The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creating a Thriving Personal Brand w/ YouTube - A Journal & A Personal Guide.

Fabs

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Feb 27, 2022
Germany
This a great success story regarding the size of your account by now! Huge respect.

Nhervel 1

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Sep 17, 2020
Cameroon
J'ai lu ce fil toute la nuit
Je n'ai pas perdu une miette
Valier m'a littéralement coupé le sommeil

J'ai eu l'impression de te suivre dès tes débuts jusqu'à ta réussite
Je me suis glissé dans ta peau et ça m'a permis de vivre ce que s'est que monter une structure fastlane
Je pourrais même dire que tu es un bon exemple de la mise en pratique des conseils de MJ
Quelle Dopamine pour la suite
J'ai été très enchanté de vous lire
Surtout que j'ai depuis fort longtemps voulu monter une chaîne YouTube sur l'électronique et j'avais abandonné le projet
Car ce milieu me paraissait tellement inconnu surtout au niveau de la monétisation
Bien-sûr que c'était avant que je ne lise les écrits de MJ
Mais après, rien n'a véritablement changé

Depuis hier, J'ai assisté à un séminaire en te lisant
Je sais maintenant comment commencer et ce qui m'attend
Et de même pour tout autres domaines

Last edited:

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Well done @Valier! Your thread is enlightening and inspiring, thanks for the journey so far!

Dockid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Aug 23, 2022
Well done @Valier! Your thread is enlightening and inspiring, thanks for the journey so far!
Wow, talk about backing up what your preach. Gave tips for YouTube growth and started from zero all the way to 1 million. Incredible.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MartinG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Aug 22, 2015
Does anyone have a strategy they use after they upload their video to publicise it and maximise its chances of getting as many views as possible?

Amerstain

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 3, 2022
belgium, leuven
Update 1. The Two Metrics that Matter Over EVERYTHING.

The Second Video is Out
Already had it scheduled for today - and it's officially out:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Gpr7PEnbs&feature=youtu.be

Had a really fun time creating that video - it's all about the business model of some of these 'online gurus' when it comes to selling their courses + programs, and how their marketing can be incredibly deceiving and taking advantage of people in a vulnerable position financially.

Check it out if that interests you. But more importantly...

Researching the Algorithm
So I've been doing quite a bit of research and have found some amazing videos that can help you if you're trying to understand how to grow on Youtube.

The overall rule at the moment is this: the Youtube Algorithm is Your God.

Youtube's algorithm is what decides whether or not your video should be suggested to other users on the platform. It's like God passing a judgment over your video - if the algorithm favours you, you'll get some good views, and if the algorithm loves you, then you'll have a "viral" video.

But what does the algorithm even look for?

The Two Metrics That Matter the Most
Watch time.
Click-Through-Rate (CTR from now on).

These two single metrics will give the algorithm a good enough idea of how much they want your video to be promoted.

Watch time is the total amount of time, on average that viewers spend watching your video.

Click-Through-Rate is how many people who have seen your youtube video appear on their search/suggested videos/any other location on Youtube (otherwise known as impressions) and have actually clicked on your video from there.

These two single metrics explain what the algorithm favours.

I will create another post with a little more information. But check out these amazing videos that are incredibly insightful for growing a Youtube channel:

This guy explains how one of his videos went viral (side note: that viral video is now at 42MILLION views).
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHsa9DqmId8

Here is a video by Devin Nash:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBNpgKkjTpU

Seriously, this guy has some awesome videos on business, but some gold dust on building a Youtube channel/personal brand. I highly recommend you go through some of his videos.

Here is a good look into how Mr.Beast (the fastest growing Youtuber at the moment) managed to build his success:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ-ogw8AZ3o
I watched and studied your channel before seeing you here. I must say damn, you have made so much progress and i never expected to see you here, it's funny, we all really start somewhere. I wish you the best of luck, i will try and overcome my hurdles too.

Trames11

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 5, 2022
Very helpful thread; will come back if I want to start a personal brand. Over 1m subscribers now! Very cool.

kendamakid

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Apr 14, 2018
USA
Congrats to James @Valier, who just went over 1M subscribers.
This is an excellent thread. Covers a lot of @MJ DeMarco discusses in his books.

Very detailed into some of the thought processes required as well as the process of succeeding on YT. There are so many easy shortcut videos on YT on how to succeed on the platform but this is much more insightful.

Congrats @Valier

Cybom

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Dec 18, 2021
I've just read this thread from the beginning and I'm super impressed by the quality and the exponential grow!
While I'm trying get a YT channel started for a few months, that's really inspiring!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@Valier's latest release below:

Well done video.

Sadly when you look at the video and all the people "pumping" up crypto, it's all young men who put all their "get rich" eggs in the crypto basket. They have a vested interested in its continued tulip pump. James even mentioned it in the video, that many view "crypto" as their only hope of financial freedom.

Truly sad.

The best take of the video is crypto is still searching hard for its "utility value" -- a fact that cannot be denied.

This video is so good, it could easily be slightly reproduced with some expert interviews and appear on Netflix.

MartinG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Aug 22, 2015
Well done video.

Sadly when you look at the video and all the people "pumping" up crypto, it's all young men who put all their "get rich" eggs in the crypto basket. They have a vested interested in its continued tulip pump. James even mentioned it in the video, that many view "crypto" as their only hope of financial freedom.

Truly sad.

The best take of the video is crypto is still searching hard for its "utility value" -- a fact that cannot be denied.

This video is so good, it could easily be slightly reproduced with some expert interviews and appear on Netflix.

I think it was like 8 months in the making from what I gather.

The man has got massive talent in voice and his ability to create these styles of videos.

Fair play.

melanieps

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Sep 1, 2021
@Valier James! Thanks and Congratulations! Is incredible how far you've come. You're real proof that you don't need to follow the "pop, trendy topics", and make zillion videos with no value, like lots of youtbers. You're making excellent content with high quality and incredible value that for sure is changing minds and lives. Your last video help me a lot, I wanted to invest in bitcoin years ago, just in the beginning, but for some reason I didn't.. and I always wondered "what if.. " and from time to time I would come back to it "should I do it now". I felt I was missing on the big thing. But now I know better thanks to you. I feel at peace and grateful. Keep up the great work! :fistbump:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.