The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

F*ck This Guy - Tai Lopez

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I gave it about 20 seconds before jumping ahead to find it was just more stuttering distracted nonsense the whole way through. Frankly it was painful.
Painful is the word. He certainly repels those that wouldn't be his customers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Under-Dog

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jan 16, 2015
So.Cal
I'd bet that even though younger poeple don't watch as much TV as the older ones they waste as many hours (if not more) watching stupid crap (for example some informarkeTAIrs) on YT.

Majority of their time waste will probably be in social media

KrisB

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Feb 13, 2017
San Francisco
His stuff is basic. Won't make you rich, but if you don't understand the SMM Agency model it can start you in the right direction. Like the fella above, I tor'd and FF past the fluff (lots of fluff). Same with the Sam Ovens Stuff, it's just marketing and consulting basics.

Bottom line is, if the info is new to you and you take action, it will set you on that particular road. If you do nothing, you've wasted your time and money.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
guys, a lot of people make fun of him but he has got 750,000 followers on youtube

so maybe , he is not that stupid...

what would you do with 750,000 followers ?

in case you don't understand what it means, there are close to 35, 000 users on this forum

(35,000 / 750,000 ) x 100 = 4,66 %

MJ DeMarco doesn't even have 5 % of the audience of Tai Lopez

so yes i would rather be a moron with 750,000 subscriber instead of being a smart guy with 500 subscribers like a lot of people on youtube

being smart means mastering people's psychology and Tai Lopez is a Grand Master

Grand Master Tai Lopez versus Smart experts : 1-0

checkmate

Well, then the big question is:

Are you a grand master or are you one of his puppets?

JoshA

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Apr 14, 2017
USA
He is a bit of an
Look at it this way: the bigger Tai's following grows, the less competition you'll have. I think it's comedy though that he endorses something like 60 steps to success and reading a lot of books; something that most (if not all) of his fanbase will never do. Wait until Tai releases the condensed "6 steps to success for just $6 per day!" program; that should give him enough to buy a small island.

bitsinmyblood

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jun 29, 2017
Washington State, USA
I think there is subtle awareness taking place, and I hope both my books play a role in awakening the masses.

However that burgeoning awareness toward entrepreneurship has two huge institutional enemies, both educational and political, and they won't go quietly in the night, not with the power and money behind them. The SCRIPT is the code that runs the entire beast, and self-sufficiency is a threat to that beast.

Good point re: the status quo. Government and the educational industry certainly have a huge stake in kicking the can down the road. Modern politics is all about the perception of pushing for 'change' when in fact they're doing everything they can to 'control' (slow, hinder, stop) that change.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
yo lmfao this is awesome.. bump

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Haters gonna hate. In the end, he has a dope house with exotic cars and connections to people we can dream of. And he is banging tons of hot girls in their 20s.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Well, I tend to see it in a different light.

I feel the purpose of him making that video is to bring himself down to a more relatable level. He must have known that people are complaining about him, calling him a showoff and a fraud etc...

Thus, the need for this video to potray himself as a "humble, cool dude".

You can see this in the beginning of the video. Cody Ko and his friend "trespass" into Tai's home, got "caught" by Tai. But Tai, instead of taking out a gun to warn them or shout at them, is seen casually leaning against the door opening, with a drink in one hand (for added casual effect), looking chill and laid back, while he goes over to chat with the guys.

Now all those folks who are watching that video will be like " Wow, Tai is so chill man!" "Tai didn't even get angry with these guys, he's so humble AF!"

Of course, we all know the video is scripted, but either way, it still subtly conveys to the audience that he's an approachable and warm older brother, thus drawing even more fan rave and endearment to him.
The equivalent of this would be politicians carrying and kissing babies before elections.

Tai is a very intelligent guy who understands human psychology very well, and he's very good at manipulating them. Wouldn't be surprised if a few of his fans jizzed their pants everytime they watch his videos lol

Just my 2 cents. :smile:
omg lol

yo we all know the first part of the video is scripted

i don’t even think they were trying to hide that fact

the part that shows him as being a cool regular dude is after that.. the part that’s NOT scripted, when he’s just bullshitting with hose guys and talking about books etc.. like 3:10 on

also a lot of people don’t know this but Cody graduated from Duke university

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
That's not true, he isn't motivating anyone, he's getting richer by looking like he's motivating people but if you wanted to read a book you'd just go and do it.

That's the thing, people giving attention (and money) to Tai Lopez (or any other guru) are the least likely to be successful because every minute listening to him is a minute not spent on their life.

Followers don't learn, or they would be VERY BUSY with their own path to even know WTF Tai Lopez is.

He isn't motivating anyone? Please think about what you are saying here.

He is making reading books look cool just like rappers are making acting tough look cool. At least Tai Lopez is promoting a good thing. Who cares if he makes money.

You can learn a lot just by listening to his free videos.

Does he act shady sometimes and give a ''free lecture'' just to cut if off when it gets interesting in order to make people pay for the full lecture? Yes he does. But that is just his way of making money. He is still providing massive value.

Most of his followers are indeed action fakers, just like most people watching spirituality videos are action faking being spiritual. Just the nature of the human mind.

Anyways, I just see too much hate on Tai Lopez which he doesn't deserve. But he is certainly not my idol ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.