The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Rep bank $0? How it mimics your real life bank.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
How the forum's REP BANK concept mimics a real FASTLANE...

First, let me say that this thread excludes @Yoda who gives away ALL of his rep bank as he earns it. Had he not be so charitable, he'd be one of the forum's richest.

Anyhow, I thought this needed its own thread.

@MidwestLandlord made an interesting comment here ... I thought it needed special attention. If you enjoy this post, share the REP with him.

Every time I log in, I see that people have liked comments I left days or even weeks ago.

Those likes put reps into my forum rep bank, from "work" I already did way earlier. I've found that the more quality comments I make, the more likely previous comments are to be liked as well.

I have real life processes in place that do the same. Not fastlane yet, but close.

The Fastlane Forum's REP BANK concept is actually a microcosm of a REAL FASTLANE.

Think about it.

The value you add here, say a great post, a GOLD thread; a funny comment, it exists in perpetuity. It exists seperate from your time and has the opportunity to help people 24/7. As more and more eyeballs read your value, you collect REP DOLLARS. These REP DOLLARS collect 24/7, no matter what you are doing.

You could be sleeping.
You could be traveling.
You could be at the gym.

In other words, your value bombs here are your unique pieces of work offered to the community, work that never goes dark and always is working for you, collecting views, likes, and rep transfers.

While you are away, your REP BANK grows. While I sleep, my REP BANK grows by hundreds of dollars every single day. Oddly enough, my REAL BANK does the same except with REAL DOLLARS.

Why?

I've thrusted VALUE out into the WORLD community and get paid REAL $$. Every. Single Day.

I've thrusted VALUE out into the FORUM community and get paid REP $$. Every. Single. Day.

Want to make money 24/7?

Start producing value that exists in space-time separate from your time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Thiago Machado

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
May 20, 2014
I'd like to see a reset.
I'd bet my rep in time the stats would be similar.

Makes me think of 2 things:
  • The lottery winners who lose everything and never get it back.
  • The millionaires who lose everything, start over, and make their millions again.
Fastlane is a mindset.

Last edited:

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
I tend to do what Yoda does (although I've not provided anywhere near his level of value yet).

It has created some interesting conversations via PM's I may not have otherwise had.

Last edited:

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
I'd like to see a reset.
I'd bet my rep in time the stats would be similar.

I remember when I knew everything because I'd spent my first semester at college....

Me: Dad, don't you think it's wrong that there's like 6 billion people in the world and a few of them have all the money?

Dad: Right or wrong, if you divided that money up 6 billion ways evenly, in 10 years the same people would have it again.

Me: How would they do that?

Dad: Same way they got it the first time, genius.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I had this conversation with another forum member the other day. I treat this forum like a networking event or like work.

With the exception of off topic threads, I never post anything without wondering if it will give value.

Because this forum is full of people who are willing to share their hard earned knowledge. What if I act like a fool and need help on a copywriting question. Would Lex ignore me?

What if I had a great idea and start a progress thread, would guys like Midwest or Kak, who might have great input pass it by when they see my name?

I've seen it time and time again on this forum where people who give value get value in return and people who post lazy questions get nothing or ridicule.

You fight like you train.

This forum isn't real business, but how you act here is probably how you'll approach real business.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Years ago, I contributed a lot of advice with regards to real estate investing. There were more people interested in RE. Most people on the forum are looking for information to help with online businesses. Can't help much there.

Most of my input these days has to do with outlook on life.

Giving advice helps me to assess my own situations.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
I had this conversation with another forum member the other day. I treat this forum like a networking event or like work.

With the exception of off topic threads, I never post anything without wondering if it will give value.

Because this forum is full of people who are willing to share their hard earned knowledge. What if I act like a fool and need help on a copywriting question. Would Lex ignore me?

What if I had a great idea and start a progress thread, would guys like Midwest or Kak, who might have great input pass it by when they see my name?

I've seen it time and time again on this forum where people who give value get value in return and people who post lazy questions get nothing or ridicule.

You fight like you train.

This forum isn't real business, but how you act here is probably how you'll approach real business.

Haha, I'm not even close to being in the same league as @Kak , but I do want to be like him when I grow up.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
I think that it would be an interesting social experiment.

If by "interesting social experiment" you mean online apocalyptic mayhem, then yes.

I'm still down, though. I need more mayhem in my day.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
FOOLS!!!

There will be a REP-payout last minute, this thread is a trick so @MJ DeMarco makes more on his hidden transaction fees.

dont_care_lol_bye_dolphin.gif

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Here's what I anticipate would happen with a rep reset.

We'd lose some veterans who wouldn't give a shit. Some veterans would continue to contribute, and rise to the top again. Some new posters would emerge as the next generation of superstars. Legacy content would stop contributing to rep speed. Right now, I get more rep$$ for stuff I wrote three years ago as it gets rediscovered and bumped.

Here's what wouldn't happen : someone who has been here for four years with 130 shitty posts and 20 likes would all the sudden become a value contributor.

All in all, @MJ DeMarco I think it would be good for the forum. It would be an excellent value lesson.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Here's what I anticipate would happen with a rep reset.

We'd lose some veterans who wouldn't give a shit. Some veterans would continue to contribute, and rise to the top again. Some new posters would emerge as the next generation of superstars. Legacy content would stop contributing to rep speed. Right now, I get more rep$$ for stuff I wrote three years ago as it gets rediscovered and bumped.

Here's what wouldn't happen : someone who has been here for four years with 130 shitty posts and 20 likes would all the sudden become a value contributor.

All in all, @MJ DeMarco I think it would be good for the forum. It would be an excellent value lesson.

It would be very interesting to demonstrate that past value reaps dividends.

If there's a rep reset and you still got credit for NEW likes on OLD posts, it would demonstrate that even if you went broke, you would still reap the dividends of your past work.

I like it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.