The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I will log every day on my journey from <$1000 to $1M+ from 17 to 19

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
I will log every day on my journey from <$1000 to $1M+ from 17yrs/o to 19yrs/o

I'm currently 17 years old and am tired of action faking and procrastinating and really want to start getting shit done. I know how to code and am planning on making an app/SAAS business. My goal is to generate at least $1M in gross profit before(or on :0) my 19th birthday.

The plan is that at the end of every day I will write a summary(minimum 3 lines) about the steps I took towards my goal, the aim of this is:

• Help other people in their own journeys/compare advice and strategies
  • Give motivation i.e. someone who's broke, in school full time and has major obstacles(me) could do it
  • Keep me on track(if I make my self accountable online, I will be more pressured into continuing) and will help develop a writing skill
I live in the UK so all my assets are in GBP(£), but I will convert to USD for the posts. I currently have just under $1000 dollars in my ISA(individual savings account) mostly invested in the vanguard FTSE all world index and the vanguard FTSE high dividend yield. Would love to hear what anyone has in terms of advice/opinions.

The "balance" mentioned in the post is all the money that will be involved with the business - i.e. money that's made and I can spend. It is most of the money that I have and all the other stuff is what I'm allocating to stuff that I need to spend on a day-to-day basis and isn't related to the business significantly.

Unfortunately I haven't found a good way to link all the posts up in a continuous feed to make for easier viewing, however you can sort by new(go to the top right of this feed and click on the highest page number) or sort by best posts. I'm also considering adding this as a blog to my personal website and then linking it - would love to know what people think.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• Screenshot (55).png
    Screenshot (55).png
    24.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Day 1 | Balance: $995.10

Hey, today was Saturday and I didn't really do much. I think I have a lot of mental barriers(anxiety, depression, social issues and focus issues potentially, due to a bad RNG childhood) to get through before I can start doing all the more mentally intensive stuff that I want to do, so I was talking to a professional about that today and definitely made a lot of progress, so I'm happy about that.

I do already have some money in my ISA from working most of last summer, however I am looking to get another job now as I'm currently unemployed. I know it may seem slow lane(or sidewalk), however it is just a temporary thing that I'm planning to do to increase my net worth to pay for advertising and other potential business costs. I'm also hoping that getting a job will increase the perceived value of my time as I'm currently wasting quite a lot of it.

I've already created a limited company here in the UK, but have been avoiding doing a lot of the paperwork recently, so tomorrow I'd like to focus on that. I'm also not actually 17 yet btw(I'm 16 and 343 days). Very excited to start this journey.

Last edited:

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Welcome Kryptic. I'm also from the UK (Belfast)

I am looking to get another job now as I'm currently unemployed. I know it may seem slow lane(or sidewalk), however it is just a temporary things that I'm planning to do to increase my net worth to pay for advertising and other potential business costs.
Getting a job to fund your Fastlane ventures isn't Slowlane/ Sidewalk. Using said job as your only source of income for the next 40 years is Slowlane/ Sidewalk

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Welcome Kryptic. I'm also from the UK (Belfast)

Getting a job to fund your Fastlane ventures isn't Slowlane/ Sidewalk. Using said job as your only source of income for the next 40 years is Slowlane/ Sidewalk
Very true, I do remember that part from Unscripted now. Yeah, the idea of doing the same thing for the next 40 years of my life for minimal reward is just so ridiculous to me after reading that book now.

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Day 1 | Net worth: $995.10

Hey, today was Saturday and I didn't really do much. I think I have a lot of mental barriers(anxiety, depression, social issues and focus issues potentially, due to a bad RNG childhood) to get through before I can start doing all the more mentally intensive stuff that I want to do, so I was talking to a professional about that today and definitely made a lot of progress, so I'm happy about that.

I do already have some money in my ISA from working most of last summer, however I am looking to get another job now as I'm currently unemployed. I know it may seem slow lane(or sidewalk), however it is just a temporary thing that I'm planning to do to increase my net worth to pay for advertising and other potential business costs. I'm also hoping that getting a job will increase the perceived value of my time as I'm currently wasting quite a lot of it.

I've already created a limited company here in the UK, but have been avoiding doing a lot of the paperwork recently, so tomorrow I'd like to focus on that. I'm also not actually 17 yet btw(I'm 16 and 343 days). Very excited to start this journey.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
I've already created a limited company here in the UK, but have been avoiding doing a lot of the paperwork recently, so tomorrow I'd like to focus on that
action faking

It's a rookie mistake.

You don't need a limited company until you have revenue.

Why limited?
Do you have assets to protect?
Is there a significant risk of pubic liability?

Sole proprietorship is a viable option in UK.
Less reporting, paperwork.
Can use your personal bank account and get a card payment processor who will pay into that account.

Don't overcomplicate things.

Focus on revenue and getting customers.

Do everything else when it's needed.

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
It's a rookie mistake.

You don't need a limited company until you have revenue.

Why limited?
Do you have assets to protect?
Is there a significant risk of pubic liability?

Sole proprietorship is a viable option in UK.
Less reporting, paperwork.
Can use your personal bank account and get a card payment processor who will pay into that account.

Don't overcomplicate things.

Focus on revenue and getting customers.

Do everything else when it's needed.
Definitely true to a degree, however it only took 10 mins and $15 to make so I'm not super upset. I want to protect my personal assets and there is a not insignificant risk of public liability as the business I'm trying to create is content-based and does reuse content from other places e.g. books.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
Loaning your money to the company then recording it and making sure it’s all properly filled is an overkill.

The plan is that at the end of every day I will write a summary(minimum 3 lines) about the steps I took towards my goal, the aim of this is:
Write the steps before you take them.
Not so much on the micro level but macro yoj should have things defined.

What’s the saas?

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
Have you found a problem worth solving with your SaaS yet? And are there any competitors? If not, why?

You should also try to make a landing page and test the demand before writing any code if the problem allows it. And when building the SaaS, release it as MVP and don't fall into a neverending cycle of development.

Try to get revenue in as soon as possible. That's the only thing that matters. Not the tech stack. Not the product name. Not the little details that can be done later.

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Have you found a problem worth solving with your SaaS yet? And are there any competitors? If not, why?
I do think so, I've spoken a little bit about it in other replies - "Basically a content system that reduces the information/ideas in books into short posts with titles and paragraphs that can be consumed in seconds." . There are competitors that make similar things(e.g. books, YouTube) and there are other apps that have short form information but nothing as heavily quality controlled/practical as what I'm plannning. What does everyone think about the idea though?

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
You should also try to make a landing page and test the demand before writing any code if the problem allows it. And when building the SaaS, release it as MVP and don't fall into a neverending cycle of development.

Try to get revenue in as soon as possible. That's the only thing that matters. Not the tech stack. Not the product name. Not the little details that can be done later.
I couldn't agree more with this tbh, I really want to build something light just to get my foot in the door and start the cycle of feedback and escape the "desert of desertion" as I think it says in the book. I've been coding for a few years now so I think I should be able to get a version to market in the next few months.

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Day 2 | Balance: $1012.71

Hey there again. I'm happy to say that I'm returning for the second day of my journey. As you can see, my account balance has increased by a small amount, this is just a nice benefit of holding my money in indices and other instruments instead of in a normal bank account.

In terms of work today I'm somewhat satisfied with what I've done. I've applied for 4 or 5 jobs online i.e. through sites like indeed, I've narrowed down what exactly I want the business to do more and decided that I want to make a landing page for my product to gauge whether or not it will be successful and whether or not there is a market for it already. I could code it, however I will probably just find a template or a shortcut to save time although I feel somewhat tempted to do it myself. I mentioned last time that I wanted to do some paperwork, I'm gonna be honest - I didn't do it. I do know that it's important for the business however I really just couldn't get myself to start. I think what I'll try tomorrow will be reminding myself that I can start doing it but then stop after I've done a very small amount.

Tbh, I haven't been feeling great today overall either, I know I mentioned earlier about some mental health issues(anxiety, depression, intrusive thoughts & insecurity), well those aren't great to put it lightly. I really want to just start putting way more effort into it and as much money as would be useful(be prepared to see the "balance" drop, as I just feel like it's probably my main limiting factor at the moment and my ROI would be pretty insane). I'm already paying for something and am pretty optimistic about that at the moment, don't really want to go into much more detail. I like to think about this stuff in a quote by Naval Ravikant who is one of my favourite role-models and he says "If you're so smart, why aren't you happy?" highlighting how instead of using being smart as an excuse for being sad(i.e. we think too much about things and can see the true intentions behind things) we should be able to be happy from being smart(i.e. we are smart enough to find solutions to the problems that are making us unhappy), which I love.

I think this post sums up today fairly well, I really want to provide more value when writing these so I'm definitely down for hearing what other people on the forum have to say. I can understand if you think it's quite egotistical or conceited for someone to just write about what they've been doing, and I know MJ does talk about someone doing that with a blog in unscripted , but I'm hoping that people can relate to some of what I write and it can be a mutually beneficial relationship and I'm all for a producer mindset as opposed to a consumer mindset, if you do have a honest opinion I'd be happy to hear it. Very excited, Peace out.

Damn, almost forgot about tomorrow. I wanna:
- Find a landing page template
- At least look at the paperwork
- Read 30mins of $100M offers
- Ask a few people for feedback i.e. around the internet

Last edited:

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022

Hey there again. I'm happy to say that I'm returning for the second day of my journey. As you can see, my account balance has increased by a small amount, this is just a nice benefit of holding my money in indices and other instruments instead of in a normal bank account.

In terms of work today I'm somewhat satisfied with what I've done. I've applied for 4 or 5 jobs online i.e. through sites like indeed, I've narrowed down what exactly I want the business to do more and decided that I want to make a landing page for my product to gauge whether or not it will be successful and whether or not there is a market for it already. I could code it, however I will probably just find a template or a shortcut to save time although I feel somewhat tempted to do it myself. I mentioned last time that I wanted to do some paperwork, I'm gonna be honest - I didn't do it. I do know that it's important for the business however I really just couldn't get myself to start. I think what I'll try tomorrow will be reminding myself that I can start doing it but then stop after I've done a very small amount.

Tbh, I haven't been feeling great today overall either, I know I mentioned earlier about some mental health issues(anxiety, depression, intrusive thoughts & insecurity), well those aren't great to put it lightly. I really want to just start putting way more effort into it and as much money as would be useful(be prepared to see the "balance" drop, as I just feel like it's probably my main limiting factor at the moment and my ROI would be pretty insane). I'm already paying for something and am pretty optimistic about that at the moment, don't really want to go into much more detail. I like to think about this stuff in a quote by Naval Ravikant who is one of my favourite role-models and he says "If you're so smart, why aren't you happy?" highlighting how instead of using being smart as an excuse for being sad(i.e. we think too much about things and can see the true intentions behind things) we should be able to be happy from being smart(i.e. we are smart enough to find solutions to the problems that are making us unhappy), which I love.

I think this post sums up today fairly well, I really want to provide more value when writing these so I'm definitely down for hearing what other people on the forum have to say. I can understand if you think it's quite egotistical or conceited for someone to just write about what they've been doing, and I know MJ does talk about someone doing that with a blog in unscripted , but I'm hoping that people can relate to some of what I write and it can be a mutually beneficial relationship and I'm all for a producer mindset as opposed to a consumer mindset, if you do have a honest opinion I'd be happy to hear it. Very excited, Peace out.

NB: please don't take my stories like plants, if there is one thing that I hate lately: it's complaints I just want your opinions since I know they will be useful to me. thank you

Apparently we have the same problem. Just that I don't know how to code. .I do not yet have great skill in Coding (computer programming).currently I'm learning alone to program through web content, and other applications that allow coding with my phone since I don't have a laptop yet and moreover I don't have enough money yet to train me with webmasters, So .to do this, I often go to the cyber center to pay for the internet connection and enjoy using their office computers. .on my days off.because I work a full 24 hours and I'm also entitled to 24 hours of rest. And to be honest, I don't really have enough money right now to pay for real training and also get me two other MJ books, I I already have the first chapters and also listened to the audios. .I work in a small job as a security guard, and at the moment my biggest goal is to buy myself a laptop and effectively pursue my road to financial freedom.

.I would have liked to weave already friendly ties with some of you but I do not understand English, I manage in writing. but I think over time I will learn and understand a lot more. .most of these threads that I read here, it is thanks to the English French translator that I understood it very well. And it must also be said that it is thanks to this forum that I was able to start coding through the threads of people who have managed to code on their own. .if not before reading the book Highway of the millionaire and entering here in the forum, I did not think that it was possible. But now I believe in it enough. So I take this opportunity to say thank you to all the people who agree to share their experiences here.
.Before I was surrounded by people (friends, parents...) who complain about everything and who love the slow way so much. And I felt alone And it's not easy to get rid of these people especially when you love them believe them and spend enough time with them. .and that made me make a choice that was going to take me straight to the slow lane but thank goodness I read 'the highway, and I was able to resist their opinions and readjust my choice. .When I remembered everything this book taught me, a super power came into me, I don't understand why. Especially chapter 23, this chapter changed a lot of things in me. I want to build my own life now.

.what the books of the gurus could not give me despite having read a lot of them.even though I haven't gotten out of the slow lane yet since I haven't built a business that really works and I'm still trading my time for money, which I shouldn't be, For the moment I regret nothing to have said no to the slow way..also despite the fact that I lost a few thousand CFA francs by saying no to the slow lane. Yes, I lost about 30,000f CFA for applying for two military and police competitions for the Beninese army forces and refusing to go to compose. .because I know that if I enter a public service (government), it would be very difficult to think about getting out of there. Currently, I have only one choice: that of driving on the fast lane: AUTOROUTE DU MILLIONAIRE.

.My current idea is to create a website for personal development book summaries, post houses for rent and for sale, squares for sale for my (not to become a real estate agent, just to be able to put in contact the customer and the buyer) and also.other projects over time.it is for this reason that I am learning to program a site.I need to know if it's really an LLC system (At the moment the commandment of need is being met because people spend the day looking for land to buy or have land to sell, and others are looking for houses for rent).
.I also need to know if it's good to learn to code alone or I have to create the site through the website creation applications like WordPress and others.

I really need your advice. What do you recommend, please!!! Thank you !!!

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Day 3 | Balance: $1,003.50

Hey there everybody! I'm happy to be back for day 3 although it does feel difficult to come back every day and try and I can feel my willpower faltering. I'm hoping that after a while it should get easier as I settle into a normal pattern of behaviour and get used to it.

In terms of goals, I did:
- Look at the paperwork(albeit extremely quickly before stopping)
- Look for website templates
- Read 35 mins of $100M offers(although I listened on 1.5x speed so could technically be more)
- Bought a domain name for the landing page(kaizen-app.co)(yes one of the most stereotypically action faking items possible, I know)

However, I didn't ask people for feedback around the internet or actually decide on a template which I'm not happy about. I think I definitely wasted to much time going between different website builders/templates to actually get what's needed done. It's sort of addictive to just keep looking and not making a decision, and the amount of time you can spend just moving between different products is absolutely ridiculous - it almost feels similar to social media. Despite this I think I do have a better idea of what I'm looking for.

As you can see, just due to the movement of stock in the markets, I'm down a small amount. One thing I did also do in relation to stocks was to sell a tiny investment I had in tesla(about $10) as it seems a bit too hype, I definitely believe in what they do but I think the stock has to be over-valued at the moment because it's just ridiculously high(maybe my mistake?).

I did also do quite a bit of school work today but as is unfortunately true of late, my focus was bad so it took a lot longer than it should of, again I've mentioned before that it is one of my weaker areas and I'm investing as much time effort and money as possible into improving it because it should yield a very good ROI.

My goals for tomorrow are:
- Actually do one piece of paperwork
- Identify an actual potential site and engage in a lot of work with it
- Do 10 mins of meditation for my focus
- Ask 1 person on the internet what they think about my business idea/create a proposal/pitch

I could do some more stuff, and will probably end up listening to quite a few minutes of audiobook, but I just want to keep it light and achievable while I'm working on building this habit.

Jack Hammer

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Sep 19, 2018
I do think so, I've spoken a little bit about it in other replies - "Basically a content system that reduces the information/ideas in books into short posts with titles and paragraphs that can be consumed in seconds." . There are competitors that make similar things(e.g. books, YouTube) and there are other apps that have short form information but nothing as heavily quality controlled/practical as what I'm plannning. What does everyone think about the idea though?
So it's like an automatic Cliff's notes generator? Do you know how to develop such an algorithm? Who would use it? How would you reach them? Any copyright issues?

Sorry, lots of questions, but I'm curious.

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
So .to do this, I often go to the cyber center to pay for the internet connection and enjoy using their office computers.
It seem really cool how much effort you're putting in tbh, you should be proud of doing things like this, keep it up.
.I would have liked to weave already friendly ties with some of you but I do not understand English
You're English is really not bad at all, I can understand everything you say fine.
And it's not easy to get rid of these people especially when you love them believe them and spend enough time with them
I don't think you have to "get rid" of anybody to be honest, if they're your family I'd say try and explain to them how you feel about the situation and let them know that they aren't going to convince you to change and that their crossing a personal boundary of yours. I really like this video on the topic, check it out if you're interested
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIHGcsjg15U

and I'm still trading my time for money, which I shouldn't be
I think working as a security guard for the moment is fine tbh, you're not planning on doing it for the rest of your life and you're working towards your fastlane goals as well. If it supports you (and even makes your relatives/friends stop bothering you) I'd say keep going for the moment, I'm trying to get a "slowlane" job as well.
My current idea is to create a website for personal development book summaries, post houses for rent and for sale, squares for sale
It's good that you're thinking about this, but imo just make sure that what you're doing does not violate the commandment of entry and does not already exist.
I also need to know if it's good to learn to code alone or I have to create the site through the website creation applications like WordPress and others.
I'd say if you don't know how to code already, it might be worth trying to look at your skillset and see what other "unfair advantages" you have. Do you have special knowledge of the security industry from working in it? Are there any problems where you live that you hear people complaining about, e.g. "Oh, I wish there was a decent taco place near me", "How can it be that there isn't a decent place to buy shoes within a 45 minute drive?". Internet businesses are cool and fun, but you might be more successful doing a less "sexy" business that you'd know better and would be able to pull off.

Overall, keep going man you're doing well. I'd definitely recommend reading unscripted if you haven't already. I don't know what the rules are or how MJ runs things but you should be able to find a PDF somewhere online(I just remembered that you can sign up for a free trial on audible and get a free credit for an audiobook - which you can use to buy unscripted and then cancel). Good luck brother. BTW I'd also take my advice with a massive grain of salt, especially the stuff about business seeing as I haven't actually made a successful one yet and am just a big fan of the fastlane idea.

Last edited:

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
So it's like an automatic Cliff's notes generator? Do you know how to develop such an algorithm? Who would use it? How would you reach them? Any copyright issues?

Sorry, lots of questions, but I'm curious.
Completely understandable, thanks for asking. So essentially it would be a library of ideas/information/tips from non-fiction that have been pre-compiled by people and moderated(think Wikipedia). Each idea would have a character limit for the title and in-depth description(like twitter) to make sure they can be consumed quickly. Copyright issues seem a concern, but I'd more be re-phrasing and reframing advice more than copying it verbatim, there are also tons of YouTube/blog book summaries that I'm sure don't have permission so I'm hoping it won't be a big deal.

The main USP of the app is how it can set you reminders and help you learn stuff more efficiently. So I like to think about it as an upgraded form of books, where books use stories to help you remember things, this uses repetition(i.e. from notifications) and simplicity.

An example "idea" has been attached. I've already created a 25,000 word resource bank from 100s of hours of content I've consumed over the years.

Does this clarify things at all? Do you have any more questions?

Attachments

• Screenshot (56).png
    Screenshot (56).png
    199.3 KB · Views: 23

Tonci

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Aug 29, 2021
I will log every day on my journey from <$1000 to $1M+ from 17yrs/o to 19yrs/o

I'm currently 17 years old and am tired of action faking and procrastinating and really want to start getting shit done. I know how to code and am planning on making an app/SAAS business. My goal is to generate at least $1M in gross profit before(or on :0) my 19th birthday.

• Help other people in their own journeys/compare advice and strategies
  • Give motivation i.e. someone who's broke, in school full time and has major obstacles(me) could do it
  • Keep me on track(if I make my self accountable online, I will be more pressured into continuing) and will help develop a writing skill
I live in the UK so all my assets are in GBP(£), but I will convert to USD for the posts. I currently have just under $1000 dollars in my ISA(individual savings account) mostly invested in the vanguard FTSE all world index and the vanguard FTSE high dividend yield. Would love to hear what anyone has in terms of advice/opinions.

The "balance" mentioned in the post is all the money that will be involved with the business - i.e. money that's made and I can spend. It is most of the money that I have and all the other stuff is what I'm allocating to stuff that I need to spend on a day-to-day basis and isn't related to the business significantly.

Unfortunately I haven't found a good way to link all the posts up in a continuous feed to make for easier viewing, however you can sort by new(go to the top right of this feed and click on the highest page number) or sort by best posts. I'm also considering adding this as a blog to my personal website and then linking it - would love to know what people think.

I'm also going to put all the text in bold that's part of the journey, to differentiate it from other content on the thread.
Welcome to the forum, my friend!

I wish you all the best on your journey and look forward to hearing about your progress tomorrow.
We (the community) will be happy to help you when you experience difficulties/setbacks.

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Day 4 | Balance: £992.06

Damn. What a day. In terms of goals I don't think I did exactly what I intended/planned. What I did do:
- Decide which website provider I'm going to use(cardd.co) and work on the page
- Create a Stripe account and set up all that stuff
- Work on the copywrite for the product
- Do 3.5 hours of paid work for someone I know
- Explain to one person on the internet what the product does(on this thread)
- Read/listen to $100M offers for 1 hour
- Go to the gym/exercise for 1.5 hours

What I didn't do:
- Actually finish the website
- Look at the paperwork
- Meditate

Today sucked pretty hard to be honest. I don't know what it is with my brain but I really don't think it likes me. For whatever reason I felt really depressed for a lot of today(despite doing quite a bit). I guess I just feel like I'm starting in all this too late and that I've already wasted too much time. It kinda sucks that I keep thinking about this, as I know it's completely irrational and is pretty much just purposeless pessimism that adds nothing to my life except a bit more difficulty. I need to fix that. I still feel kinda like that now so I might keep this post short. I guess most people experience this to some degree at some point however I sorta guess I'm on the wrong side of the bell curve.

In other news, I think I'm doing a great job of refining and sculpting the business into what I want, I'm prioritising spending time on making a lead generation website(as mentioned above). I think I'm going to do something where people can pre-register and pay money(I think this would be an awesome way to see if people would actually pay for what I'm selling). I'm just not sure how I can work it out, I need the money to know that people will pay, but I obviously have to keep it somewhere safe in case I can't fulfil and need to refund people. Any ideas on how to do this?

I think I feel even more motivated to put in more effort into the business after today tbh, I can easily see myself in 10, 20 years feeling the same way and I think it's very unhealthy. I'm only mentioning all this stuff also, because I think it's one of the main, if not the main thing that poses the greatest risk to my chances of success and the $1M goal.

If anyone has any opinions or thoughts feel 100% free to share them and start a discussion, even if you think I'm full of BS I'd still like to hear it and consider it.

Peace out.

Oops, almost forgot to do tomorrows goals, I guess I just want to get the website up, that's it.

Bye for real.

Last edited:

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
I guess I just feel like I'm starting in all this too late and that I've already wasted too much time.
Wait, you’re not worth £25m yet?!
Such a disappointment..

I think you’d benefit more if you’d just do it.

Stop thinking about the creation of the universe, why aren’t we on Mars yet.

Just do it. Day in / day out.

Small wins add up.

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Wait, you’re not worth £25m yet?!
Such a disappointment..

I think you’d benefit more if you’d just do it.

Stop thinking about the creation of the universe, why aren’t we on Mars yet.

Just do it. Day in / day out.

Small wins add up.
Yeah I know it's complete BS but for whatever reason I just seem to dwell on it. Thanks for responding.

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
How would you monetize it?
SAAS Structure. Users get free features but can pay additional money(e.g. $2.99 or $3.99) every month for access to more types of content, more reminders/notifications, more revision methods and analytics etc. There isn't really any comparable competition in the space right now so I might be able to raise the prices more but I feel like everybody compares subscription costs more for apps, like to Netflix or something. I might be completely wrong, and honestly I need to look more into it as it is arguably the single most important thing for the viability of the business.

I don't think I'd every runs ads, I just really hate them(and I'm assuming most other people do to but that is a big assumption) I just think they really degrade the user experience and make it feel cheap - this is just for apps btw.

Jerma

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Aug 10, 2020
Canada
SAAS Structure. Users get free features but can pay additional money(e.g. $2.99 or $3.99) every month for access to more types of content, more reminders/notifications, more revision methods and analytics etc.
So you want to do a freemium model with very low price... You will need a massive scale to get those numbers to work, and the entire time you'll need to pay for servers to serve your free users. This kind of business model isn't suited for bootstrapping. You will want to raise capital and bleed money for years if you want to pursue this... or massively raise your prices.

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
So you want to do a freemium model with very low price... You will need a massive scale to get those numbers to work, and the entire time you'll need to pay for servers to serve your free users. This kind of business model isn't suited for bootstrapping. You will want to raise capital and bleed money for years if you want to pursue this... or massively raise your prices.
You are definitely right about the scale. I guess I will need to charge closer to $20 per month to get the numbers I want. Like I said before, I really dont think the product has any comparable products in the market(whereas e.g. Netflix does) and due to the nature of the product I could say something insane like "fix your motivation/stress/relationship problems in less that 5 minutes" it obviously wouldn't fix all of those types of problems but it could a lot.

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
Cela semble vraiment cool de voir combien d'efforts vous mettez dans tbh, vous devriez être fier de faire des choses comme ça, continuez comme ça.
OK merci bien pour l'encouragement et de m'avoir répondu. C'est vraiment gentil.

Ton anglais est vraiment pas mal du tout, je peux comprendre tout ce que tu dis très bien.

Je ne pense pas que vous deviez "vous débarrasser" de qui que ce soit pour être honnête, si c'est votre famille, je ferais de leur expliquer ce que vous pensez de la situation et faites-leur savoir qu'ils ne vont pas vous convaincre de changer et qu'ils franchissent une frontière personnelle. J'aime beaucoup cette vidéo sur le sujet, regardez-la si vous êtes intéressé
Voir : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIHGcsjg15U
Ok c'est bien donc si vous me comprenez ( juste que c'est grâce au traducteur). Je ferais comme vous l'avez dit. Merci

Je pense que travailler comme agent de sécurité pour le moment est bien, vous ne risquez pas de le faire pour le reste de votre vie et vous travaillez également vers vos objectifs fastlane. Si cela vous soutient (et fait même que vos proches/amis arrêtent de vous déranger), je devrais continuerz pour le moment, j'essaie également d'obtenir un travail "slowlane".
Oui c'est vraiment ça. Bonne chance à vous pour votre recherche de boulot ''slowlane''.
C'est bien que vous y pensiez, mais je précise-vous simplement que ce que vous faites ne viole pas le commandement de l'entrée et n'existe pas déjà.
OK C'est noté ✍️.
Je dirais que si vous ne savez pas déjà coder, cela vaut peut-être la peine d'essayer d'examiner vos compétences et de voir quels autres "avantages injustes" vous avez. Avez-vous une connaissance particulière de l'industrie de la sécurité pour y avoir travaillé ?
Ok c'est sur ce point que je travaille fort. Mais j'ai l'impression que je n'évolue pas et que j'y perds du temps ( je suis entrain de maîtriser les bases de HTML5 et ccs 3.)
Oui je connais bien cette industrie ( Au fait c'est une compagnie qui recrute les jeunes gens pour les former et puis les envoyer à faire travailler dans de différentes entreprises comme agent de sécurité)
Dans l'ensemble, continuez mec, vous vous débrouillez bien. Je recommanderais certainement la lecture non scénarisée si vous ne l'avez pas déjà fait. Je ne sais pas quelles sont les règles ou comment MJ gère les choses, mais vous devriez pouvoir trouver un PDF quelque part en ligne (je viens de me rappeler que vous pouvez vous inscrire pour un essai gratuit sur audible et obtenir un crédit gratuit pour un livre audio
- qui vous pouvez utiliser pour acheter sans script, puis annuler). Bonne chance mon frère. BTW, je prendrais également mes conseils avec un énorme grain de sel, en particulier en ce qui concerne les affaires, car je n'en ai pas encore réussi et je suis juste un grand fan de l'idée de la voie rapide.
Ok merci bien, je suivrai vos conseils, Sinon à propos de livre audio j'ai déjà écouté pour ''UNSCRIPT'' sur un contenu youtube mais la personne qui lisait expliquait selon sa compréhension. Donc je crois que c'est bien de télécharger moi même sur audioble en attendant de trouver les versions PDF, comme vous l'avez dit.
Je vois que vous aussi, vous êtes très déterminer à suivre la voie rapide. C'est bien de voir les gens comme vous, continuer et du courage à vous .

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Day 5 | Balance: $989.37

Damn, today sucked, feeling depressed sucks :| Didn't do much honestly; all the more reason to double down on my efforts and really pull this out of the bag. If I manage to really get a grip on this situation I can guarantee that it will feel awesome just because of how bad things are now.

I guess this is kinda to be expected to be honest, I'm not going to be able to hit my goals everyday and sometimes it's pretty tricky. I'll definitely set lower goals for tomorrow so I can get back up. Part of the process I guess?

What I did do:
- Went to school all day
- Worked for 3 hours after school
- Worked on some small parts of the website

Goals for tomorrow:
- Write one paragraph of copy for the website

Jack Hammer

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Sep 19, 2018
Completely understandable, thanks for asking. So essentially it would be a library of ideas/information/tips from non-fiction that have been pre-compiled by people and moderated(think Wikipedia). Each idea would have a character limit for the title and in-depth description(like twitter) to make sure they can be consumed quickly. Copyright issues seem a concern, but I'd more be re-phrasing and reframing advice more than copying it verbatim, there are also tons of YouTube/blog book summaries that I'm sure don't have permission so I'm hoping it won't be a big deal.

The main USP of the app is how it can set you reminders and help you learn stuff more efficiently. So I like to think about it as an upgraded form of books, where books use stories to help you remember things, this uses repetition(i.e. from notifications) and simplicity.

An example "idea" has been attached. I've already created a 25,000 word resource bank from 100s of hours of content I've consumed over the years.

Does this clarify things at all? Do you have any more questions?
Who would compile and moderate it? Paid employees? Have you considered setting up a market where anyone could compile these summaries, get paid for each download, and a rating system could be the quality control? Perhaps you can charge by the book rather than a flat monthly fee, or have both options. Setting up a market like that might be a chicken and egg problem, but I'd imagine it would be very expensive getting enough material from paid employees to justify anyone paying $20/month or so.

For every major book out there, you can buy a summary version that some rando wrote for just a few bucks (Example: Amazon.com: [KEY SUMMARY] The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime (Top Rated 30-min Series) eBook : Woods, Chris: Kindle Store). Would this be different?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.