When I got fifty it became very noticeable and I found returning to weight training really helped and it was amazing how quickly I got back into the routine.more limber. I'm getting older and I can tell the muscles are not what they use to be
- Process - Stretch for 15 min a day as part of morning ritual.
100 lbs lost by 2019 Summit (February)
we've all got some weight to lose.
I use to weigh in at about 310. I'm down to 235 now just from intermittent fasting and trying to cut back on soda in exchange for water.
Guys just a word here...
All of these goals are dependent on one thing: What you eat. That is 90% of the process, the other 10% is exercise, getting your heart rate up, gym, etc.
Last year we didn't have a Summit because I was having health issues.
I won't go into those, but this year the Summit happened because my health improved.
Why did it improve?
Did I start taking a pharma pill? Did I have a surgery? Did I hit the gym 5 days a week?
Nope, all I did was attack the BIGGEST PROCESS responsible for health and body ... I changed what I put in my mouth.
While I'm still not out of the woods, you don't change 10 years of chronic issues with a few months of dietary changes.
At the end of the day, what you put in your mouth will change everything because it is something that happens 10X a day. And this needs to be permanent, a lifestyle, not something that happens a few weeks and then returns to a baseline normal of junk food.
The yo-yo weight gain/loss is the difference between a lifestyle and a diet.
Lifestyles are permanent.
Diets are temporary.
Hence, the yo-yo.
The new lifestyle should have a combo of:
Wishing you all the best of success.
- Reduce sugars and empty garbage carbs.
- Reduce highly processed crap (stuff on the interior of the grocery store)
- More veggies and fruits.
- Less meat and diary.
- Read labels
- Move toward eating whole foods, stuff closer to their natural state.
I consider dietary changes the most difficult thing to change because they involve bio-chemistry with addictive components ... for example, they've proven that sugar and cheese has a similar dopamine response to drugs.
Not only are you fighting your habits, you will be fighting your body's bio-chemical response to the absence of addictive substances ... substances that are purposely put there by the food companies so you will eat more and more...
And that's another thread.
@Philip Marlowe,@DrkSide , @Raoul Duke , and @Chitown - we've all got some weight to lose. I'm down 20 (from a brutally honest Doctor's appointment just before the meet-up) but need to drop another 80.
Imagine carrying a backpack with 80 lbs in it. All the time. And then imagine putting it down and never picking-it back up. I always thought I was fit - a "big guy".
Let's do this.
I need to add more people and create better processes for lots of what we do.
My goals before the 2019 summit are:
1. 2.5m revenue from ecom
- add 10 skus
- increase control in manufacturing process
- implement content creation processes' and ambassador program
I do not know you or your situation, but you have to aim higher. You need to get uncomfortable trying to reach your goals, that is where the growth occurs.
Would you rather set low goals that you achieve, or super difficult ones that you grew like crazy and then fell slightly short of? I'd personally take the growth every day of the week.
Join Fastlane Insiders.