The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creating a Thriving Personal Brand w/ YouTube - A Journal & A Personal Guide.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Wow...

What the f*ck. I had no idea that doing a video on a specific product gave a CPM THAT high. That's incredible.

I can only imagine what some of these kids' toy channels are getting. Thanks for this info @Fox!

As for re-investing back into production: 100% yes.

I don't intend on spending my money on anything other than improving my videos at the moment.

I'm going to be getting a new mic & video camera for sure, and I'm looking to either buy/rent a proper studio to record these videos, or just save up for a house and live/work there as well. That will include some lighting purchases as well.

My biggest issue as of right now is having my bedroom as the "backdrop" for when I physically appear in my videos, not to mention the terrible acoustics of the room. And yet it's still the best room in the house for me to use at the moment... :/

I could also rent a place for the short term, but I'd prefer to just save that money for a deposit.

Ya that is money very well spent. I have struggled with the rent an office/spare bedroom/buy thing also. If you can buy - go for it. I have spent like 60k plus on rent over the last few years probably!

Also if you own the space you can really set it up right and dial it in. But renting is fine too if you want a quicker solution. Look for a house with two bedrooms and use the bigger one for recording.

With lighting it can change things a LOT.
Here are two different videos made only 6 days apart...

I didn't really do any lighting work in the top video and imo it looks quite bad.
Bad lighting can make anyone look very tried/unhealthy very easily.

On Youtube there are a ton of great lighting tutorials so I am sure you will figure it out fast.

It is going to be exciting to watch how your production keeps going up! Great work dude.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
My biggest issue as of right now is having my bedroom as the "backdrop" for when I physically appear in my videos, not to mention the terrible acoustics of the room. And yet it's still the best room in the house for me to use at the moment... :/
Get a black screen for behind you, or “dress” it with book shelf, lighting etc? There’s a few YT videos showing how folks do that. I think the audio sounds good enough. That Brian G has a decent backdrop. It’s dark with a small light in the background, and the focus is on his face.

I’d love a studio with camera, mic, and lighting all setup, but I’ve a family to work around. Setting things up and taking them down each night wasn’t feasible.

Someone should come up with a folding studio. Ha.

I posted my current setup and also found an interesting video on YouTube here:
> NOTABLE! - [Progress] #AndyTalks

redshift

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Sep 4, 2018
I'm looking at a more efficient way of uploading the early screenings for the videos as opposed to doing it on an unlisted YouTube account - my fear is that the link can just be sent to whoever, which may cheapen the exclusivity of it all, and there's a risk of someone uploading it before it's released.

Vimeo might be a better option, and later you can transition to doing longer vimeo on demand videos as well (Share private videos: secure video sharing by Vimeo).

A Green Screen and Softbox Lighting Kit would go a long way with your editing skills ;) not sure about soundproofing / acoustics but I'm sure there's stuff out there for home studios.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Ya that is money very well spent. I have struggled with the rent an office/spare bedroom/buy thing also. If you can buy - go for it. I have spent like 60k plus on rent over the last few years probably!

Also if you own the space you can really set it up right and dial it in. But renting is fine too if you want a quicker solution. Look for a house with two bedrooms and use the bigger one for recording.

View attachment 33540

View attachment 33541

I didn't really do any lighting work in the top video and imo it looks quite bad.

On Youtube there are a ton of great lighting tutorials so I am sure you will figure it out fast.

It is going to be exciting to watch how your production keeps going up! Great work dude.

Yeh it's night and day difference really.

I fiddled around with my lighting set up at home it's better, but to many shadows.

I love the look of the blue in yours. I'm getting another light tomorrow and putting some sort of film over the light to change the colour, it just ads to the video and makes it more professional.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
Great to see that money coming in for you @Valier.
I hope it helps you make more great content and see even bigger growth.
Are you planning on reinvesting anything back into production for now?
(not that it needs it but just curious)

---

Just a quick note on CPM's - making any video that is closely related to a product or service is going to get you very high numbers. I made a quick video on Wix once (not even promoting it) that has a CPM over $100..

View attachment 33535

ANY product / service?
Hi wonder why ppl love to do review videos...

Visionary96

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Oct 23, 2018
Torquay, United Kingdom
I currently bank with HSBC and Lloyds. Both are typical High street banks. Took longer to set a company up through Lloyds but I think that was due to the extra regs these days.

You will get a year to 18 months free banking anyway.

I’m considering opening an account with Starling. Heard good things and they are Bank of the year 2020.

If you haven’t registered your company yet I can recommend Rapid Formations. Very pleased with their services and so are others if you check out their feedback.

Starling is really good. 24/7 live chat support and very easy to use!

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jan 19, 2016
Man I'm really motivated by you on starting back uploading on my small yt channel that I created during quarantine, I have like 35 subs and 20 short videos which for me are funny.

I just had one completely blow up for my size, getting 10 views a day and nearing 200, I thought it was a bad video and wanted to remove it too, I'm completely unprofessional and more on the jokes side even with decent editing.

I don't really want to make money off of it, I feel really good by watching my videos and right now I'm a little distracted on life so even if I can focus 1 hour a day on that I'd be super happy.

I still want to provide value on the matter of "joy" because I'm literally making a fool of myself just to make people laugh, my last videos I dance with my dog and make her talk when she does funny things with some classic music in the background.

Some of my friends are crazy over my content but I'm too hesitant to share it on my social media accounts, which among facebook insta etc.. I have like 3500 followers/friends, I guess if I shared I'd get a lot of views but nearly zero subs because most people don't even have youtube accounts, also I'm afraid of judgment from my parents if they find out.

Good job on doing it right from the beginning you are the best!

By the way italian youtubers seem to get abou 1.4€ dead precise per 1000 views, one guy just shared his board on a 400k video which made him a little more than 500€, it's crazy how different it is!

Last edited:

Valier

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,021%
Apr 3, 2019
UK, London

View attachment 33540

View attachment 33541

Wow! That's actually an incredible difference... damn. I really love the warm/cold colours, it creates such an intriguing/mystifying atmosphere - literally the exact sort of thing I would want in my videos.

Definitely given me some great ideas man, thank you!!

Someone should come up with a folding studio

:rofl: God knows how it would work, but I'd be willing to throw my money at it.

Valier

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,021%
Apr 3, 2019
UK, London
Vimeo might be a better option, and later you can transition to doing longer vimeo on demand videos as well (Share private videos: secure video sharing by Vimeo).

Yeah - Vimeo seems to be my only other option here, although I'm a little unsure as to how it would work exactly.

How does using Vimeo for Patreon differ from just uploading an unlisted YouTube video and linking it to my Patrons?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I linked to this earlier. I thought it was quite ingenious.

View: https://youtu.be/WedG8LKO6ks

This is my setup at the moment.

That light is ridiculously bright. I taped two sheets of paper over it to diffuse the light, and I record with it set to 12 out of 100!

This is what I bought (seems out of stock), but at least you can see they're cheap as well as being small and light.

LED Lights - YONGNUO YN600 Air Pro LED Video Light Panel 5500K Color Temperature Brightness Adjustable:
> YONGNUO YN600 Air Pro LED Video Light Panel 5500K Color: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

Mains power cable for above panel:
> Yongnuo AC Adapter Power Switching Charger for Yongnuo: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

I haven't really messed with the lighting much. It's good enough for lessons in my courses. I think the sound is fine, and would just like to hide the sockets behind me. I posted this to YouTube with that setup. (Take the content with a pinch of salt of course... @Valier is doing it slightly differently and getting great results.)

View: https://youtu.be/AXtoK_awTFQ

redshift

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Sep 4, 2018
Yeah - Vimeo seems to be my only other option here, although I'm a little unsure as to how it would work exactly.

How does using Vimeo for Patreon differ from just uploading an unlisted YouTube video and linking it to my Patrons?

Unlisted on YouTube is basically just a public video which doesn't show up in search or notify your subs etc. Anyone who has the url can still share the link on their website etc. Vimeo lets you create a password, so your patreons will get access to that password and need it to unlock the video. People could share the password as well tbh but its more of a mental block then sharing a url I think. I think they have some DRM stuff to prevent downloads also, not entirely sure.

There's YouTube private as well, but it has a 50 user limit so not sure if that would work for you. This only works for accounts you invite.

Jemmalee

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Jun 15, 2020
UK
Just popping here to say 2 things.
Well done on your channel growth and the reason I am here is due to consuming one of your vids where you mentioned MJ. (As mentioned in my Intro post)

Second, Nice to see a another UK human here. Hey

Jessica Reid

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 9, 2020
New Jersey
Let's get this started with a basic introduction.

Hi, I'm James. 19 y/o from the UK, chose not to go university since there wasn't any subject I wanted to study that would suit my direction in life. The big goal is to be semi-retired by 30, but that's okay if I don't get there, I'm focusing on the process and journey above all else.

I recently started up my new business which if you are a FLF INSIDERS, you can find my thread here:

So then, what's this about a personal brand & a YouTube channel?
I came to a realisation that I wish I had come to a few years back: a personal brand is an incredibly powerful thing. Especially in business, and especially if you are trying to go fastlane.

With just 100 loyal fans you can do so much to promote your other side hustles, and/or monetise that audience.

This realisation drove me to conclude that I wanted to start building up my own personal brand - right now, with no hesitation, and do my absolute best to get this thing up and running because let's all be clear here: the odds are not in my favour. There are so many channels out there, that it's damn near impossible to be seen amongst the crowd...
or is it?

A Guide as well as Documentation

The purpose of this thread is to not only document my process and journey, but also provide a guide for what is working/isn't working and how you can learn from whatever mistakes I make.

Provide value above all else, as always.

Keeping it Honest and Real
Like in my INSIDERS thread, I want to be entirely transparent with everyone and keep it as real & as honest as I can.

If one day I decide to just quit the whole thing I will document it on here. I'm in this till I either succeed, pivot, or quit, and you'll have a clear picture on where this process will take me, and where I may have gone wrong/gone right.

What's Been Done So Far...
I already have my channel up and running, and as a matter of fact, you can check out my first video here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg6CGNoynDI

How the First Video Went.
Keeping up with the theme of transparency: I was very nervous when recording and releasing this video.

I've done a lot of acting throughout my childhood - teenage years, and making this video was more nerve wrecking to me than any audition that I've done in the past. But this is the first barrier that people will face if you're trying to make it on this platform: THE FEAR OF POSTING YOUR FIRST VIDEO.

Once I posted that video, I felt a slight sense of relief. I sent a few messages out to some close friends who I had told I was starting this channel up, and they went on to watch it. And a few of them shared the video on their Instagram stories.

Let me be clear here: I was too nervous to post this video on my social media. That's why I just DM'd some friends, in the hopes that I can land maybe 80 views on the video to get me started off.

But once some of these friends posted it to their story something amazing happened: other people started sharing it on their story. Some of these people were friends, but there were also some that I hadn't spoken to or seen in a while that shared it. I even had some really kind messages about how they found the video really helpful and well done.

I really didn't think it was a great video at first. I thought it was bad, and kinda boring because the nerves really stopped me from bringing the energy to the screen that I usually could do with acting. My only intention was to post the first video no matter how nervous I felt about it.

After I felt that positive feedback, I finally made the leap and posted it to my own socials. In total the video sits at around 260 views, 32 likes, and 8 comments. I was more than impressed by that as a debut video - I genuinely didn't think it would surpass 100. I earned about 35 subscribers in total from that video, and a few new followers on my Instagram.

The Goals.
My goal isn't really to be 'internet famous' or anything like that. It's simply to get a personal brand started up, have my name put out there, share some genuine advice from someone who is passionate about entrepreneurship, and self development (no 'woo-woo' selling my $1500+ course shit), and see where it goes.

If you're looking for some specific targeted goals, here's my main objective for the year:
Reach 1,000 subscribers by 2021.

That's all. For now. The reason why I say this is that the subscriber count is really just a vanity metric. I'm more interested in improving things like watch time, and Click-Through-Rate (CTR) - y'know, the metrics that actually count. But until I have some data from my own videos to work off, I can't set those targets as of right now.

My aim is to post once a week. Although it may be once every two weeks every so often. Truth is, I'm balancing three things here: the channel is one thing, the full time job is another, and my other side hustle which I've been working super hard on is the third. Ideally, the latter two are working hand-in-hand, but that doesn't deviate from the fact that my full time job as an estate agent has some ungodly hours that can really eat into free time.

But again, all will be documented here.

Conclusion
That's about it for now.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me them.

And most importantly: ALL feedback is appreciated, the good, the bad, the ugly. All of it.

Have a wonderful weekend folks
Geez...and here you are...you're almost at 200K subbies...and its 2020. I freakin love your videos. Keep it up.

humananalytics

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 7, 2020
USA
Thanks for answering my previous question! I'm really quite impressed with the video editing quality and improvement in video editing from your first video to now.

I've found the learning curve for video editing is quite difficult to overcome. I know you're thinking about releasing a course, but any general tips?

Valier

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,021%
Apr 3, 2019
UK, London
Thanks for answering my previous question! I'm really quite impressed with the video editing quality and improvement in video editing from your first video to now.

I've found the learning curve for video editing is quite difficult to overcome. I know you're thinking about releasing a course, but any general tips?

A huge game changer for me was when I started actually looking at the video editing of other videos/doccumentaries/advertisments.

When I actually kept my eye out for anything that made me go "oh wow, that's cool", I would screenshot it on my phone/save the link (these can be anything from a random YT video, a Netflix doccumentary, an advertisement, etc).

Then I'd try and replicate a similar effect in my own video by watching YouTube turorials - and although sometimes I may not get exactly what I had wanted, I will have definitely learnt about a new tool/technique that I end up using in the future.

Sometimes it's not the fault of the persons' video editing skills, moreso than it is their imagination when video editing. A great many effects can be achieved with just a solid grasp on the basics of your video editing software!

Let me know if that helps :D

Last edited:

humananalytics

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 7, 2020
USA
A huge game changer for me was when I started actually looking at the video editing of other videos/doccumentaries/advertisments.

When I actually kept my eye out for anything that made me go "oh wow, that's cool", I would screenshot it on my phone/save the link (these can be anything from a random YT video, a Netflix doccumentary, an advertisement, etc).

I like the approach, thanks James. Definitely helpful!

StarVoyager

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jun 3, 2020
Missouri, USA

Then I'd try and replicate a similar effect in my own video by watching YouTube turorials - and although sometimes I may not get exactly what I had wanted, I will have definitely learnt about a new tool/technique that I end up using in the future.

Sometimes it's not the fault of the persons' video editing skills, moreso than it is their imagination when video editing. A great many effects can be achieved with just a solid grasp on the basics of your video editing software!

This! I’ve been doing the same thing. I’m looking differently at docu-styles and looking at methods, transitions, etc. It’s been eye-opening. Can’t wait to get started.

btw @Valier do you script everything out first and do the audio or do the video and add the audio afterwards?

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Just seen your teaser video. Love the way you are building the anticipation. It will be interesting to see how many people are there for the launch.

Well done on cracking 200k. I seen 212k a few minutes ago so went to double check that was right and its now reading 213k. lol Unreal growth. Here's to your first quarter million.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Here's the trailer if the rest of the forum hasn't seen it...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujePSkRe3Ns

Never heard of this Tyler1 dude, but I'm definitely intrigued!

James, aside from the video creation, you have a great voice for this. Americans love the English accent, gives the content a real authentic feel.

Valier

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,021%
Apr 3, 2019
UK, London
btw @Valier do you script everything out first and do the audio or do the video and add the audio afterwards?

Yup! The process normally goes: find the idea >> research >> script >> film >> edit. Although sometimes I may find pieces of music along this process that I really enjoy and know that I'll end up using in the final product.

Just seen your teaser video. Love the way you are building the anticipation. It will be interesting to see how many people are there for the launch.

Yeah - I don't think I've seen other channels try and do something where they build hype towards a video and premiere it almost like its own movie/tv show, so definitely want to experiment with that for the next few videos.

Definitely interested to see what the actualy premiere event will look like. But even if it's a low number, I'm honestly not bothered at all. I think I'm still incredibly early on this journey, and there's plenty of stuff to learn!

Trailer was wicked james mate. You're doing everything right with this channel.

Glad you enjoyed it Visionary - really appreciate the support, as always my friend :D

Never heard of this Tyler1 dude, but I'm definitely intrigued!

Thank you MJ!!

Yeah - I mentioned it on my last update (before the channel blew up) that I was going to be making a video that could be a little risky. Tyler1 is obvioiusly part of a niche community, or at least, a community that wouldn't normally be associated with the content of my own channel.

I'll get into my reasoning/strategy behind making this video once it's released and I make the update post on it!

James, aside from the video creation, you have a great voice for this. Americans love the English accent, gives the content a real authentic feel.

Thanks again MJ! Ahaha, I've been told that English accents are loved in the States - which is great considering the majority of my audience are American :D

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011
Interesting to watch a youtube success story unfold! It's far from easy but you have proved that's it's very possible when you play your cards right.

Making content around the most profitable niche on youtube (cpm wise) is a good setup for massive adsense revenue.

I have a couple virals that have been paying me since 2016 so you could be seeing a steady paycheck for years to come my friend.

I've been on youtube since its early years with ups and downs in my success.

If you ever want to bounce ideas off each other let me know! It's hard to find fellow youtubers to network with that have gotten past the "startup" stage.

EDIT: Had a chance to check out your channel. Phenomenal editing right off the rip. Do you have any editing experience prior to this channel? I can't fathom the incredible amount of time it would take a beginner to edit the quality of videos you are putting out.

Last edited:

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Apr 5, 2019
VA
Unexpected to see you doing a vid on Tyler1, my friends and I are pretty big Tyler1 fans. Didn't even get into him for League content, he's just such a good entertainer its fun to watch.
Looking forward to it.

StarVoyager

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jun 3, 2020
Missouri, USA
Whoa! I just saw the trailer. Never heard of this guy either but now I want to hear the story! LOL Plus, I can hardly wait to see how the revenue it doing for your channel. So exciting! And great work. ;)

classichouse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Feb 1, 2017
Germany
@Valier

Hello Valier,
In one of your first posts you mentioned how important the click-through rate and the playback time are. Would you now confirm that afterwards?
Maybe the question is a little indistinct, but could you give us a hint how the click-through rates and playback time and playback time in percent are for a real hit? That we have a benchmark for our own videos, how badly do these compare? I thank you very much in advance, if the question is too discreet I understand it of course.

With best regards!
Classichouse

Valier

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,021%
Apr 3, 2019
UK, London
Unexpected to see you doing a vid on Tyler1, my friends and I are pretty big Tyler1 fans. Didn't even get into him for League content, he's just such a good entertainer its fun to watch.

Yeah - I know. It's definitely "out there" comparing it to my content on the channel. I'd already been scripting it and editing it before the channel took off like it has now, and if I could go back I maybe might have picked a different topic to suit my audience more, but I'm super proud of how this one turned out, and it looks like there's no changing now :D

In one of your first posts you mentioned how important the click-through rate and the playback time are. Would you now confirm that afterwards?

Yes!!

So, I've actually been talking to some other YouTubers on the platform, and the general consensus is:

A click-through-rate of around 10 - 15%, combined with a watch time of 40-50% (depending on the length of the video, of course) is generally the recipe for a video that will be pushed by the algorithm.

Bare in mind though, that as the algorithm continues pushing your video, you can expect the CTR to start decreasing i.e my "Untold Truth about Money" video has a CTR of around 3%, but is still getting thousands of views per hour.

Hope that helps

classichouse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Feb 1, 2017
Germany
So there must also be a connection between how well a topic can be pushed into other target groups. I think your videos have this entertainment factor, documentation style. Documentaries on news channels are watched a lot, even though it is sometimes absurd topics like deep sea fishing or something that most people in your life never concern. I see a combination of interesting facts, simply prepared for the masses seems to be a success factor.

So is this type of video the "iphone" that has easy access to technology for the masses as a basis for success for youtube videos?

I'm really curious how the new video of you works, the topic is very niche.

Edit:
I really would have thought that the viewing time, with a real hit, is really longer in the direction of 60-70%. But the benchmark actually seems to be 50%.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Consider getting more exposure to your buttery voice.
Still the best comment on this thread imo.

Consider investing in your buttery asset, voice training, and enunciate! LOL

Think Orson Welles & Vincent Price.

Be a whole new dimension to your videos.

redshift

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Sep 4, 2018
That trailer gave me the chills! Your voice does work really well with this kind of content.

Never heard of this tyler1 guy either but his 2.3m subscribers might be coming your way soon.

I think its a great move in broadening your reach and sounds like a compelling story as well!

Prodox

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jun 1, 2020
Tokyo
A click-through-rate of around 10 - 15%, combined with a watch time of 40-50% (depending on the length of the video, of course) is generally the recipe for a video that will be pushed by the algorithm.

I see, I see...

I've recently started a channel and have two videos under my belt. One has 16.2% click-through and the other has 12.9%, but my watch time is hovering under 30%.

Clearly I need to figure out how to make more engaging content... I've identified a few mistakes I made that cause big drops, so that should help!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.