The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hopefully I'll make a consistent start

Donkky12

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
May 28, 2020
Australia/Singapore
Hi,

I am a 27 year old male from Singapore, currently living in Melbourne, Australia as a temporary resident. I always wanted to start something (a business) since i was 12. I joined many communities, mostly internet marketing, web developing etc. as it was the cheapest way to start something with very cheap monthly hosting. Well, I made a few dollars here and there but it was a long time ago. Maybe 5-6 years ago and i stopped. Now, I gave my life a good thought, i always find myself stopping halfway and not finishing what I want to do. Seems like what you call a multipotentialite, always having different interests and pursuit in life. For instance, I have a bachelor's in business, but my postgraduate study was teaching, almost totally unrelated. Sometimes, i feel this hinders my growth but I want to use this to my advantage. For instance, I could start a blog that covers all my interest (but it wouldn't have a niche?). These examples also highlighted another issue of mine. Discipline and consistency. I told myself i want to gym, i start for a month and i stopped. I bought the intelligent investor, read it a few years back but only bought my first stock just this year. This explains a lot isn't it? I'm 27, my dream of having something started from 12 and today, still zilch apart from being recently married last year.

Finally, today I decide to instill some discipline and focus towards myself (I've downloaded apps like daylio to keep track of my moods and goals etc.). To stay focus on what i need to do to succeed. I'm starting with reading the millionaire fastlane (I just bought the e-book from Apple books last night). I've read the synopsis and I believe it is in tune with me while strengthening its effectiveness together with this community while I can develop myself into what is needed to succeed with people of the same mindset or interests.

Thank you for reading and maybe, you can shed some light if you've experienced what i've experienced with your wiser experiences?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
I have a bachelor's in business, but my postgraduate study was teaching, almost totally unrelated
Almost, although it does enable you to teach business.
It hasn't stopped other other lecturers who have no real business experience from doing it.
I could start a blog that covers all my interest (but it wouldn't have a niche?).
You could, but to what end?
The blog itself won't make money, it's usually used to drive traffic to a paid destination.
Finally, today I decide to instill some discipline and focus towards myself (I've downloaded apps like daylio to keep track of my moods and goals etc.).
When you read TMF , take note of action faking.
Thank you for reading and maybe, you can shed some light if you've experienced what i've experienced with your wiser experiences?
I've come to the conclusion that I'll never know everything that needs to be known about my intended ventures.
There'll never be a right time to start & I won't be fully prepared.
Provided the idea isn't total fantasy it's best to to make a start & take action.
Even the longest journey begins with one step.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Discipline comes down to making the right choices on time scales that are inversely proportional to your current level of discipline.

If you are super disciplined, you're thinking in terms of long term time horizons. You are able to consistently make the right choices when presented with the opportunity to waste time.

If you lack discipline, you're thinking in terms of short term time horizons. You consistently make the wrong choices when presented with the opportunity to waste time.

Something to try: take it in 10 minute intervals. You don't have to do the right thing forever, just for the next 10 minutes.

Bonus tip: Learn to identify the sensation of slipping up. Part of the problem is that when we get off track, it can take a long time to get back on track. Learn to minimize the amount of time it takes to get back on track, and best of all, learn to identify it while it is happening and stop it right there.

Discipline is like anything else. The more you practice the easier it gets.

samtrivedi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
May 30, 2020
India
Hi,

I am a 27 year old male from Singapore, currently living in Melbourne, Australia as a temporary resident. I always wanted to start something (a business) since i was 12. I joined many communities, mostly internet marketing, web developing etc. as it was the cheapest way to start something with very cheap monthly hosting. Well, I made a few dollars here and there but it was a long time ago. Maybe 5-6 years ago and i stopped. Now, I gave my life a good thought, i always find myself stopping halfway and not finishing what I want to do. Seems like what you call a multipotentialite, always having different interests and pursuit in life. For instance, I have a bachelor's in business, but my postgraduate study was teaching, almost totally unrelated. Sometimes, i feel this hinders my growth but I want to use this to my advantage. For instance, I could start a blog that covers all my interest (but it wouldn't have a niche?). These examples also highlighted another issue of mine. Discipline and consistency. I told myself i want to gym, i start for a month and i stopped. I bought the intelligent investor, read it a few years back but only bought my first stock just this year. This explains a lot isn't it? I'm 27, my dream of having something started from 12 and today, still zilch apart from being recently married last year.

Finally, today I decide to instill some discipline and focus towards myself (I've downloaded apps like daylio to keep track of my moods and goals etc.). To stay focus on what i need to do to succeed. I'm starting with reading the millionaire fastlane (I just bought the e-book from Apple books last night). I've read the synopsis and I believe it is in tune with me while strengthening its effectiveness together with this community while I can develop myself into what is needed to succeed with people of the same mindset or interests.

The first step is you need to be clear on what you want to do in life. We all go through this phase when we are unclear about what we want to do. This leads to multiple options based on the attraction that we see and read. If you are not clear about your goals then you will be attracted towards everything including blogging, YouTubing, app making, etc.

Assuming that you are clear that you want to be an entrepreneur then the next step is - just start. Make a list of all the milestones that you want to achieve and proceed towards it. Don't wait for anything. Start with what you have. Start with what you know.

Here is the golden rule on how to be consistent and achieve anything in life:

Start small. Super small. So small that you feel like laughing on yourself. So small that you feel worthless doing it. But still do it in the smallest possible way. For example, let say you want to blog, and here are the milestones:
  • Find a topic
  • Research
  • Write and edit
Now make sure that you break this into the smallest possible action and then do it. Something like this:
  • I will research the topic only for 10 minutes daily. If 10 looks more then go with 5 minutes
  • Once the topic is clear give yourself some minutes daily on research
  • When it comes to writing write only a few words or a couple of lines daily
  • Then some more and then some more
Gradually you will progress in the fastest possible way because daily consistent action compounds.

The idea here is not to stress your brain and still take action. Once you take small action your brain is motivated because it accomplished something without being stressed out. Then it will ask for more. And you will reach your destination.

Have big dreams, start small.

People spend ages thinking of doing something consistently but always fail. This strategy will work. The start looks a bit slow here but success and achieving your goals is guaranteed.

I know many people who have gone big with this strategy. And you will too. All the best.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest1413tpa

Fellow blogger (rather newsletter creator) here.

Take a look at creating a newsletter and gaining an audience that way.

Also, if you use voice dictation, it makes the writing process alot easier. I start with a bullet point in my Field Notes book (10/10 reccomend!), and then use that to drive dictation via Google Docs or iOS.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...