The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Rep bank $0? How it mimics your real life bank.

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
Ha! talk about a total backfire
Haha, i am still keeping that as one of my daily affirmations
My newly begun rep-bank hedge fund startup is looking for donors and benefactors if you really want to succeed.

All you need to do is invest your rep into our product and invite 5 other friends to join the program.

They will end up donating to you and you'll have so much rep, you wont know what to do with it all.

Just like the real world.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
but I once gave 4000 in one transaction.

Legendary contributors every once in awhile are given forum Black Cards; we just don't tell you when. :p

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah
Yea I see that, the entire point I was trying to make just whoooshed on by!

Did it, though?

Did Blake not give, give, give, then suddenly receive, receive, receive, receive, receive, receive, receive, receive, receive?

Seems like he made out pretty well if you ask me.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I Definitely vote for abolishing the $100 limit. Let it be a free market. I get that it's there limit people boosting shill accounts, but I don't think that would happen often.

Thanks Obama!

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Did it, though?

Did Blake not give, give, give, then suddenly receive, receive, receive, receive, receive, receive, receive, receive, receive?

Seems like he made out pretty well if you ask me.

There's definitely a correlation. The people that give reps most readily also receive the most reps... Also a function of giving, in the form of quality content to the forum etc. "give and it will be given back to you" is the foundation of repbankonomics

dave773

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Dec 29, 2016
australia
This is seriously the best forum..

I took a different piece of value from this thread. Let me explain.

Most of my rep bank is from @Vigilante and @Kak. They unloaded some rep on me over a couple of small posts I made when I joined this forum. It was pretty cool at the time. Legendary members are giving me rep? How did this happen? I have only been here two days.. honestly though.. I didn't deserve it. In the spirit of Christmas, I am sure they simply wanted to give.

I have YET to provide any REAL value to this forum. Maybe some new members get caught in this type of rat race where rep bank = more real rep bank. Well all know though..it is obviously the other way around.

I love the concept of rep bank. It truly is awesome. For me though.. a bigger rep bank is only going to work if I can increase my REAL rep bank. I'm not a wisdom bomber ..nor do I have much knowledge to drop ..but there are quite a few special members on this forum that are. You would be hard pressed to find the real truths in what they had to do. I am sure even MJ left out a ton of failures from his book.

To me when I read their posts.. it symbolizes what this person went through to get where they are now. The blood, sweat and tears through their life that transmutes into beautifully crafted and simplistic pieces of writing. They create infinite gold.. every.. single .. day on this forum just with their fingers. Everyone knows who they are. It's pretty clear who walks the walk.. and who doesn't. They could have zero rep bank, change their username, make one post a day.. and you could still find those hidden gems if you paid attention.

A $100 rep bank is my perception of my worth right now. SO, that's what it shall be. I am here to rebuild .. but only after I rebuild my real life. I am seriously humbled and reminded everyday on this forum how far I need to go, how much more I must do, how much I still have to learn.. and how much more action I need to take.

Thank you to @MJ DeMarco and @MidwestLandlord for this thread.

Later this year, I WANT to try and give some real value back to this forum. I have no idea how yet. I have some failures or possibly some small wins coming up in a few months.. but these will still be dwarfed by what some members have done in such a small space of time.

I am moving city next month to go in a different direction.. and I am looking to compound on my efforts and see where it takes me.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
To me when I read their posts.. it symbolizes what this person went through to get where they are now. The blood, sweat and tears through their life that transmutes into beautifully crafted and simplistic pieces of writing.
The blood, sweat, and tears are part of life experiences. Not speaking for others but accepting this as part of your journey is important. Don't be fearful of what lies ahead and don't be afraid to work.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
it is harder to get reps in 2017 while 80 % of what is to be said on a subject has already been said by legendary contributors since 2007

look this way : a newbie comes and says many things

people don't care because these things have already been shared for years by 1000's of users

you can't feed a dog which has eaten like bears for the past 3 days

" we don't care, you can't discover hot water again "

this is like customers in a world of increasing supplies

" we don't care about your products, we already know about that"

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
it is harder to get reps in 2017 while 80 % of what is to be said on a subject has already been said by legendary contributors since 2007

people don't care because these things have already been shared for years by 1000's of users

Look at the curious case then of @MidwestLandlord

He's been here 6 months less than you but his rep bank is 5x

Why?

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Look at the curious case then of @MidwestLandlord

He's been here 6 months less than you but his rep bank is 5x

Why?

I take issue with that. @MidwestLandlord also has more rep than me, dammit.

He pretty clearly had the unfair advantage of having something to say that others found worth listening to. What a clown.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
I take issue with that. @MidwestLandlord also has more rep than me, dammit.

He pretty clearly had the unfair advantage of having something to say that others found worth listening to. What a clown.

Now, now...it's not a competition.

But if it was...

:cool:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

LOL

72129852.jpg

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Want to know a sure-fire way of getting more rep (that works especially well for those who don't believe they have any value to offer)?

GIVE THANKS.

Did someone do something that inspired you or gave you an insight?

Give thanks. Not in a rep-chasing non-value-adding way, but by explaining how it helped you and what you'll do differently going forward.

Your learnings can help other people, and can help the person you're thanking to keep going or better understand how to help you.

By articulating why you're giving thanks it will also solidify the lesson for you.

I was just chatting to a friend last night about why I'm so keen my kids grow up with manners and give thanks.

Not only is it nice to be nice, but it means you have to be less "me" centric.

How can you thank the waiter who comes over to serve your food if you didn't even notice?

How good a business owner can you be if you don't notice the people around you and the things they do?

Give praise. Give feedback. Catch them when they're good.

Encourage the behaviour you want more of.

Try thanking people more often and see what happens.

This thread may help:

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Want to know a sure-fire way of getting more rep (that works especially well for those who don't believe they have any value to offer)?

GIVE THANKS.

Did someone do something that inspires you or give you an insight?

Give thanks. Not in a rep-chasing non value-adding way, but by explaining how it helped you and what you'll do differently going forward.

Your learnings can help other people, and can help the person you're thanking to keep going or to understand how better to help you.

By articulating why you're giving thanks it will solidify the lesson for you too.

I was just chatting to a friend last night about why I'm so keen on my kids growing up with manners and that they give thanks.

Not only is it nice to be nice, but it means you have to be less me-centric.

How can you thank the waiter who comes over to serve your food if you didn't even notice?

How good a business owner can you be if you don't notice the people around you and the things they do?

Give praise. Give feedback. Catch them when they're good.

Encourage the behaviour you want more of.

Give thanks.

Try thanking people more often and see what happens.

Straight up transferring rep seems to have had the same effect for me too. Gave away a couple thousand a bit back, and I think I've gotten it back 2-3x.

I have no idea why this happens, and I've also noticed that the highest rep bank members are also the most generous givers of rep.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Straight up transferring rep seems to have had the same effect for me too. Gave away a couple thousand a but back, and I think I've gotten it back 2-3x.

I have no idea why this happens, and I've also noticed that the highest rep bank members are also the most generous givers of rep.
Strange eh?

Those with an abundance mindset give it away and more flows back to them.

Like the cat that doesn't chase the tuna...

dave773

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Dec 29, 2016
australia
Just like how success is not limited in quantity, there is no limit to what can be said on this forum.

A deceptively simple way of getting rep?

Give thanks.
100% Agree. I think it's important to give thanks only when it's well deserved though. Apart of Australian culture is saying thanks and it has become an unconscious habit in many, causing the word to lose a lot of it's value.

I do not say thank you all the time but when I do, I really mean it.

I once was about to board a train to go see my cousin and in the moment, I walked onto the train whilst leaving my backpack on the bench. I was caught in a daze from the craziness that occurred in my life over the previous six days. The doors would only stay open for 10-12 seconds before they would close again. My backpack had two passports, a macbook, gopro and all of my valuable possessions. In this small moment, a stranger asked me 'is that your bag?' . I alarmingly jumped off the train, grabbed my backpack and jumped back on. Unsettled and exhausted i said thank you. A rushed thank you.

Before I got off at my stop, I spoke loudly across the room to the woman expressing how genuinely thankful I was for what she did. Giving thanks when it's deserved is what I try to always remember to do.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just like how success is not limited in quantity, there is no limit to what can be said on this forum.

100% Agree. I think it's important to give thanks only when i'ts well deserved though. Apart of Australian culture is saying thanks and it has become an unconscious habit in many, causing the word to lose a lot of it's value.

I do not say thank you all the time but when I do, I really mean it.

I once was about to board a train to go see my cousin and in the moment, I walked onto the train whilst leaving my backpack on the bench. I was caught in a daze from the craziness that occurred in my life over the previous six days. The doors would only stay open for 10-12 seconds before they would close again. My backpack had two passports, a macbook, gopro and all of my valuable possessions. In this small moment, a stranger asked me 'is that your bag?' . I alarmingly jumped off the train, grabbed my backpack and jumped back on. Unsettled and exhausted i said thank you. A rushed thank you.

Before I got off at my stop, I spoke loudly across the room to the woman expressing how genuinely thankful I was for what they did.
Yes, that's why looking someone in the eye and saying thanks *and* why you're saying thanks has such a big impact. So few people do it.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Thanks for the ++ @AllenCrawley

I tried to PM you, but you must have your phaser set to "leave me the hell alone".

Are you the dude that intentionally leaves his voicemail full so nobody can leave a message? Be honest.

My voicemail literally tells people not to leave me a message. Honest.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

letter9

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Oct 31, 2015
How the forum's REP BANK concept mimics a real FASTLANE...

First, let me say that this thread excludes @Yoda who gives away ALL of his rep bank as he earns it. Had he not be so charitable, he'd be one of the forum's richest.

Anyhow, I thought this needed its own thread.

@MidwestLandlord made an interesting comment here ... I thought it needed special attention. If you enjoy this post, share the REP with him.

The Fastlane Forum's REP BANK concept is actually a microcosm of a REAL FASTLANE.

Think about it.

The value you add here, say a great post, a GOLD thread; a funny comment, it exists in perpetuity. It exists seperate from your time and has the opportunity to help people 24/7. As more and more eyeballs read your value, you collect REP DOLLARS. These REP DOLLARS collect 24/7, no matter what you are doing.

You could be sleeping.
You could be traveling.
You could be at the gym.

In other words, your value bombs here are your unique pieces of work offered to the community, work that never goes dark and always is working for you, collecting views, likes, and rep transfers.

While you are away, your REP BANK grows. While I sleep, my REP BANK grows by hundreds of dollars every single day. Oddly enough, my REAL BANK does the same except with REAL DOLLARS.

Why?

I've thrusted VALUE out into the WORLD community and get paid REAL $$. Every. Single Day.

I've thrusted VALUE out into the FORUM community and get paid REP $$. Every. Single. Day.

Want to make money 24/7?

Start producing value that exists in space-time separate from your time.
Amazing advice. Sometimes I feel bad working on smng long term with no instant results, while my friends brag that the made $x today. And that exactly what I am telling myself - create passive systems, free yourself.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
My voicemail literally tells people not to leave me a message. Honest.
I called tmobile and had them turn off my voicemail years ago. My only voicemail now is my office phone and those messages come to me in an email.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

Frankie Relax

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
May 1, 2015
Italy
How the forum's REP BANK concept mimics a real FASTLANE...

First, let me say that this thread excludes @Yoda who gives away ALL of his rep bank as he earns it. Had he not be so charitable, he'd be one of the forum's richest.

Anyhow, I thought this needed its own thread.

@MidwestLandlord made an interesting comment here ... I thought it needed special attention. If you enjoy this post, share the REP with him.

The Fastlane Forum's REP BANK concept is actually a microcosm of a REAL FASTLANE.

Think about it.

The value you add here, say a great post, a GOLD thread; a funny comment, it exists in perpetuity. It exists seperate from your time and has the opportunity to help people 24/7. As more and more eyeballs read your value, you collect REP DOLLARS. These REP DOLLARS collect 24/7, no matter what you are doing.

You could be sleeping.
You could be traveling.
You could be at the gym.

In other words, your value bombs here are your unique pieces of work offered to the community, work that never goes dark and always is working for you, collecting views, likes, and rep transfers.

While you are away, your REP BANK grows. While I sleep, my REP BANK grows by hundreds of dollars every single day. Oddly enough, my REAL BANK does the same except with REAL DOLLARS.

Why?

I've thrusted VALUE out into the WORLD community and get paid REAL $$. Every. Single Day.

I've thrusted VALUE out into the FORUM community and get paid REP $$. Every. Single. Day.

Want to make money 24/7?

Start producing value that exists in space-time separate from your time.

After reading this post, I think we need to get rich in real life before getting rich on this forum. We cannot add any value to this forum if we are still poor, right?

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
After reading this post, I think we need to get rich in real life before getting rich on this forum. We cannot add any value to this forum if we are still poor, right?

Not true. A lot of the best threads on here are from people that are in the process of building a business from ground up. You get a real-time look at lessons learned and obstacles overcome. You get a birdseye view on someone else's process.

The premise of this thread is that there is a high level of correlation between people who are "successful" on this forum and people who are successful in real life. Real life experiences that others can learn from make for better threads, posts, and therefore, more rep gained.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.