The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I moved to the USA from Europe - it's been a crazy year, but I'm getting the hang of it.

b.andrashko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jan 25, 2024
Florida
Hi all, Happy to be here!

Last year was crazy for me LOL. I left everything I've work hard to build in Hungary for 3 years: my job, relationship, friends and everything else. But I wanted more - and always saw US as a land of opportunities (cliche, I know).

Last year I spent settling down: getting my credit on point (720+ now!), learning where I'd like to live, making new friendships, working on my body, face, learning about the culture etc. Got a remote job, moved to Florida and opened LLC, as well as lost 25lbs, learned gym, nutrition, dress better, even started skincare routine for the first time lol.

Now, I'm finally settled and think I have pretty decent results. This gave me an idea - why don't I create some value and help people just like me: young, ambitious, driven. That's why I started on my journey, named my LLC "Ambition Hub". I shared my journey from Hungary to USA in this YT video:
View: https://youtu.be/oIj25vUFNkk?si=y-a79fcnVfly3Vwi
- please feel free to leave your feedback on it, I went over details in my journey of moving to the US of A.

Now I'm planning to move forward: build my business, complete my Digital Marketing certificate from Google (halfway through, learning a lot from it and might use it to get a promotion or a better paying marketing job - so I can invest more money into my LLC).

Happy to be here and looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida
Welcome - I watched the video - was waiting to here more about the business itself but it didn't come up much more than saying you started it - what are you working on?

As a Floridian for life I laughed a bit when you said people only speak Spanish in Miami. I think people even here in the states don't realize the situation down in south FL haha.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Feb 11, 2019
I'll have to watch this, considering moving from Europe to the US too (Eastern Europe to Miami, only been to Miami and LA).

How many states/cities did you visit before deciding on Florida? It's my top choice too. I spent 2 months in LA and just a week in Miami, but enjoyed Miami a lot more (easy to live somewhere in the downtown/Brickell area and move around from there to the Miami beach area, loved the environment too). No other state has the beach and climate like Florida does.

You probably cover this in the video, but my biggest concern is the VISA situation and working remotely. I'd prefer to keep my business activities registered in Europe.

EDIT: Okay, I saw the places you went to but you never explained how could you even stay in the US long-term. That alone requires a visa. Then, how the hell can you work there? That visa is even harder to get. I don't plan on working in the US but I'd appreciate your experience here.

Moving to the US only requires 2 things: enough money and proper visa.

Last edited:

b.andrashko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jan 25, 2024
Florida
Welcome - I watched the video - was waiting to here more about the business itself but it didn't come up much more than saying you started it - what are you working on?

As a Floridian for life I laughed a bit when you said people only speak Spanish in Miami. I think people even here in the states don't realize the situation down in south FL haha.
Thank you so much for leaving this comment! Yes, Miami is something else:) I'd wanna go back there again when I have more money, it's probably a fun place to party for a day or two or go on a yacht, but to live....

So I'm currently working on the website for my business - you can check it out here (it's not published yet, links don't work etc, I'm still working on it). My Workspace

The idea is to help ambitious newly arrived people to settle down and thrive in USA. I'm going to provide course, and a community (thinking of platforms currently, maybe Circle). Using ClickFunnels now to build funnels and a webpage, might use it for email marketing as well.

b.andrashko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jan 25, 2024
Florida
I'll have to watch this, considering moving from Europe to the US too (Eastern Europe to Miami, only been to Miami and LA).

How many states/cities did you visit before deciding on Florida? It's my top choice too. I spent 2 months in LA and just a week in Miami, but enjoyed Miami a lot more (easy to live somewhere in the downtown/Brickell area and move around from there to the Miami beach area, loved the environment too). No other state has the beach and climate like Florida does.

You probably cover this in the video, but my biggest concern is the VISA situation and working remotely. I'd prefer to keep my business activities registered in Europe.

EDIT: Okay, I saw the places you went to but you never explained how could you even stay in the US long-term. That alone requires a visa. Then, how the hell can you work there? That visa is even harder to get. I don't plan on working in the US but I'd appreciate your experience here.

Moving to the US only requires 2 things: enough money and proper visa.
Hi, thanks for reaching out and checking out the video. Would appreciate any feedback! Of course, let me explain more.

My situation is going to be a bit different than yours, I was lucky to have Ukrainian passport and moving here due to war - USA gives TPS (temporary protected status) with extensions and work authorization, SSN all that - so I'm pretty much able to work and live almost like having a greencard. The only thing is that I can't leave USA at the moment, so I'm working on getting green card or at least an ability to travel (which I heard you can do). I hope this makes sense.

So that's my papers situation.

About money: when moving to USA I definitely had savings. Those $10k I had in the beginning I spent buying a car, moving around, traveling etc. I went in debt when I was in Miami - so you need even more money when you get here. I'd definitely suggest saving up as much as possible. I was also doing Uber delivery, so that helped me stay afloat the first time. That's what a lot of people do as well.

I went to 5 different states: Oregon, Texas, NY, FL and Pennsylvania. I honestly didn't do ton of research before moving to FL - but what I liked is obviously the weather, the politics are more business friendly which I like a lot, there's no federal income tax, and everybody just seem to move here. Everyone was moving out from LA, Chicago and NY since the Covid because of high rent prices, bad economics and politics etc. Florida and Texas were growing on the other hand. I considered moving to NYC as well, but it was a huge deal to go there, you'd need even more savings and it's extremely competitive and hard for a newcomer. I've even helped my old friend from back from Ukraine to move from NY to FL - he moved to NY from Europe after me, and he couldn't survive there... But he seems to be doing very well here in Florida! Oh, and he's a software dev - but it's extremely difficult in today's market, so after 7 months here he's still looking to break into his field!

About Miami.

I'd highly suggest you do more research before you move there... It's obviously very fun and energetic city. But sometimes it gets too much. 80% of people in Miami speak Spanish, so if you don't - it'll be very hard to socialize, buy groceries even.

There's 2 Miami's - one for kinda upper-class, English-speaking people with good jobs in Brickel; also rich American and world tourists on yachts and Corvettes.

And there's 2nd Miami which isn't that advertised - Cuban and Latin American immigrants, who speak only Spanish and drive Uber as a main income for 10 years, or people who serve the rich tourists in Miami Beach. So if you goal is to settle in USA and experience American (and not Latin American culture)- I'd suggest going somewhere else, even if it's cities above Miami like Hollywood (FL), Fort Lauderdale etc. Still close to Miami but way cheaper and easier to survive. And a fact: average American who moves to Miami only lives there 1-2 years. And I saw why:) I can tell you more about this if you're interested. My job is actually located in Miami in Brickel, but I work remotely, so I decided to move to Tampa, FL - and I enjoy this city and this side of Florida way more! This city is growing and is packed by business-minded people, networking events and opportunities - and I love Saint Petersburg city, which is just across the bridge (maybe even will move there at some point).

I hope this was helpful!

Btw, where are you from in Eastern Europe, Hungary by any chance?:)

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Feb 11, 2019
Hi, thanks for reaching out and checking out the video. Would appreciate any feedback! Of course, let me explain more.

My situation is going to be a bit different than yours, I was lucky to have Ukrainian passport and moving here due to war - USA gives TPS (temporary protected status) with extensions and work authorization, SSN all that - so I'm pretty much able to work and live almost like having a greencard. The only thing is that I can't leave USA at the moment, so I'm working on getting green card or at least an ability to travel (which I heard you can do). I hope this makes sense.

So that's my papers situation.

About money: when moving to USA I definitely had savings. Those $10k I had in the beginning I spent buying a car, moving around, traveling etc. I went in debt when I was in Miami - so you need even more money when you get here. I'd definitely suggest saving up as much as possible. I was also doing Uber delivery, so that helped me stay afloat the first time. That's what a lot of people do as well.

I went to 5 different states: Oregon, Texas, NY, FL and Pennsylvania. I honestly didn't do ton of research before moving to FL - but what I liked is obviously the weather, the politics are more business friendly which I like a lot, there's no federal income tax, and everybody just seem to move here. Everyone was moving out from LA, Chicago and NY since the Covid because of high rent prices, bad economics and politics etc. Florida and Texas were growing on the other hand. I considered moving to NYC as well, but it was a huge deal to go there, you'd need even more savings and it's extremely competitive and hard for a newcomer. I've even helped my old friend from back from Ukraine to move from NY to FL - he moved to NY from Europe after me, and he couldn't survive there... But he seems to be doing very well here in Florida! Oh, and he's a software dev - but it's extremely difficult in today's market, so after 7 months here he's still looking to break into his field!

About Miami.

I'd highly suggest you do more research before you move there... It's obviously very fun and energetic city. But sometimes it gets too much. 80% of people in Miami speak Spanish, so if you don't - it'll be very hard to socialize, buy groceries even.

There's 2 Miami's - one for kinda upper-class, English-speaking people with good jobs in Brickel; also rich American and world tourists on yachts and Corvettes.

And there's 2nd Miami which isn't that advertised - Cuban and Latin American immigrants, who speak only Spanish and drive Uber as a main income for 10 years, or people who serve the rich tourists in Miami Beach. So if you goal is to settle in USA and experience American (and not Latin American culture)- I'd suggest going somewhere else, even if it's cities above Miami like Hollywood (FL), Fort Lauderdale etc. Still close to Miami but way cheaper and easier to survive. And a fact: average American who moves to Miami only lives there 1-2 years. And I saw why:) I can tell you more about this if you're interested. My job is actually located in Miami in Brickel, but I work remotely, so I decided to move to Tampa, FL - and I enjoy this city and this side of Florida way more! This city is growing and is packed by business-minded people, networking events and opportunities - and I love Saint Petersburg city, which is just across the bridge (maybe even will move there at some point).

I hope this was helpful!

Btw, where are you from in Eastern Europe, Hungary by any chance?:)
I'm from Latvia but have been traveling extensively for periods of 2 - 6 months in a row for the past 4 years. I see your points about Miami and I've heard similar, but I'm not looking for a new "home", I want to try living there for a year, specifically, either in the Downtown or even better Brickell area.

My main reason is not the climate, or the beach, or the fancy buildings, although those contribute a lot, the environment in general - it feels like a place where you just can't be slacking in any way - you have to be fit, you have to look good, you have to dress well, you have to make money, you have to be good at social interactions, etc. I see it as a solid chance to embrace discomfort and grow as I'm not the super extroverted party guy type at all. Btw, I visited Little Havana, for me it's Miami Beach, Downtown (the very center), or Brickell, everything further from the beach is an entirely different vibe, I'd go somewhere else instead.

My visa situation will likely be trickier, I plan to just visit the embassy, let them know my remote working situation, and help sort this out.

Btw, I checked Ambition Hub, loving the concept but it seems like it's made for people who are already moving to the US, or at least have everything generally prepared. Purchasing cars, and building a network, that all happens when you're already there. I believe there's more opportunity in helping people find the correct legal way to live there in the first place, and then how much money is needed, and how to get it. Every other Eastern European dream about it (except those who're too far gone and dream about nothing anymore), so there's a huge market, and coming from someone who's done it gives you a solid position.

b.andrashko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jan 25, 2024
Florida
I'm from Latvia but have been traveling extensively for periods of 2 - 6 months in a row for the past 4 years. I see your points about Miami and I've heard similar, but I'm not looking for a new "home", I want to try living there for a year, specifically, either in the Downtown or even better Brickell area.

My main reason is not the climate, or the beach, or the fancy buildings, although those contribute a lot, the environment in general - it feels like a place where you just can't be slacking in any way - you have to be fit, you have to look good, you have to dress well, you have to make money, you have to be good at social interactions, etc. I see it as a solid chance to embrace discomfort and grow as I'm not the super extroverted party guy type at all. Btw, I visited Little Havana, for me it's Miami Beach, Downtown (the very center), or Brickell, everything further from the beach is an entirely different vibe, I'd go somewhere else instead.

My visa situation will likely be trickier, I plan to just visit the embassy, let them know my remote working situation, and help sort this out.

Btw, I checked Ambition Hub, loving the concept but it seems like it's made for people who are already moving to the US, or at least have everything generally prepared. Purchasing cars, and building a network, that all happens when you're already there. I believe there's more opportunity in helping people find the correct legal way to live there in the first place, and then how much money is needed, and how to get it. Every other Eastern European dream about it (except those who're too far gone and dream about nothing anymore), so there's a huge market, and coming from someone who's done it gives you a solid position.
Oh nice, I have visited Riga - beautiful city and I liked the people a lot:)

I actually lived in Downtown Miami, right besides the opera house. And I lived for a few weeks in a hostel right in the heart of Miami Beach when I first moved there. I see what you mean about people dressing and looking the part. I thought the same - I'd be working out more and have that lifestyle. But in reality it was way different - I had to work and make money, and all this flashiness of their lifestyles was such a distraction. It was the opposite - I gained weight, looked worse etc. I realized one thing - those people who look like ballers there are actually people who already succeeded and now moved to Miami for the lifestyle. If you want to settle down in America Miami will be extremely hard. Unless of course you can have a good job BEFORE you move there. Then you can afford to live in Brickel, Downtown area in a good environment, drive a decent car that doesn't break often and network in high circles. Go for it if that's the case! I think your situation is way more different than mine, so I can't advise much - just sharing my experience:) And yeah, Miami is fake af, it's everyone for themselves there. But I was definitely able to network, go for events - I met many cool people in Hollywood area etc. I think you should experience this for yourself for sure. Miami is both love and hate for me at this point haha.

Thanks for checking out the website! I thought about it, but I don't think I'll be able to provide much value with visas and docs - I myself got lucky to move here, so I'm not sure how I can serve that niche... Besides, it might be related to all things legal and law, and I'm not sure I wanna tap into that...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...