The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to Take Instagram by Storm (So Simple Even Your Kids Can Do It)

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Do you use Instagram to market your business?

• Yes

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

Chris McCarron

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 26, 2017
Glasgow

YouTube Source: How to Get More Instagram Followers Fast 2017 & How to be Instafamous

Many of you really enjoyed the video that I shared last week. So, I want to share this one with you by Neil Patel.

Many of my clients jumped blindly onto the Instagram bandwagon without understanding the basics of how the social media platform works.

They would shrug their shoulders, think that it's a waste of time and believe that the only way to gain new followers was to show their butt in beautiful places! (it's an Instagram thing :) )

If you fall under this umbrella and fail to attract engagement to your posts or struggle to drive Instagram traffic to your website, then there's no need to worry. It's an easy fix.

In this video, Neil will talk you through four of the most important things you need to do to grow a following on Instagram.

Video description:

How to Get More Instagram Followers Fast 2017 & How to be Instafamous:

You see, there's something I almost never talked about here on my YouTube channel.

The strange part?

PEOPLE KEEP ASKING ME TO TALK ABOUT IT.

And it makes sense, too.

Even when I look back on my own personal journey, I benefited from knowing how to get more Instagram followers fast and easy.

So, if you want to know:

- How to get real Instagram followers no survey or download
- How to get your first thousand Instagram followers
- How to be Instafamous

Or if you searched for:

- How to get more Instagram followers guide
- 2017 how to get more Instagram followers tricks
- How to get more Instagram followers fast 2017

Then this video is for you.

Here's how to get more Instagram followers fast:

Step #1: 0:22

Your Instagram marketing strategy should begin with a good profile image. Ideally, something that looks professional. Instagram is a "visual" social network. So make sure your profile photo looks good.

And having a profile image isn't enough. You need to have a thorough bio that includes your name, a description of what you do, and the main benefit people will get from following you (Ex: Top 10 marketer in the world by Forbes, I teach people how to grow their traffic).

Step #2: 1:00

Want to know how to get Likes on Instagram? Create amazing, beautiful images. No matter what kind of marketing gimmicks you run, it won't work unless you focus on high-quality images. If you aren't sure on what kind of images to upload, do a search for hashtags within your niche and you'll see what has performed well in the past. Replicate that.

Step #3: 1:29

This is how to be Instafamous. You need to post on a consistent basis. Instead of posting once a week, post once to twice a day. This will cause fewer likes per photo, but it will grow your follower count faster. Consider testing the times 10 am and 6 pm as they tend to do well.

When posting, make sure you include a long description of the photo. This will cause your photo to be seen more when people use the search feature.

And make sure you include hashtags when posting each photo. Around 10 is a good start. Again this will help your photo be found when users do searches.

Step #4: 2:33

Here’s how to get more Instagram followers fast and how to get your first thousand followers.

Follow 30 people per hour. You can technically follow more but you don't want to hit Instagram's spam filters. When you follow people, make sure they are ones you are interested in and they are in your space.

This is how to get more Instagram followers fast and cause more comments. And when people leave a comment, engage and respond back because it will cause your followers to become loyal.

When you have a loyal following you can post images such as "tag a friend whom you would like to go to this destination with"... by doing this you'll notice that this is how to get more Instagram followers without following others.

Hope you enjoy my video: "How to get Instagram Followers Fast 2017 & How to be Instafamous.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Follow 30 people per hour. You can technically follow more but you don't want to hit Instagram's spam filters. When you follow people, make sure they are ones you are interested in and they are in your space.

My instagram growth was going pretty well, but I took a short break, because Instagram started blocking my follow requests, and I wanted to "get off their radar".

I have been using followliker, and had been slowly increasing the number of daily follows. At some point, Instagram didn't like it.

Do you have any recommended time limits or settings for automated following?

Is it a good idea to spread the total number of follow requests evenly throughout the day?

Chris McCarron

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 26, 2017
Glasgow
My instagram growth was going pretty well, but I took a short break, because Instagram started blocking my follow requests, and I wanted to "get off their radar".

I have been using followliker, and had been slowly increasing the number of daily follows. At some point, Instagram didn't like it.

Do you have any recommended time limits or settings for automated following?

Is it a good idea to spread the total number of follow requests evenly throughout the day?

To be honest, I've only ever heard bad things about the automated solutions which have been cracked down on by Instagram. It's based on how many you follow and unfollow within a set timeframe.

The best way is to do it manually while posting once of twice a day.

For entrepreneurship and business, I tend to find quotes work best such as:

Attachments

• ChrisMcCarronGoGoChimp.jpg
    ChrisMcCarronGoGoChimp.jpg
    469.1 KB · Views: 10
  • DA3eWIHXcAACxDA.jpg
    DA3eWIHXcAACxDA.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 8
  • EMPATHY.png
    EMPATHY.png
    959.5 KB · Views: 9

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
To be honest, I've only ever heard bad things about the automated solutions which have been cracked down on by Instagram. It's based on how many you follow and unfollow within a set timeframe.

Plenty of people have used automated solutions with much success.

I thought you'd have a more meaty answer on follow and activity limits, posing here as the Instagram guru.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
This guy sounds like a money chaser, not a value chaser.

Instagram is just another platform to market yourself. Instagram as a business model is a bad/slow business.

Chris McCarron

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 26, 2017
Glasgow
This guy sounds like a money chaser, not a value chaser.

Instagram is just another platform to market yourself. Instagram as a business model is a bad/slow business.

When has a good marketing strategy ever been bad for business? Why are so many personal brands and brands for products successful because of Instagram?

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
When has a good marketing strategy ever been bad for business? Why are so many personal brands and brands for products successful because of Instagram?
My point is, most of them were successful before Instagram.

I don't think posting pictures and running bot software is going to make you rich; rather, selling a decent product will.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
My point is, most of them were successful before Instagram.

I don't think posting pictures and running bot software is going to make you rich; rather, selling a decent product will.

Plenty of brands start as an Instagram page (mine included) but your right, to achieve organic growth and grow a following takes ALOT of work, and like you I'm not a fan at all of bot software or even #followforfollow or #likeforlike tactics, just good old fashioned content that engages, multiple times a day, rinse and repeat.. It might not be the quickest way to reach your target audience or make sales but with a medium to longer term view of growing a fan base, a strong presence on Instagram is worth it.

letter9

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Oct 31, 2015
Thanks for sharing.

We tried Instagram, but did not work for us.

I guess should find the way to generate more quality content. Or work straight with influencers to utilize their followers.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
and like you I'm not a fan at all of bot software

Why not?

If I was going to follow the followers and commenters on my competitors pages anyways, why wouldn't I just save an hour a day and have a bot do the exact same thing for me?

Some follow me back, like my product better, and end up buying.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Why not?

If I was going to follow the followers and commenters on my competitors pages anyways, why wouldn't I just save an hour a day and have a bot do the exact same thing for me?

People like to connect with people, if I post a video and get a generic "nice photo" or comment like that which has nothing whatsoever to do with my post they haven't really engaged me or my followers have they? People see through it. Not saying it doesn't work as plenty on here have discussed, maybe its just a personal preference. Whatever works for you my friend :thumbsup:

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
People like to connect with people, if I post a video and get a generic "nice photo" or comment like that which has nothing whatsoever to do with my post they haven't really engaged me or my followers have they? People see through it. Not saying it doesn't work as plenty on here have discussed, maybe its just a personal preference. Whatever works for you my friend :thumbsup:

I didn't say anything about commenting. Auto-commenting is a great way to get banned.

How's someone going to know if a couple likes and a follow is spammy or not? Maybe some would think it's weird, and wouldn't engage with me back. That's fine. Plenty see a like and come check out the page and I end up with a follow, however.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
I didn't say anything about commenting. Auto-commenting is a great way to get banned.

How's someone going to know if a couple likes and a follow is spammy or not? Maybe some would think it's weird, and wouldn't engage with me back. That's fine. Plenty see a like and come check out the page and I end up with a follow, however.
Yep very true, for liking pages and people, particularly at the start I'm sure its quite powerful. I'm no expert on Instagram, whatever works to grow your page and engage with people is a good outcome.

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
Following this thread - things are going to get interesting in here.

That said, while Instagram might not work as a marketing platform for many users' business, it's foolish to rule it out completely as a valid marketing platform.

No one disagrees that product quality is important. I absolutely agree that if you build a quality product, that it should indeed sell. That said, before people can buy your product based on superior quality, they have to have found your product first! Simply because your product is marketed on social media/SEM/flyers whatever does not mean that the quality must be of a lower standard.

Instagram is a wonderful marketing platform for businesses that benefit from highly visual marketing tactics. For example, a new food and beverage company can really benefit from showing high quality pictures of their food to their followers. A natural cosmetics company could benefit wonderfully by posting How-It's-Made videos for their products. Hell, even Square (ecommerce payment processor) does very well on Instagram by showing use cases of small businesses, or well-taken photos of their product in action.

Not to say that Instagram is the be-all-end-all, or that it's vital to any marketing campaign, but, much like many social media platforms, it can work very profitably for your business.

D

Deleted2BB3x9

Why not?

I use InstaZood now. Just registered for the 3 day trial. Prices aren't bad, it's 9.99$ a month.

Last edited by a moderator:

LokoVibre

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Aug 31, 2014
Tallahassee, Florida
I use to use instagress,, what do you use now?
I use <link removed by mod> now - schedule, manage, and automate your instagram posting. I knock out a months worth of posts in 30 minutes now that I've created this program and am letting others try it for a week, free of charge. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.