The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

eCommerce Marketplace Project

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

nutleydotie

eCommerce Development Consultant - www.snazzy.ie
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Nov 13, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Hey, Regular poster in @Fox 's Web Design Facebook Group,
Decided that there is an opportunity in the current crisis.

Background for anyone who doesn't know...
I run a sucsessful ecommece development agency.
We have the skills to build robust scalable systems for clients.
Find out more about that at www.snazzy.ie
Find out more about me at www.nutley.ie

So finally decided to bite the bullet and become my own client...

Over the past week or two I've noticed that there is a need to help get businesses selling online. With retail effectively dead, they need to sell online to try stay alive the other side of this.
Typically what I've seen is a small business shop based on price, and their limited budget. Web designers are trying to deliver a project worth €5k for less than €1.5k.

Web Designer makes F*ck all for the effort put in and the business gets a half arsed ecommerce solution that falls apart a few months later, and no one is happy.

I suggested to a few people about building a platform, put the correct effort in, and scale the system to have multiple users on the platform and pull in money form a percentage of revenue, and a monthly fee.

Not sure where you are in the world, but just-eat.ie is a prime example of how this can be done, €x per month guaranteed plus a percentage of all turn over.
This week took the first steps to saying "F*ck It" and starting my own.

There are a ton of butchers, bakers, vegetable shops that can't reach to their customers. I've decided to build a system to help local business deliver orders to local customers.
All payments, products, deliveries all organised in a convenient way for both vendor and customer. Ability to order from multiple vendors at once.

I've a bit of a dry patch and decided to do this in my downtime. Have secured the domain, and software. Giving myself an ambitious 7 days to get a proof of concept working and live.
I have plans for upsets and additional features over time. Tiered plans that offer more.

But for not the goal is to help small local retailers reach customers while this virus shit is destroying the economy.
I'll keep you posted, and see how it goes. I've all the technical ability to do this for someone else, so why not just do this and see what happens....

Appreciate and feedback / questions / encouragment...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fearo

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Oct 7, 2019
I suggested to a few people about building a platform, put the correct effort in, and scale the system to have multiple users on the platform and pull in money form a percentage of revenue, and a monthly fee.

Hi Snazzy

I'm a Middleware person so I know you will like this.

I was in a virtual queue to access Boots on Friday. I have to be honest I didn't even know such a thing existed.

The ability to scale is always important especially in the current climate. Perhaps we may not return to the way things were before, maybe even more retail online.

Best of luck in your venture. Keeping the day job while working your own project reminds me of night school. You've got to really feel the passion to keep going.

Enjoy.

P

nutleydotie

eCommerce Development Consultant - www.snazzy.ie
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Nov 13, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Hi,

Honestly surprised a major high street retails hasn't capacity.
In the past I've scaled eCommerce clients to handle 10k concurrent users and more than 25 transactions per minute at peak.

From a tech / stack point of view I know I can deliver. Am currently working on solutions for other clients, but with the downturn / pause of projects decided to try one for myself.

I really want to get multiple streams of income and know I can deliver the end product. I just need to get users on board.

Stephen

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.