The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Had my cheese, saved my cheese, time to become the scientist

Hagi

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jul 29, 2021
The Netherlands
Hi, I’m Hagi, a new started problemologist

I like to take this opportunity to introduce myself on this forum.

I’m 36 years old, have two kids and an awesome girlfriend. Living in the Netherlands, in a new build great house, 2 nice cars and we both have respectable management positions. I even have my own mancave with build in gym and gaming corner. Yes people, we are living the dream… not really.

Working as an employee is slowly killing me from the inside. I had my FTE some years ago, but I did not act on it the right way. Instead I convinced myself that I am privileged and that many would want to be in my position. Besides there was a baby on the way. 6 months later I decided to quit my job anyway to be a personal trainer. Because of course, doing what you love for money is a great idea . I was very good at it, but the pay was awful and the fun disappeared within months. I dragged myself back into employment so at least the pay was better and I have been there for 3 years now.

I’ve been reading up a lot in the last six months and transformed myself from a spending rat to a good little savings rat. That is until three months ago I stumbled upon the fastlane millionaire. That book really changed my perspective and gave me new hope. Meanwhile, I also read unscripted and the newest book: the great rat race escape . Wow. I got my girlfriend onboard and right now she is reading the latest book as well. That means she is reading the story about the two characters and every evening we have “book club” where I summarize the underlying principles and strategies. Great way to get her involved. We just finished our 10/5/1 Planasy and are starting our brainstorm evenings next week. I even can add the first business failure to my resume. Things are looking up, the joy this first endeavor brought me is something that I haven’t experienced in a long time. For that, I am grateful, and it motivates me to work my a$$ off.

I would like to thank MJ DeMarco for opening my eyes and for inspiring me to better and pursue my dreams. Also thanks to the forum users for the great content you created here. I hope to learn a lot from it, and in turn contribute in my own way to the community.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I’ve been reading up a lot in the last six months and transformed myself from a spending rat to a good little savings rat. That is until three months ago I stumbled upon the fastlane millionaire. That book really changed my perspective and gave me new hope. Meanwhile, I also read unscripted and the newest book: the great rat race escape . Wow. I got my girlfriend onboard and right now she is reading the latest book as well. That means she is reading the story about the two characters and every evening we have “book club” where I summarize the underlying principles and strategies. Great way to get her involved.

Music to my ears. Thank you sir for the feedback.

So how it the entrpreneurial / business climate in the Netherlands?

Hagi

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jul 29, 2021
The Netherlands
Music to my ears. Thank you sir for the feedback.

So how it the entrpreneurial / business climate in the Netherlands?

I think we have a great business climate. We as a country have always stimulated entrepreneurs in various ways. People in the Netherlands are a bit cheap, but do in general appreciate value and are willing to pay for that. They are also pretty direct, so no shortcoming on feedback here. And like anywhere else, People have a lot of problems that need to be solved, so it is my job to find the right one and fix it.

Awesome to get a direct reply, talk about added value and exeeding expectations

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
Hi and welcome to the forum !

Once you start looking for problems, you’ll find plenty.

Implementing solutions is the balancing act we’re all trying to master.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
Welcome to the forum. Hoping to hear more of your journey

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.