The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2019 Fastlane Summit - Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I often read the first page, then go to the last page.

Now I understand a little more about how you manage to make your omnipresence seem so effortless. ;)
Actually, I'd just read the last few comments and only go back to understand the context. But I'm not here to read, I'm here to help.

Hmmm... I never thought I might be consuming differently than (some) others in here. I think I spend more time producing than consuming. I don't try and read Gold threads from start to finish. I don't trawl the 50 (now 100) list of more recently edited threads for something to read. I login in to see if there's anyone I can help, then I log out again. I do it many times a day, when I have a free moment, or as a break from analytical work.

I'm not gonna lie, I also do it to get to "inbox zero". If I don't log in a few times a day I can't keep on top of the alerts.

And I'm also a mod so I'm checking there's no alerts or craziness that needs dealt with.

Here's the order of what I do when I log in:
  1. Check PMs and reply quickly.
  2. Check Mod alerts. Act if required.
  3. Check personal alerts. Act if required.
  4. Check news feed (notifications of what people I follow are liking or creating). Act if required.
  5. Log out.

When I write something I invariably end up editing it a few times, but it's mostly a stream of conciousness.

The VAST majority of my replies are created on my phone.

Here's a long thread I created a few days ago that took me the best part of an hour to write on my phone, on a coach to the airport at 6:30am:
It's one sentence written after another, after another. I can't do much rearranging of the content because I'm writing on my phone and that's too much of a PITA. It suits the way I write, and I daresay it's helped me to write in one go and only go back to edit typos, grammar, and flow.

@MJ DeMarco @AllenCrawley @Vigilante @Fox

What's your process when you log into the forum?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Checking in. I will take a glance at the forum a couple times a week, but I am one of the guilty ones who hasn't posted in awhile since the Summit.

At the end of the last Summit; I had major plans to start some more Threads sharing different stuff. I was a backup speaker with a topic in crypto, and I decided I was going to lay out the presentation into its own thread when I got back (in addition to the crypto presentation; I had rough plans of hitting a ton of other topics like ecomm, marketing, mindset, etc into it's own thread as well.)..

What I didn't see coming was an "opposite effect" from the Summit energy. I was so motivated and focused as ever that I was in overdrive business mode since and kept postponing the presentation thread plans at the bottom of my to-do's stack.

This thread is going to kick-start those plans back at the top of the stack. I need to run some stuff by the admin team; but regardless if the Summit happens or not, the threads will be coming over the next weeks if the green light is on and I will be doing my part of giving back major value to the community.

Last edited:

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
Just throwing in my $.02 and my current need. Most of the facebook engagement is actual business specific (logo/product reviews, questions, etc). There is a trust factor on facebook as we know each other. I'm not going to post details of my business on the main forum or INSIDERS because who knows who is reading it. I have not expanded on my progress thread because it's tough to ask for feedback on facebook ad strategies and funnels without giving specifics. The forum is great for 101 or 201 level content but falls off from there.

The solution? Create a forum attendees sub-forum (INSIDERS's INSIDERS?) with attendees in the last 3(?) years. I would also be fine paying an extra $100-$200 for the summit if it included a more private sub-forum. This a win-win as it reduces upfront risk of the actual summit and brings engagement back on the forum. Facebook then becomes "hey folks, I created a detailed post the forum and need help - please check it out". Also, +1 on the round-table/hot seat at the summit vs all speakers.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
We do have a sub-forum for summit attendees. I believe it's only accessible to those with a Summit Attendee badge.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/forums/fastlane-summit/

Interesting, thanks. Guess I will be the change I want to see in the world.
Can you move my progress thread there?
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...thread-time-to-scale-custom-e-commerce.80857/

Another possible idea is to just possibly have a "summit attendees only" checkbox on any thread you want to post some details in. Would be great if we could optionally show our real name/picture in this sub-forum only.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The solution? Create a forum attendees sub-forum (INSIDERS's INSIDERS?) with attendees in the last 3(?) years.

This was a suggestion years ago and it already exists.

I implemented it hoping it would be decent alternative to the Facebook defections. I stopped adding the badges when that private forum had a similar result to the general forum -- increased engagement for several weeks and then crickets. In fact, there are only 3 threads in that forum, 2 started by me.

Guess I will be the change I want to see in the world.
Can you move my progress thread there?

Sure, but it will limit engagement and eyeballs considering I haven't added the Summit Badges for years.

I will start adding them, but it is a very slow (manual) process.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
This was a suggestion years ago and it already exists.

I implemented it hoping it would be decent alternative to the Facebook defections. I stopped adding the badges when that private forum had a similar result to the general forum -- increased engagement for several weeks and then crickets. In fact, there are only 3 threads in that forum, 2 started by me.

Sure, but it will limit engagement and eyeballs considering I haven't added the Summit Badges for years.

I will start adding them, but it is a very slow (manual) process.

Thanks, I will update and give it a shot.

I have some other thoughts related to this but will update the other thread.
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/forum-engagement-discussion.84867/

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
We do have a sub-forum for summit attendees. I believe it's only accessible to those with a Summit Attendee badge.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/forums/fastlane-summit/

This sub-forum has a marketing problem! I didn't know that it existed until now, and I bet I'm not the only one.
I browse the forum primarily from the "Latest" list, so I very rarely click into any of the actual forums.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
This sub-forum has a marketing problem! I didn't know that it existed until now, and I bet I'm not the only one.
I browse the forum primarily from the "Latest" list, so I very rarely click into any of the actual forums.
Same here. I've been to almost every meetup and didn't know about it.

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

Matt Dassel

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
May 15, 2018
My first time back from months away from the forum. Just like you suggested.

I'd love to be more part of an entrepreneurial community but this community is very scarce around where I am. Although I was trying to launch an outpost of my business in the US via Stripe Atlas, I am currently bringing up a fastlane business here in Brazil.

I'm focused on a exhausting marketing campaign.

Keep it up, you all.

Matt

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Same here.

Same here

In the year it was introduced, it was mentioned at the Summit and promoted thereafter. Many folks commented and liked some of the posts, but ultimately, it suffered the same fate as the public side of the forum.

When it wasn't used, I stopped paying attention to it, and the "Summit badges" become inconsequential.

I'm sure I could have "pushed" more for it, but then again, I don't like sending out 10 emails a month pestering people to post more at the forum.

I will post a thread on it -- it does exist and there's no reason to discontinue it.

MEETUPS - Attended a past Summit? Did you know this?

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Given this subforum exists and it is an already vetted group of users, I would like to have the badge and access to that portion as well, please and thank you.

Lori MacDougall

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Nov 20, 2018
Mayerthorpe AB Canada
I'm new to the forum, and quite honestly, I wouldn't have attended the summit even if it was going ahead. I am not a people person and I hate face to face contacts. I don't even like phone contact.

That said I completely understand what MJ was saying about the event existing because of the forum not the other way around. The summits have a limited number of attendees and wouldn't do anything for someone like me that doesn't like to meet people anyway. I'd much rather be able to read more about what the proposed speakers have to say than have to deal with a crowd of people to meet them and hear about them.

My current goal here at the forum is to read all the gold threads, even the ones that don't particular interest me, just to get a better idea what other people have tried, successfully or not. Then I'll move on to the rest of the current threads.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Just had a random thought...

I'm going to call it now for 2,3, or 5 years from now this thread specifically will be looked at as a major turning point. Along with the other one that goes with it for suggestions and all that.

I think there are many different possible outcomes, will be interesting to see how things change and adapt.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
I wanted to check in and see if anything has progressed if we are having it or not ( via licensing ) as me and my wife are looking to come to the Scottsdale area for a month in either late Jan or late Feb and just trying to see if I will be in the area or not, IF it does happen.

Any news on the licensing part?

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
I'm new to the forum, and quite honestly, I wouldn't have attended the summit even if it was going ahead. I am not a people person and I hate face to face contacts. I don't even like phone contact.

That said I completely understand what MJ was saying about the event existing because of the forum not the other way around. The summits have a limited number of attendees and wouldn't do anything for someone like me that doesn't like to meet people anyway. I'd much rather be able to read more about what the proposed speakers have to say than have to deal with a crowd of people to meet them and hear about them.

My current goal here at the forum is to read all the gold threads, even the ones that don't particular interest me, just to get a better idea what other people have tried, successfully or not. Then I'll move on to the rest of the current threads.

Yeah cause if it doesnt benefit you directly we definitely shouldnt do it. Strong logic, thanks for contributing... we dont know what we would have done without you.

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
Yeah cause if it doesnt benefit you directly we definitely shouldnt do it. Strong logic, thanks for contributing... we dont know what we would have done without you.
Dude speaks his mind and you slam him. Classic. Feel tough now?

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Dude speaks his mind and you slam him. Classic. Feel tough now?

Yes, because what he said was stupid and completely unfounded. Shocking that someone may say something back isn’t it?

Bragging about what he’s going to take from the forum while providing zero contribution and at the same time stating that it’s not worth it to meet the very people he’s interacting with online.. A perfect example of why the forum suffers from people and posts like this.

TinyOldLady

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yes, because what he said was stupid and completely unfounded. Shocking that someone may say something back isn’t it?

Bragging about what he’s going to take from the forum while providing zero contribution and at the same time stating that it’s not worth it to meet the very people he’s interacting with online.. A perfect example of why the forum suffers from people and posts like this.
She said that she is not a people person and is going to read the threads in this forum. Doesn‘t seem like bragging to me. But I might just be stupid as well

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
She said that she is not a people person and is going to read the threads in this forum. Doesn‘t seem like bragging to me. But I might just be stupid as well

Im not going to continue bumping this thread responding about this post if you have problem pm me and im happy to explain why it's a pointless negative post.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I wanted to check in and see if anything has progressed if we are having it or not ( via licensing ) as me and my wife are looking to come to the Scottsdale area for a month in either late Jan or late Feb and just trying to see if I will be in the area or not, IF it does happen.

Any news on the licensing part?

It's not happening.

Some people decided to do a back-channel event that is/was being promoted at Facebook. (Kinda validating my original posit in the OP).

Obviously I won't post a link to that here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.