The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building a Digital Asset... Again!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

animalstyle

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Jan 5, 2018
USA
I'm half way through Unscripted , getting completely fired up by the book, and thought it was time to start keeping track of my progress here.

Background
I am in my late 20's and have been working in online marketing for 10+ yrs. Some of that as a hobby, some as a job. In 2014 I started an authority website that I took to over 5-figures a month in 2016. By 2017, the single core monetization method I had toppled and I lost that revenue stream nearly completely.

2017 was a tough one for me, but I learned a lot. I swung through tons of highs, broke down mentally, fought a 6-month depressive bout and ended up bouncing back. I've been focusing on myself for the last few months and have my sights set on a new project.

Building a New Project
I am taking the same formula that I established with my previous site. Lack of monetization options killed me last time. This time I am expanding into a new market that has a wealth of diversity.

I'll be applying my experience in SEO, web dev, marketing, biz dev, monetization and product dev (website content and presentation) to build this new project, introduce it to the market, improve it, and monetize it.

Progress
This project formed from the ashes of nearly a year of failures. It would be valid to say the site is both a year old, and a month old based on several failed attempts, consolidations to single sites, expansions out to multiple sites, and re-brandings.

The important thing is that it is online and moving. From an SEO perspective, it is growing nicely. From a product design perspective, I just figured out the direction for the site after a couple weeks of rolling the problem around in my head.

Goals
  • Build the core product (website) to be ready to begin promotion by March 1st: 75%
  • Generate industry wide awareness for the site via outreach. Collect and apply industry feedback by April 1st: 10%
  • Build traffic via SEO, referring domains, direct traffic to 3,000 unique visitors a month by July 30th: 5%
  • Monetize & optimize the project to bring the site to $X,XXX / mo revenue by end of 2018: 1%
As it goes with online marketing, I won't be sharing the project details outright. The revenue goal is also defined, I've chosen to keep it to myself and will measure in terms of % to the goal.

The path is set, I've proven I can make it happen in a much narrower industry, now it's time to put in the work and go above and beyond the last site!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Hey it is awesome to see you bounced back and are reading Unscripted . Please, please, please read the commandments of need, control and entry and highlight the crap out of it. And make sure your processes are congruent.

So many people ignore those and are left scratching their heads, giving up and raving to anyone who will listen.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.