The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

1 Year Fastlane - $15 per hour to 5-figure deals

NewJamesBond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Nov 29, 2015
Hey Fastlaners,

It's been almost a year since I joined the forums. In that year my life has completely changed... I'm 20 years old and this has been one of the most thrilling years of my life.
  • I was interviewed by 1 major national media outlet
  • Networth went up 100% (literary 2X'd), 44% increase in last 6 months
  • Went from $15 per hour to 5-figure contracts
  • Worked with several multinational companies/well-known brands; consulting or projects
  • Did hundreds of thousands in additional revenue for the people I work with
  • Began building a brand; since presenting myself as a problem solver with data my close rate has skyrocketed
  • Had my profiles on social media/press releases/other PR seen over 200,000 times
While those achievements are great, the more important thing is that I'm growing. The real important thing is that in the last year I have proved that my skills and projects can really help my customers/clients. I have succeeded not in just making money or running a business, but truly changing my customer's/client's lives. I have succeeded in helping people.

I don't feel successful, or something like that, but I understand if I keep helping people, and I keep pivoting and moving forward I am on the track to live a really great life. I really like my work, and I've learned now that I can amply support myself regardless of employment. It is truly unbelievable.

I want to thank @eekern who helped me truly understand how to add value to businesses and @Fox. While I don't do web design I've learned a lot about how to pitch based on from them. Thanks to @Andy Black for such awesome threads. Thanks for @MJ DeMarco for writing a book that has inspired me so much.

Moving Forward, Year Two:
Retain More Customers (Increase Customer/Client Loyalty)
Increase Minimum Sale/Project Rate
Do Millions of Views of My Brand/Brands; Increase Viral Reach (Press/Social Media/Partnerships)
Close 6 Month Deals
Invest money into money earning assets
Outsource more

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm 20 years old

Some of you young guys are just light years ahead of most people who are twice your age.

Big congrats on seeing the big picture so young.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
@Canuker @thinkandgrowrich @Ecom man Would it help if I message a moderator who I am and then they can confirm that in I am in fact legit?

Please do.

Your post and application form look remarkably familiar. Not sure where I've seen them before.

Ah, that's right, on my website, written by me. There's also this on the bottom of my website:

Copyright © LexDeVille.com, 2016. All Rights Reserved.

But please do let a moderator know who you are and what you do...

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

My problem has nothing to do with whether or not you're the "real deal."

It has to do with the "borrowed inspiration" part...

You borrowed from my website without asking. So I can't help but wonder where else you borrowed inspiration from...

My materials?
Gold threads?
MJ's book?

I work my a$$ off every single day to create my materials, my website, my forms, and every part of my business process.

Then hopalong shows up and decides wow that's working great for him...I'll just borrow that.

But you weren't there for the 100+ hour weeks I put in, so it wasn't a big deal for you...

^ That's the emotional reason behind why this pisses me off.

20, 30, 40, 50...100

Does your age negate the law? Does your ignorance make it right?

How about you give me a royalty on future sales you make from anything you "borrowed inspiration" on.

How about you do the same for anyone else you borrowed inspiration from too.

Will you have anything left?

A jewel thief can easily show he has diamonds. Doesn't make the way he got 'em right.

FYI

This isn't the first time someone "borrowed inspiration" from me from this forum or tried to shortcut my process that I've spent the last 5 years learning, and building from the ground up.

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
Haha man, no offence, but I don't think anyone is giving you money until you start shedding some light on what exactly it is you do.

You said you were interviewed by a major publication? Which one and where is the article/video? What service do your provide to your clients? What multi-national corporations have you worked with? Who are you?

My BS meter is beeping.
Whether the OP actually has accomplished something or just made some crap up to sell something in the marketplace is yet to be seen but good job asking questions rather than swallowing something hook line and sinker. Asking questions before putting your money down is always a good route.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I sent @thinkandgrowrich some info about myself and a link to an interview with me in a very well known media outlet.
Ok. You voluntarily offered to send "proof" directly to a moderator. I instructed you on the best way to send info directly via the contact us form. You ignored my request and decided it was better to send this info to a brand new user that has yet to build any forum credibility?

I understand you removed your coaching offer and don't really need to back up your claims but this is laughable.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
20, lol, holy shit.

You could execute on your fastlane for a decade and be younger than I'll be when I wake up tomorrow.

Enjoy your rep. Don't let up. You could literally be retired by the time you're my age.

Literally.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
dhMeAzK.gif

Canuker

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jan 5, 2016
Haha man, no offence, but I don't think anyone is giving you money until you start shedding some light on what exactly it is you do.

You said you were interviewed by a major publication? Which one and where is the article/video? What service do your provide to your clients? What multi-national corporations have you worked with? Who are you?

My BS meter is beeping.

NewJamesBond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Nov 29, 2015
@Fox @RHL Thanks for Rep. Thanks @Andy Black for your nice comment. Thanks @MJ DeMarco for commenting! :) @Chimp Thanks for your comment! Yeah, not getting complacent is hard @conquer. I will keep hustling.

Thanks, everyone! I have been slowing down recently, but I will try to speed back up soon. Hustling all the time get's exhausting. I sometimes just need breaks. Either way, right now I'm looking into hiring more people so that way I don't have to work as hard, but still can make a good money.

Brian C.

Rolling Thunder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
339%
Apr 13, 2016
Massachusetts, USA

Doesn't do anything for me.

I don't know @thinkandgrowrich , so it's no form of validation - not that I need it anyways. You don't have to prove anything to me.

I don't doubt you're "successful." I hope you are. Genuinely.

Your thread: My 2016 Goals - 1K a week, experiences, travel, ETC is what got my attention. You wrote those goals nearly a year ago, and just wrote back to confirm that they've been completed. You got to where you are in a year! Where was the process? Wouldn't it be beneficial for others to see? Plus, nobody can neither confirm or deny these events (to my knowledge).

And the one thing you can easily share - your name, is one big mystery. If you're in witness protection or running a marketing power play - I get it. But otherwise, I don't. And if you don't want clients to see what you write, then don't write it. Don't share explicit details.

Every respected coach on TFF has candidly shared their progress on a personal level. And many of them have clients and talk about clients openly here on the forum. Many have gained even more clients through the forum.

From the outside looking in, the fact that you: only shared your name with someone I don't know, stated events with little to no progress, were "inspired" by copy VERY similar to what you produced, and dodged sharing your name with moderators - is a bit concerning. You have to understand the position of your prospective students.

Just share more about yourself and your journey my man. That's what the people want to hear about - myself included!

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey Fastlaners,

It's been almost a year since I joined the forums. In that year my life has completely changed... I'm 20 years old and this has been one of the most thrilling years of my life.
  • Worked with several multinational companies/well-known brands; consulting or projects
  • Began building a brand; since presenting myself as a problem solver with data my close rate has skyrocketed
  • Had my profiles on social media/press releases/other PR seen over 200,000 times
While those achievements are great, the more important thing is that I'm growing. The real important thing is that in the last year I have proved that my skills and projects can really help my customers/clients. I have succeeded not in just making money or running a business, but truly changing my customer's/client's lives. I have succeeded in helping people.

I don't feel successful, or something like that, but I understand if I keep helping people, and I keep pivoting and moving forward I am on the track to live a really great life. I really like my work, and I've learned now that I can amply support myself regardless of employment. It is truly unbelievable.

I want to thank @eekern who helped me truly understand how to add value to businesses and @Fox. While I don't do web design I've learned a lot about how to pitch based on from them. Thanks to @Andy Black for such awesome threads. Thanks for @MJ DeMarco for writing a book that has inspired me so much.

Do Millions of Views of My Brand/Brands; Increase Viral Reach (Press/Social Media/Partnerships)
Close 6 Month Deals
Outsource more

Thanks.
Loved reading this. Being able to sustain yourself is an amazing feeling. Knowing there's more to come is even better. Well done Mr Bond.

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
@Canuker I can totally understand what you're saying. I guess my BS meter would go off to. Why would you trust this random anonymous person from the internet and apply for his course? I thought about that a lot when I put up the course info. I mean since I don't want to publicly divulge who I am and the companies I work with it really hurts my credibility. I mean really all you have are my words and post history on the forums to draw trust from. Anyone who is applying the course is basically trusting in the good-faith of what I've presented, that is since I don't want to expose my who I am publicly on the forum.
I'm not doubting your success, but if your selling a course shouldn't you at least reveal what you do? How would someone know whether they want to take your course? I'm assuming you do marketing based on your post but idk

If someone whom I absolutely knew was a millionaire came up to me in person and offered me a course (without telling me what he does) to help me I would be like wtf, what does this guy even do? He can be a millionare off owning a tow truck company for all I care, so how would that help me lol. And I would react like that in person, let alone the internet lol

And this is coming from someone who is strongly considering to apply

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
If you want to teach you have to be able to share what is it is you do and also who you are.

- Biophase has 1000's of detailed posts over years. Lots of the top guys know him well and his success is beyond a doubt
- Lex has several gold threads, videos of him in action and is very transparent
- Snowbank has his public info out, proven track record and its easy to know what he is about
- I do LIVE FB videos, show past websites, share detailed info and am as transparent as possible (maybe too much)

Its good that you have past success but you need to be ready to be scrutinized if you are going to go into the coaching space. Also its unfortunate that you used Lex's material too since it adds insult to injury. Anyway I hope you are able to share more about what you do because if its legit it is well going.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
@Canuker @thinkandgrowrich @Ecom man Would it help if I message a moderator who I am and then they can confirm that in I am in fact legit?
Please send all info using the "Contact Us" link in the footer of this site.

Truth alway survives investigation. Kudos to those that question especially when there is so little information to go on.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I totally understand why everyone was so harsh, but it was still shocking to me. I still feel upset. Even though all my claims are true, I still feel mocked.

If a Moderator or staff member messages me then they confirm publicly that I'm legit.

I'm worried about my identity on the forums, not in the press.
I am genuinely curious.

Why are you so concerned about your identity on the forum?

I am certainly not your target client, but regardless it seems like a load of bullshit.

Anyone who wants to be a coach needs to sell themselves as the product.

Without empirical is social proof, why would anyone have any trust whatsoever with you?

Your story sounds pretty good. Well done.

I will withhold judgment on you for now and chalk it up to extreme naivete.

I know you are 20. And just based on that information you are inexperienced.

I don't mean that in a bad way. You're 20. It is what it is.

It also means you don't have extensive business experience by virtue of your age.

So let me give you so unsolicited advice. Be transparent. Show your potential clients your successes AND your failures. Tell them who you are.

Do you think Gary Vaynerchuck would be an anonymous success?

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My understanding is that @NewJamesBond still hasn't contacted a moderator to verify his information?

He messaged me and stated that I could confirm who he was. However, it is not my job to do the due diligence on someone, especially if someone is giving this person cash. I did not follow-up and ask for more information.

He then closed his message with a request to delete his Ad Placement -- which I promptly did.

Disciple96

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 5, 2016
USA
Here's what I think (as a 20 year old who hasn't found his fast lane)

Everyone needs to take a step back.

@NewJamesBond, if you truly did nothing wrong, then stop apologizing. It just makes you look guilty

@SinisterLex the copycats and fakes will never rise to the level of the real dealers, you were 10 steps ahead of him 10 steps ago

In the end... good artists copy, great artists steal. Nobody try to tell me they learned it all on their own without anyone's help.

Plaigarism is a different story, but it should already pretty obvious that its:

A) illegal
B) sidewalker behavior
C) that meets literally NONE of the commandments of the fastlane.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Hey Fastlaners,

Close 6 Month Deals
Outsource more

Thanks.
Awesome job and great update. It's always a pleasure to read about young people seeing success at an early age.

I'd be interested to know what business you are doing too.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
The bad news is that the world will go faster with more Fastlaners creating more value. It will go so fast that people who don't understand shit will go rabid against the rich, the economy, the community and the government. It's already happening.

The good news is that we can leverage on value and build more Fastlane channels EASIER and FASTER. And our wealth will shoot up sky-high.

They may go rabid, but they are hopeless heathens. We will always be ahead of the pack as we are at the top of the pecking order. They may have more in "numbers" but the brains and the power of the minds (collectively) will enable us to be safe.

NewJamesBond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Nov 29, 2015
Closed an exciting deal last night! I said I'd wait till Monday to pitch new clients, I couldn't wait, haha

@Silverhawk851 @Marquin Brewer @GlobalWealth @Arun Siva @Canuker @Fredyisgold @thinkandgrowrich Thanks for your comments everyone! It means a lot to know that the community is watching and enjoying my journey. It's exciting. I'm thinking about offering a coaching program through the Fastlane Market Place on how I've been able to build a brand so quickly and how I close deals so rapidly.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Some of you young guys are just light years ahead of most people who are twice your age.

Big congrats on seeing the big picture so young.

what's the reason ?

the 20 years old guy is lucky enough to be exposed to your philosophy at 20

instead of being brainwashed for 20 years in a slave job before seeing light

i will take the chess analogy

a lot of guys today are becoming chess Grand Masters at 15 thanks to computer and modern teaching. there are over 1200 Grand Masters in the world

but there were only 88 Grand Masters in 1950.

a young 13 years old Grand Master today could have been a world chess championship challenger in 1850.

so this is society evolution, there is nothing to do with intrinsic intelligence with the 20 years old guy

Brian C.

Rolling Thunder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
339%
Apr 13, 2016
Massachusetts, USA
Listen, I will not run the program. Obviously, because I am unwilling to reveal my identity publicly I cannot build enough trust to run the program here. I was doing it because I thought it would be a fun way for me to help other forum members. That is why it is so damn cheap. @SinisterLex I drew inspiration from yours, but none of the questions are worded in the exact same way. I'll ask mods to remove the post.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Fox @RHL Thanks for Rep. Thanks @Andy Black for your nice comment. Thanks @MJ DeMarco for commenting! :) @Chimp Thanks for your comment! Yeah, not getting complacent is hard @conquer. I will keep hustling.

Thanks, everyone! I have been slowing down recently, but I will try to speed back up soon. Hustling all the time get's exhausting. I sometimes just need breaks. Either way, right now I'm looking into hiring more people so that way I don't have to work as hard, but still can make a good money.
www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/you-cant-break-tackles-at-marathon-pace.70229

Last edited by a moderator:

Marquin Brewer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Oct 18, 2016
Hey Fastlaners,

Close 6 Month Deals
Outsource more

Thanks.
Congratulations and keep the pedal to the floor...See you at the top.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.