The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Nov 15, 2022
Hello everyone, after reading several threads on this site (MINDSET - EXECUTION - I am doing it, at 16... ) that one in particular, I realized that I've sort of been action faking. Sure I've been making websites, but I haven't been outreaching or actually making sales which was the point of this whole thing. So for now I gotta focus on getting leads, clients and sales. I also realized that there are much easier ways to make a website and I can even outsource to people to save even more time, which would give me even more time to get more clients. if Kris was able to able to do this at 16, then so should I, that means there really isn't an excuse for me to take action like he did.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Nov 15, 2022
I made my first cold call, I asked him if he wanted me to make a website but he said no, but I least I got the courage to make that call. I'm going to try again to see what happens

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Cold Calling is the best way to get a direct answer from people.

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Nov 15, 2022
Made a few more cold calls, all of which failed, which is fine, I've only been cold calling for two days. I did some research on how long it takes to get a first client and it can take anywhere from two weeks to month, so it's probably going to take me a while and that's okay.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
I’ve cold called for web design too before. I got no sales thought because I was calling like a retard.

“Hey is this luxury suit tailoring?”
- yes it is
“Do you want a website”
- no
“Why not”
- go get a F*cking job

When I look back now it’s obvious why I made no sales. Try recording yourself while calling to see how to improve

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Nov 15, 2022
I’ve cold called for web design too before. I got no sales thought because I was calling like a retard.

“Hey is this luxury suit tailoring?”
- yes it is
“Do you want a website”
- no
“Why not”
- go get a F*cking job

When I look back now it’s obvious why I made no sales. Try recording yourself while calling to see how to improve
I realized what I've been doing. I just been asking them if they wanted me to update/make them a website without communicating why or anything like that. The problem is when I do call them, I just get kind of awkward for some reason, I guess that's just because I'm new at it and I'm stepping out of my comfort zone. Were you able to get any sales afterwards

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
I realized what I've been doing. I just been asking them if they wanted me to update/make them a website without communicating why or anything like that. The problem is when I do call them, I just get kind of awkward for some reason, I guess that's just because I'm new at it and I'm stepping out of my comfort zone. Were you able to get any sales afterwards
I got a few leads who weren’t serious and never turned into sales.

You have to put yourself in the business owners shoes. If you own a roofing company and someone called pitching a website what would make you want to buy it?

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Nov 15, 2022
I got a few leads who weren’t serious and never turned into sales.

You have to put yourself in the business owners shoes. If you own a roofing company and someone called pitching a website what would make you want to buy it?
So, If I could just effectively communicate why they would want my service rather than just how, I probably could do better. Probably would be better than what I'm doing right now because the calls that I have lasted less than 30 seconds. Rough I know but you gotta start somewhere I guess

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Nov 15, 2022
I realized that there are other ways to get leads and get clients besides cold calling. I can also use Facebook and LinkedIn to generate leads. It's going to be a challenge because I don't have experience, but everyone makes their profile about themselves so maybe I can make the profile about how I will solve the problems that businesses have. I could also ask people with a lot of experience how they got their first client.

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Nov 15, 2022
I barely made any progress, what the hell have I been doing.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I barely made any progress, what the hell have I been doing.
More action faking. Or inaction.

Either way, pick yourself back up and keep going. This is a marathon not a sprint.

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Nov 15, 2022
More action faking. Or inaction.

Either way, pick yourself back up and keep going. This is a marathon not a sprint.
The worst part is kind of was a mix of both, I'll keep going, got to save up for that car somehow

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Nov 15, 2022
So, I made a few cold calls today a lot of the phone numbers didn't work but I got one, the call I did get did last longer than the other ones but it still failed. Gonna keep trying though. I just have a question. If I did have a client and made a website, should I do the SEO and social media myself or should I outsource that or partner with or someone on fiverr/upwork on that sort of thing?

Last edited:

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Nov 15, 2022
So, I made a few cold calls today a lot of the phone numbers didn't work but I got one, the call I did get did last longer than the other ones but it still failed. Gonna keep trying though. I just have a question. If I did have a client and made a website, should I do the SEO and social media myself or should I outsource that or partner with or someone on fiverr/upwork on that sort of thing?

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Use your age to your advantage.

Are there any small, local, independent type shops near you? eg 500 meters away from me is a cycle shop. It's a small place, has been around for 30 years and the owners are oldish now. They have no website. Or much else to do with online eg They have a facebook page that was last updated 4 years ago so they probably GAVE UP (<--------Clue)

Can you walk into somewhere such as this and say you have a proposal for them? You can set up a nice simple website that can xyz for a nominal sum.

All these small business owners were young and had their first start and you should say that to them and that you are looking for your first start too.

Don't start talking about bells and whistles if you are familiar with this phrase and how much money you will make them etc etc. They wont belive you.

Just keep it simple. A simple proposal from a teenager who is starting out.

Dan

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I asked my neighbor if he wanted a website, he said no but I'm glad that I asked him
Ask your neighbour if he knows anyone who needs a website?

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Have you asked any friends if they know anyone who may need a website?

When I tried doing web design for a bit I asked my friends if they knew anyone who needed a website. Surprisingly one of my friends' parents needed a website and they ended up being my first clients.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Nov 15, 2022
Well done.

Details?
So I asked my about a mechanic that has been helping us for years, she texted him if he wanted a website from me. He asked how much and I said 50$ then he said yes. He was a local business owner and a friend. I'm currently planning on how his website is going to go and maybe even get started on it.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
So I asked my about a mechanic that has been helping us for years, she texted him if he wanted a website from me. He asked how much and I said 50$ then he said yes. He was a local business owner and a friend. I'm currently planning on how his website is going to go and maybe even get started on it.
Who did you ask?

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Nov 15, 2022
Who did you ask?
Technically I didn't ask him, my mom did but I asked the local mechanic down my street, our family knew him for years and he doesn't have a website. I asked her about it and she texted him. It was a really good opportunity, and I took it. Also just really glad that I'm actually helping someone with something.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Technically I didn't ask him, my mom did but I asked the local mechanic down my street, our family knew him for years and he doesn't have a website. I asked her about it and she texted him. It was a really good opportunity, and I took it. Also just really glad that I'm actually helping someone with something.
Cool. So someone you knew, knew someone who might need help.

(I asked because your post previously mysteriously missed out who you'd asked.)

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Nov 15, 2022
Cool. So someone you knew, knew someone who might need help.

(I asked because your post previously mysteriously missed out who you'd asked.)
Oh, is that how you got your first client

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Muhammad Ibrahim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Aug 1, 2022
Oh, is that how you got your first client
do 2 things:
learn about sales from other people; books, youtube anything
learn sales yourself by doing it again and again and again till you're good at it.
its as simple as that. its always simple, rarely easy
oh and watch wolf of wall street.

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Nov 15, 2022
Cars Inc This is the website that I made for him. He wanted something really simple so that's why there's one page. He really likes website and he appreciates it. I'm just glad that I can help him

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.