The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Conquered Freelancing, Let's See How I Do Scaling an Agency

JustPawel

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 11, 2017
Poland
If anyone knows a professional I can outsource demo video creation to that would help immensely :)
Hey man, I'm following your thread for some time. Really enjoying the process.

I do videos for different business purposes on a daily basis. I'm not sure if I'll be able to help you, but we can always have a quick chat on PM.

Good luck with your efforts!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Numerous "tools".

Few things:
1. I use google-fu A LOT. Example:
  • site:docs.google.com/spreadsheets B2B Software Startups
2. I also browse MANY articles/lists/directories related to my industry like -> growthlist.co
I add the CEO or highest executive I can on LinkedIn (but this is more relationship building vs. lead generation).

3. Cold emails (and maybe even cold calling as @Black_Dragon43 suggested to me). I'll be honest I get mega anxiety thinking about cold calls, but I'm great on the phone, so it might become my most potent strategy. Who knows.

4. Highly targeted keywords + Google Ads (PAID ads)

My process in a nutshell:
1. Find a company who could use help with content marketing
2. Load the company website into SERPStat
3. Analyze traffic/visibility trend
4. Find/Add CEO to LinkedIn
5. Load website into hunter.io/Google/whatever to get email of CEO
6. Build email list
7. MANUALLY email each member on the list with a personalized email. Firsthand data indicated CEO's will not open an email unless its highly personalized and REALLY speaks to their need.
LinkedIn itself is a good source for CEO emails. Just click "Contact Information" and you usually land upon a personal email.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Case Studies: just make them generic (if possible)

Example, We did a job for a client, they work in B2B between manufactures and end user hospitals.. by leveraging our advanced SAAS platform, they were able to increase sales by 30% without hiring any new people, AND their existing employees were able to do it without working weekends!
Their employees attributed their success (mostly) to our SOP section of our platform... see a video of our SOP section in action by clicking here (youtube link, keeps it under 30 seconds)

BlackSuperman

What Legacy Will You Leave Behind?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
341%
Sep 6, 2020
United States
Small Update:

Just got off a call with one of my clients. She mentioned that social media content for her is taking WAY too much time. She also was concerned about social media in general because most social media professionals she spoke with wanted to charge her $1,500 to create social media/manage her social media.

This was concerning to me, so I asked why they charge $1,500 if all you need is content creation, and she said they didn't offer it. So I said we can handle it for her for an extra $200 because it's only 12 posts, she has everything we need available, and we're already writing her content. She agreed, and so we'll be handling that aspect for her. Not managing her social media, she'll still do that, BUT we'll be creating content. I also provided her a general game plan to follow so she'll maximize her results.

Lesson to take away:
Ask more questions.
Dive into their pain points.
Get to the why.
Offer a solution.

But only if you can realistically do it. We offered her social media content creation but not management because it's just something we can't do. Don't over-extend yourself but also be open to opportunities.

MRR increased by +$200

Last edited:

BlackSuperman

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
341%
Sep 6, 2020
United States
Process Update:

Things have remained steady—unfortunately, no new clients. But I am reaching out to my market. No excuses.

My process involves:
Pulling prospect info from Apollo.io
Exporting to Google Sheet
Importing the Sheet into Hubspot
Load the prospect's website into an SEO platform like SEMRush or Ahref's
I look for specific indicators. Once found, I update the "lead status" & add their name as a card on Trello. They've officially entered my contact sequence.

From there, I add them on LinkedIn & send out the first cold email. Usually, I get no response, so I plan to continuously follow up every few days until they reply/8 emails go by without a single response.

I've sent out about 20 emails so far (my list is HYPER targeted, though), and I know these particular companies are trying to create content but can't consistently. So no giving up. They'll all eventually find some agency. I might as well be the first in line!

Current Clients: 2
End of 2022 Client Goal: 10

bracknelson

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 28, 2020
Hey FLF friends!

It's been a minute since I've last posted, and I think it's time to get back to it. My last trial, going from zero to hero freelancer status went swimmingly (which you can find here . Now it's time to take what I learned from my journey as a freelancer and apply it to an agency I can scale.

So far I've been at this since mid-July. Booked my first client a mid-size eCommerce platform. Put together an awesome team who knows how to get sh*t done, shout out to these awesome dudes!

I'm going to keep this short:
Current Agency Clients: 2
MRR: $1,000/month

I'm going to use this as a knowledge source for those who also want to move away from freelancing and plan to scale an agency.

P.S. I'll be sharing all my systems and processes as I go. I promise the next update will have more actionable information.
Every freelancer desires a website & a great rating of the services that you provide, irrespective of how old school your business or clients may be or you have to be a great profile on all social media channels.
Even if they locate you on social media or Google, they may need to visit your website, and like your Google listing, it serves to promote your business 24 hours a day, seven days a week. I describe LinkedIn for how you can generate great leads on Linkedin by:
Make Their Eyes Get Stuck On Your Business page
Reach Out to Relevant Audience
Write Content that Initiates Conversation
Try To Build Healthy Relationships
Identify Your Top-Performing Content via LinkedIn Analytics

For further details & how to apply these techniques, [PROMOTIONAL BACKLINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR]

BlackSuperman

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
341%
Sep 6, 2020
United States
Every freelancer desires a website & a great rating of the services that you provide, irrespective of how old school your business or clients may be or you have to be a great profile on all social media channels.
Even if they locate you on social media or Google, they may need to visit your website, and like your Google listing, it serves to promote your business 24 hours a day, seven days a week. I describe LinkedIn for how you can generate great leads on Linkedin by:
Make Their Eyes Get Stuck On Your Business page
Reach Out to Relevant Audience
Write Content that Initiates Conversation
Try To Build Healthy Relationships
Identify Your Top-Performing Content via LinkedIn Analytics

For further details & how to apply these techniques, read this blog.
This sounds more like a promotional post....

BlackSuperman

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
341%
Sep 6, 2020
United States
It has been a hot minute since I've shot an update.

The last time I provided an update, the topic was about the case study and the consequence aftermath.

All has been well with this client. Mid-Oct/Early Nov, I realized that it might be a bit difficult to convince our target market to hire us with the way I set up the agency.

So I took a back seat on the lead, focused on getting my current clients absolutely killer results. That has been the focus. Now, it looks like it's paid off. One of the agency's bigger clients (even though now work requests have slowed on their side) said that between the time of us starting and that particular week, sales have doubled (for the same 2 quarters, not the whole year), which is great!

Currently, I'm awaiting video testimonials and for our clients to release the data I can share in a case study.

Now, I did end up picking up a remote job. I ran out of money and thus needed to earn some. I applied for a remote pt position as a phone customer service rep. I got promoted to handle corporate accounts literally a few days ago.

So now money flow is there, I still have time and plenty of energy to work on the agency's client acquisition strategy and implementation.

I'm in a comfortable yet uncomfortable spot, as I've never felt so motivated to keep moving forward. Probably because I finally have proof that what we're doing is bringing in positive ROI for our clients. Just confidence boost. It helps, though, a lot!

At the moment, I'm splitting my team with networking, SEO, and getting content created for the agency. Before, I wanted it to be a secondary business, but now I really want to make it a 6, maybe even 7, figure agency.

But yeah, that is what's been going on!

PS: Hard tasks were taken as well.

1. Our website has been re-designed, SEO optimized, and content is currently being created to help improve MQLs.

2. Documented strategies, processes, and "templates" have been implemented for our team. This helps unify all projects/campaigns.

3. I've submitted the agency to over 30+ marketing directories for backlinks as well as the occasional random "walk-in/website landing."

4. I've picked up a PT, fully remote job to help pay bills but also allow me to experiment with more paid solutions to my problems/bottlenecks.

5. Services have expanded based on need. Many potential clients were interested in content but needed results ASAP. Some others had a content system but has a terrible time promoting that content. I've done SM, PPC, and CM so far. Figured I can create a full-service solution for my target market.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
What are all the services you offer? I've read over your 2 threads mostly and gather you do web design, Google ads, and content for social media, website copy, and blog posts. Does this cover it? Where would you say is your core offering?

BlackSuperman

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
341%
Sep 6, 2020
United States
What are all the services you offer? I've read over your 2 threads mostly and gather you do web design, Google ads, and content for social media, website copy, and blog posts. Does this cover it? Where would you say is your core offering?
Now I offer growth services - a combination of ppc for under 1M ARR startups, social media marketing for 1M-10M, and content marketing.

Core offering is definitely social media + content marketing.
Only recently threw ads into the mix, as i realized many prospects and leads were looking for quicker results but didn't want to neglect content either.

BlackSuperman

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
341%
Sep 6, 2020
United States
Those 3 because I already have pretty massive proof of results. Just makes it easier. Also, thought to myself why not. haha. My current clients seem to be interested in the additional service so im really pleased i made the right mvoe. Now I just need to close them on the new pricing. Becuase it's vastly dif then what they are paying.

Gazbo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Dec 9, 2021
Sydney
Great thread, so stoked for you. Wishing you every success with it.

I'm in a very similar position, getting ready to scale and expand, gain more clients etc.

Following with avid interest!

BlackSuperman

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
341%
Sep 6, 2020
United States
Update:

Did a complete PPC set up, set up all social media accounts for scheduled posts, and the website is 100% fully finished (with content).

I have the automated lead gen systems created and implemented, but I can solely focus on a more manual lead gen process. The goal is to have a predictable system that creates a predictable close rate and then document that system and outsource to a V.A.

I'm still awaiting one of my client's video testimonials, and once that is done, I'll be creating content around the testimonial (with my client's approval, of course).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.