The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

By the 2019 Summit, I will accomplish [blank]...

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Talisman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
May 19, 2011
Australia
trying to cut back on soda in exchange for water.

I found I missed the bubbles more than the sugar; switched to mineral water ( I assume it’s called that in the US as well ). Might make it easier for you, good luck.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
My goals to reach by the next summit:

• $100k in software sales
  • Add an additional software product to our offerings
  • Get MRR up to $5k/m
  • Leave the job behind

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK
more limber. I'm getting older and I can tell the muscles are not what they use to be
  • Process - Stretch for 15 min a day as part of morning ritual.
When I got fifty it became very noticeable and I found returning to weight training really helped and it was amazing how quickly I got back into the routine.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
[THREAD HIJACK]

100 lbs lost by 2019 Summit (February)

we've all got some weight to lose.

I use to weigh in at about 310. I'm down to 235 now just from intermittent fasting and trying to cut back on soda in exchange for water.

Guys just a word here...

All of these goals are dependent on one thing: What you eat. That is 90% of the process, the other 10% is exercise, getting your heart rate up, gym, etc.

Last year we didn't have a Summit because I was having health issues.

I won't go into those, but this year the Summit happened because my health improved.

Why did it improve?

Did I start taking a pharma pill? Did I have a surgery? Did I hit the gym 5 days a week?

Nope, all I did was attack the BIGGEST PROCESS responsible for health and body ... I changed what I put in my mouth.

While I'm still not out of the woods, you don't change 10 years of chronic issues with a few months of dietary changes.

At the end of the day, what you put in your mouth will change everything because it is something that happens 10X a day. And this needs to be permanent, a lifestyle, not something that happens a few weeks and then returns to a baseline normal of junk food.

The yo-yo weight gain/loss is the difference between a lifestyle and a diet.

Lifestyles are permanent.
Diets are temporary.

Hence, the yo-yo.

The new lifestyle should have a combo of:
  • Reduce sugars and empty garbage carbs.
  • Reduce highly processed crap (stuff on the interior of the grocery store)
  • More veggies and fruits.
  • Less meat and diary.
  • Read labels
  • Move toward eating whole foods, stuff closer to their natural state.
Wishing you all the best of success.

I consider dietary changes the most difficult thing to change because they involve bio-chemistry with addictive components ... for example, they've proven that sugar and cheese has a similar dopamine response to drugs.

Not only are you fighting your habits, you will be fighting your body's bio-chemical response to the absence of addictive substances ... substances that are purposely put there by the food companies so you will eat more and more...

And that's another thread.

[/END HIJACK]

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Sorry to thread jack further, but this goes along with MJ's post.

I am not overweight, but in my mind I have a huge issue with what I eat. I have never drank sugary beverages, and I generally limit my beer to two per night when I have some, so I don't drink calories (which is the easiest way to do it!)

However, my biggest issue is fast food burgers, fries, fried chicken, fast food burritos, children's sugar cereal, ice cream... that sort of thing. This is a technique that I use for 100% of my almost-made-bad-choice:

I ask myself "if it were tomorrow and I looked back on today, would I be happy that I ...?"
  • Would I be happy that I purchased ice cream, eggos, sugar cereal, processed anything? No. I would be happier if I had a shopping cart full of fruits and vegetables, and raw meat products. Don't even go down the middle isles where all the packaged shit is
  • Would I be happy if I had skipped gym day, or going for a big walk or biking? No, I would be pissed at myself for being lazy
  • Would I be happy if I ignored the work I needed to do and watched cat videos instead? Nope, I would be pissed that another day went by with no action
Keep that "I don't want to look back and be mad at myself" mindset, I nearly erased the harmful bad habits that I have been forming. Sure I still do stupid things, and I still eat bad every now and then. But the difference is that when I make those choices they are 100% conscious and have been thought through. I don't grab or do that dumb shit out of habit anymore, and that makes a huge world of difference.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
I ask myself "if it were tomorrow and I looked back on today, would I be happy that I ...?"

You said this Saturday night and it was one of my big takeaways from the weekend.

I really like this way of thinking!

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
[THREAD HIJACK]

Guys just a word here...

All of these goals are dependent on one thing: What you eat. That is 90% of the process, the other 10% is exercise, getting your heart rate up, gym, etc.

Last year we didn't have a Summit because I was having health issues.

I won't go into those, but this year the Summit happened because my health improved.

Why did it improve?

Did I start taking a pharma pill? Did I have a surgery? Did I hit the gym 5 days a week?

Nope, all I did was attack the BIGGEST PROCESS responsible for health and body ... I changed what I put in my mouth.

While I'm still not out of the woods, you don't change 10 years of chronic issues with a few months of dietary changes.

At the end of the day, what you put in your mouth will change everything because it is something that happens 10X a day. And this needs to be permanent, a lifestyle, not something that happens a few weeks and then returns to a baseline normal of junk food.

The yo-yo weight gain/loss is the difference between a lifestyle and a diet.

Lifestyles are permanent.
Diets are temporary.

Hence, the yo-yo.

The new lifestyle should have a combo of:
  • Reduce sugars and empty garbage carbs.
  • Reduce highly processed crap (stuff on the interior of the grocery store)
  • More veggies and fruits.
  • Less meat and diary.
  • Read labels
  • Move toward eating whole foods, stuff closer to their natural state.
Wishing you all the best of success.

I consider dietary changes the most difficult thing to change because they involve bio-chemistry with addictive components ... for example, they've proven that sugar and cheese has a similar dopamine response to drugs.

Not only are you fighting your habits, you will be fighting your body's bio-chemical response to the absence of addictive substances ... substances that are purposely put there by the food companies so you will eat more and more...

And that's another thread.

[/END HIJACK]

Awesome points. Don‘t really have much to add, only one realization that helped me tremendously (down about 45 lbs so far):

Calories in, calories out.

Put less stuff in your mouth (food AND beverages) then your body burns a day.

That‘s pretty much all you need to lose weight. Simple but not easy.

Read labels to understand the calorie counts and carbs/fat/protein percentages. But my tip is to use an app to count calories (I use YAZIO, another one is MyFitnessPal).

You‘ll soon realize how much more you can eat and hit your calorie goal when you eat less carbs and focus more on protein and fat. By the way fat won‘t make you fat. A misconception I had a long time.

Eating more than your body burns will make you fat. And eating carbs will fill up your calorie count a lot faster than protein and fat.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
@DrkSide , @Raoul Duke , and @Chitown - we've all got some weight to lose. I'm down 20 (from a brutally honest Doctor's appointment just before the meet-up) but need to drop another 80.

Imagine carrying a backpack with 80 lbs in it. All the time. And then imagine putting it down and never picking-it back up. I always thought I was fit - a "big guy".

Let's do this.
@Philip Marlowe,

You're right! Kudos on the weight loss. That is no joke!

I'm making an announcement in the next couple of days about a progress thread. You have a lot to do with that decision - I'll go into detail on my thread. I appreciate your approaching me and saying what you did. Thank you, again.:smile2:

Last edited:

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Love this idea, i really want to make this difficult and be held to the fire with it.

This year:
  • 100k/mo in online sales.
  • 10 units of real estate.
  • Deadlift 600 pounds.
  • Relearn French and speak it fluently.

Last edited:

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I have read ALL of your posts. I will review this thread again next summit.

@LightHouse get in here - I want to see your goals.

For me:
My business is brand new and haven't launched yet, no sales save for a few pre-orders. We'll start selling when we have inventory in one month.

That being said:
4 Products in the marketplace (each product launch for me is minimum $50k)
International distribution (at least one area/country outside the USA)
Six Figures revenue on track to hit Seven Figures in 2019
Laser Focus: this is my 5-10 year+ business
Hire at least one employee
Figure out Distribution (do I need to keep my Warehouse? 3PL?)

Personal Goals:
Visit 5 new countries
Pick a home base for 6 months for laser focus
Visit my family more often (Dad is very sick)
Put on 10-15 lbs
Consistently exercise for one whole year
Go to Two new business meet ups
Find a way to contribute meaningfully to society (buying meals on Christmas for the less fortunate, perhaps build a school in a foreign country one day etc.)

IlyaP

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
504%
Aug 25, 2016
@MJ DeMarco You got everyone to list all of their goals, but what are your goals?
Do you have something related to health? Helping others? Writing another book? ;)
Would love to hear about it and keep you accountable.

I have one main goal (a-la @snowbank's posts on his blog & The One Thing):
80 customers subscribed to one of my monthly plans.
Process:
  • Consistent, daily, action.
  • A minimum of 2 cold emails to potential customers with a short "done for you video" every week (providing value).
  • A minimum of 2 solid guest posts, podcast interviews, whatever ends up working best every month.
  • A minimum of 1 extensive & targeted blog posts per month on my business blog to get that sweet, sweet Google traffic.
  • Talking to at least 3 customers or potential customers every week to see how else I can help them/fill their unmet needs & stay ahead of the competition.
Also, as MJ said, I recommend focusing on one main goal.

I used to set many important goals, but that didn't lead to much.
It was often: I have 3 things I should be doing and working towards. What should I do now?
... and then I spend an hour or two figuring out what I should do (action faking) and not accomplishing anything.

I recommend really thinking about your goals:
Which one would bring you & the people around you the most benefit?
Is it your health? Is it increasing your income Fastlane style? Is it improving your relationships?

More often than not, reaching your main goal helps all of your other smaller goals even if you don't focus on them as much.

It's possible to eat healthy and exercise daily on a budget, but would it be easier if you don't have to worry about where your next month's rent money is coming from?

Likewise, if your business is already doing really well, getting in shape and eating healthier will likely benefit the business itself as you will think clearer & be more creative.

I'm going off of my personal experience with nutrition/lifting and your mileage will obviously vary, but something to keep in mind.

StartToday

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Sep 22, 2017
Between Goku's strong thighs
Oh boy, time to get out of my comfort zone and have others hold me accountable to my goals.

So here we go. By february 2019:

1) I will have started a business that makes twice as much as my salary.
2) I will have quit my current job.
3) I will attend the 2019 summit.
4) I will have turned my laziness into motivation.
5) I will have constantly gotten out of my comfort zone.
6) I will be enjoying the process.
7) I will have visible abs.

Regarding point 7), I lost 30 pounds in the last 4 months simply by eating healthy. You have no idea how GREAT it feels to be lean again and not have a double chin. I love having people take pics of me.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Relaunch my current project and officially back in my industry by 6/15
First product ready for sale by 7/15
Industry booth at festival with two products for sale 8/15
Industry conference 9/15
My own event 11/15
Crush 2019

Loving the rest of the 2018, but got a ton of work to do, but Im in giddy-up mode and so much is in place after many years of crawling through mud so all good.

OperationMyWay

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
403%
Nov 26, 2013
By the 2019 Summit, I will...

1. Increase gross revenue of business acquisition #1 by minimum 50% (without substantially reducing margin)
2. Complete business acquisition #2
3. Speak at 2019 summit about my story, how I pulled off 1 & 2 above, and how they can too.

Cheers!

RayAndré

Win From Within
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 7, 2017
Tampa, FL
Buy two multi-family properties cash flowing positively that I've added value to with a plan to reinvest the earnings into more real estate.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
2018 is going to be a great year!

My company has been growing pretty fast over the past few years. This will be an important year for us in order to reach the next level I need to make some changes. I need to add more people and create better processes for lots of what we do.

My goals before the 2019 summit are:
1. 2.5m revenue from ecom
Process
- add 10 skus
- increase control in manufacturing process
- implement content creation processes' and ambassador program

2. Lose 15lbs of fat while increasing muscle
Process
- cut sweet tea (replace with la croix)
- minimize fast food
- minimize processed foods
- exercise 3 days a week

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
You said this...

I need to add more people and create better processes for lots of what we do.

...but none of your goals are around adding people or delegating...

My goals before the 2019 summit are:
1. 2.5m revenue from ecom
Process
- add 10 skus
- increase control in manufacturing process
- implement content creation processes' and ambassador program

Curious if you have any goals around adding employees or the output you expect to see from your current employees (or from your relationship with them)?

You said you need to implement a content/ambassador process -- are you doing this? Or the people you plan to hire?

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
Due to conversations during the last Fastlane Summit, I parted ways with my business partner in 2016.

In 2017, I:
  • Started two Etsy shops and two Amazon brands
  • Made many mistakes along the way, but finally believe I'm on the right path
My Goal Before the 2019 Fastlane Summit:
Monthly Revenue for January 2019 = 3X Monthly Revenue for January 2018

Most of my Amazon stuff didn't launch until 3rd Quarter, so 3X is more than reasonable... but the $$$ figure itself scares me! I need to get rid of my limiting beliefs about money.

1) Laser-focus on Amazon
- Add 10 SKUs that are $25+ to Brand #1
- Fix Amazon PPC and run Facebook Ads
- Start content creation and social media (hire staff member)
2) Minimize time spend on Etsy shops to 15 hours per week
- Continue to train and delegate to my VA
- Add one more Etsy shop (hire and/or replace current contractor)

Vermilion

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Feb 21, 2018
Somewhere
For me is something like this:

1. Finish collage
2. Have 2 steady online businesses
3. Learn about Forex and start making income there
4. Gain some muscle pounds, and activate my body in general
5. Learn Italian.
6. Go to ULTRA EUROPE festival. I am big fan of EDM music.

In general just be one step closer every day to my future lifestyle i described in my intro.

Bhanu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Oct 23, 2017
My Goals would be to :
- To Help at least 5000 Students in preparation of Competitive exam for Banks.
- Make a FB page for my product and provide free,relevant exam related information like eligibility criteria,current affairs information,or any general query,objective type questions,essay,English vocabulary, anything with which I can help them.(Learnt from one very good book Jab,Jab,Jab right hook by Gary Vaynerchuck)
- Spend quality time with my better half.Will try to make her smile everyday by doing something. Day she smiles I win day she doesn't means I need to improve.
- Get into great shape physically,Mentally and spiritually .(Doing Gym 5 day a week-40 mins a day,take proper rest-8 hours of sleep,say thanks to God for everything he gave me every day)
- Perform above average in my Job .(Need to stick to my Job till the time my side hustle pay me enough to say good bye to corporate life)
- Read 3 pages a day for all the gold thread of this forum.Then will move to Notable threads.(I think before I can give something valuable to this forum I need to learn from finest entrepreneurs here and hustle a enough ..like MJ says walk the walk first then only talk)
- Watch all of MJs video on Youtube.
- Read TMF and Unscrtiped once again.
- Watch all the videos on the book 'The One thing'.I Feel M J gave me direction and The One thing keep me on track to get there :)

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
- Go to Summit next year
I half chickened out this year and it was half bad timing. I owe a lot of people on this forum big time and I should have made the effort to be there.

- Get over my massive fear of public speaking and talk there
It is really bad! Anymore than a few people and I get massively nervous. Even speaking in front of my Spanish class (15 people) my hands would start shaking. Ridiculous since I knew all these people so well! So this one for me would be huge. I don't even like typing it cause its pretty embarrassing lol.

- Get 10,000 YouTube subs
I want to help a lot of people quit their jobs and have the skills and confidence to create their own online businesses. This isn't about some quick hype tactics but in building a great system to teach business and sales skills that provide huge value. I don't think anyone needs to get in huge debt or spend years learning about business before they take action. I think the sub count is a better metric than course sales since I first want to focus on getting the word out there and helping whoever I can.

TheSilverSpoon

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Nov 4, 2013
Business wise:
- Get my SaaS business netting $5k / mo, divorced from my time.

Personal:
- Ditch the poor relationship I'm in - Done
-
Surround myself with better people.
- Experience more. Travel somewhere new at least once a quarter.

Last edited:

dmichaelmccann

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
452%
Dec 20, 2015
New Jersey
By this time next year I will...

1. Make 100k revenue with my web design business.
I just got my first client last week so almost starting from zero but I know I can do this. This year I'll be hustling, working as hard as I ever have, and delivering great value to every client I build a website for.

2. Gain 10 lbs of muscle and cut to sub 10% body fat.
This will be my third year of consistent exercise since I started, and it is time to take my physique from good to great. In addition to my exercise routine, I'm going to focus a lot more this year on healthier food intake and getting optimal sleep.

3. Conquer my social anxiety.

Its not crippling by any means but I was always a pretty shy kid kid growing up and still am somewhat today. Having to interact with strangers on the phone as part of my web design business has already helped a lot, but this year I will completely get over it. In addition to business interactions I'm going to make a conscious effort to meet and interact with new people daily.

4. Attend the 2019 Summit.

Rabelo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Apr 4, 2017
secunda
- run at least 600 miles by next year February. 3 miles every morning ..monday to Friday (already started)

- Manufacture my Product (prototype done)

-make a Sale.

-Scale My product

-increase my hours from 24 hours a day to 100 hours a day by leveraging other peoples time.(time can be manipulated,depends on which side you're)

- Prove my Self Wrong and Grow a back bone. (some negative people need to be looked in the eyes and be told to f¤ck off)

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I don't see myself going to the summit anytime in the next 30 years, but by the 2019 summit, my goal is to have made US$800 in profits.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I don't see myself going to the summit anytime in the next 30 years, but by the 2019 summit, my goal is to have made US$800 in profits.

I do not know you or your situation, but you have to aim higher. You need to get uncomfortable trying to reach your goals, that is where the growth occurs.

Would you rather set low goals that you achieve, or super difficult ones that you grew like crazy and then fell slightly short of? I'd personally take the growth every day of the week.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Why bother

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Honestly thought this was a joke.

I do not know you or your situation, but you have to aim higher. You need to get uncomfortable trying to reach your goals, that is where the growth occurs.

Would you rather set low goals that you achieve, or super difficult ones that you grew like crazy and then fell slightly short of? I'd personally take the growth every day of the week.
Why bother

@Xeon if you're serious, at least you're in good company.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.