The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting consistent with healthy habits in 75 days

freek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 17, 2022
Netherlands
Inspired by Fox 's thread i am going to complete my version of the 75 hard. Hat's of to everyone who was able to complete his 75 hard challenge, doing something everyday for 75 days regardless of the task is a great accomplishment. Also reading heavy_industry 's progress thread was really inspiring, good to hear that you felt a lot better!

However i am in a great place mentally and physically so i want to make it a little bit harder, i also want to include some business related habits.
so here are the rules i have set myself and why i won't follow certain rules.

1. Follow a diet with no cheat meals – It isn't specific > just choose one that fits your lifestyle
  2. Workout 2x a day for at least 45 minutes – 1 of the workouts has to be outdoors
  3. Drink a gallon of water a day
  4. Read 10 pages of non-fiction entrepreneurship/personal development book per day
  5. Take a progress pic daily
  6. No alcohol consumption
1. will not follow this rule since my diet is great and i live at home, not going to bother my mom with changes in my diet.
2. Will follow this one but slightly different. 1 strenght workout of at least an hour in the gym and 1 workout outside but anything counts (walking cycling jogging playing football etc)
3. Nope, will just make me go to the toilet a bunch of times and flush out a lot of important minerals. 2 liters is more than enough.
4. Seems a bit pointless because this will total 750 pages or 2/3 books, which is not that much. But why not, will do
5. I will use a flip phone during this challenge so this will be quite hard to do, so will take a before and after picture instead
6. yes absolutely

Now the rules i would like to add:

1. Cold shower of at least 1 minute every day, this will absolutely suck since it's winter here and freezing outside. Also the energy bill is way to high for us so we don't use heating during the day. I have already tried to stick to this habit but failed multiple times after staring at that shower for over 20 minutes.
2. Wake up at 6 am everyday, skyrockets productivity for me, also hard in the winter because it's cold and dark for the first few hours.
3. As i said earlier i will use a flip phone during this challenge, so no internet.
4. Zero tv, netflix, youtube, social media, the only exception to this will be spotify after 8 pm to listen to podcasts. I'm going to call this one no entertainment. I have installed a blocker for this so i can't cheat. This also means no news or anything. The only entertainment allowed is the forum but only after 3:30 pm. This combined with the flip phone will make my screen time and internet use 100% work related.
5. No music or radio in the car.
6. A bunch of nightime habits that i will combine in "nightime routine" it consist of having a clean room and desk, writing down the most important task that i will start the next day with, write an update in this thread and clothes ready.
7. Eat the frog, or executing the most important task before doing anything else once the day starts

Summary of the tasks
  1. 1 strenght workout for a minimum of 1 hour, 1 outdoor workout for a minimum of 1 hour
  2. Read 10 pages of non-fiction entrepreneurship/personal development book per day
  3. No alcohol consumption
  4. Zero entertainment
  5. No music
  6. No smartphone
  7. Cold shower for a minimum of 1 minute
  8. nighttime routine
  9. Wake up at 6 am
  10. Eat the frog
  11. Minimum of 2 hours of deep work
Now these might not sound that hard but doing every single one every single day will be a bit of a challenge, if anyone would like to try along with me you are more than welcome to do so.

I might be a bit arrogant and overconfident but i don't see myself losing this challenge so i will give 200 euros away to a random follower of the thread if i fail to complete a single rule once. Challenge starts tomorrow with my first frog task being register my brand for 3 more categories in europe. You can follow my execution thread here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
Inspired by Fox 's thread i am going to complete my version of the 75 hard. Hat's of to everyone who was able to complete his 75 hard challenge, doing something everyday for 75 days regardless of the task is a great accomplishment. Also reading heavy_industry 's progress thread was really inspiring, good to hear that you felt a lot better!

However i am in a great place mentally and physically so i want to make it a little bit harder, i also want to include some business related habits.
so here are the rules i have set myself and why i won't follow certain rules.

1. Follow a diet with no cheat meals – It isn't specific > just choose one that fits your lifestyle
  2. Workout 2x a day for at least 45 minutes – 1 of the workouts has to be outdoors
  3. Drink a gallon of water a day
  4. Read 10 pages of non-fiction entrepreneurship/personal development book per day
  5. Take a progress pic daily
  6. No alcohol consumption
1. will not follow this rule since my diet is great and i live at home, not going to bother my mom with changes in my diet.
2. Will follow this one but slightly different. 1 strenght workout of at least an hour in the gym and 1 workout outside but anything counts (walking cycling jogging playing football etc)
3. Nope, will just make me go to the toilet a bunch of times and flush out a lot of important minerals. 2 liters is more than enough.
4. Seems a bit pointless because this will total 750 pages or 2/3 books, which is not that much. But why not, will do
5. I will use a flip phone during this challenge so this will be quite hard to do, so will take a before and after picture instead
6. yes absolutely

Now the rules i would like to add:

1. Cold shower of at least 1 minute every day, this will absolutely suck since it's winter here and freezing outside. Also the energy bill is way to high for us so we don't use heating during the day. I have already tried to stick to this habit but failed multiple times after staring at that shower for over 20 minutes.
2. Wake up at 6 am everyday, skyrockets productivity for me, also hard in the winter because it's cold and dark for the first few hours.
3. As i said earlier i will use a flip phone during this challenge, so no internet.
4. Zero tv, netflix, youtube, social media, the only exception to this will be spotify after 8 pm to listen to podcasts. I'm going to call this one no entertainment. I have installed a blocker for this so i can't cheat. This also means no news or anything. The only entertainment allowed is the forum but only after 3:30 pm. This combined with the flip phone will make my screen time and internet use 100% work related.
5. No music or radio in the car.
6. A bunch of nightime habits that i will combine in "nightime routine" it consist of having a clean room and desk, writing down the most important task that i will start the next day with, write an update in this thread and clothes ready.
7. Eat the frog, or executing the most important task before doing anything else once the day starts

Summary of the tasks
  1. 1 strenght workout for a minimum of 1 hour, 1 outdoor workout for a minimum of 1 hour
  2. Read 10 pages of non-fiction entrepreneurship/personal development book per day
  4. Zero entertainment
  5. No music
  6. No smartphone
  8. nighttime routine
  9. Wake up at 6 am
  10. Eat the frog
Now these might not sound that hard but doing every single one every single day will be a bit of a challenge, if anyone would like to try along with me you are more than welcome to do so.

I might be a bit arrogant and overconfident but i don't see myself losing this challenge so i will give 200 euros away to a random follower of the thread if i fail to complete a single rule once. Challenge starts tomorrow with my first frog task being register my brand for 3 more categories in europe. You can follow my execution thread here.
As I tried a 90 hard challenge and failed one thing I want you to know that you must replace the "no this, no that" with a meaningful work/relationship/habit you want to build because without replacements, you will fall back to it.

Do something today that will make your yesterday self proud.

Good luck!

RightyTighty

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
May 31, 2023
Arkansas
here are the rules i have set myself and why i won't follow certain rules.
Gotta say I’m a little confused. When Barney Fife said, “The first rule is to obey all rules” it was intended to be comedic, but it appears there is some true wisdom there.

Also, a little less workout/water and 50-100 pages/day of sucking up knowledge from good books will take you down your path quicker without sacrificing your well being.

freek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 17, 2022
Netherlands
Good luck!
Thanks man.
you must replace the "no this, no that" with a meaningful work/relationship/habit you want to build because without replacements, you will fall back to it.
I get what you are saying but only 4/10 are not doing something, as i have noticed with myself if i limit distractions i will just start working on my business, so it automaticly replaces a bad habit with a good habit. Also i have blocked all these things so falling back to it is simply not possible haha.

freek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 17, 2022
Netherlands
Also, a little less workout/water
I agree, working out twice a day is probably a bit overkill but i've got to make it a bit hard somehow. And yes that is why i skipped the drinking water one.
and 50-100 pages/day of sucking up knowledge from good books will take you down your path quicker without sacrificing your well being.
Meh, i disagree with this one. This will probably take me an extra 2 hours that i can't spend working on my business. I feel like i have enough knowledge to get to the next step in business right now. Of course for the next step after that i need to learn a lot, but you learn a lot by doing not just reading. I think i am in the executing fase right now and need to spend as much time on that as possible, taking away 2 extra hours a day is not going to help much in my opinion.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
No alcohol consumption

If there’s one thing one the list that can have the biggest impact it’s this.

I haven’t touched alcohol in 7 months and it has been game changing for my productivity.

freek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 17, 2022
Netherlands
If there’s one thing one the list that can have the biggest impact it’s this.

I haven’t touched alcohol in 7 months and it has been game changing for my productivity.
Well done! exited to see what it does for me. I don't drink to often maybe 3/4 times a month but when i do it is 20-30 drinks during the night and the day after is mostly spend in bed.

RightyTighty

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
May 31, 2023
Arkansas
This will probably take me an extra 2 hours that i can't spend working on my business.
Ah, I get it. You didn't mention anything about business in your thread (other than eating the frog, which could apply to anything) so I didn't know if you were involved in one yet. If you're working full time and running your list daily, you are a busy man.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
The whole point is not to change the rules.

Any podcast Andy has done on the challenge covers that 100 times over.

It is the whole concept. By not changing the rules, you force discomfort, which creates change.

By changing the rules you have just made your own routine that you’re happy with - so don’t expect to get much out of this.

Anyway looking back now I’m not even sure if this challenge really helps that much. Probably better to just set a big business goal and go all in on that.

Anyway not to be negative - hope it goes well. But you have missed the whole point by already making compromises.

freek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 17, 2022
Netherlands
The whole point is not to change the rules.

Any podcast Andy has done on the challenge covers that 100 times over.
I understand that is why i called it my version of it, I should have made it clearer that i was inspired by it and took some elements of it, not trying to do the 75 hard.
By changing the rules you have just made your own routine that you’re happy with - so don’t expect to get much out of this.
I would disagree, i just took out out the parts that in my opinion will not contribute to my goals and added the ones in that do. Also i would still say that this is a challenging routine with plenty of discomfort.
Anyway not to be negative - hope it goes well. But you have missed the whole point by already making compromises.
Thanks! It's more about becoming more consistent and adding in some good habits for me not so much about completing the 75 hard, i will change the title of the thread.

freek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 17, 2022
Netherlands
Day 1
  4. Zero entertainment
  5. No music
  6. No smartphone
  8. nighttime routine
  9. Wake up at 6 am
  10. Eat the frog
Completed all the habits today, was really busy with work so didn't think about entertainment at all. Only hard habit today was the cold shower because it's freezing, there is something about going into a cold shower when you are already cold that makes it a lot worse.
first frog task being register my brand for 3 more categories in europe.
This is done, will start tomorrow with finishing the picture edit's of a new product and complete the listing.

freek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 17, 2022
Netherlands
Day 2
  4. Zero entertainment
  5. No music
  6. No smartphone
  8. nighttime routine
  9. Wake up at 6 am
  10. Eat the frog
A lot of setbacks on the business today but no trouble following the habits. Did a push workout in the morning and an hour long walk with my investor talking about the plans for 2024. Was busy with counting inventory and dealing with some problems for the rest of the day, all habits completed.
will start tomorrow with finishing the picture edit's of a new product and complete the listing.
This is done, already got a few sales with the product today. Will start tomorrow with solving a patent issue by emailing different lawyers and reading up on information about the subject.

Sorcha

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Dec 4, 2023
Sounds positive & healthy. Agree with reading more non fiction books. I find something valuable that helps me earn more time. Also gives me energy boost and motivation to keep going. Educational Audiobooks are a great time saver, definitely recommend using while in car or exercising. Hope the routine is still going strong!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.