The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

WTF does Tai Lopez do?

Guru

Ryko

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 19, 2012
Croatia
I'm very inspired today with those 67 steps, mr. Yolo.

That's 15 grand a step. I might as well read 3-4 steps just to test the waters, rack 60K and assess where do I go next.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Funniest thread I've read in a long while.

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
Just seen this thread while perusing.

I'm going to disagree with most of you here.
I can see a lot of hate towards Tai and to be honest, I don't really understand why.

How I see it, the guy came from nothing and worked his a$$ off (and made the right connections) to becoming the guy you cannot get rid of (ads on Youtube)He is truly living the fastlane, the road most of us preach.

Just in the amount of content this guy produces, you can tell he is grinding it out.

So why all the hate?
Do I sense a hint of jealousy?

Posting videos of "dont stop believing" in an attempt to mock, is not going to make your life any better, just makes you look smaller.
I'm for having a bit of fun; but when its at the expense of others unjustly, just no.

To be honest, I have brought into the 67 steps and have been implenting the things he suggests and have been impressed by the results so far.
Once inside the 67 steps, there is much more content than just 67 videos, so is worth a lot more in value than I have paid for.
Given that I am a customer of Tai`s (and will continue to be so), I can comfortably say, your comments are unfair, immature and downright rude.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself

Peace.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Last edited:

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
I've been studying Tai Lopez for a while. Heres my conclusion.

He's great to study for about a week. After that you won't learn anything new. He is extremely repetitive. Watched the 67 steps videos. Some others as well, after that, stop. He doesn't come out with "new material" He just repeats what he already explained to you.

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
371%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
He's great to study for about a week. After that you won't learn anything new. He is extremely repetitive.

Case in point.
It's all the same.

There's no need to pay for anything he offers. If you want 'the 67 steps' just listen to his podcast between May 2014 - July 2014. (Or you can just watch the video, it's all the same stuff)

He pretty much gave away the whole thing for free, and he wasn't pitching anything then, or driving lambos, or calling it a "TV Show".

But did I mention it's all the same stuff anyway?

Ryko

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 19, 2012
Croatia
He's Oprah material. Lot of fluff and regurgitation. I guess it's good for people who never read anything, so he kinda hits you with all the quotes and excerpts. I guess.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Just seen this thread while perusing.

I'm going to disagree with most of you here.
I can see a lot of hate towards Tai and to be honest, I don't really understand why.

How I see it, the guy came from nothing and worked his a$$ off (and made the right connections) to becoming the guy you cannot get rid of (ads on Youtube)He is truly living the fastlane, the road most of us preach.

Just in the amount of content this guy produces, you can tell he is grinding it out.

So why all the hate?
Do I sense a hint of jealousy?

Posting videos of "dont stop believing" in an attempt to mock, is not going to make your life any better, just makes you look smaller.
I'm for having a bit of fun; but when its at the expense of others unjustly, just no.

To be honest, I have brought into the 67 steps and have been implenting the things he suggests and have been impressed by the results so far.
Once inside the 67 steps, there is much more content than just 67 videos, so is worth a lot more in value than I have paid for.
Given that I am a customer of Tai`s (and will continue to be so), I can comfortably say, your comments are unfair, immature and downright rude.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself

Peace.

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
^ strong join date/Tai advocating ratio
Seriously? My join date has anything to do with the validity of my point?

He's great to study for about a week. After that you won't learn anything new. He is extremely repetitive. Watched the 67 steps videos. Some others as well, after that, stop. He doesn't come out with "new material" He just repeats what he already explained to you.

I call BS on that.
You obviously have not watched the 67 steps.
Each video is specific to a certain area and yes, sometimes he refers back to what he previously said; only so you know its all connected.
He gives you projects and specific daily goals to reach which you can implement.
Its impossible to watch the 67 steps in a week because each video is released daily, after you have watched the previous and commented on how you are going to implement and set goals.

@theag
Attempting to mock me only makes you look immature and if this is the way you conduct yourself in real life, then I really feel sorry for you.
Maybe this is the reason YOU have not reached your goals, who knows.
I guess thats your problem, not mine.

I am perplexed that most of you are closed minded to this, with the exception of a few that open minded enough to explore.

Life does not revolve around MJ`s book (I do love the book) and is not exhaustive on philosophy and business and the way some of you are discrediting Tai, is slightly cultish if you ask me.

At the ripe age of 33; I am largly inexperienced to some of you, I get that.
However, I have a complete open mind about who I listen to and which books I read; Heck, I have even read the Bible and I am Athiest.
No one to me no-one has a price on thier head, I treat everyone the same whether they are the Queen or a cleaner; because you never know, either one could have the keys to your kingdom.

So what I am trying to say is that whether its your stubborness, experience or limiting belief, step outside of your cave and explore.

If you seen a poem that looked like it was written by a 5 year old, would you discredit it?
It might be the most beautiful poem you have ever read (If you are into that thing)

Wise up people

G

GuestUser113

image.jpg

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
Seriously? My join date has anything to do with the validity of my point?

I call BS on that.
You obviously have not watched the 67 steps.
Each video is specific to a certain area and yes, sometimes he refers back to what he previously said; only so you know its all connected.
He gives you projects and specific daily goals to reach which you can implement.
Its impossible to watch the 67 steps in a week because each video is released daily, after you have watched the previous and commented on how you are going to implement and set goals.

@theag
Attempting to mock me only makes you look immature and if this is the way you conduct yourself in real life, then I really feel sorry for you.
Maybe this is the reason YOU have not reached your goals, who knows.
I guess thats your problem, not mine.

I am perplexed that most of you are closed minded to this, with the exception of a few that open minded enough to explore.

Life does not revolve around MJ`s book (I do love the book) and is not exhaustive on philosophy and business and the way some of you are discrediting Tai, is slightly cultish if you ask me.

At the ripe age of 33; I am largly inexperienced to some of you, I get that.
However, I have a complete open mind about who I listen to and which books I read; Heck, I have even read the Bible and I am Athiest.
No one to me no-one has a price on thier head, I treat everyone the same whether they are the Queen or a cleaner; because you never know, either one could have the keys to your kingdom.

So what I am trying to say is that whether its your stubborness, experience or limiting belief, step outside of your cave and explore.

If you seen a poem that looked like it was written by a 5 year old, would you discredit it?
It might be the most beautiful poem you have ever read (If you are into that thing)

Wise up people
Don't stop... believing. Ever.

valuecreator

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Apr 16, 2015
Australia
Yes, I saw him pop up on youtube this morning as well...
Don't know him.
Very good salesman though, reminds me of Frank Kern. Replace the surfer dude persona with a dweeb.

It was a good reminder of what an effective USP can be, sometimes doesn't need to be much (in this case the glasses and the books, you always see one or the other. Very strong symbols).

Selling the benefits instead of the features is well done. (note the constant NOT, which the subconscious doesn't register.)

Everything, from the call to action ("claim your spot") to his name ("TAILopez", get it?) is top shelf. He knows what he's doing.

TAILOPEZ.JPG

Last edited:

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Yes, the guy offers a '67 steps' program/course or whatever. But whats to hate? You are not obliged to buy it. He provides tonnes of free content of high value, I have not once seen him try and sell anything during his content.

Furthermore he openly states he only buys his cars etc because they will make him more on the backend.

You can take positives from everything/everyone if you look hard enough, but quite frankly you don't even have to look hard with Tai. Good guy, I say.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
So this was all pretty humorous to read, but I really don't understand the whole "all he talks about is the same stuff"

Are the fundamentals supposed to change? Is there actually anything that hasn't already been done?

Are you still waiting for the big secret?

The real question is, would you actually be any more satisfied if you knew what the guy's businesses are - or would you just piss and moan about those particular businesses not being "good enough" for some reason.

Who cares?

Who do you want to do this with next? You will never run out of people to bitch about if can't realize these guys are just human beings. They are not here to impress you.

Nobody owes you anything.

StayOnTop

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jan 8, 2015
Central New Jersey
For whatever reason, this dude keeps popping up in my YouTube feed. So I did some research, because my bullshit alarm was beeping ever so gently.

Word.

Longer read;
http://somefinalwords.blogspot.com/2015/02/insight-junkie-history-of-tai-lopez.html

TL:DR scam artist.
Yea it seems like he appeared out of no where. However, I don't discredit his material. He seems educated and logical, and I don't know why people are comparing him to bill gates or tony Robbins or even Brian Tracy. There all different breeds. "Self help gurus" Are not a scam, and without intent to upset anyone, for those of you replying...."just go to work!! Who cares about him " it doesn't seem like your doing very well. As ALL even MJ I'm sure, has mentors, and Follows certain indiviuals. Whether this be to get ahead of competition or feed ideas back and forth. It's a necessary evil to those who are open minded

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014

So many people looking for gurus and hope.
Just saw a commercial by him today. I think it was on Youtube.
He shows a black Lamborghini he claims to own.
WTF does he do? I haven't seen him do anything except talk about books, books, books
and utter an endless stream of platitudes.
Is he just some kind of self-styled success guru or does he have a real business?
Is he trying to be the next Warren Buffet? The next Brian Tracy?
I heard Warren Buffet is always reading.
I don't have time to read a bunch of general advice anymore.
I just need to hustle and get a lot of work done.
I got a bunch of good work done today, which is good.
I think I'm in the zone now.

He sells hope.

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
May 5, 2015
California
Yes, the guy offers a '67 steps' program/course or whatever. But whats to hate? You are not obliged to buy it. He provides tonnes of free content of high value, I have not once seen him try and sell anything during his content.

Furthermore he openly states he only buys his cars etc because they will make him more on the backend.

You can take positives from everything/everyone if you look hard enough, but quite frankly you don't even have to look hard with Tai. Good guy, I say.
^^^ this. Like mentioned in another post, he's what lead me here. After watching his 2 hour video (which I knew was a hook to sell something) I still got a bunch of takeaways. Didn't buy his program because as stated, you can still find good value in his free stuff on youtube if you're looking for the right things. After the video I realized I was being a lazy a$$ and began reading more.

Funny, the other day I was wondering "man, how the hell did I even find TMF ?" After seeing this topic come back up, I realized I had googled him and found this amazing forum. Saw someone talking about TMF and bought it instantly. MJ's book is infinitely more valuable to me because it explains process and has tons more to take away. Tai's videos are good for an overall change mindset adjustment, but watching a video titled "How I went from being broke to buying a Lamborghini" with no actual explanation of process was just disappointing. He says his method to reading a book a day is skimming, which I often have to do in his videos sometimes.

The point is: If he's giving people value they're willing to pay for, good for him. Who cares about what he does? I'm certain it's from his website, which if used on the waybackmachine, you'll see has been around for a few years.

It might not be what you're looking for, but its value for others. Since getting TMF, I've decreased my lopez time and increased my FLF and TMF time which has lead me to start taking HUGE action in my life. Free marketing of TMF from Tai Lopez.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
^^^ this. Like mentioned in another post, he's what lead me here. After watching his 2 hour video (which I knew was a hook to sell something) I still got a bunch of takeaways. Didn't buy his program because as stated, you can still find good value in his free stuff on youtube if you're looking for the right things. After the video I realized I was being a lazy a$$ and began reading more.

Funny, the other day I was wondering "man, how the hell did I even find TMF ?" After seeing this topic come back up, I realized I had googled him and found this amazing forum. Saw someone talking about TMF and bought it instantly. MJ's book is infinitely more valuable to me because it explains process and has tons more to take away. Tai's videos are good for an overall change mindset adjustment, but watching a video titled "How I went from being broke to buying a Lamborghini" with no actual explanation of process was just disappointing. He says his method to reading a book a day is skimming, which I often have to do in his videos sometimes.

The point is: If he's giving people value they're willing to pay for, good for him. Who cares about what he does? I'm certain it's from his website, which if used on the waybackmachine, you'll see has been around for a few years.

It might not be what you're looking for, but its value for others. Since getting TMF, I've decreased my lopez time and increased my FLF and TMF time which has lead me to start taking HUGE action in my life. Free marketing of TMF from Tai Lopez.

Interesting that you pretty much exposed the TMF sales funnel.

Google Search on XY or Z.
Content found on Forum.
Discussions and recommendations of TMF rampant
TMF purchased.

In this case, it looks like this thread (and Mr. Lopez) has turned into a great TMF "Trip Wire" <== I know you marketing guys will love that!

Jambla

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 2, 2015
UK
I still keep seeing his video on Youtube. He must be making a killing from it. He is a good salesman, I remember watching the whole sales pitch but I lost trust in him because some of things he said were wrong. I was still intrigued enough to google him, I couldn't find anything on him but I did find this forum. He is doing a good job of bringing traffic here, if you google Tai Lopez this thread ranks number 1 :)

safff

Redlining
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 11, 2015
I for one generally would be interested in what Tai does for a crust. Even if just for the reason of not wasting time following the advice of anyone except for people who are where I want to be. The first thing that struck me was that the general tone of his presentations were almost identical to a financial advisor who I saw locally recently. Same old story, rags to riches, invested in property and now wants to help. What I later found out is that yes he may have had an investment strategy and ideas which was what he was selling ultimately in his packages, it also turned out that in his early years he was following around someone who was already a multi millionaire who was effectively his ticket to his millions. Fair play to him, but it's easy to sell a formula that worked for you when you had access to a millionaire. It helps put things into perspective.

Tony I

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 9, 2013
MA
He is doing a good job of bringing traffic here, if you google Tai Lopez this thread ranks number 1 :)

awesome. hopefully they'll read TMFL and get actual VALUE, instead of recycled motivational quotes from his site

"you must have enough warren buffets in your warren buffet account" guys

Johnjohnson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
May 2, 2015
If you read the comments on his youtube or website, you'll realize that most of his followers are pretty dumb. One person seriously asked, "Is it possible to become successful in other places or just LA?" Also, Most of his followers are 14-15 year olds who are desperate for attention from Tai, and do so by mentioning their age 24/7. As if wanting a better life is exclusive to adults. In addition, Tai really only encourages people to read self-help, not anything specific to their industry for the sake of being "big picture" or "balanced". Too much self-help makes people over-analyze things, and is not productive because nobody is perfect (and that's fine). Knowledge in your specific industry is what really counts. Reading self-help books that everyone and their grandma have already read won't really make you stand out.

There are many problems with Tai. For one, he keeps repeating the same quotations, books, and ideas without generating anything new. Also, he often mentions ideas that contradict one another completely, indicating he only repeats what he reads. He always complains about how people don't immediately throw all their money at every infomercial they see, but if you clutter youtube with garage videos asking people to pay $67/month for general philosophical advice, you really shouldn't bitch about skepticism.

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
May 5, 2015
California
awesome. hopefully they'll read TMFL and get actual VALUE, instead of recycled motivational quotes from his site

"you must have enough warren buffets in your warren buffet account" guys

Dude because of you I now spend my down-time watching here in my garage videos. Hahaha. The re edits are hilarious.

"I bumped into a Lamborghini, then another Lamborghini, soon I met 5 Lamborghini's"

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.