The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

F*ck This Guy - Tai Lopez

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
He's a genius marketer and maybe he'll be a forever tycoon, but this is the sort of thing that feels like a castle made of sand that has to come apart at some point.

I give it 10 years max before we see him on tv in an orange jumpsuit after one of his followers dies in a sweat lodge, coal walk, or goes on a shooting spree at a meditation center.

VDon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jul 27, 2016
The beauty of Tai is no matter what his haters say, he always seems to deliver the big personalities to his doorstep.

That's definitely true. But there is no value in camouflaging your shallow thoughts with Rihanna or Chris Paul.

Sooner or later people will find out...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
It's a little bit deeper than this.

There is no question, absolutely none, that Tai's "brand" is insanely valuable right now. It's a global viral phenomenon, with all associated YT videos at well over 100,000,000 views, 700k subs, 1M IG followers, similar SnapChat numbers, etc. He's name-dropped constantly (as a joke) on absolutely every branch of social media. And, as Donald Trump just taught everyone, if you're brought up constantly, even as an object of ridicule or derision, for long enough, eventually, you win big. The fact that he keeps taking up thread space on this forum, over and over, is evidence of just how insanely large his reach is.

But I don't think his brand will still be winning big in 5 years. Not in its current form, anyway.

I first found TMF years ago, and unlike almost every other business book I read around that time, it still rings just as true, and is just as helpful today. That's the magic of TMF , not that it was ever the "IT" thing of the moment, with hundreds of millions of shares, sales, and comments, but that it keeps being valuable year after year because it's not built on fakery or false images, but something really true, waiting there for anyone who is ready to see it, with no strings attached.

TMF is the paradigmatic example of a fastlane win, because the need-solving value, the logevity, the care, and the quality that went into it continue to make it earn money for the creator without spending the five or six figures a month that Tai must spend on advertising, because the item itself is valuable.

Tai would fade away quickly without new content and huge ad spend, because the genesis of his brand, its core value proposition, is smoke and mirrors and feel-good talk. That's the difference.

TAI launched a book box club at 500% mark up vs just reading the book. Anyone else hear? LOL

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

VDon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jul 27, 2016
I still remember when he shot a video at "his house" and it turned out exposed to be a weekly VRBO-type rental.

So what do we learn? Even blatant lies are irrelevant to the mass audience.

If my country wasn't that small I'd maybe even try to do something similar.

snappyhappy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 3, 2015
The beauty of Tai is no matter what his haters say, he always seems to deliver the big personalities to his doorstep.

At this point, I expect him to do a video with President Trump soon. "Hey guys, I'm just here at Trump Tower visiting my bud, the next President."

Then all of us laugh and say "Ha Ha, bullshit!!"

And then the next thing you know, he's in Trump's office shooting the shit!

If anyone can do it, Tai can!

It's the value he is providing to Cuban, Gary Vee etc. that gets them to his doorstep.

Eg. Gary Vee had a new book coming out..

Tai: "Hey, come do a video at my house. I'll spend $80k on Ads, I have xxx,xxx subscribers and the video will get 900k views, good for your book launch."

I can see why they would agree to an interview, and it's smart on Tai's part because of the 'positive association' effect.

Maybe Tai will be asking you to do a video soon! Forum would explode Haha

Last edited:

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Apr 13, 2015
Why is everyone here hating on him lol. We all want the fastlane, and he's got it, isn't he on our side? Maybe listen to his advice rather than blocking everything out. Something he talks about in his 67 steps is not to support one side until you can argue for the opposing side just as well, which is what Charlie Munger said. Life isn't so black and white.

You can't deny that someone who has read so many books and is part of Mensa has advice that you can take away either by listening to what he says or just observing how he sells.

He spends money on ads and lamborghinis to market to his audience which is genius. Don't know why people hate on him for that, seems pretty logical.

Lastly, if you hate rich people like him, then you'll never become rich because it's subconsciously difficult to become something you hate. So chill out and listen!
No one hates Tai Lopez, you perceive it that way because you like him. It's always the same us-vs-them mentality with these cult of personality "gurus".

Don't expect people here to admire him because Tai Lopez is the perfect example of "the paradox of practice", he doesn't offer any value and it's just a poser, exactly the same way 99.99% of Internet Marketing "gurus" are.

His only accomplishment (and maybe lesson to learn) is making a worldwide paid AdWords campaign. You consider this brilliant but for me is laughable, what's so sophisticated about making a Youtube ad using the shotgun approach? Can't you do the same? CAN'T ANYONE DO THE SAME?

If you read some black hat forums there you find stuff that will blow your mind.

Tai Lopez gathered some money, AFAIK through some scammy dating sites and some other I'll-teach-you-the-secret-to-riches BS.
He rented a car and a house and put a bunch of books in a garage.
He made a video showing off and promote it worlwide without any targeting whatsoever.

Sorry, I don't see any ingenuity here.

Many people don't pay attention to him because it's EXTREMELY dangerous putting information in your brain from untrustworthy sources.

Remember, drug lords have millions too... would you rather learn how to manage worldwide logistics from one of them or from a respected manager with integrity?

Tai Lopez has nothing to teach you 100% guaranteed.

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Apr 13, 2015
I'd bet that even though younger poeple don't watch as much TV as the older ones they waste as many hours (if not more) watching stupid crap (for example some informarkeTAIrs) on YT.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Enemies, and plenty of wolves in waiting ready to sell the hammock and laptop lifestyle, and the event.
No, they aren't even wolves to begin with.
At least wolves kill you, and that's it.
But such 'enemies' prefer to have you stay alive and milk you of money by having you buy their stuff over and over again.

It's like putting you in a coma, and they harvest energy from your cognitive functions, oh where have we heard this before in UNSCRIPTED ...lol
main-qimg-d7863c77276203a214b70c061adf9f54

The 'hammock and laptop lifestyle' isn't the only event they are selling. Where I come from, there's forex, the stock market, real estate and bitcoin....

I never realised why such so-called events were action faking until I found the action fake thread last year. Most often, such 'opportunities' never gives freedom in terms of money or time. They don't solve the problem!

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
He made millions by telling people how to make millions, before he made millions.

He's a marketing genius. I'd hire him to sell anything.
Umm.. I dunno about that. I think Tai built his wealth before this stuff. Could be mistaken. And I don’t even like him particularly, just pointing that out.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
i never understood the psychology of paying thousands of dollars to a guru on the internet. I mean I like Tai. I think there is a lot of BS in there, but there is also a lot of value.
I just can't see how some dude out there on the net stumbles upon his stuff and says "yeah I got $2,500 to try out his program".
Maybe some shell out cash for the 67 thing he had going on. I dunno, maybe people aren't as frugal with their money as I am.

Neo_8524

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Mar 9, 2018
Philadelphia Pa
i never understood the psychology of paying thousands of dollars to a guru on the internet. I mean I like Tai. I think there is a lot of BS in there, but there is also a lot of value.
I just can't see how some dude out there on the net stumbles upon his stuff and says "yeah I got $2,500 to try out his program".
Maybe some shell out cash for the 67 thing he had going on. I dunno, maybe people aren't as frugal with their money as I am.
Whats the difference between what Tai Lopez does in comparison to corporate america? Why is what Tai Lopez does bad, but what apple, amazon, and every other company that exploits human psychology does not bad? You think MJ doesnt exploit human nature?

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Apr 13, 2015
Whats the difference between what Tai Lopez does in comparison to corporate america? Why is what Tai Lopez does bad, but what apple, amazon, and every other company that exploits human psychology does not bad? You think MJ doesnt exploit human nature?
Corporations/companies sell products, gurus sell smoke.

Edit: Also, I don't think IQ is a good measurement it would better to call it "Entrepeneurial Quoficient", but yes those in the middle of the Whatever Quoficient curve bell are the ones being screwed by gurus because they're looking for shortcuts.

Also also, can we just stop talking about this guy and giving him unearned attention?

Last edited:

Chris25

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
382%
Aug 29, 2018
Europe
I don't know anything about this guys' philosophies, but I've tried watching a few of his videos and I couldn't even sit through 3 minutes. I still sometimes get his ads on YT videos and trust me I'm quick to skip that s#!t.

What's sad is my friend bought his 1000 dollar course or something like that, and I couldn't find a way to stop this.

Neo_8524

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Mar 9, 2018
Philadelphia Pa

Edit: Also, I don't think IQ is a good measurement it would better to call it "Entrepeneurial Quoficient", but yes those in the middle of the Whatever Quoficient curve bell are the ones being screwed by gurus because they're looking for shortcuts.

Also also, can we just stop talking about this guy and giving him unearned attention?

unfortunately this is only your perspective. value is subjective and biased. whats good to you is bad to others and vice versa. this is true for all products in business. for example, I hate junk food and Soda. I eat both in moderation as im a healthy eater. However, some other guy may love pepsi and junk food, but hate healthy food. Nothing changed with the product, only the perception. *cue MJ demarcos perception of what im explaining that I currently cant recall right now.* This is how Tai Lopez and *Pepsi* succeed.

Me personally, I like Tai Lopez. VERY inteligente guy. Are his products bullshit? I dont know, I never puchased one. But I do know the masses are crazy and irrational. most are filled with hate etc and not psychologically healthy. this is why I am very careful with who I rely on for info and viewpoints i accept online because most people dont think nor think about there thinking. So idk, trusting random youtube reviews and forum reviews would have me skeptical and wanting to see for myself. in life N=1 is the ultimate decider. Like come on, have you read youtube comments? think outsider our bubbles, a solid portion of people are screwed up individuals.

Do I think hes scamming? No. Game is not free everywhere. Information cost and I see no problem with one charging $900 or more for info if they choose to do so. the law of free will. the matrix manipulates psychologically but it can never MAKE you do anything. Applys to marketing used by Tai and every other corporate company, small business etc. Color psychology, copy writing, symbolism, numbers, all of these tools and more are used in marketing to influence your mind. to be a slave to anothers will.

Last edited:

Neo_8524

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Mar 9, 2018
Philadelphia Pa
That's not true, he isn't motivating anyone, he's getting richer by looking like he's motivating people but if you wanted to read a book you'd just go and do it.

That's the thing, people giving attention (and money) to Tai Lopez (or any other guru) are the least likely to be successful because every minute listening to him is a minute not spent on their life.

Followers don't learn, or they would be VERY BUSY with their own path to even know WTF Tai Lopez is.

Edit: In other words "learning" from gurus is action faking.
Well why are we here? Whats the difference between Tai and MJ DeMarco? You said "followers dont learn..." well how are we so busy on our path that we know who MJ DeMarco is? ......Ay?

Isnt every minute spent listening, reading, or spending time on this forum a form of action faking? im following the logic of *listening to others opinions<trying shit out and taking action for yourself learning from trial and error* .....?

Another thing, you seem to be speaking from a place of ignorance to Tai Lopez. He is more than just about *reading books* or the marketing tactic he annoying does like that tv commercial or radio ad that just wont go away and stop repeating. Have you followed him on snap chat? have you saw his youtube videos? Listened to his podcast? this is why...
“I never allow myself to have an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do.” - Charlie munger

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Apr 13, 2015
Well why are we here? Whats the difference between Tai and MJ DeMarco? You said "followers dont learn..." well how are we so busy on our path that we know who MJ DeMarco is? ......Ay?

Isnt every minute spent listening, reading, or spending time on this forum a form of action faking? im following the logic of *listening to others opinions<trying sh*t out and taking action for yourself learning from trial and error* .....?

Another thing, you seem to be speaking from a place of ignorance to Tai Lopez. He is more than just about *reading books* or the marketing tactic he annoying does like that tv commercial or radio ad that just wont go away and stop repeating. Have you followed him on snap chat? have you saw his youtube videos? Listened to his podcast? this is why...
“I never allow myself to have an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do.” - Charlie munger
See? You wrote all of this instead of doing what?

You're paying with minutes of your life defending a guy you don't personally know and giving him your attention instead of what matters, which is YOU.

Tai Lopez and gurus give awful generalistic advise to become more valuable at the expense of ingenuous people who waste time and money on them because they think they'll get a shortcut to success.

YOU. DON'T. NEED. GURUS.

And honestly this is my last post here, if you're going to give more value to Tai's life than yours, OK, your choice, you'll have to excuse me if I don't want to be part of that.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
the game played by gurus is well thought out. you can't be immature in this guru game otherwise reality will kick you out quickly

which means, the gurus we watch on youtube are masters in psychology

it can't be otherwise

one of the strategies is not caring what people think of them

again,

back to yin yang tension in life

if you don't care what people think of you ( Tai Lopez and other gurus)

then the haters have no ground to stand and fight . it is yin

because there is nothing to fight ! no opponent reacting at the fight

you must have a ground to fight , physicaly of mentally = yang

you can't fight against emptyness

View attachment 21786

what lol

i have no idea what just happened

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Interesting to read the comments on this video, people saying his program is good and others asking is it good, and some even saying I know he's full of it but it must still be valuable right?
I'm sure it is. Here on the FLF, we just like to rip on marketers. ;)

Freedom61

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Mar 21, 2015
Tampa, FL
It's a little bit deeper than this.

There is no question, absolutely none, that Tai's "brand" is insanely valuable right now. It's a global viral phenomenon, with all associated YT videos at well over 100,000,000 views, 700k subs, 1M IG followers, similar SnapChat numbers, etc. He's name-dropped constantly (as a joke) on absolutely every branch of social media. And, as Donald Trump just taught everyone, if you're brought up constantly, even as an object of ridicule or derision, for long enough, eventually, you win big. The fact that he keeps taking up thread space on this forum, over and over, is evidence of just how insanely large his reach is.

But I don't think his brand will still be winning big in 5 years. Not in its current form, anyway.

I first found TMF years ago, and unlike almost every other business book I read around that time, it still rings just as true, and is just as helpful today. That's the magic of TMF , not that it was ever the "IT" thing of the moment, with hundreds of millions of shares, sales, and comments, but that it keeps being valuable year after year because it's not built on fakery or false images, but something really true, waiting there for anyone who is ready to see it, with no strings attached.

TMF is the paradigmatic example of a fastlane win, because the need-solving value, the logevity, the care, and the quality that went into it continue to make it earn money for the creator without spending the five or six figures a month that Tai must spend on advertising, because the item itself is valuable.

Tai would fade away quickly without new content and huge ad spend, because the genesis of his brand, its core value proposition, is smoke and mirrors and feel-good talk. That's the difference.

With the millions that he's making right now, take some of it & build a fastlane business or two :) Or invest similarly as one who had a fastlane exit & live off the interest, then build a fastlane business with the monthly income that's coming in. Something tells me he's likely already doing that, because that's what I'd do!

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
His teachings and training are formatted in such a way that it is impractical and nothing tangible. There is very little substantive value in what he says. It just sounds cool and "successful"

He regurgitates shit he reads and people eat it up like its the gospel.

He's a brilliant marketer no doubt,but he has no ethics in what he's doing.

These "gurus" are robbing people, they are sociopathic con artists.

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
HE TOLD US HIS SECRET!!! In this video he says "If there was a gun to my head and I had to make a million dollars I would take a big idea from a big market and take it to a small market."
He could had said the complete opposite too. For the same effect. Or a variant of that.
"You know what I do... I look for a big idea in a small market, something that hasn't been fully exploited. Then I bring it to a big market like the USA, Germany or Japan."

I guess in the video he is saying that a country's economic size is a market. Kind of funny. And we should make sure it's part of our destiny.

Last edited:

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
It's extremely basic. However, to say there's nothing of any practical use in it is not very charitable. Consider these four points:

Rich people acquire assets. The poor and middle class acquire liabilities, but think they are assets.

The state of investment income exceeding expenses is being “wealthy.”

Your profession is not your business, because you work for someone else.

You business revolves around your asset column. Focus on acquiring assets, not increasing income.

If you'd never heard any of those four things before RDPD, and you took them to heart after reading RDPD, the book was worth the price of admission. Shoot, it would have been a bargain at 5 times the price. If you've already started a business, then it's a waste of time.

I assure you I considered all these points, and I still stand by what I said.

If you recall, I said I learned nothing of practical use. Just as you can do an entire major of Cultural Anthropology and learn almost nothing of practical use, even though you have have learned enough about the subject to earn yourself a degree.

RDPD was much the same for me, and while I learned some new concepts, after finishing the book I had no idea how to apply them. I still had no idea how to just come up with $15000 to put a down-payment on a property to invest in. The only thing I could think of was get a job, which Kiyosaki seemed to think was blasphemy.

Added to that, the terms assets and liabilities, and the concept that wealthy people are wealthy through assets (which I'll add is extremely simplistic) is not exactly esoteric knowledge, and you can learn this from just about any finance book, or a quick Google search.
As for use in practicality, despite what Robert says, cars and properties are legally considered assets, and you would need to understand this if you were ever to do a genuine evaluation of yours, or another business.

You can see in my comment that I did however mention that I got value through the book because it propelled me to do more research on the subject on business, which ultimately led me to TMF , this forum, and various other mature resources. I would hardly consider making an honest assessment of the value one personally received from a certain book which they read four years ago to be a lack of charity.

VDon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jul 27, 2016
Well, what we can learn from those guys is, that even someone with no legit credentials or track record can hit big.

This whole pay it forward stuff, guess the ethnicity, driving lambos and shooting threes and whatnot produces no value to me at all, but the internet is full of people mirin hard and spreading the word. I guess Instagram alone can make this guy a million every year.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
BTW; I give credit to MJ's mom for literally giving birth to TMF. Without her forever would I be poor.

THIS.
Imma get her something for mother's day shall I?

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
They are your friends so why don't you just ask them what they have learned?
I'm kind of shy about asking them because we're not that close. I feel I can ask here because there is no connection here I have with anyone so I don't really feel any tension.

Squadus

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jun 13, 2015
Los Angeles
I am astonished at the amount of ignorance in this thread. My last post was completely ignored by people who still believe he is a "scammer".

His brand is valuable because he provides extremely valuable content.

You guys do know that if you search the Internet for evidence supporting and on the contrary you will find both. That is how misinformation works and it's all over reddit and forums from people who don't know better, and you guys are spreading falsity to each other. It's hilarious. Misinformation has been used to deceive people for millenia through religion, money and war.

The only way to form an educated opinion is to have actually experienced the damn thing.

I have been through his programs and am in his most recent Social Media Marketing Agency Program. I must say that is an amazing course and actually teaches you how to create a tangible business model (whereas The 67 Steps was focused on mindset).

Please stop spewing hate about Tai if you don't know what you're talking about. Thanks.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.