiming not to do, even if I do do it too much sometimes, I really want to show that I can overcome my circumstances and actually do something cool despite trash RNG, I don't know if I'll be able to but I'd like to try(sorry for the cliché). It would be cool if I could show this thread to other people in a similar situation and have it be hopeful to them(assuming my plans actually work XD) and it would be a nice thing to look back on.

On a random tangent, I think one of the most important realisations that I've come to is that I'm actually not special at all, and it feels quite profound. I feel like I always(in the past) had this feeling that I was different to other people in some way or I was "meant" to do something, and I feel like a lot of people also feel that way, especially with the wave of self-esteem "raising" phrases like "everyone's special". However I feel like it's mostly a delusion, sure I'm special in the way that I happen to be my own consciousness and I experience everything through me(if that makes any sense), but apart from that I'm just a random character spawn. My problems are also not unique in any way and the chances are that if I have them, so do millions of other people.

I think some of the greatest benefits of this understanding are that you have to actually do shit your self and you're not inherently "destined" for success or any other reward and there's no guardian angel to save you or anything like that. If I, right here, right now decided that I wasn't going to do anything with my life and just stayed in stasis of whatever point I'm at now that's how things would go, no questions asked. Also the idea that dying isn't the collapse of reality, because you aren't reality your just one entity that can understand it and once you go, nothing objectively changes. I know this is only day 20 and it's a bit early to go full "the true nature of reality" already, but I feel like it's one of the more important things I've learned on my journey and can definitely see if being useful in the entrepreneurial process.

Would love to hear anyone's thoughts/opinions, GGs

Last edited:

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
I am so guilty of this, I know. But I like to read your thread. Looks like me at 17. Where are you disappeared? Had you hired to KFC and do not have any time to share with us? Peace
Hey dude, yeah they did hire me but no, I'm not that busy I just find it easy to put things off. Thanks for leaving a comment and I'm really happy that you enjoy reading the thread.

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Day 21 | Balance $942.66 + (5 hours of work's wages) + (2 hours of work's wages)

Hi, we're now 3 weeks into the Fastlane journey and I've definitely made some discoveries that I probably wouldn't have otherwise, so I'm very happy with that. I'm basically doing the same things in terms of routine and definitely seeing the difference already. I've also decided to start going more back into the business and I've added a daily habit of doing "1 business action", this could be something pretty small or pretty big, however it's pretty much always possible to do which is crucial, and I'm optimistic this will help move things along quicker.

I thought that having 20 mini 1 minute habits would be too overwhelming initially, but due to their size, it makes them very doable so I seem to be getting them pretty much all done unless I forget about one, but never because I choose not to. As I've said before, yes they're small, however I do usually spend more time than just the required on them and they are essentially "gateway habits" that create the potential for larger gains.

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Day 22 | Balance $955.56 + (5 hours of work's wages) + (2 hours of work's wages)

An altogether much better day, as always I'm just completing the small habits and just building that consistently. I have a 3 day streak probably, average throughout all of them. I just like the idea of committing to small habits a lot because is there really ever going be a time in my life when I think "I can't listen to an audiobook for 1 minute".

Yeah, like I said last time, I added the habit of doing 1 business action so that's another step that I'm taking. I've also decided to start doing a journal again as I think it would be useful and I think I was doing it wrong probably the last time I attempted to do it.

GGs

Last edited:

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Day 23 | Balance $952.90+ (5 hours of work's wages) + (2 hours of work's wages)

Another day, feel like I'm playing life on expert difficulty now, but hopefully that will change. Again, I'm very surprised that I managed to complete all the micro-habits I set up, if anyone's thinking about doing something similar I'd very much recommend it as it's something that just wouldn't be worth it to say no to. Since I added "doing 1 business action" to these habits I've also started doing that today. Also prepare to see the balance go down a lot, cause I'm going to have to start paying for my own mental health treatment and stuff which is not very fun, but I'm definitely hoping it will be worth it.

GGs

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Day 24 | Balance $952.90+ (5 hours of work's wages) + (2 hours of work's wages)

Pretty much the same thing as yesterday, just taking small steps.

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Day 25 | Balance $952.90+ (5 hours of work's wages) + (2 hours of work's wages)

Again, just working on the habits and taking small steps towards the goal. I also can't wait until I sort out all my banking/financial stuff so I can make a better system for saying how much money I have.

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Day 26 | Balance $952.90+ (5 hours of work's wages) + (2 hours of work's wages)

The position I'm in is good. I know exactly what I need to work on, what I need to get in place, I'm doing that slowly which happens to be as fast as I think I can. I'm optimistic.

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
Working on your mental health is something that I'm really benefitting from lately.
You can't work properly when you have traumas always occupying your mind.

Positive affirmations videos are working for me. Better to play it as much as I can, after a few weeks I don't feel so much the need though. But I can certainly say that my mind had an important switch thanks to them, which I can't really explain but it's something that just changed my life.

Also the Self Authoring program by Jordan Peterson is really good stuff. Still have to finish this one.

Keep going ! We are setting the foundations up which will give us speed in the long term.

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Working on your mental health is something that I'm really benefitting from lately.
You can't work properly when you have traumas always occupying your mind.

Positive affirmations videos are working for me. Better to play it as much as I can, after a few weeks I don't feel so much the need though. But I can certainly say that my mind had an important switch thanks to them, which I can't really explain but it's something that just changed my life.

Also the Self Authoring program by Jordan Peterson is really good stuff. Still have to finish this one.

Keep going ! We are setting the foundations up which will give us speed in the long term.
Amen.

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Day 27 | Balance $949.08

Another good day, worked, continued with most of my habits that I had planned on doing. I know I've said this before, but I cannot wait until I can finally focus again and don't have to deal with an array of stupid symptoms every day. When I can get into a good routine of working on the business, school and part-time work I will be very happy.

I also think about this quite a lot but it's interesting to think that I will probably look back at this specific post at some time, I wonder what I'll be thinking, did my predictions come true, did I actually manage to do what I had accomplished? What would I tell myself now if I could go back?

GGs

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
Day 20 | Balance $1,010.49 + (5 hours of work's wages) + (2 hours of work's wages)

BTW, sorry for the "(5 hours of work's wages) + (2 hours of work's wages)" stuff, I really want to open a new bank account where I can separate all my personal expenses from my longer term business/progress expenses.

Damn this is horrible, I don't really know another way to put it and I'm not trying to be negative or pessimistic, but this is the single worst thing I've ever gone through in my entire life, I think I almost definitely have OCD or a similar disorder. The worst part is that it just makes it really hard to make any kind of decisions, allowing for focusing and it just drains your mental energy like coding 5+ hours a day does, plus a constant level 3/10 of mental pain going to a 5 or 6 when you're stressed. I definitely got some very dodgy RNG and unfortunately the treatment and stuff available where I live(England) is almost worse than nothing as it gives you false hope, 99% of what I hear about it is how awful and what a complete joke it is(9 month+ waiting lists, and then you get to speak to underqualified trainees). Basically what it means is that you have to spend your own money doing it, which as a 17 year old from a very poor family is very difficult. The idea of having to spend everything I've saved on something that I have no control over and just got dealt hurts, but it is what it is.

Again, I can definitely understand if you find this sort of content boring or unrelatable and it might seem like I'm just complaining about my problems and saying "poor me". However, that is exactly what I'm aiming not to do, even if I do do it too much sometimes, I really want to show that I can overcome my circumstances and actually do something cool despite trash RNG, I don't know if I'll be able to but I'd like to try(sorry for the cliché). It would be cool if I could show this thread to other people in a similar situation and have it be hopeful to them(assuming my plans actually work XD) and it would be a nice thing to look back on.

On a random tangent, I think one of the most important realisations that I've come to is that I'm actually not special at all, and it feels quite profound. I feel like I always(in the past) had this feeling that I was different to other people in some way or I was "meant" to do something, and I feel like a lot of people also feel that way, especially with the wave of self-esteem "raising" phrases like "everyone's special". However I feel like it's mostly a delusion, sure I'm special in the way that I happen to be my own consciousness and I experience everything through me(if that makes any sense), but apart from that I'm just a random character spawn. My problems are also not unique in any way and the chances are that if I have them, so do millions of other people.

I think some of the greatest benefits of this understanding are that you have to actually do shit your self and you're not inherently "destined" for success or any other reward and there's no guardian angel to save you or anything like that. If I, right here, right now decided that I wasn't going to do anything with my life and just stayed in stasis of whatever point I'm at now that's how things would go, no questions asked. Also the idea that dying isn't the collapse of reality, because you aren't reality your just one entity that can understand it and once you go, nothing objectively changes. I know this is only day 20 and it's a bit early to go full "the true nature of reality" already, but I feel like it's one of the more important things I've learned on my journey and can definitely see if being useful in the entrepreneurial process.

Would love to hear anyone's thoughts/opinions, GGs

Ah. The OCD-riddled, hyper-ambitious yet nihilistic nerd that's capable of programming a SaaS but finds "normal people things" excruciatingly painful to deal with.

Judging by your usage of e-slang like "RNG" and "GGs" I assume you've also spent way too much of your life playing video games and your chronic existential dread would suggest that you probably find HOME - Resonance the most relatable track of all time.

Your life from now on will likely continue to suck most of the time. It's the breathtaking "holy F*ck, I can't believe this is really happening" moments that make it worth pushing through the struggles.

Anyway...

I want you to put your racing thoughts on pause for a moment and turn your attention to the following question:

Have you ever stopped to think about what your life would look like when you have $1M in the bank? Will you be fulfilled then? If yes, why?

Oh, and just keep updating your thread every day, even if it's disappointing and self-pitying. It worked for me.

varoni

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 27, 2022
Thank you for sharing your plans and thoughts with us! I'm in my 30s, so the fact that you're 17 is impressive. I wish I was aware of this information at your age so even though you might feel unsure of yourself, you are ahead of the game in some ways. Keep sharing and keep putting yourself out there. I echo what others have said about your "why" being missing from your posts. Why do you want the million dollars? What do you want for your future? Are there things you are telling yourself that you should do or want that may not line up with your true self? What is your angst and depression trying to tell you? Get curious about yourself and how you think and operate. I am asking myself similar questions.

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
Day 26 | Balance $952.90+ (5 hours of work's wages) + (2 hours of work's wages)

The position I'm in is good. I know exactly what I need to work on, what I need to get in place, I'm doing that slowly which happens to be as fast as I think I can. I'm optimistic.

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
I forgot to say thank you because I was able to collaborate better, with my relatives, on the case of the path I want to take (fastlane). I have been following your Routine and I feel better and better every day, talking about my mental health.
I'm glad to hear you're feeling much better.

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Day 28 | Balance $949.08 | 2/5/22

Damn, I'm writing this post literally 7 days later, after it was supposed to be written. I've really got to sort out this system. I'm going to make a rule that if I miss 3 posts then I fail the challenge, because otherwise I'm basically just saying that I have to make 2 years worth of posts and I have a deadline of 2 years, which could just do on the last day...

Well, I can't really remember what I did to be honest, but I do know that it was a Monday. I probably didn't do to much honestly, I'll have a look through my logs. I think I just did all my habits and kept stuff up.

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Have you ever stopped to think about what your life would look like when you have $1M in the bank? Will you be fulfilled then? If yes, why?
Yeah I think so. I've made a sort of "ideal day in the life" thing. It would basically mean that I could have more freedom to do what I want to do and work on projects that I might be more inclined towards rather than what my job demands. I'm hoping that I will be able to have:
  • More time to work on good relationships
  • More money and time to maintain good health
  • Time to do things that I enjoy, e.g. playing sports
  • Money to invest in projects that I think will be beneficial and to help others e.g. charities, and businesses
  • (I'm also assuming that I will have the $1M due to a successful business) which means that I'm providing value to people and helping them which seems very fulfilling also
  • Time and money to do non-vocational things which I'm interested in, like travelling
Oh, and just keep updating your thread every day, even if it's disappointing and self-pitying. It worked for me.

Yes, this is the main thing. I'm terrified of judgement to be honest, and the idea of "letting people down" by showing days when I'm not as productive as I could be feels very bad as well.

Yeah, the self-pity thing also, I really hate to think that I'm complaining too much or talking too much about stuff that just effects me. If I'm honest, these past few 6 months or so have been the absolute worst ever(not because of this challenge) and I think I'm really not in a good place. I think most people I know IRL and who read this thread would be extremely surprised at how I actually am. I think I'll just try and keep those things as brief as I can unless I find people actually requesting specific information which I'm happy to give.

Thanks for your reply.

Last edited:

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Thank you for sharing your plans and thoughts with us! I'm in my 30s, so the fact that you're 17 is impressive. I wish I was aware of this information at your age so even though you might feel unsure of yourself, you are ahead of the game in some ways. Keep sharing and keep putting yourself out there. I echo what others have said about your "why" being missing from your posts. Why do you want the million dollars? What do you want for your future? Are there things you are telling yourself that you should do or want that may not line up with your true self? What is your angst and depression trying to tell you? Get curious about yourself and how you think and operate. I am asking myself similar questions.
Yes, thanks, I still feel I'm behind sometimes though.

I think I really want $1M, 1. because of the freedom of time, and resources it will bring, and 2. because it will be really fun IMO to get there and work really hard for something and it will be a very exciting & challenging journey.

I think I know why I am pretty badly mentally ill as well - my "parents" kinda f*cked me over. But yeah, I've also been trying journaling and "getting curious about yourself" as you say and I'd definitely recommend it, even if it's a just a few words about how you're feeling every few days.

Last edited:

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
I forgot to say thank you because I was able to collaborate better, with my relatives, on the case of the path I want to take (fastlane). I have been following your Routine and I feel better and better every day, talking about my mental health.
I'm glad to hear you're feeling much better.
This makes me really happy, It's great you're feeling better. Yeah, I do feel better as well, but I have quite a way to go I think, but I am quite certain I'll get there if I do what I know to.

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
This makes me really happy, It's great you're feeling better. Yeah, I do feel better as well, but I have quite a way to go I think, but I am quite certa I'll get there if I do what I know to.
Ok super, mais que veux-tu dire par là, ce que vous aimez faire
This makes me really happy, It's great you're feeling better. Yeah, I do feel better as well, but I have quite a way to go I think, but I am quite certain I'll get there if I do what I know to.
OK glad to hear you talk like that.
but in my opinion, I believe that you already know what you are doing or what do you mean by that '' I do what I know to''?.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.