The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you go about asking people what their problems are?

Willing2Learn

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 25, 2017
United States
I made these two posts a few days ago:

GOLD - Save Yourself Years Of Frustration; It Worked For Me!

But I feel this question is deserving of its own thread, because there are hardly any threads about it.

I get the philosophy. Forget about money, and just start helping people. It seems easy enough, right?

Yes, and at the same time, No.

Here is my take on it (taken from my two posts):

For instance, do I walk into a Stop and Shop, go up to some random customer, and ask them if there is a problem they need help with?

What if they decide to say, in a rude manner, something like "Yeah, you can help carry my bags to the car."

Or what if they look at you weird, or think you're some kind of creep?

So what I'm really asking is, how do you go about asking or finding out people's problems?

Going up to random strangers, people are going to look at you odd, or think you have an ulterior motive, or that you are trying to sell them something.

Aside from asking people about their problems on the Internet, or browsing forums and seeing what people are complaining about, and trying to find a solution to their problems, the only other way I see of finding about people's problems is just getting out there and asking them. This means going into stores, like Walmart, Stop and Shop, Home Depot, etc.

Do I just have to get over my fear of walking up to strangers and outright asking them?

And am I really the only one that feels this way?

I was let go from my job over two weeks ago, and I don't really know many people personally, that I can help. So aside from going out to the bookstore, and reading and doing research online, I don't know how to go about asking people about what their problems are. Yes, I'm an introvert, and I'm okay when I talk to people. I've been told that I connect real well with people. But most of the people I've dealt with in the real world, was at my job. I worked for Walmart, so I dealt with so many people on a daily basis. I have had a ton of customer compliments throughout the years.

I really wish there were more threads addressing this issue.

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB

My take - and this is really just me. When you actually ASK people what they want, they typically cannot articulate it because the rational part of our brains isn't what drives behaviour. And half the times when someone does say something, especially if you ask them questions that guide their answers, they'll tell you things that aren't actually true. I've been in this position before where I thought I was uncovering needs, but I was really just asking people "Wouldn't you use this if it existed" and they say "yes". Which is exactly what I want to hear.

The best way if you have a hunch that a need exists, is validate it. Create a landing page (which can be done quickly in this day and age), see if people will actually part ways with their money for it.

In my opinion, a good part of entrepreneurship is intuition. Sensing a problem, or something that can be improved - which you get better at over time. And honestly, you don't need world or career experience to build a business, but after working in a corporate environment for 5 years - I had a really good feel of the types of problems consumers and even businesses face. Sometimes you need career experience to discover problems.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Go out on the street with a clipboard or just use memory and poll people on the street, asking what are some problems or incomvinces they have in life. I am in the pet industry and have walked up to dig owners and said Hi I'm just asking people what are some problems they face in pet ownership. They will say whatever and then you come up with a service or product to solve that priblem. One person said there is not enough garbages to throw out crap, so how about inventing a dog crap bag holder? Another person said no time to walk they're dog, how about starting a dog walking buisness? Solve a problem, solve a need. Do it on a mass scale and you are retired for life. Make someone's life better and yours will be better in return. You have a fear of talking to strangers? Go talk to 10 people on the street after you read this. Very easy, grow some grande cojones señor. Entrenpeurship is doing the opposite of the masses (99%) is an irrational fear going to hold you back from freedom ? You are concerned of the opinion of others? Go out there and find gold, otherwise a traditional life of paycheque to paycheque is waiting for you if your not willing to leave your comfort zone

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Go chug a redbull and gulp down a cofee watching Shia laboeuf just do it YouTube video. Bonus points if you copy him and scream along

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska

So what I'm really asking is, how do you go about asking or finding out people's problems?

Aside from asking people about their problems on the Internet, or browsing forums and seeing what people are complaining about, and trying to find a solution to their problems, the only other way I see of finding about people's problems is just getting out there and asking them. This means going into stores, like Walmart, Stop and Shop, Home Depot, etc.

Do I just have to get over my fear of walking up to strangers and outright asking them?

I was let go from my job over two weeks ago, and I don't really know many people personally, that I can help. So aside from going out to the bookstore, and reading and doing research online, I don't know how to go about asking people about what their problems are. Yes, I'm an introvert, and I'm okay when I talk to people. I've been told that I connect real well with people. But most of the people I've dealt with in the real world, was at my job. I worked for Walmart, so I dealt with so many people on a daily basis. I have had a ton of customer compliments throughout the years.

I talk to everyone. (It drives my husband crazy because he's an introvert.) I usually start by smiling and comments on something they are wearing or something that they are doing. For example -- When I see a kid dressed in pink, I tell them I know their secret favorite color must be pink. Usually that makes them laugh, which draws in both the kid and the parent. Everyone's favorite subject is themselves, so I try to draw them out about themselves. I start with the small stuff and develop a conversation with them. I ask a lot of open ended questions-- like asking what is their today's great adventure. They usually laugh and tell me about their plans. I am really interested in all the different life stories that I hear. I love to study people, what they do and why they do it. Shine the light of attention on them, and you don't have to feel like you are on the hot seat. Does this help you?

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
If I remember I'll post something here. I call businesses everyday and I get very deep conversations. I record them too.

If I remember I'll edit one and post it here.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
I've spent time thinking about this and trying different things. Over time I came up with a few pretty good solutions. From using data and current trends to actually testing ideas with paid traffic.

Here's one method that I suggest trying if you actually want people to talk to:

Build an email list. Mail it frequently. You'll uncover something, usually without even asking.

Example: If you want to get into the prostate niche:

Build an email list. Mail it frequently about prostate stuff. You'll discover a product. Then sell the product to that list.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
People will tell you their problems if you just ask + listen.

If you're at a networking event held by the Chamber of Commerce, or at a learning seminar, or at some sort of function, people are there for a reason and it's not just because 'it seemed like a fun time'.

Get to know them, small talk, then ask how everything's going in the business. Also don't be afraid to open up about your issues, because there might be a mutual fit. They might be able to fix a problem you have.

Or you go into a restaurant on a slow day. Make small talk with the person at the counter, who might be the owner (especially if it's real slow).

It's kind of just a normal human thing to ask people about what's on their mind. It's empathy. Give a damn about them. Be a 'perfect stranger' and maybe there's a fit.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
IRL... "Spend your money on diesel and coffee", and simply asking "How's business going?"

Online... responding to people who're stuck or who're asking questions.

Generally... I just chat to people all the time, without trying to make anything happen.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just to add more to this...

I personally don't ask people what their problems are.

I just get talking to people, observe what people are doing, or observe how people react to things.

Asking people what their problems are seems a bit strange to me. Not saying it's not a thing, because it is. Just that I'd rather observe what people ask *me* for, or how they react to offers I put out there.

Anyway, I'm guessing you want to know how to help people and get paid to do so. That's what you're doing, and why. Asking about problems is just one way how to do that.

What if you just asked people "can I help you?" or "do you need any help?". Are those other ways how to get the same thing done?

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
My script is something like:

Hi my name is Jordan. I'm an Entrepreneur and I'm calling because I am doing research on Y Niche for a project.

My research is finding a common frustration or problem with Y Niche so that I might be able to come up with a solution.

Do you have 5 minutes to talk?

Couple things I've notice thus far:
  • Some niches are just hard to crack. I remember calling over 500 Veterinarians... Tough bunch if you want to talk to Actual Vets. Most of the time I talked with the Office Mgr or a Technician. But it was still hard to talk to a Office Mgr. I had to call MULTIPLE times and remind them.
  • It should be fairly easy. Dont make this a hair pulling exercise.
Again though, I am trying different tactics. Its a bit of the "long way". HOWEVER if you try the build a blog/interview people way, you might easily get ahold of those Veterinarians or whomever seems unavailable to take your call... constantly.

Van Halen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Mar 3, 2017
United Kingdom
My script is something like:

Hi my name is Jordan. I'm an Entrepreneur and I'm calling because I am doing research on Y Niche for a project.

My research is finding a common frustration or problem with Y Niche so that I might be able to come up with a solution.

Do you have 5 minutes to talk?

Couple things I've notice thus far:
  • Some niches are just hard to crack. I remember calling over 500 Veterinarians... Tough bunch if you want to talk to Actual Vets. Most of the time I talked with the Office Mgr or a Technician. But it was still hard to talk to a Office Mgr. I had to call MULTIPLE times and remind them.
  • It should be fairly easy. Dont make this a hair pulling exercise.
Again though, I am trying different tactics. Its a bit of the "long way". HOWEVER if you try the build a blog/interview people way, you might easily get ahold of those Veterinarians or whomever seems unavailable to take your call... constantly.
What were the responses like? Have you uncovered any needs this way? Are people weirded out at first?

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
What were the responses like? Have you uncovered any needs this way? Are people weirded out at first?
Sure some people were like "what do you have to gain?" "Why are you doing this?" But it really doesn't matter what they say.
JUST.DO.IT.

I've turned negative conversations around too. Either that or politely excuse yourself.

It sucks when the world is in such a place that other people think you have ulterior motives. <-- YEAH ID LIKE TO SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM!! THATS MY ULTERIOR MOTIVE!!

Other people think its awesome and are happy to talk with me. YOU'LL ALWAYS GET THE BAD WITH THE GOOD NO MATTER THE NICHE. NO MATTER WHO YOU TALK TO!

Just think, I am going to build a PDF or whatnot that will no doubt help many people. I bet people will still complain though.

IDGAF

** Oh and I've uncovered PLENTY, PLENTY of needs this way **

btw: Don't interview the Police like I have. They always think you have ulterior motives or are terrorists or something dumb.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011

But I feel this question is deserving of its own thread, because there are hardly any threads about it.

I get the philosophy. Forget about money, and just start helping people. It seems easy enough, right?

Yes, and at the same time, No.

Here is my take on it (taken from my two posts):

For instance, do I walk into a Stop and Shop, go up to some random customer, and ask them if there is a problem they need help with?

What if they decide to say, in a rude manner, something like "Yeah, you can help carry my bags to the car."

Or what if they look at you weird, or think you're some kind of creep?

Going up to random strangers, people are going to look at you odd, or think you have an ulterior motive, or that you are trying to sell them something.

Thank....Fu*king...God....

Do you have any clue how far ahead of the curve you are compared to most people out there running around "looking for business ideas". They run around doing that, chasing money, distracted by the shiny objects, and they just run around in circles like a chicken with their heads cut off. #sonotvegan

You understand that business is about solving problems.

Just the fact that you fully realize this understanding, means you are going to be successful. It's a huge shift that most people never make.

BUT...

Being where you've been before, I still see one little thing that is getting in the way of being where you want to be. That one shift that you can make in your approach, which once you make it, is the difference that makes all of the difference.

There is a famous "Business idea extraction" training program out there which teaches first-time entrepreneurs to cold-call businesses and logically interview people to extract ideas from them. While I like the progress it has made for the first-time entrepreneur community, it's largely ineffective.

Actually, scratch that. Inefficient is the better term to use.

You can drill away through 500 cold calls to arrive at finding the pain point you need to solve....

Or you could do it the easy(errr) way...

You see, the answer comes when you understand the flow of natural human behavior. You ever hear that saying "People buy emotionally, not logically"?

When you go approach people from the "I want to ask them ideas for a business idea extraction" standpoint, it taps into the wrong part of their being. You activate all the noise, the chatter, the logical thinking part of the brain...

When this part of the brain is activated, it drowns out the part of the human being that is responsible for the natural desires, the natural fears, the natural desires.

This morning, I climbed of one of the mountains here in Colorado.

There was a cloud of fog encompassing the entire city, looking like a dreary day. But once I made it high enough on the mountain, I climbed through the fog and had one of the most beautiful scenes I could ever imagine.

23269817_1332323350209677_714398813_o.jpg

As I was making my way down from the summit, there are these two middle-aged women a short ways in front of me talking about the female orgasm and how it is so difficult to achieve during intercourse for a lot of women. Sensing me behind them, they were kind of cryptic in their language, but I knew enough to know what they were talking about.

"What's the point (of sex), when you can't reach that..." one of them frustratingly said to the other before seeing me.

In this natural flow of consciousness, and this natural flow of emotions, I sensed this frustration they were feeling.
  • It's these frustrations that occur naturally which allow us entrepreneurs to truly understand the pain points in the market.
  • It's these desires that occur naturally which allow us entrepreneurs to truly understand the things people desire in the market.
As I walk down past them, I have a smile on my face and comment out loud "This is probably the second most interesting conversation I'll have today."

They laughed.

"Hypnosis..." was my response.

"No, we were talking about...uhh....something else." One of them said as she made a motion with her arms to symbolize what they were talking about, "Sex.."

"I know...Hypnosis is your solution. A lot of reasons why females can't orgasm comes from mental and emotional reasons, not physical." Look it up on Google...

As I pass by them on the trail and make my way down, one of the ladies comments out loud, "We should go to YOU!" as they both break out in laughter.

Granted, I had the knowledge and experience to know the solution to the problem, but the main purpose of this article was to demonstrate how I naturally paid attention to the natural flow of emotions as people naturally talk about things.

What would happen if I go up to random women hiking through the mountains and asked them, "Excuse me, I have a question for you. I'm trying to do a business idea extraction. Can you please tell me about your pain points, struggles, and desires in the bedroom."

Pepper spray?

Restraining order?

What the fu*k does this dude want from me?

Generally... I just chat to people all the time, without trying to make anything happen.

Andy knows that I'm talking about....

From a psychological perspective:
  1. There is the Logical Thinking Mind.
  2. There is the Unconscious Mind (where all the behavior originates from).
Beyond that is a bunch of spiritual stuff that goes beyond this...

But if you think of yourself in the front row of a large concert, right next to the speaker. The concert didn't begin get, and you're talking on your cell phone. The cell phone is your connection to the unconscious mind. The moment the speakers are turned on and the music begins blasting through it, the Logical Thinking Mind drowns out the message you're trying to hear from the part of the mind that is responsible for natural human behavior.

You try to hear the voice through the phone, but the loudspeaker drowns it out.

That's why trying to logically ask for pain points becomes so difficult when you activate the "loudspeaker" of the Thinking Logical Mind.

So looping back to the original question...

Stop creeping out people with the 'business idea extraction' interrogation, and start tapping into the natural flow of human behavior.

I really need to print business cards, because I would have gotten two customers this morning...

I could tell by the one lady's response when she got excited and said "We should go to YOU."

Going forward on your journey, when you clear your mind and intent; and start listening.

And more importantly, STOP activating the loudspeaker, the emotions you feel (frustration, anger, pain, excitement, desire, etc.) will naturally appear in your awareness.

It's also not the thoughts and the logic, but tune into the emotions you feel from people when they naturally talk about things.

When you get to sales, you know people buy emotionally, so crafting your solutions around their existing emotions is more effective then the logical thoughts (which don't drive human behavior to buy products, or with sales.)

There is when you go looking for it ;)

ome niches are just hard to crack. I remember calling over 500 Veterinarians... Tough bunch if you want to talk to Actual Vets. Most of the time I talked with the Office Mgr or a Technician.

Funny you mention this. I was hanging out with these two girls in Fort Collins, Colorado the other night.

It's part of a meetup group called Vibe Tribe. Both of them are Veterinarians. They were talking about how one breed of cat goes batshit crazy hyper when they deliver the current drug on the market for sedating the animals for surgery. I forget the breed of the cat, but it does not blend well with whatever drug it is.

What if there was a specific drug given to this kind of cat, which doesn't have the same type of effect?

Would that be well-received by veterinarians everywhere?

Maybe...

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
I never strait off the bat ask people what their problems are unless they have 30 seconds.

I talk about their day, their tasks what they enjoy and then... *Drumroll*... what they DONT like doing. Its more like a conversation. Equally weird, is randomly calling people up just to have a conversation... So I always preframe the convo before hand.

I've gotten quite good at this, its still a #s game though. I've called over 50 people today, haven't spoken with one... probably just because its Friday.

Business is just like PU. Except it takes longer haha. And the fact that if you tell a girl you JUST MET (within 30 sec or less) that you find her cute, it will go much better than weeks later or months or even an hour later.

Willing2Learn

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 25, 2017
United States
Just the fact that you fully realize this understanding, means you are going to be successful. It's a huge shift that most people never make.
Thank you. I appreciate that sentiment. I just wish I felt confident about that.

You see, the answer comes when you understand the flow of natural human behavior. You ever hear that saying "People buy emotionally, not logically"?
Yes, this is true.

What would happen if I go up to random women hiking through the mountains and asked them, "Excuse me, I have a question for you. I'm trying to do a business idea extraction. Can you please tell me about your pain points, struggles, and desires in the bedroom."

Pepper spray?

Restraining order?

What the fu*k does this dude want from me?
I agree. But if you're in public, let's say for example, you're standing on line in a bagel shop, and no one is talking. You can initialize small talk, and have it be friendly and talk about things like the weather, etc. But at some point, you may have to just flat out ask them how are things going, and if they have a problem that needs a solution. People NEVER make the first move. They never initialize the chat. So as entrepreneurs, we have to be the ones to do this. There is no easy solution.

That's why trying to logically ask for pain points becomes so difficult when you activate the "loudspeaker" of the Thinking Logical Mind.

Stop creeping out people with the 'business idea extraction' interrogation, and start tapping into the natural flow of human behavior.
Again, I agree. But it's not always easy. Maybe I need to screw up several times in order to get it. People never open up about themselves, at least initially. It's up to us to ask, and sometimes it can be hard to receive the natural flow of information because people don't always talk.

I really need to print business cards, because I would have gotten two customers this morning...

On that note, what do you think about this idea I'm about to do? I want to use WordPress to build a website, and make 50 business cards (just for starting out), so that if people are interested in contacting me after I have made good conversation with them, the business cards will have my contact info and a link to my website, which states what I do. "Listening to people's problems and coming up with solutions to them." And on the website they can leave comments and feedback, or any ideas they feel should be done. I definitely agree that having some business cards would come in handy.

Going forward on your journey, when you clear your mind and intent; and start listening.
Definitely agree. However, you can't listen if they don't talk. And sometimes the only way to get them to talk is to initiate small talk or ask a question.

There is when you go looking for it ;)
I didn't see any, honestly. If you want to say I wasn't looking hard enough, that's fine, and I'll accept that. But I only make threads when I honestly can't find something similar to what I'm looking for.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to reply to this thread. And the same to you Andy Black and everyone else that replied. Every little bit of advice helps. :)

Perhaps we can sticky this thread, so others who have the same problem can use it as reference? I think on this forum it is called Notable right?

Last edited:

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I agree. But if you're in public, let's say for example, you're standing on line in a bagel shop, and no one is talking. You can initialize small talk, and have it be friendly and talk about things like the weather, etc. But at some point, you may have to just flat out ask them how are things going, and if they have a problem that needs a solution. People NEVER make the first move. They never initialize the chat. So as entrepreneurs, we have to be the ones to do this. There is no easy solution.
For this one....

The answer I found is to get out there into the world more. Meetup groups, events, etc. The more people you touch base with with niche interests surround you with people within different markets. So where the 'people not opening up' is lacking, it is made up in the amount of interactions you have.

For the thread: Not on the exact topic, but it's a collection of things I wrote along the lines of this same topic.
Free Workshop: For anyone struggling to find a business idea.

I have a lot of real, honest feedback to your entire replies to me....

BUT I want to make suer you are open to real, brutal, honest feedback, which might strike the ego a bit before I type it.

On that note, I'm going for a 'full moon' hike up in the mountains through a meetup group...right now.

Willing2Learn

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 25, 2017
United States
For the thread: Not on the exact topic, but it's a collection of things I wrote along the lines of this same topic.
Free Workshop: For anyone struggling to find a business idea.
Thanks, I'll check it out.

I have a lot of real, honest feedback to your entire replies to me....

BUT I want to make suer you are open to real, brutal, honest feedback, which might strike the ego a bit before I type it.
It's okay. Don't worry about bruising my ego. I know that my ego is not important, and that only through having an attitude of humility, can one learn and grow. If you have something to say, fire away. I won't take offense.

On that note, I'm going for a 'full moon' hike up in the mountains through a meetup group...right now.
Have fun. :)

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
"Yeah, you can help carry my bags to the car."

Business ideas based on your quote:

A bag handle capable of comfortably handling 4+ bags of groceries.
A store design where you leave your bags then drive through and they put them in your car.
A pedometer app that counts steps you take in a store then gives you discounts accordingly.
A parking system that automatically pulls your car up to the storefront when you check out.
Shoe design that gets more comfortable the more weight you put on them.
A fitness app that gives you credit for physical exertion.
Uber for groceries, where anyone can help you take them out for a few bucks.

You can do this with any kind of input. The question is "are you willing to execute on your ideas".

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Willing2Learn

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 25, 2017
United States
A fitness app that gives you credit for physical exertion.
You know what I really like about this idea? It can be expanded upon.

You know how so many people are obsessed and addicted to gaming, whether it be on their phones, PCs, or Ipads? They are addicted to games like Clash of Clans and RPGs, games that reward them for investing their time in the game, such as leveling up their characters, exploring and doing side-quests, etc.

What about a fitness app that gives you experience points, more HP, Gold, Stamina, and Strength, just like it would in a video game, only that you gain these things by how hard you workout at the gym?

Making a game out of it would may make people feel more eager to hit the gym. More people would work out, and lose more weight, and feel better about themselves. Just a thought.

Nevertheless, thanks for the idea! :)

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
You know what I really like about this idea? It can be expanded upon.

You know how so many people are obsessed and addicted to gaming, whether it be on their phones, PCs, or Ipads? They are addicted to games like Clash of Clans and RPGs, games that reward them for investing their time in the game, such as leveling up their characters, exploring and doing side-quests, etc.

What about a fitness app that gives you experience points, more HP, Gold, Stamina, and Strength, just like it would in a video game, only that you gain these things by how hard you workout at the gym?

Making a game out of it would may make people feel more eager to hit the gym. More people would work out, and lose more weight, and feel better about themselves. Just a thought.

Nevertheless, thanks for the idea! :)

Pokemon go...

Anuj Raman

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
362%
Nov 1, 2017
INDIA
Use email-marketing.

Set up opt-ins on your landing page or wherever you prefer and collect their emails.
If people are giving you their email, then it means that they are interested in the problem you are solving in that particular niche.

Now you can ask them in your very first introductory (or later) email questions like:
"What can I help you with" or
"What are you struggling with?"

People will more likely to be open about their problems if you ask them these questions via email. (because it's personal and somewhat anonymous)

But the thing is you have to reply to every single one of their email and address their problems otherwise you will not be able to establish trust with your email list.

Ramit Sethi does this very successfully. I might never buy what he has to sell, but I opted for his emails because I wanted to learn and see how he is able establish trust with his fans using email.

Disclaimer: Please be smart with this. Add value first and then ask them what they are struggling with, otherwise no one will trust you and be open with you about their problems and struggling points.

Last edited:

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
"I agree. But
But
People NEVER make the first move.
They never initialize the chat.
There is no easy solution.
Again, I agree. But
Definitely agree. However,"

We have beliefs that we assume to be true about the world we live in. We also make up generalizations about things we assume to be true.

You have a collection of past experiences when things worked our (or didn't work out) a certain way for you. These past experiences create thoughts and emotions as well as attitudes and belief systems.

Often times, we get locked into one way of thinking, and have a fixed mindset (instead of a growth one).

When we use words such as BUT or HOWEVER in our language, it is a hint into our thought processes, and in many instances the part of your brain that needs to listen to the words (the unconscious mind - not the logical mind), immediately dismisses any of the information that conflicts with your existing beliefs.

The beliefs that it's hard, you have to be the one to initiate, and a few other things are limiting beliefs that hold you back.

What I found works best for me is to train myself to pick up on emotions of pain, frustration or desire and aspirations. The more people I interact with from different walks of life through various social activities has opened up the door to so many problems that I notice in the world that need to be fixing.

One of the guys on the hiking trail last night with the group is into backpacking, and deep-wilderness camping. He was talking to another member of the group about the frustrations when it comes to the type of gas stoves they use, working in some instances but not in others.

If I wanted to start a business in that field, I know that the wilderness and backpacking market is out there needing help.

If I wanted to start a business solving problems for that market, I'd open my ears up more there and act on it. But that market is not of interest to me now.

All of this continues to come my way, with these new insights simply by opening my ears, and releasing the limiting beliefs about how people NEVER open up like that, or how we HAVE TO be the ones to initiate.

And from my experience in transformational psychology - using the words BUT or HOWEVER are hints of locking us in previous belief systems, which are often times not effective.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.