• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

MEETUPS 2019 Fastlane Summit: Preliminary Speaker Call

Discussion in 'Networking, Socializing, Meet-Ups' started by MJ DeMarco, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Xeon

Xeon All Cars Kneel Before Pagani. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,930
    I nominate @rpeck90 for branding topics, and for his extraordinary ability to read and analyse deep into the intangible and invisible aspects of branding and marketing.

2. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $164,435
    Thanks @million$$$smile (and @Raoul Duke).

I’m not sure I’d be taking a trip abroad. We’ll see nearer the time.

I post loads of stories and learnings from the coalface in TFLF. Curious what folks would want me to present on:

Getting started fast and cheap with paid search so you can build a business case of whether to proceed or not?

Getting started fast and cheap by helping people in forums and Facebook groups? (What I semi-jokingly call my Engage Method to Ryan Levesque’s Ask Method.)

Lessons learned managing a team of 35 spending €120k/day, and in a tech startup building 120m keywords and ads?

How I’m trying to help people with content by keeping it a byproduct of the work I do, and not become a content creator per se? (This is a work in progress but people do ask how and why I create so much free content.)

Similar to the above, how I joined TFLF, dropped loads of articles, and had the ban hammer hovering over me. Hmmm... maybe I’m not the best to talk about that. Haha.

Other?

If I don’t make it maybe I can create some more material and drop it in here to help folks anyway?

Aleph, Vigilante, Shinebabe and 10 others like this.
  3. Arun Siva

Arun Siva aspiring 大君 of the bourgeoisie Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $12,060
    am honored bro.

Greg R likes this.
  4. JAVB

JAVB Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $267
    I'm attending. Count me in.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

5. Gary

Gary Elevatin' the Celebratin' Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $1,637
    @Get Right , we'd be honored to hear you again. I vote for your potential funding topic.

c4n, Greg R, Get Right and 2 others like this.
  6. eliquid

eliquid ( Jason Brown ) Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $45,094
    I still have a few topics in me, so I'll throw my hat in the ring again

Red, Vigilante, Arun Siva and 11 others like this.
  7. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,621
    I'm planning on being there! Want to hear my talk on how to (re)structure your business for time freedom, or I could focus on one of the 6 parts:

Values-Based Strategy
    Marketing to Passionate People
    Corporate Culture & Outreach Tactics
    Actionable Metrics
    Integrated Tools
    CYA Legalities

Gee, I guess I should join the Insiders if I really want a ticket, eh?

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  8. MarkTheNatural

MarkTheNatural Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $233
    As a new “Insider” I’m excited for my first Summit since I’ve found this forum extremely valuable so far, not too mention interesting. I imagine hearing some of you speak will be even better. I haven’t added much value you to this forum, but I plan to. For now the only value exchange I can offer is a drink on me at the summit I look forward to meeting you guys!

(I also need more reasons to get out of butt -f*cking cold a$$ Michigan in February )

MJ DeMarco and Ashish Kulkarni like this.
  9. James Fend

James Fend Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $11,518
    Ugh... major action taking making me miss threads. But... me me me. I'd most definitely love to speak if given the opportunity!

Topic? Can do Crypto (long-term), marketing, SaaS, ecomm marketing, etc.. Who knows what I may stumble upon until then haha.

I'm so glad the Summit is "around the corner" already. I need a re-charge from the crazy highs that last Summit's atmosphere gave!

GPM, Vigilante, Envision and 7 others like this.
  10. OperationMyWay

OperationMyWay Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $1,215
    E.T.A

Entrepreneurship Through Acquisition

I would be happy to discuss the basics of how this is done (especially in industries people might overlook), examples of how to go about it, and share my personal experiences (I have acquired 3 businesses in the past year and a half all via different means of financing). This can be utilized by those just starting out or seasoned business owners.

Cheers

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    ZF Lee, Envision, GPM and 10 others like this.
  11. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $356,979
    Admin Post
    Bump !!

Scot likes this.
  12. ZCP

ZCP Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $22,110
    I'm living in a igloo with a bunch of scouts the week of Feb 17 to Feb 24. Hoping the boss finds it in his heart to not have it that week. :)

Mal0ni and UnrealCreative like this.
  13. RayAndré

RayAndré Dare to differ. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $2,413
    yes please $)

UnrealCreative and Get Right like this.
  14. Real Deal Denver

Real Deal Denver Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,174
    I'll give my talk right now.

This really has to be at least 3 days, with 45-60 min per speaker. Wayyyy too many great posts here to cram into only two days.

I'm done. Thank you. I'm here all week. (That was a lot easier than I expected, even if it was pretty short...)

15. Dunkafelics

Dunkafelics Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,947
    Feeling a bit small among the giants of the forum and the many amazing people I met last year, but I am going to throw my name into the mix.

Win Your Day, Win Your Life will be a presentation on developing daily routines that fit your immediate needs and the implementation of a metric driven system to reach new levels of greatness and balance in your life.

Aleph, Vigilante, Arun Siva and 6 others like this.
  16. AnneC

AnneC Conscious Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $2,113
    I was thinking about skipping the Summit, because I’m not active on the forum, and I don’t want to take the spot of someone who deserves to go. I don’t post on social media or forums (it’s all hypereality to me!). I'm just here to keep track of the IRL meetups.

But the “there were no female speakers” comment caught my attention. All of the other women I talked to last year mentioned it.

So, I’ll throw my hat in... I briefly touched on this a few years ago, but I could do an extended version of:

Doing business with China: Tips on communication, attending the Canton Fair, and cultural pitfalls (how NOT to accidentally act like a complete a**hole).”

I’d still come down to hang out for a week in Scottsdale, either way.

Bora.s, GPM, Red and 7 others like this.
  17. Jpeveryday

Jpeveryday New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $191
    New around these parts but I did side-launch a biz that was profitable by the end of the first one.

My talk would be about how to maximize your free time to launch and grow your startup while working a demanding full-time job. Specific actionable steps with real-life time diaries.
    I launched with a full-time demanding job years ago and am using the same strategies to re-launch and grow with two pre-schoolers in tow, today.

Thanks for the consideration.

Aleph and UnrealCreative like this.
  18. eliquid

eliquid ( Jason Brown ) Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $45,094
    Was thinking about the summit earlier this year and how awesome it was to be in Arizona during the winter.

Def going to bring the family this year.

19. Envision

Envision Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $20,358
    I like @Vigilante's panel concept and I think alot of people can get stuff out of it when done with the right people. Doing one on e-commerce and real estate investing would be awesome too if we could get experienced people onboard with it with proper preparation.

I'd be up to speak on either of them if that was something that were to be implemented and needed people for.

ZF Lee, Roz, UnrealCreative and 2 others like this.
  20. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $185,402
    Yes

21. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $185,402
    Or you could just stop being a baby and commit

Tom.V, lowtek, Roz and 4 others like this.
  22. therealmark

therealmark Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,168
    I would be more than happy to speak. I could give a talk on a number of software business related things: Scaling a software business, building remote teams, creating raving clients in service.

23. lowtek

lowtek Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $23,948
    ... if there's any chance of it going down still, put me down for a talk on ML/AI. Starting an insider thread this upcoming week to detail my journey from physicist to ML engineer

MJ DeMarco, GlobalWealth and jon.M like this.
  24. Seth Goodluck

Seth Goodluck Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $682
    @MJ DeMarco

I'd be interested in speaking, depending on when you set the date, you're going to find me at an interesting time that may make for an interesting talk.

In about 1.5 months I'm quitting my "cushy" software developer job and focusing on fastlane full-time for no less than a year (I've set aside a year of living expenses to essentially pay myself to focus on business w/ minimal lifestyle changes).

The gist of the topic title might be something like:
    "My fastlane as of 8am this morning"
    "What it's really like to quit everything and focus on Fastlane full-time"
    "Cutting the Corporate Parachute"

A brief explanation of everything that brought me to that point (the second FTE of my life) and everything after (quitting a 'perfect' six-figure job, building a business, marketing material, products, and client list from zilch, and all the joys of pounding through a homegrown 8K long lead list, selling, logistics, the whole shebang).

If your Summit is in say 3-12 months, I should be full-time and neck deep in growth or failu-I mean learning :rofl:.

Overall, I think it would make for an interesting talk. Hearing about a kid who just 'started' months ago, who's giving it everything, and all of the associated learnings/experiences.

If you're curious, some business info below:
    ~~
    Manufacturing of products focused on [a specific] sporting community and leveraging that community's centers/stores as the sales channels.

Control - I built the website, have numerous vendors for all constituent supplies, and have a lot of flexibility in manipulating my pricing, branding, etc

Entry - Generated a massive list of potential channel partner businesses myself (the list exists nowhere else). The things we sell took months of perfecting at home equivalents I've used (and sold to friends passively) for years. Additionally seeking out and competing manufacturers against each other on pricing. Well designed logos and branding materials homemade and professionally (marketing/brand friends) reviewed and approved. Is it impossible to replicate? No. But it would be a fair bit of work.

Need - Sport equipment smells bad and activities are often rough on the skin. My products are organic, all-natural, and loaded to the gills with all of the benefits you'd expect. Beyond that, channel partner companies can expect 60-80% profit margins on the products of mine they stock. So while I manufacture products for end users, I'm really in the business of making other businesses money.

Time - This is the one point of my business I need to improve on (and I know, it's probably one of the most important). I've created a members only portal on my site so that partner companies can order products whenever they want w/o having to call me. The products can be made in bulk and have exceptionally long shelf life. I need to brainstorm/work out the logistics details and how to fully disconnect. With sufficient profit, hiring a manager would be a possibility. There are outsourced manufacturers who take your directions and make your product... but I haven't dialed in those numbers yet. My gut says I can fulfill the time requirement. My brain just hasn't caught on fully.

Scale - [Redacted re public google indexing] Sports have an incredible growth curve and YUPpies with a lot of money to burn are flocking to them (trust me, I'm one of those YUPpies).
    ~~

tl;dr: I'd be open to speaking about by imminent successes and/or failures. In a couple of months, I'll be fresh out of the frying pan and right in the middle of the sh*t. Could be a fun thing to talk about.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  25. Aleph

Aleph Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $113
    These all sound good to me!

Most are so beyond my current scope, just laying out the topic sounds scary. Like spending €120k a day... This Summit must be golden.

@MJ DeMarco, will there be -as others have asked as well- a digital way to attend? (Live) streaming or after event download or what not. Paying a fee for the Summit's cool but flying over the big pond would break the bank this year.
    Would be very much appreciated.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.