The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I need help with getting clients!

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
Thank you for anyone who tried to help me or simply left a laughing emoji. I got 3 clients for $6K combined.

BIG congratz! And all in the past week I presume?

How did that happen?

What helped you the most from not being able to close anyone to now closing 3 clients for a total of $6K?

Bambooing

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Oct 3, 2014
also how is it possible to call 200 different people everyday? I usually take my time to ‘study’ their websites so that takes like 20 minutes for each person. that would take me 66 hours to call 200 people. maybe my method is wrong?
You could try to outsource the research part so a shortlist of prospects is provided to you.
From there you could focus on the important sales/feedback side. Use the list to make calls. I say feedback because you will get firsthand feedback that will assist on future sales calls.

G

Guest12k7911

Wow a real success story.
How did you pull that off
BIG congratz! And all in the past week I presume?

How did that happen?

What helped you the most from not being able to close anyone to now closing 3 clients for a total of $6K?
I realized that people don’t really trust someone who cold calls them lol. I found a few local small businesses and helped them for free and asked for refferals. It worked like magic even though I don’t speak the local language of the country I live in.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
I realized that people don’t really trust someone who cold calls them lol. I found a few local small businesses and helped them for free and asked for refferals. It worked like magic even though I don’t speak the local language of the country I live in.

That's some solid referring going on, lol. Great job.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I was catching up on your thread and about to suggest this

With the online world, people assume everything should be online and forget how powerful a face to face interaction can be.

Local businesses are much easier to sell to than being some random person online… and there is usually 0 competition locally and real demand as these people are busy busy busy.

Rinse and repeat, become the local guy.

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
Incredible man, keep up the good work !

May I ask what kind of businesses it was, and what you did to help them for free ?

Nazca

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
May 3, 2023
France
yeah i agree with you but i am a full time medical student and a game developer. so i didn’t have time for more than 10 calls a day and counted on cold emails a bit too much.
Excuses. Is game development a hobby or a job? You can dedicate less time to game dev and more to prospecting.

Are you as effective as possible when you work? Did you get rid of distractions and bad habits in your life?

How about starting by doing 5 more a day? And progressively increase?

G

Guest12k7911

Excuses. Is game development a hobby or a job? You can dedicate less time to game dev and more to prospecting.

Are you as effective as possible when you work? Did you get rid of distractions and bad habits in your life?

How about starting by doing 5 more a day? And progressively increase?
game dev has been my hobby for the last 8 years. so right now i am all focused on freelancing so that I can raise some money my game’s ads

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Which country are you from and which country are you in?

You have said you are currently studying in a country that speaks little English and you don't speak their language.

So if you can make websites for professional people in a country you can't speak the language in, then your own country will be good option for you or is it somewhere undeveloped?

Dan

G

Guest12k7911

Which country are you from and which country are you in?

You have said you are currently studying in a country that speaks little English and you don't speak their language.

So if you can make websites for professional people in a country you can't speak the language in, then your own country will be good option for you or is it somewhere undeveloped?

Dan
i am half italian half turkish but grew up in turkey so i dont speak italian and it wouldnt be profitable to freelance in turkey because of the insane inflation and weak currency

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Oh right. I was thinking you may be from some African country studying in Eastern Europe but now I see how you fit the bill.

Good job on the dentists all things condsidered :thumbsup:

Dan

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!