• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum will be undergoing some maintenance on Saturday Jan 19th and may not look normal. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last for only for up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

3. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

EXECUTION What will you accomplish in 2019?

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by MJ DeMarco, Dec 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $175,762
    Why?

2. p0stscript

p0stscript Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,310
    After a motorcycle accident in June Last year (technically a scooter accident) resulting in a dislocated shoulder, fractured collar bone, shoulder joint and upper arm and13 weeks in and out of hospital my goals are relatively simply:
    1. Raise arm above head with 4.5Kg weight. Presently I can press on 45 degree bench with 1.5Kg ( and that is a major improvement)
    2. Lose 20 lbs put on during recovery
    3. Increase passive income by £4K pa

All the best everyone with achieving your goals.

MJ DeMarco, jwhanke, Bora.s and 2 others like this.
  3. Seth Goodluck

Seth Goodluck Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $907
    Could you link me to your execution thread?
    I would absolutely love to read through that!

4. QuantumLeap

QuantumLeap New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $11
    I will build a creative AI this year.

And maybe move to another country.

MJ DeMarco and Roz like this.
  5. TreyAllDay

TreyAllDay Whatever it takes Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,747
    Great thread! I'm automating my software sales and my goal is to bring on 100 paid subscriptions.

MJ DeMarco, Kingmaker and Roz like this.
  6. Charnell

Charnell Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,697
    What I will accomplish: I'll grow my current project to help 500 firms each month as ethically as I possibly can.
    How I'll do this:
    • Start a progress thread February 1st. That way I have some data to share & accountability.
    • Never stop prospecting. I've already double-downed on my efforts by hiring a man to bring me 100 targetted potential customers per day.
    • Be customer-centric. Service didn't live up to your expectations? Here are three months free, see if that works for you. Still not working? Where are you located? Oh, that is a tough market...here's a year for free, see if that works for you.
    • Have fun. This is enjoyable for me because I've actually found an industry I can speak the language & apply what I enjoy doing: website building, marketing, & sales.

7. Surf16

Surf16 New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $72
    -complete launch of new company (product development stage now) and clear 20K a month by end of 2019
    - Get my Brown Belt in Krav Maga
    -Complete up to 10 speeches in my Toast Masters class (I have done 4 so far)
    -Eliminate all clutter in my life that strays me away from my goals (TV, friends who are negative, etc.)
    -Begin to write a book (subject unknown)

MJ DeMarco, Kingmaker and Roz like this.
  8. Supa

Supa Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream. Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,839
    Finishing and Publishing my novel. Been writing on it quite a while now (since October 2017).
    Getting to my weight goal of 180 lbs (82kg). 22 lbs (10kg) left. Down from 253 lbs (115kg).
    Continue fighting OCD. It's a hell of a fight but one worth every single step forward.
    Quitting smoking cigarettes. I'm actually still enjoying smoking them, or maybe it's only the social aspect of it like going out to smoke at a restaurant with the other smokers from your table.

9. Amro

Amro Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $430
    Hi @Charnell,

I must say I really like your first one start a progress thread to keep yourself accountable. I think your idea is so strong that I almost find that @MJ DeMarco could dedicate a forum specially for this purpose since it inspires action on a massive scale. People always want to be better than other since it's just human nature. I would sure use it. I'm not sure if such a forum allready exists since I'm quite new here.

Oeps my bad. There is a forum allready. Well done!

All the best,
    Amro

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  10. daru

daru Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,097
    Ongoing:
    • Big reconstruction of house: Finish bottom floor this year (fri-sun)
    • Early morning stretching and meditation (mon-thurs)
    • Entrepreneurship/software business. Deploy MVP/Prototype that at least scratches my itches. (mon-thurs)
    • Wendler 5/3/1 power lifting program (mon-thurs)
    • Daily running habit (dog needs exercising)
    • Family father after work and evenings (2 kids and a dog. And a spouse.)
    So the goal is to NOT start any more ambitious "projects".

Edit: clarified to more measurable goals. I keep various documents for tracking these habits or processes but not publicly.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  11. MakeMillions

MakeMillions New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $22
    These are AWESOME goals! All very inspiring for me. Thank you for sharing.

My favorite is this one: Make a effort to find a girlfriend who is really worthwhile :)

My goal for 2019 is to make an effort to find a boyfriend who is worthwhile!

Here's to succeeding in 2019 - Cheers!

12. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $365,822
    Admin Post
    FYI, if you posted in this thread AND have a progress thread, please edit your thread to include and link to it!!

Thank you!

Roz and GPM like this.
  13. JordanK

JordanK Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,810
    My Top Goal for 2019 is the purchase of my first two investment properties. I already live for free in a 'house hack' situation after helping a successful RE developer in the area who then provided me with the opportunity. I will also be managing holiday lets on 5 properties during the busy summer months which should provide a MASSIVE income to help with the first acquisition.

Progress Thread:
    Real Estate - "I'm Not Here To Take Part, I'm Here To Take Over"

14. ecommercewolf

ecommercewolf New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $16
    2019 Goals

- $150,000 in e-commerce sales (did 95K in 2018)
    - Launch 3 private label products to slowly get away from pure Retail Arbitrage (this way I own the brand)
    - Pay off one of my credit cards that still has about $2.5K on it (paying $600 on it each month so it will be paid off soon)
    - Get up to 200 lbs bodyweight (currently at 176 & pretty lean, 2 pounds per month on a well planned clean bulk to not gain excess fat)
    - Not get a cold/flu at all this year to maximize productivity, colds suck! (very possible with healthy diet and supplements, AND sleep)
    - Contribute at least once a week on the forum and providing value whether it be commenting on somebody's post or creating my own post (i've been lurking for years without posting and I can't thank TFF enough for how it's helping me change my life)
    - Visit 1 new city
    - Meet 5 like minded people
    - Get Instragram followers to 5,000 to provide more content and impact people

I'm sure I'll come up with more along the way.

Let's crush 2019! I love this forum.

Kingmaker, Jello and Roz like this.
  15. Longinus

Longinus Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $15,217
    Let me help you with that, being an ex-smoker, I loathe smoking more than non-smokers (Disclaimer: this may sound as tough love, but when typing I was talking to my younger self. It's meant to help you.):

The two worse things in life are taxes and cancer. By smoking, you're paying taxes in exchange for cancer, voluntarily.

You smell bad and everywhere you go, you take that smell with you. Keep in mind you have the same smell over you as people drinking cheap beers on a bench in the park at 9 AM. You don't notice, but other people do. People that smell like cigarette smoke, smell like people with issues.

You fool yourself by saying you still enjoy it. You inhale smoke and you blow it out. That's it. You don't get high or you don't get a good feeling about it, on the contrary. Your body will do anything to get it out.

It makes it more difficult to breathe and limits basically every function of your body. But you already knew that, you're probably even tired of hearing that. Perhaps you rather ignore it.

The only thing you enjoy is the ritual or the habit:
    Opening a new pack of cigarettes, feels good.
    Lighting one up when taking a break, feels good too (perhaps it just feels good when taking a break?).

But when you're halfway your cigarette, sitting in the cold alone, while your friends are inside (talk about the social aspect), ask yourself again: "do I really enjoy this?". It's all in your mind, man.

The social thing you talk about is an excuse to hold onto your habit. Non-smoking is as social (imo less asocial) than smoking. You don't have to smoke if you want to talk to new people.

There is literally not one benefit of smoking. NOT ONE.

You say the same as every smoker: you want to quit. But you don't, just like any other smoker. You fool yourself by saying you wait for a better time. But there will never be a better time than NOW.

So if you're serious about quitting, do this:
    1. Take the pack(s) of cigs you have RIGHT NOW,
    2. CRUNCH IT, ALL OF IT (don't care how many cigs you have left, you want to quit! Better to throw it away now than to smoke what's left over!)
    3. THROW IT IN THE TRASH
    4. Never look back.
    5. Consider yourself a non-smoker. Don't keep track of the time you stopped. Change your status NOW.
    It's an addiction that's really easy to get rid of, because it's mainly in the habit of doing. You won't have hangovers or anything. You don't need the stupid patches promoted by the pharma-industry. You can stop now and go on with your life.

Need more help? Check Alan Carr.

16. Supa

Supa Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream. Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,839
    @Longinus wow, just... wow. Thank you for taking the time to write this down.

It's funny how deep inside we really know how it is, but need to read it to finally shine a light on what lingered there in the dark.

My go-to excuse for not quitting just yet used to be that I told myself how great it will be to light a cigarette when I finally finish the first draft of my novel. My novel is nowhere near done, so that put that goal far back to an unknown date.
    I think I just liked the image in my head of me typing those last few words, sitting back in my chair, lighting a cigarette and taking that first inhale of it.

You're right with everything you said and I thank you for being this direct. Will show this to my fiancée as soon as I get home, since we will do this as a team like we already did and still do with our weight loss.

Longinus likes this.
  17. cy-

cy- Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $899
    1. Make $1.000.000 in profit for myself in 2019 (2018 Was approx. $400.000)

2. Hit the gym 4 times a week and eat properly in order to gain weight and muscles. (Weighting approx. 80 kg / 176 lbs). No specific weight target, as I don't know realistically how much is possible, but as long as I go 4 times a week and eat enough proper food, I should be going the right way.

Eating properly includes preparing meals for every week day that I can bring to my office.

3. Start dressing for success more often. (Thanks for the thread @Kak - Anyone who haven't read it, please do: FEATURED! - Dressing For Success... Stop looking like a fool.)

4. Take my family on a vacation to Spain or somewhere warm in Europe.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    GPM, Kingmaker, Jello and 3 others like this.
  18. Andreas Thiel

Andreas Thiel Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $515
    1. Have at least one launch event (by July) with FirstCodeContact.com and reach 64 followers with clear signs of exponential growth going on

2. Write 2 novels (1 in May, 1 in November) and sell 50 copies total through social media marketing experiments (following the "How I sold 1 million ebooks in 5 months" strategy)

3. Create and render an above industry average stereoscopic 180 degree VR scene using Blender (bonus goal is a reel of several clips, each at least 5 seconds long)

4. Heavily violate the business monogamy guideline / rule :-/

5. Finish the year above the 70kg barrier (I reached 65kg recently - up from 63kg and am around 187cm tall ... ouch

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Jello and Roz like this.
  19. Martin Boeddeker

Martin Boeddeker Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,161
    2019 is all about getting in shape, building relationships, and SEO.

• My first goal is to get loose 10kg and 5% body fat until the end of March.
    • Stick to a slow carb diet Tim Ferriss 4hourbody style...
    • At the end of the year, I want to have a six pack (which will equal about 12% body fat or less) for the first time ever and be able to run 3km in 12:59min or less.

On an ongoing basis:

I'll aim for
    • 1 podcast episode
    • 1 Youtube video (turned into blog post per week)
    • Reaching out to 10 new people for collaboration each week
    Besides that,
    • I will launch my book in 2019 (the first draft is ready)
    • Create one online course on email management and
    • Create one additional product.

Jello and Roz like this.
  20. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,612
    You'd be looking like you'd come from Auschwitz

upload_2019-1-9_8-38-21.jpeg

Bora.s likes this.
  21. Martin Boeddeker

Martin Boeddeker Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,161
    I wanted to lose 10kg AND lose 5% body fat.

Right now I'm around 21%-22%. So that would mean to go to 16% in 3 months, which should be feasible if I stick to my diet and do some exercise.

Until the end f the year I want to lose another 5% to get to around 12%.

22. illmasterj

illmasterj Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,004
    I have no goals in 2019. Goals are things that you try to achieve. I'm done with trying.

I have made the decision to building some income generating assets that over the course of this year will generate $100,000. Sounds small, but they'll do more in 2020 with barely any time commitment and will be the foundation of a much larger beast.

23. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,612
    My bad...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

24. BlackMagician

BlackMagician Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $521
    Jello and Roz like this.
  25. Ecom man

Ecom man Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $32,650
    1. 2019 is the year I finally get healthy. I’m going to lose 100lbs. I will exercise 6 days a week while intermittent fasting 16/8.
    2. I will finally go to one of the meetups here in the area.
    3. I’m going to buy a sports car/truck (haven’t decided which yet). This purchase is my reward for the 100lbs I will lose this year.

Roz likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.