The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building a Digital Marketing Agency from Scratch

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
I've been wanting to go full time into digital marketing for years.

I've finally sold up my cleaning business in Ireland and moved to Portugal.

One, I wanted sunshine and a better lifestyle. Two, I wanted to go somewhere cheaper and build this business with the money I've saved. Three, I missed out the NHR scheme so can't get the tax benefits

I currently sit at €1200 a monthly reoccuring income.

I've managed to pick up a few carpet cleaning clients over the past year without really trying. I've been doing google ads, web design and SEO for them and it basically grew from one guy I knew who recommended someone else and they recommended someone else.

I've had 2 of those guys for one year now and even managed to pick up one from the US.

I priced cheap because I wanted to show results.

I'm ready to do this now before all my money runs out.

My plan to get more clients is:

I've been creating Tik Toks, YouTube shorts and LinkedIn videos recently. I've only been posting about 1 week now but already seeing a bit of traction on LinkedIn.

I have Sales Navigator and Dripify automation set up so I can reach out to business owners.

I have my cold email system set up to start sending cold emails. Maybe I'll start at 20 a day.

I'm in Facebook groups everyday answering any questions about SEO, Google ads and Web design.

I've also met someone here in Portugal who has quite a successful agency back in the UK. He wants to work with me and help get me clients.

I've created a landing page on Unbounce and started a low budget google ads campaign for people looking for a Google ads freelancer in Limerick where I'm from.

I'm hoping this post can help people in the future who want to do the same.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

One, I wanted sunshine and a better lifestyle. Two, I wanted to go somewhere cheaper and build this business with the money I've saved. Three, I missed out the NHR scheme so can't get the tax benefits

I've managed to pick up a few carpet cleaning clients over the past year without really trying. I've been doing google ads, web design and SEO for them and it basically grew from one guy I knew who recommended someone else and they recommended someone else.

I've had 2 of those guys for one year now and even managed to pick up one from the US.

I've been creating Tik Toks, YouTube shorts and LinkedIn videos recently. I've only been posting about 1 week now but already seeing a bit of traction on LinkedIn.

I have Sales Navigator and Dripify automation set up so I can reach out to business owners.

I have my cold email system set up to start sending cold emails. Maybe I'll start at 20 a day.

I'm in Facebook groups everyday answering any questions about SEO, Google ads and Web design.

I've also met someone here in Portugal who has quite a successful agency back in the UK. He wants to work with me and help get me clients.

I've created a landing page on Unbounce and started a low budget google ads campaign for people looking for a Google ads freelancer in Limerick where I'm from.

Following. Been watching your videos on LinkedIn too. You've almost convinced me to go back to doing them again. Almost.

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
Following. Been watching your videos on LinkedIn too. You've almost convinced me to go back to doing them again. Almost.

Haha go on Andy get them going again!

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England

Well done on the move to Portugal. I think its been raining for 30 days and nights here in Liverpool. Miserable as hell.

I've run ads for around 30 carpet cleaners, and have various things in place also like automated quote systems, app they use for automatically sending out reminders, sharing reviews as posts etc on their Facebook pages.

Personally in 2024 my goal is fire them all. The amount of payments that fail from them each month is ridiculous, some are only for like £99. They don't tend to have a lot of money - in the UK anyway.

I'm moving in a completely different direction this year away from Facebook ads also - can't say it will be work as I haven't signed up a new client yet in the niche and service I'm offering but we'll see what the next 6 months look like!

Tip - ask your carpet cleaning clients to make a post in carpet cleaning group to say you've done a great job helping them bringing in more jobs. Other cleaners will then naturally ask who you are, tell your client you'll pay 20% commission for every one that signs up from the post with you.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
Well done on the move to Portugal. I think its been raining for 30 days and nights here in Liverpool. Miserable as hell.

I've run ads for around 30 carpet cleaners, and have various things in place also like automated quote systems, app they use for automatically sending out reminders, sharing reviews as posts etc on their Facebook pages.

Personally in 2024 my goal is fire them all. The amount of payments that fail from them each month is ridiculous, some are only for like £99. They don't tend to have a lot of money - in the UK anyway.

I'm moving in a completely different direction this year away from Facebook ads also - can't say it will be work as I haven't signed up a new client yet in the niche and service I'm offering but we'll see what the next 6 months look like!

Tip - ask your carpet cleaning clients to make a post in carpet cleaning group to say you've done a great job helping them bringing in more jobs. Other cleaners will then naturally ask who you are, tell your client you'll pay 20% commission for every one that signs up from the post with you.

Thanks. Yes I'm noticing the same problem with them, even the Google Ads payments don't get paid haha.

They all have payment problems except for my guy in the US. I was thinking of just doing the US.

What niche do you think you'll go after now?

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
Thanks. Yes I'm noticing the same problem with them, even the Google Ads payments don't get paid haha.

They all have payment problems except for my guy in the US. I was thinking of just doing the US.

What niche do you think you'll go after now?

Yes carpet cleaners earn more in US, I'd recommend targeting them.

I'm targeting hotels and restaurants at the moment, but its not for ads.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Start here:

Last edited:

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
Update:

I'm now at €2200 per month recurring revenue.

I started an affordable pay per month plan where I build sites ranging from one page to 20 pages starting from €49 a month.

I've had a few sales already with it

I also got 2 more carpet cleaners for google ads. One in England and one in Los Angeles.

I spent January trying different marketing tactics to get more leads.

Cold email, google ads, FB ads, creating content on social media and LinkedIn.

The thing that I found worked best for me was Facebook. I joined Laurel Porties $7 ads group and her methods have helped me get a few web design clients.

I'm also getting noticed in FB groups and that's where I signed those 2 carpet cleaners up.

It's not an easy business to start. You have to deal with a lot of rejection and I mean a lot. There's a ton of time wasters, people saying they'll sign up or people with crazy expectations like a guy who had a 2500 page website and wanted me to do SEO for £200 a month.

Anyone waving the magic 10k a month marketing agency wand is selling you a pile of BS.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
Update:

I started an affordable pay per month plan where I build sites ranging from one page to 20 pages starting from €49 a month.

I also got 2 more carpet cleaners for google ads. One in England and one in Los Angeles.

The thing that I found worked best for me was Facebook. I joined Laurel Porties $7 ads group and her methods have helped me get a few web design clients.

I'm also getting noticed in FB groups and that's where I signed those 2 carpet cleaners up.

It's not an easy business to start. You have to deal with a lot of rejection and I mean a lot. There's a ton of time wasters, people saying they'll sign up or people with crazy expectations like a guy who had a 2500 page website and wanted me to do SEO for £200 a month.

Anyone waving the magic 10k a month marketing agency wand is selling you a pile of BS.
Well done mate.

Personally I can't wait to fire my carpet cleaning clients.

I only charge £149 a month for Facebook and probably out of 20 carpet cleaners get 5 payments that fail each month I have to chase up. One has cancelled a few days ago as he's in severe financial issues apparently. Had another one on Monday who's payment failed for £149 meaning I missed a loan payment, he still hasn't responded 3 days later.

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
Well done mate.

Personally I can't wait to fire my carpet cleaning clients.

I only charge £149 a month for Facebook and probably out of 20 carpet cleaners get 5 payments that fail each month I have to chase up. One has cancelled a few days ago as he's in severe financial issues apparently. Had another one on Monday who's payment failed for £149 meaning I missed a loan payment, he still hasn't responded 3 days later.

Yeah I know what you mean. I think you need to change to the US. They guys in the US are on the ball and pay on time, no messing around.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Update:

Well done David.

Facebook worked well for me, probably bringing more clients than LinkedIn. Client's tended to be smaller though, and I'd get a lot of spam connection requests, so I stopped posting there and just post occasionally to LinkedIn.

Laurel has a book out which gets to the point faster than a lot of her videos (that's not a criticism of the videos). I was in her $7/mth program just to pay her monthly for her free content (like Patreon). If you can figure out her strategies then that's another service you can offer clients.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
Yeah I know what you mean. I think you need to change to the US. They guys in the US are on the ball and pay on time, no messing around.
Yes they tend to charge more in US for carpet cleaning. I'm getting out of the ads game completely once my Saas covers what I'm currently making.

Hopefully by the end of the year!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I did some Google Ads work for US carpet cleaners. I personally couldn't make it work with my style of campaigns and think there's easier niches where we can add more value.

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
Well done David.

Facebook worked well for me, probably bringing more clients than LinkedIn. Client's tended to be smaller though, and I'd get a lot of spam connection requests, so I stopped posting there and just post occasionally to LinkedIn.

Laurel has a book out which gets to the point faster than a lot of her videos (that's not a criticism of the videos). I was in her $7/mth program just to pay her monthly for her free content (like Patreon). If you can figure out her strategies then that's another service you can offer clients.

Must get that book because her videos are way too long and confusing. Thanks.

I've found people on LinkedIn to be absolute time wasters. Set up calls and they don't show or cancel last minute.

I'm only posting on there now. I had an automation tool called Dripify to connect with people.

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
I did some Google Ads work for US carpet cleaners. I personally couldn't make it work with my style of campaigns and think there's easier niches where we can add more value.

These ads ain't easy in the US. I found creating an offer like 3 rooms for $149 can make them work but then you're also dealing with guys who have 4 rooms for $99 and paying $10 - $15 a click.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I've found people on LinkedIn to be absolute time wasters. Set up calls and they don't show or cancel last minute.
People are people no matter the platform. I don't get no-shows so I suspect you're getting them because of how the relationship started?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
These ads ain't easy in the US. I found creating an offer like 3 rooms for $149 can make them work but then you're also dealing with guys who have 4 rooms for $99 and paying $10 - $15 a click.
That's what I found too. High CPCs for low ticket offers where everyone's competing on price and where searchers see it as a commodity and are shopping around. Feck that. I'd rather fish in less red waters.

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
People are people no matter the platform. I don't get no-shows so I suspect you're getting them because of how the relationship started?

I don't know about that. You should try advertise on Facebook and see the replies you get haha

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I don't know about that. You should try advertise on Facebook and see the replies you get haha
That's what I mean though. I've never run ads. People get referred to me, so when I offer to hop on a call to look at their account they jump at the chance.

Vadim26

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver, BC.

Hey David, great progress thus far. I am in Amazon FBA space and provide Amazon Ads services to small and big businesses selling on Amazon, so a bit similar to what you do. I joined Laurel's course and going through her program. For the methods you applied - was it from the program itself or the facebook group that she has? I am a bit confused as to where to even start with abundance of information out there, but going through her course right now.

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
Hey David, great progress thus far. I am in Amazon FBA space and provide Amazon Ads services to small and big businesses selling on Amazon, so a bit similar to what you do. I joined Laurel's course and going through her program. For the methods you applied - was it from the program itself or the facebook group that she has? I am a bit confused as to where to even start with abundance of information out there, but going through her course right now.

Join the queue haha her course has way too much in there. I think she just re-done some of the videos so it might be a bit easier to understand.

Here's what I understand from her group so far.

If you have something to offer but you haven't tested it fully yet - you need to run ads to cold traffic. Her ads are video ads with power contents and power offers. Power content is a 3 minute video explaining what you do, power offer is your offer straight to the point. You create these ads so people can message you and you can get a conversation going. From the conversations you'll understand if people like your offer or not. You're also trying to build up your warm audience so it's easier to sell to people who are interested.

Vadim26

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver, BC.
Thanks, David! Have you had success with either of these yet - Power Offer or Power Content using facebook paid ads?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Laurel has a book out. It might simplify things. Her courses are too long. It could be deliberate to encourage people to go up to her next program but I suspect it's just her moving fast.

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
Thanks, David! Have you had success with either of these yet - Power Offer or Power Content using facebook paid ads?

Yes the power offer ads worked for me the first week. I got 3 sales as I started a lower cost per month web design. I thought I was on to a winner with them but the ads have died a bit since. I think they are still being optimised so I'm going to give them a chance.

I tried the power content and other things she mentions but I couldn't get them going.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.