The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Cars Inc This is the website that I made for him. He wanted something really simple so that's why there's one page. He really likes website and he appreciates it. I'm just glad that I can help him
Well done.

Consider a logo that's less complicated, and putting the location he serves into the headline:
Screenshot_20230326-090212_Chrome.jpg

And use whitespace and/or bullet points in the copy:
Screenshot_20230326-090217_Chrome.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
Well done.

Consider a logo that's less complicated, and putting the location he serves into the headline:
View attachment 47946

And use whitespace and/or bullet points in the copy:
View attachment 47947
I would but he didn't want bullet points, he wanted the long mission statement. I tried to make a minimal logo for him but he didn't want that which is fine. I am going to add his location though that would help

Russo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Feb 22, 2023
I would but he didn't want bullet points, he wanted the long mission statement. I tried to make a minimal logo for him but he didn't want that which is fine. I am going to add his location though that would help
Great job man! May I ask if you made the website from scratch or did you use any website builder? ty

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
Update: I was able to get another client. This time it was my barber who wanted a website. I asked her during my haircut so she said yes.

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
Great News! I got the website running (Hair By Kara) and it is working great. She paid me $110 dollars for the service and I'm really happy with it. Now I made $240 with web design. I think I'm going to learn more skills to help with web design to make my service more valuable than make my own website.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Great News! I got the website running (Hair By Kara) and it is working great. She paid me $110 dollars for the service and I'm really happy with it. Now I made $240 with web design. I think I'm going to learn more skills to help with web design to make my service more valuable than make my own website.

I look at your websites, and as a professional, I say to myself man this should be different or that should be different.

And then I look at your price and I think to myself, man this kid is over delivering!!

Raise your prices, and spend a little bit more time on some of the details. You're off to a great start.

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
I look at your websites, and as a professional, I say to myself man this should be different or that should be different.

And then I look at your price and I think to myself, man this kid is over delivering!!

Raise your prices, and spend a little bit more time on some of the details. You're off to a great start.
Thx

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
Update: bad news, I can't make websites anymore becuase my parents said so. And that's because I've been slacking on school work the good news is that I'm going to do something else. I've been reading a lot about this thread from Lex DeVille (GOLD! - EXECUTION - How to Create a $2k+/mo Passive Income Website in 30 Days (or Less)) and this is a better alternative. First off, I can do the work on the weekends but after that, It requires less work which can make more time for other things like school or gym. I'm going to make a new progress thread on that journey soon, not going to give up.

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
It's been a while since I last posted on this thread. Since school is over I now have so much time to help businesses by making websites for them. I'm going to focus on getting more clients and saving up for a car and some driving lessons.

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
Wonderful News!!!! I made some calls and I got someone who who is interested. We are going to call next week to talk more about it and I priced it at $200 dollars and I'm super happy that it worked.

Edit: we couldn't come to an agreement because I tried to call him back but he didn't answer. Luckily I called a few more business and one of them is interested Hopefully this time we can agree on something

Last edited:

JPoh

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jul 23, 2019
I just came across this post and as a web designer I sometimes struggle when it comes to selling, so seeing you just go out there and hustling has been inspiring to me.

It gets easier once you land your first few clients since they will often refer you to their friends and colleagues if your services are good, so keep it up and all the best!

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
Good and Bad news, the bad news is that I didn't make any progress with getting clients, ever since I lost support for my parents I guess I just lost motivation. I'm thinking about doing it again but I had another idea, I remember when I tried to make website templates on an online marketplace then I realized I could also make other digital products that people would need, I got a job at McDonalds so I at the very least make income so I can use some of the money for learning how to use Google Ads. Not really sure what to do, any advice would be greatly appreciated

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
There's no shame in getting a job as a step towards your Fastlane future.

Keep growing your skills. Keep signing clients.

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
Ok so I tried to setup a WooCommerce site and turns out I need to be 18 to properly accept payments. I think I'm going to go back to getting clients again because I'm good at making websites, I've done it before, there is plenty of value that can be provided for a business. I kind of feel disappointed with myself because I know that I easily could have gotten one client during the summer. Better late than never I suppose

Another Update:
My parents said that they will help me form an LLC but they aren't going to pay it and I have to do the reasearch on it. Super glad that I talked to them about it.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.