The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

F*ck This Guy - Tai Lopez

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I still have no idea who that guy is. I get that he likes books, but I fear if I look it up and it ends up being something like "the secret to success is reading a book a day" kind of thing I'm gonna have a stroke.
Yeah. The secret to getting better at reading is to read a book a day.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
RDPD was much the same for me, and while I learned some new concepts, after finishing the book I had no idea how to apply them. I still had no idea how to just come up with $15000 to put a down-payment on a property to invest in. The only thing I could think of was get a job, which Kiyosaki seemed to think was blasphemy.

Yeah. He did leave out some of the exact steps. I can see how that would bum some people out.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Seriously, does anyone give care about Tai Lopez? I certainly don't.

He doesn't pay my bills. He won't achieve my dreams.

I don't doubt his success but it's becoming an obsession now. Focus on your shit.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Question. Do people really watch this guy ramble on for hours? Really?

I gave it about 20 seconds before jumping ahead to find it was just more stuttering distracted nonsense the whole way through. Frankly it was painful.

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
396%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
I just don't understand why anyone would want to sit through that.
Because nobody gets how precious time is.

These people drive 10 miles to save $ 0,05 on beer, but waste 5 hours watching nonsense. Every day.

Yeah, right...

Wasted time will never come back.

But yeah, I guess Tai Lopez is more important than freedom.

Well...

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
TBH this confounds me a little. It has to be that the data is skewed by people that stay home and watch 14 hrs of tv a day doesn't it?

There's no way a gainfully employed person watches 5 hrs a day, unless maybe they make up for it by literally watching TV all day Sat and Sun.

The article lists it out for age and race. So it shows a drop for those in the "gainfully employed" age ranges:

Since it's an average, that means half watch more, half watch less haha.

I haven't watched TV in YEARS. (a movie once a week with the wifey person though)

bitsinmyblood

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jun 29, 2017
Washington State, USA
Perfect example, in order to graduate, you have to submit a plan for your future.

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel: No HS diploma without a plan for graduation

No mention of being an entrepreneur, your options are to only become a drone for some other institution. Makes my blood boil as this is full blown scripted indoctrination.

That's the /dev/null black hole that sucks down the dreams of millions of people every year I was talking about. The fact that the principles of business, such as your CENTS philosophies, are not taught in the 6th grade is the real issue. For God's sake, imagine the BLINDING speed of innovation if that were the case? Instead of a 1-5% rate of entrepreneurs maybe we'd have 10-30%? More? It really is a battle of information...

I wish my parents would have been capable of teaching me this stuff. They taught me parts of it, specifically to steer clear of the sidewalk. Still, bridging the gap from "don't be a sidewalker" to "passionately pursue the fast lane" is a huge leap and without the foundational understanding, I'm not really sure how normal people can break out of the slowlane or sidewalk mindset.

I really believe that the "drone" mentality is a huge reason our nation is struggling with depression, detachment, loneliness, etc. A person's dreams are THE BIGGEST deal! No one REALLY wants to deny themselves a extraordinary life, the problem is most of us aren't taught these philosophies therefore we quietly submit to the heard. After all, it doesn't really seem like a betrayal of ourselves when everyone is doing it and they all seem to be OK with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Did you watch the whole thing? @Xeon Skip like 40 seconds in

Yup, I watched from 40s in and stopped at 4+ mins. Waste of time if you ask me, not sure what's the "juice" you're talking about lol. The whole video is obviously scripted, it's a collaboration between Cody and him. These gurus, YouTubers and all these guys have an inner circle where they prop each other up to get more views and fame. Is that you in the crowd, Grant Cardone?

I used to read that Tai finishes reading a book in 10 mins : How To Read A Book... A Day?! (What I Think Of Tai Lopez's Reading Routine) - Benjamin McEvoy

1. He reads the back cover and jacket.
  2. He reads the introduction.
  3. He reads the conclusion.
  4. He reads the contents page.
  5. He might read one random chapter than intrigues him.

Absolute bollocks. Tai shows us that the masses are dumb, and if you play your cards right, you can make people worship you with credit cards in hand. I'm very sure his followers are made up of mostly all wantrepreneurs.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
"Yea but MJ doesn't have 7 super cars 3 mansions a private jet and hot babes in his videos. Why would I not spend a few extra bucks for that kind of success? After all I need some mentors and a book can't mentor me. I'd rather pay for 67 steps that tell me what I need to do than decode a book." ~Mr. Sidewalk
I read that in MJ's voice. Good job.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Oh my god.. this is the thread i've been looking for... now only to get those mentors.. and follow those 47 SIMPLE SIMPLE steps... yup yup gonna do that tomorrow

Javin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 5, 2017
At Home
Tai is a clever guy. I always ask myself how can I replicate him. What he does works and I give him props for it. He's #1 and in a world of competition, he reached the ladder to be #1. I respect him for it.

I've also thought about this. IMO I don't know if it would be a lifestyle that I would want to live, even with all the wealth he's acquired from it. Having multiple cameras on you recording at all times. Always being that guy at outings with friends/family, recording himself and others. It just seems awkward and forced. Idk, lying from the beginning to the masses just doesn't seem like the way that i'd want to acquire wealth. To each their own I guess.

VDon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jul 27, 2016
I've also thought about this. IMO I don't know if it would be a lifestyle that I would want to live, even with all the wealth he's acquired from it. Having multiple cameras on you recording at all times. Always being that guy at outings with friends/family, recording himself and others. It just seems awkward and forced. Idk, lying from the beginning to the masses just doesn't seem like the way that i'd want to acquire wealth. To each their own I guess.

I doubt those people are his friends. Employees, Golddiggers, Fitness people and his grandma. Not to shabby.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO

HE TOLD US HIS SECRET!!! In this video he says "If there was a gun to my head and I had to make a million dollars I would take a big idea from a big market and take it to a small market."

WOW. Now I understand how he did it! He took his business to the small market of Youtube! He bought out almost every ad on the video sharing site that gets 5 BILLION views per DAY. Small markets are where its at! Thanks Tai!! He is so eye opening!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
It's a little bit deeper than this.

There is no question, absolutely none, that Tai's "brand" is insanely valuable right now. It's a global viral phenomenon, with all associated YT videos at well over 100,000,000 views, 700k subs, 1M IG followers, similar SnapChat numbers, etc. He's name-dropped constantly (as a joke) on absolutely every branch of social media. And, as Donald Trump just taught everyone, if you're brought up constantly, even as an object of ridicule or derision, for long enough, eventually, you win big. The fact that he keeps taking up thread space on this forum, over and over, is evidence of just how insanely large his reach is.

But I don't think his brand will still be winning big in 5 years. Not in its current form, anyway.

I first found TMF years ago, and unlike almost every other business book I read around that time, it still rings just as true, and is just as helpful today. That's the magic of TMF , not that it was ever the "IT" thing of the moment, with hundreds of millions of shares, sales, and comments, but that it keeps being valuable year after year because it's not built on fakery or false images, but something really true, waiting there for anyone who is ready to see it, with no strings attached.

TMF is the paradigmatic example of a fastlane win, because the need-solving value, the logevity, the care, and the quality that went into it continue to make it earn money for the creator without spending the five or six figures a month that Tai must spend on advertising, because the item itself is valuable.

Tai would fade away quickly without new content and huge ad spend, because the genesis of his brand, its core value proposition, is smoke and mirrors and feel-good talk. That's the difference.
/drops mic

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Yeah. He did leave out some of the exact steps. I can see how that would bum some people out.
Perhaps he could have talked about how to fabricate a story and sell it as a non-fiction book about how to get rich, and promote it through an MLM until it ends up on the national best-sellers list, thus actually making you rich (which was his first ever successful business venture).

Mr. Gray

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Nov 8, 2016
This is a very interesting thread indeed! As always, TMF full of insight, I begin to drool as I load the forum's homepage.

Anyway I have something that will intrigue many of you, recently Tai has started a social media marketing course, his aim is to make 100 6 figure income earners with this course. After reading TMF and using my own common sense, it seemed obvious to me that this was one of those low entry, get rich easy schemes. However I'm really confused now because I have 3 friends who are on the course, 2 of them are already getting paid $1000 a month and the other one (online friend) was recently interviewed by big media outlets for running a successful agency at his age (he's 15). And they've all given credit to Tai's course.

Maybe this is just a coincidence. Has anyone actually been on his social media course and if so, how valuable is the learning material? There are a lot of positive testimonials of the course on Youtube and his own social media but for obvious reasons those can't be relied upon.

The course is just ok,

I didn't pay anything for it I torrented it and I wouldn't pay $997 for it.

The value in the course is making you think you can run a social media company with just what he is telling you.

The problem with these testimonials is that they sold the company, but with Tai's material they will be lucky to keep them as a client.

His course is the foundation and you have to build the house.

nw8

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 8, 2016
New Zealand
Why is everyone here hating on him lol. We all want the fastlane, and he's got it, isn't he on our side? Maybe listen to his advice rather than blocking everything out. Something he talks about in his 67 steps is not to support one side until you can argue for the opposing side just as well, which is what Charlie Munger said. Life isn't so black and white.

You can't deny that someone who has read so many books and is part of Mensa has advice that you can take away either by listening to what he says or just observing how he sells.

He spends money on ads and lamborghinis to market to his audience which is genius. Don't know why people hate on him for that, seems pretty logical.

Lastly, if you hate rich people like him, then you'll never become rich because it's subconsciously difficult to become something you hate. So chill out and listen!

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Question. Do people really watch this guy ramble on for hours? Really?

Just a reminder that "Storage Wars" and "My 600lbs Life" were both things that happened.

paulmp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
407%
Jul 1, 2017
Western Australia
I think for me... I would rather be broke & not violate my own ethics than to follow the example of Tai Lopez. If there is anything to learn from Tai is what not to do.. or how not to create value. Also I am not saying that in order to become wealthy you have to do unethical things, that is a false dichotomy, I would argue that the majority of wealthy people have probably achieved that through ethical means. At least all the wealthy people that I know have done so.... none of them had to resort to being a complete douche bag to achieve it either.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
God bless Tai Lopez. He brought me here!

Exactly how I discovered this forum and the book. I saw his video and decided to google him to check out his credibility and that lead me to here . I never did buy his course but I bought MJ's book.

Interestingly enough, the first book I ever read on business was Rich Dad, Poor Dad. Now, I learned absolutely nothing of practical use from that book, and I've been quite vocal on this forum about how I think Kiyosaki is a fraud, but seeking answers is what lead me to MJ and this forum.

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
It's all an illusion he creates and this seems to be appealing to a mass audience of -at best - slowlaners.
People are gullible and on auto-pilot. They don't own TMG so they can't compare apples with apples. Most guru's just speak in circles never getting into any level of depth on topics. They just use buzz words/or buzz concepts that sounds good. But when you break them down. And look for tangibility. There's really nothing there.

Here is one example from Tai:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n82CNXCfYAA

I made a comment in the comment section and suggested they read TMF . I give cred to Tai though. He's putting himself out there majorly. That's like all you need to do when you can buy traffic on YouTube for less than a dollar. And if you sell a course for $1000. It's not hard to figure out that it's easy to make bank. That's the only two things I take from Tai.

Last edited:

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
He's a genius marketer and maybe he'll be a forever tycoon, but this is the sort of thing that feels like a castle made of sand that has to come apart at some point.

I give it 10 years max before we see him on tv in an orange jumpsuit after one of his followers dies in a sweat lodge, coal walk, or goes on a shooting spree at a meditation center.
Or maybe he'll just go along with his seemingly well-established career, and the nice pile of gold he's made for himself.

He's not really doing anything wrong. He's a salesman, and people are buying his product.

Squadus

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jun 13, 2015
Los Angeles
You know mindset is a very important thing for entrepreneurs. Even though the 67 Steps and the Accelerator don't quite give tangible actions that apply directly to every business, I'm sure there are a few gold nuggets of information that can be found from his courses that apply to you.

At the end of the day, no course is going to make you a millionaire. It's about the actions you take on a day to day basis that truly bring results.

I am in his Social Media & Internet Marketing Agency and I must say it is definitely a step up from his previous courses. The business model involved is very sound and has tangible benefits for small business owners and the videos are actually quite good as he brings in experts. I'm still finishing up the course and am excited to go prospecting for clients very soon.

I would not say that he's a scam, but more so a very persuasive Internet Marketer.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.