Hello Everyone,
So just an update to my previous thread(EXECUTION - RANT - QUESTION - I started my SMMA and failed utterly. )which gave me a lot of insights and helped me get started with the execution a question.
As you may have read, I started a SMMA and things didn't work out quite well. I was offering a lot of services including web design, SEO, SMM and more. But I didn't have expertise in any of the fields. Then I decided to niche down to Web design because I found out that I enjoy coding and did some research and read the 1 million dollar web designer book by @Fox . I started learning HTML and CSS and have done quite well till now and it's only a matter of time before I would be able to make fully functional websites(I plan on using technologies like webflow, so I learned HTML and CSS to get started).
One Question that popped in my mind was that even If I am able to make good looking websites for a business, just the design of the website won't help Solve the problems of my client like low leads or clients or any more real life problems. There are more things to it that differentiates a 100$ website and a 10,000$ website. So what to do when I become proficient in building websites? I kind of have an idea about things I may need to learn like Copywriting, Sales Funnels, Email Marketing and all but I don't see a clear path on how my websites would be of great value to my clients. I
Sales isn't a problem I wanna focus right now on.
Also, I am from India so could you guys give some advice and reasons why someone would hire a web designer from a foreign Developing Country and not his/her home country, and how to find/pitch clients abroad?
So just an update to my previous thread(EXECUTION - RANT - QUESTION - I started my SMMA and failed utterly. )which gave me a lot of insights and helped me get started with the execution a question.
As you may have read, I started a SMMA and things didn't work out quite well. I was offering a lot of services including web design, SEO, SMM and more. But I didn't have expertise in any of the fields. Then I decided to niche down to Web design because I found out that I enjoy coding and did some research and read the 1 million dollar web designer book by @Fox . I started learning HTML and CSS and have done quite well till now and it's only a matter of time before I would be able to make fully functional websites(I plan on using technologies like webflow, so I learned HTML and CSS to get started).
One Question that popped in my mind was that even If I am able to make good looking websites for a business, just the design of the website won't help Solve the problems of my client like low leads or clients or any more real life problems. There are more things to it that differentiates a 100$ website and a 10,000$ website. So what to do when I become proficient in building websites? I kind of have an idea about things I may need to learn like Copywriting, Sales Funnels, Email Marketing and all but I don't see a clear path on how my websites would be of great value to my clients. I
Sales isn't a problem I wanna focus right now on.
Also, I am from India so could you guys give some advice and reasons why someone would hire a web designer from a foreign Developing Country and not his/her home country, and how to find/pitch clients abroad?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
