• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

MEETUPS 2019 Fastlane Summit - Announcement

Discussion in 'Networking, Socializing, Meet-Ups' started by MJ DeMarco, Oct 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. LightHouse

LightHouse Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $27,290
    Just like to toss in there an interesting thought for you all.

Unlike any other forum in the world.... this one is full of fixers and action takers. Literally some of the smartest people I know are on this forum, and as a collective it doesn't get much better to have a group of people solving the issues laid out in these threads.

If anyone can figure all this out, it's the collective here.

If not....

We will just stage a coup and overthrow MJ The Overlord. Then probably trip over the Ethernet cord from the server in the closet, and the whole thing will stop. So let's try to stick with Option # 1.

2. ZCP

ZCP Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $21,055
    Think he still has the phone set handle plugged into the cup receptacle?

3. Gary

Gary Elevatin' the Celebratin' Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,602
    :rofl:
    A perfectly visual description, @LightHouse. :clap::

4. LightHouse

LightHouse Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $27,290
    Up until 4 months ago I still had a cassette tape with a cord attached, plugged neatly into my $900 state-of-the-art mobile phone in my old car.

Kids these days just don't understand the hardships....

5. ApeRunner

ApeRunner Very Fast on a Bike Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $4,836
    Best post in the thread. Honestly those of us who care should address this challenge.

I know I can make some adjustments to the CSS styling to make it at least more legible on phones. For example I find the threads font size too small. I think it would be better to have it a little bigger.

Also I'm thinking on removing the badges on the mobile version. They do take a lot of screen real estate.

I could think of a lot of optimizations. @MJ DeMarco ?

Suzanne Bazemore likes this.
  6. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $343,616
    Admin Post
    What style are you using on mobile to make this perception?

7. Bora.s

Bora.s New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $17
    Hello I am new on the forum and I find it a bit confusing to navigate. I assume that the forum looks different on everyone's mobile phone. For me there is a difference between looking on the forum through Chrome or Tapatalk. I prefer to use Tapatalk, it is easier to read. I attached a screenshot of my two different views on a Huawei mobile. Screenshot_20181011-073011.jpeg Screenshot_20181011-072942.jpeg

Gesendet von meinem EVA-L09 mit Tapatalk

Davidla likes this.
  8. Paolo Rizzo

Paolo Rizzo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,747
    This is a shame, but your reasons are completely valid and on the money.

All we can do now as a collective is contribute, take as much action as possible and make this community so good that a summit happening is inevitable.

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  9. ApeRunner

ApeRunner Very Fast on a Bike Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $4,836
    It appears that I'm only allowed to use the "Fastlane for smaller screens" style on my phone. I have two phones with quite big screens and the font seems small on both. I would love to have the font just a little bigger.

Here is a screenshot of my phone:

wp_ss_20181011_0001_cr.png

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  10. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $48,477
    I’m not sure if MJ has any control over the layout and styling on Tapatalk. iirc Tapatalk just scrapes the forum and puts it into its own layout. I tried using Tapatalk once and got horribly confused.

The layout on mobile tends to be better organized.

Time to upgrade to that new iPhone Xs Max!

Greg R and jpanarra like this.
  11. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $343,616
    Admin Post
    I don't, and I'm dying to get rid of Tapatalk.

UnrealCreative, Greg R, Roz and 3 others like this.
  12. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $158,727
    On a mobile, I find TFLF easier to use than Facebook groups or Discord.

Roz, jpanarra and Kak like this.
  13. LightHouse

Rep Bank:
    $27,290
    When you say get rid of it, you mean the integration? I know quite a few folks on here use it, it makes things pretty efficient for forums although the only one i have in there and use it for is this one these days.

14. TheCrow

TheCrow Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $156
    Though it is disappointing this event is canceled, I am grateful for the detailed explanation. It is a lesson in how you think and an example for ya to follow in analyzing risk/benefit. Thank you for taking the time to post this information. I look forward to the day I have something of values to contribute for a speech at your community conference.

Perhaps offering one-on-one time and space for those who may be interested instead. I, too, enjoy being an introvert. Have one-on-one in-person sessions or groups of three at most might be a more productive option? Just a thought.

TinyOldLady likes this.
  15. Atown512

Atown512 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,889
  16. GlobalWealth

GlobalWealth Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $23,955
    Unless you offer a viable mobile alternative, eliminating Tapatalk would drive forum engagement off a cliff.

Most members that I know primarily browse the forum using this app.

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

Eskil, pkom79, amp0193 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Kung Fu Steve

Kung Fu Steve Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $23,116
    You only know 2 members.

18. GlobalWealth

GlobalWealth Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $23,955
    Then I'm not wrong

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

19. Lionhearted

Lionhearted Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,950
    Thank you MJ for everything you do for us and keeping this TFLF up and running. Of course thank you so much for the great books too. I find great value in the forum, you and the many of the members on here have helped me on my Entrepreneurial journey (far from complete yet). At this point I have 29,743,994 Views on my YT channel and 76,861 Subscribers Richard Lloyd USA inching towards my 100,000 subscriber YouTube Silver Play Button. Can't wait for that. I am working on improving myself, investing in real estate as an optional revenue stream and taking all the tips I can from the people on this forum who are getting it DONE! All the best.

JamItFast and Get Right like this.
  20. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $179,417
    How about plugging the forum on your channel for him?

ZF Lee, Roz, Suzanne Bazemore and 4 others like this.
  21. Lionhearted

Lionhearted Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,950
    May do that, I have to figure out a way to plug him and the forum as most of my videos are DIY or reviews. Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 5:48 PM
  22. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $47,302
    [​IMG]

23. AgainstAllOdds

AgainstAllOdds Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $51,503
    It's 2am. Back from working all day. First time actually seeing this thread.

My take:

People get busy with their own sh*t once their business gets going, and their incentive to contribute dwindles. That doesn't mean they don't want to contribute - it's just a lower priority than everything else.

Committing to speaking in February is not something that's easy to do. I don't know what I'm doing next week. You want people that are in the trenches or successful to speak. Those that have already spoke are less inclined to speak again. Those that haven't spoke probably can't commit. I missed the 2018 summit because I was busy hustling. I missed the 2017 summit because I was traveling the world and living what your books taught. I missed the 2016 summit because I felt I had nothing of value to offer. I know I'm not alone.

I didn't read this whole thread. Don't have time. But skimming through, @biophase hit the nail on the head.

We all LOVE what you have done @MJ DeMarco and value this community tremendously.

I've met numerous members from this forum in person, and have formed strong friendships with a lot of them. That's something that can't be tracked back to this forum in terms of posts, likes, summit attendance, etc., but it's something that strengthens this community and serves as a testament to the power of this forum.

We value this community and want to contribute, just all do it in our own way.

Tommo, Dunkafelics, Greg R and 6 others like this.
  24. eliquid

eliquid ( Jason Brown ) Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $43,051
    So there was a lot to read. I will admit I skimmed a lot.

If rolling the dice ( taking on the financial risk ) for little metrics in return is the issue, would removing the risk help at all ( even if metrics stayed small )?

If so, can those willing to go simply send you the money ahead of time and once we reach X ( the final amount ), the summit gets planned?

So if 100 of us right now sent you $500 and you secured the $50,000 before setting up the event, would that help?

Just trying to see if the risk is a bigger issue ( resolved with upfront payment ), or if its just the metrics afterward. I know there is a lot of pressure and behind the scenes work too that can't be accounted for in this, but just thinking "what if" and we got the money together upfront before any event planning?

Sorta like an escrow or fund I guess.

Tommo, MustImprove, Greg R and 7 others like this.
  25. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $48,477

Let me start off by saying that I am NOT trying to call anyone out. I respect the hell out of both of you. But, I think these two most recent posts prove @MJ DeMarco point...

This threads been up for over a week now and two users I consider to be heavy hitters on the forum are just now seeing it for the first time.

What MJ is trying to say is that a lot of the heavy hitters disappear for 10 months out of the year, show up around Summit time, but a ticket, the disappear again.

The heart of the matter that MJ is trying to explain is that the forum is suffering from a lack of quality engagement and posts because the high quality posters that attend the summit, don’t post on the forum.

The financial risk was more of a side not vs a main reason not to do it.

And dude, I definitely get it. I’m guilty as hell for not being present here a lot lately because I’m grinding my a$$ off working on this business. So, trust me, I’m right there with you.

I think the forum this week has done a really good job receiving MJ’s message and working on fixing the house, before we throw a party.

Greg R, ZF Lee, Roz and 3 others like this.