The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tell me what software program you want me to make!

x11joex11

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jun 27, 2012
Los Alamitos, California
Hi everyone,

I'm a full time entrepreneur, designer & software programmer/developer (and [ at the risk of sounding like an arrogant @sshole ] yes I can do the programming myself for just about anything you can imagine).

I'm looking to create a product or service that would directly benefit YOU!

This is your chance to pitch your idea to a professional developer who is willing to work for equity for YOU.

You are probably thinking I'm conceited, What makes me so special?

1.) I'm not special, I just know how to program like anyone else.
2.) But, I do know how to put together a software program and have entrepreneurial dedication to see it through to ACTUALLY making money.
3.) I had to get your attention somehow.

There are a few things of importance to note. I'm not just looking for any ideas. I'm looking for serious ideas that solve problems and are not based on 'what you think other people want or some idea you are trying to force on the world', but an actual real-world problem you are facing today and ideally every day that if solved you would be willing to 'pull out your credit card' and pay for this product to exist.

Perhaps even more important than the problem and the fact you would pay for it, is "How much would you pay for it?"

I'm open to any ideas here for solutions to problems. I can even help you craft solutions and a project scope to the problem you have if you are not sure of a solution.

However, if a solution to a problem will cost 10,000 or 100,000 to create and you tell me you are only willing to pay $5/month or a very small one-time fee, or worse nothing at all for the product, then you most likely never really had a profitable idea (problem or solution to problem) to begin with and it would be a failure as a business.

I'm looking for something that not just you, but other people agree is a good product and would pay the dollars required to maintain the application and/or product and even better if they are willing to pay for the product before it even exists (perhaps if given a life-time discount)

If anyone thinks they have an idea that meets the muster let me know and I'm your man.

Looking forward to proposals.

Best Regards,
- Joe

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
paypal money generator

Mike.B

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Oct 27, 2011
Ohio
Why not find prospective customers in a certain niche and build a software solution around their pain points?

I believe it would be more productive than scrounging for peoples ideas on this forum for a little equity. Also, I'm not sure why you think I would throw my ideas at you just because you're a developer. Developers are a dime a dozen (no offense), and I don't know you from Adam. What makes you more qualified than another one of the hundreds of developers I can hire today?

Just making some points here; not trying to come across like a total a$$.

x11joex11

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jun 27, 2012
Los Alamitos, California
Nah that is fine, I have to be willing to take criticism to get better. I want to note that I am NOT trying to be HIRED. I refuse to trade my time for money, I am looking for a problem that halts your day to day business that I can solve to make your life easier. A problem in particular that you would not mind paying for.

When I mentioned equity, I'm interested in equity for a business partner that is committed to the idea and the research it will take to see if it will be profitable before ANY programming is done.

Furthermore, I don't even need to do the programming myself, I could just hire someone if I wanted after scoping out a project. I just have the skills necessary to create any software project. That said I do know how to program and my skills are below. You can PM me for information on my 'I guess what you would call resume'. I do have a resume of some of my free-lance jobs I did here, http://www.vworker.com/RentACoder/DotNet/SoftwareCoders/ShowBioInfo.aspx?lngAuthorId=6699556, but it doesn't showcase my newer skill set.

I can program in PHP/C++/Realbasic/JAVA/Objective C and know how to correctly use database technology (like SqLite, or MySQL) for fast data manipulation. I can program any iPhone Application and Android Application. I can also make 3D games with openGL.

I also have marketing and graphics background experience (I'm always trying to improve this).

As for focusing on a certain niche and finding their pain points, I'm already in the process of doing this, but I'm interested in entrepreneur's pain points and what they would be interested in. So this is one of the niche's I'm researching and targeting.

I used to think that I needed a product and then people would flock to it and like it and it would magically buy it cause my product is so awesome. The truth is, that just doesn't work, it's a fairy tale.

I can program anything, but making something that people really, truly want and will bust out their credit cards for is a different thing. I made the typical entrepreneurial mistake.

But I realize now that all I need is to solve a real-world problem. A problem so bad that you are willing to take out your credit card and pay for the solution that is devised. It can't be a problem I come up with for the customers, but a problem that comes from the would-be customers themselves. Even when I craft a solution, I want my guide to be the customers BEFORE it's even created. This is the far more efficient way to create a software product in my opinion without wasting lots of time or money, and best of all you only create what the customers REALLY need.

This is my goal right now, to solve a problem that people will pay for? Does someone have a problem that you think can be solved by software? How much would you be willing to pay for that solution?

Why not find prospective customers in a certain niche and build a software solution around their pain points?

I believe it would be more productive than scrounging for peoples ideas on this forum for a little equity. Also, I'm not sure why you think I would throw my ideas at you just because you're a developer. Developers are a dime a dozen (no offense), and I don't know you from Adam. What makes you more qualified than another one of the hundreds of developers I can hire today?

Just making some points here; not trying to come across like a total a$$.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Here's an idea I had, roughly 80 seconds ago. It's not quite what you're looking for but I'll leave it here anyways because I'll never do anything with it or even look up to see if it exists.

You know how people can "mention" others on facebook? You type their name and it notifies them that someone has included them in a post? Well..make that for forums.

If someone starts a thread looking for info on how to create a lead gen site I could respond with a post that says.. Hey, I think M.J DeMarco knows something about that.

M.J gets a notification and all is well in the world.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
If you are coding for equity then why can't you just think of something on your own and program it yourself? Then you will own 100% and not have to deal with the crap that goes along with partnerships.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Create a program that suggests ideas for people wanting to start businesses.

Seems like there is a huge need for that.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Create a program that suggests ideas for people wanting to start businesses.

Seems like there is a huge need for that.

Or get a slowlane job. People who I work with come up with brilliant ideas about how to solve pain points in life, which they are always sharing, but they never act on.

BrucetonGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Sep 28, 2011
I used to think that I needed a product and then people would flock to it and like it and it would magically buy it cause my product is so awesome. The truth is, that just doesn't work, it's a fairy tale.

If it is a product that fills a NEED, then people will "flock" to it. If it is a product that you think is "so awesome" probably won't get much attention or sales.

EDIT:
But I realize now that all I need is to solve a real-world problem

You got the idea

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
Build me something that alerts me when a particular user makes a post on a forum. I want to enter a list of forum URL's and the usernames I'm interested in following. Think RSS feed for forum members. I've tried setting up Google Alerts for this, but es no bueno.

I'd pay you $100 for a working version of that. If there's a way to monetize it, I'd pay you well for improvements.

x11joex11

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jun 27, 2012
Los Alamitos, California
JAJT: "Create a program that suggests ideas for people wanting to start businesses.", This sounds like a cool idea, I wonder though, would you pay for an idea like this if it existed? What will this software need to do and how do you imagine it working to make it worth it to you to pay for it?

Jake: "Follow keywords of posts on forums" If you don't mind me asking, how much would you pay for this idea if it existed? and I mean actually pay (as that is how we'll know how much demand there is for it, and if anyone else would pay for that idea right now, let me know what you think would be reasonable).

Amail: "Follow users posts on forums" , Thanks for your response, would you pay $100 as a one-time fee or would you be open to a subscription service that you can use to do this for you. A service like that may require a subscription to sustain it's self correctly. Is the need strong enough that this would not be a problem? Would you for example be open to paying $25/month for this service? $50/month? (and by the way I'm just throwing numbers out there, it can be lower I just want you to be honest with me). How long would you use it and keep your subscription (assuming it did everything you wanted) if that was the case?

I've been talking with people off this forum, and there seems to be a common theme related to creating a better software version of this site, http://www.leadrefs.com/, the apparently have shut down, but yet I have members (2) so far from different forums saying they were interested in this service and willing to pay monthly. My understanding is they are willing to pay $10-30/month for a service that takes emails from websites for lead generation purposes (even the mailto: ) emails in the forms. Is this something anyone here might be interested in as well?

I'm looking forward to see if anyone has confirmations that they like any of these ideas and if you would truly pay for them right now if I were to create it.

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
I'd pay an up-front one-time $100 for an evaluation version - that's what it's worth to me. If I like how it works (if I find value in it), I'd look for ways to monetize it. I doubt you'd build this as a subscription service - people are reluctant to sign up to too much of that. Instead, I'd license it to forum owners with subscription subforums (like MJ and his paid INSIDERS subforum) and let them include it as an additional perk for their subscibers. That version would be hobbled a bit so that it only allows the user to monitor the forum they're getting it from. I would offer the full-featured stand-alone version for $89.99 that individuals could buy.

If I like the version you send me, and I get interest from people to license it, I'd be willing to pay a lot more than $100 for the licensable version.

x11joex11

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jun 27, 2012
Los Alamitos, California
I'd pay an up-front one-time $100 for an evaluation version - that's what it's worth to me. If I like how it works (if I find value in it), I'd look for ways to monetize it. I doubt you'd build this as a subscription service - people are reluctant to sign up to too much of that. Instead, I'd license it to forum owners with subscription subforums (like MJ and his paid INSIDERS subforum) and let them include it as an additional perk for their subscibers. That version would be hobbled a bit so that it only allows the user to monitor the forum they're getting it from. I would offer the full-featured stand-alone version for $89.99 that individuals could buy.

If I like the version you send me, and I get interest from people to license it, I'd be willing to pay a lot more than $100 for the licensable version.

Amail: Thanks, it's good to know. Okay so there is a possible value there for a one-time payment of $89.99 per individual that is interested in this? Speaking of which, maybe you can tell me a bit about yourself? What do you do? I'm curious what your 'profile' is (or what you think your/the target market would be). Are you just an entrepreneur as well trying to get ideas or is this software product of use to you for your business ventures?

My goal is to find others like you and see if they would be interested in this product as well for this price. Also if you don't mind could you PM me your email so I can keep you informed of this potential products development.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
J
Jake: "Follow keywords of posts on forums" If you don't mind me asking, how much would you pay for this idea if it existed? and I mean actually pay (as that is how we'll know how much demand there is for it, and if anyone else would pay for that idea right now, let me know what you think would be reasonable).
It doesn't follow keywords. It gives people a way to call users attention to a post. I wouldn't pay for it. My forum is too small but popular forums may find that it provides value to their users and pay a few bucks. I really don't know what people charge for plug-ins or mods. Just throwing an idea out there that just came to me. If someone likes it they can do some research into how it would work and what it would sell for and decide if they want to pursue it.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
If you hang around some of the SEO forums, you'll find that there is a HUGE need for a BULK keyword competition tool. I would definitely use it.

Gold777

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 3, 2011
I have an idea for a piece of software that would be absolutely sick (we've gotten a ton of feedback for this idea and a lot of people want it). Problem is we got ripped off by an Indian programmer when it was in development which exhausted our budget so we had to set the project aside (it was pretty expensive to make).

It's also not a type of program you can charge subscriptions for, it's more "social". Without saying too much, it's a program (and possible browser plugin) that would allow users to share, comment on, and view content/media without ever switching tabs in their browser. The website design is actually fully designed, so is the actual software component (just needs to be programmed).

I know that's a pretty vague description, and I can tell you right now that it's probably completely different than what you imagine. It's a true game changer. I've had the pleasure of discussing it with investors like George Zachary, Brad Feld, etc, they all like it, problem is, I honestly don't think they can see as far down the road as I can and see how this will be something extremely useful (especially for mobile devices).

Ya... would love to talk more, send me a PM with your Skype and I'll add you. I'll pitch the idea, show you screens, etc and if you don't like it you can come back here and call me an idiot. Sorry for being so vague but you'll see why when I show it to you (and no I don't think I'm the next Apple or Facebook, but it has some serious potential and we want to be first to it that's all).

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
Amail: Thanks, it's good to know. Okay so there is a possible value there for a one-time payment of $89.99 per individual that is interested in this? Speaking of which, maybe you can tell me a bit about yourself? What do you do? I'm curious what your 'profile' is (or what you think your/the target market would be). Are you just an entrepreneur as well trying to get ideas or is this software product of use to you for your business ventures?
I haven't done any market research to determine the right price. That's completely pulled from the air. I just see how it would be beneficial to frequent forum users, so it's an opportunity to offer value.

I'm not in software sales at all, and this wouldn't do anything for my current business. If you want to know more about me, do a search.

x11joex11

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jun 27, 2012
Los Alamitos, California
Does anyone else have any ideas or agree with any of the ideas listed here so far to try and program?

Would any of you be willing to pay for some of the ideas listed here? The forum ideas seemed interesting, but I need to know if there is a potential market for it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.